Started on: 02-17-2009 01:19 PM
Replies: 355 (48435 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 07-26-2018 10:13 PM
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car was still getting a lot of attention every time I went by it.
IP: Logged
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

The car was still getting a lot of attention every time I went by it.

Tom, it was great to see you there
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

So last night I was able to get a factory squirter from Nissan for the back glass of the car and what I did was run the NOS perge line to it.
now when you perge the NOS 2 streams will come out over the back glass

D.

I love it

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-17-2009).]

rcp builders

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was wondering if you have touched that NOS off yet. Was thinking of throwing a 50
or 75 hp shot on my 350 and was curious if traction was an issue. Very nice car, Ray
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2009 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are the last few pic's I got while I was finishing Clay's car

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2009 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tom, it was great to see you there

Dean, it was good seeing you too. Sorry I couldn't stick around. I was their trying to sell the Mustang GT convertible, so I didn't want to stray too much. The next time your buddy wants to bring all of his cars, tell him that I'll be happy to drive either of the Vettes, the Viper, the Lambo or even the chopper.

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 08-20-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2009 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

Dean, it was good seeing you too. Sorry I couldn't stick around. I was their trying to sell the Mustang GT convertible, so I didn't want to stray too much. The next time your buddy wants to bring all of his cars, tell him that I'll be happy to drive either of the Vettes, the Viper, the Lambo or even the chopper.

yea! me too

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you every get the rims?

Originally posted by ClayTonto:

Only have a stock photo, mine will have gloss black powdercoated centers. It will probably be 3-4 weeks before I recieve the wheels, I do have my tires though, and can't wait to roast,ahem, break them in.

Mr Ferrari

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-07-2009 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr FerrariSend a Private Message to Mr FerrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work Dean.. Well done..

------------------

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Did you ever get the rims?

The wheels were never made and the Compomotive still has my money. As soon as I get it back I will be getting Bonspeeds.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The wheels were never made and the Compomotive still has my money. As soon as I get it back I will be getting Bonspeeds.

Just for giggles. Do you think Whodeannie will let you test fit his BonSpeed rims onto your car? I think we all would want previews.

Sorry to hear about the Compomotive rims. It seems everybody is trying to rip people off.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just for giggles. Do you think Whodeannie will let you test fit his BonSpeed rims onto your car? I think we all would want previews.

Sorry to hear about the Compomotive rims. It seems everybody is trying to rip people off.

LOL! we where just talking about that
Clay wants 18" on his but I might bolt mine on his car to see how they fit on a non 88 car.
if I do I will get pic's for you.
D.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Clay,

Which Bonspeeds you planning on getting ?
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL! we where just talking about that
Clay wants 18" on his but I might bolt mine on his car to see how they fit on a non 88 car.
if I do I will get pic's for you.
D.

Nudge...
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ClayTonto

524 posts
Member since Dec 2008

Originally posted by exoticse:
Clay,
Which Bonspeeds you planning on getting ?

Deltas
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Deltas

Are you going to stick to the same size as before or are you up sizing?
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you going to stick to the same size as before or are you up sizing?

I will at least be going with 18s this go round, maybe bigger
chris2low

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2009 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chris2lowSend a Private Message to chris2lowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow this car looks effin amazing thts all i gatta say its nice thinkin of just re creating my whoe car its possibel
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Waiting on those BonSpeed pics.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2009 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2009 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

O.K.
Here are some camera-phone previews:

BTW I went with Enkei instead of BonSpeed
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2009 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those look wide

Lets see some pictures of the rim! I love enkei's!
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2009 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They sent me the wrong lugnuts and no center caps. Give me a few more days for better pics.
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rcp builders:

Was wondering if you have touched that NOS off yet. Was thinking of throwing a 50
or 75 hp shot on my 350 and was curious if traction was an issue. Very nice car, Ray

Terribly sorry, I missed your post until now.
PM sent
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never cared enough to post a demand of pictures, but I have to say, you sold your old wheels and have "pictures" of your new wheels, but I want to see them.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I am out of town 'till this Sunday, but here are a couple of quick snapshots I took last time I was home for just a couple of hours. I have not even lowered the car and taken out of the garage yet. The pics don't really show what they look like on the car, so I'll get her out and snap some more this weekend.

These are Enkei RPF1 18x8 in the front 18x10.5 in the rear w/ BFGoodrich KDW 225/40-18 and 295/35-18 respectively.
They are incredibly light and strong. I weighed them before installation and, even with the tires, the rears weigh 51 lbs and the fronts 41 lbs. For perspective my smaller diameter 17x7.5 wheels and tires I had before weighed three pounds less (48 lbs) than my new rear 18x10.5. So I went up one inch in diameter and three inches in width and gained only three pounds. I lost seven pounds in the front for a Total weight savings of eight pounds...with bigger tires!!!

BTW, My old wheels went to a good home:

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those look great! I can't wait to see what it looks like a couple steps back with them on the ground

------------------

Check out my build!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clay,
the wheels look great!
I can't wait to see more of them.
D.
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics as promised:

And the Ebony and Ivory shot (gotta keep the wife happy):

I really love these wheels and tires. Traction is phenomenal. This setup will lay waste to my old WS6 Firebird or Porsche 951.

------------------
87 GT Tilt Clip-Widebody-RamAir-Fastback-GlassHatch Powered by SBC 383 6-speed w/ NOS
Build Thread

Goals in Life:
1. Get Married..........Check!
2. Build Dream Car..........Check!
3. Get Wife to Come Back...

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Clay the wheels fit and look nice on the car.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great!
PFF
System Bot
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clay

The car looks great, and the wheels look really nice on the car.

Are you still using the adapters on the rear ?
If you are how big are they ?

Can you please tell me,
how big where the old wheels on the back ? the ones on the yellow 328.
and what size of adapters you were using ?

Thanks for your help
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, guys.
The old wheels were 17x7.5" 35mm offsets. I used 2.75" 5x100 to 5x100 adapters.
The new rear wheels are 18x10.5" 15mm offsets with 1" 5x100 to 5x4.5 adapters.
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the info

***"takes note and continues dreaming" ****
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Old Man Winter has put a freeze on things.
I did get to drop off my door panels at the Upholstery shop. Just waiting on the material from Mr. Mike.

I'm debating on whether or not I should upholster the dash or leave it painted.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Claytono, how does the handling feel using the newer style rear sway bar? I haven't but mine on yet and was just wondering.
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Claytono, how does the handling feel using the newer style rear sway bar? I haven't but mine on yet and was just wondering.

The handling is superb. No body roll at all with the HHP bars. I will be going to Road Atlanta this year to get it dialed in, because I can't break it loose on the street to find it's passive over/understeer limits without doing way over the legal speed limit or power inducing an oversteer.
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2010 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i must say i enjoy your car very much. hopefully some day mine will look somewhat similar only slightly longer
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2010 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my door panels back from upholstery:

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock