Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Pantera parts ! (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pantera parts ! by opm2000
Started on: 07-07-2004 11:05 PM
Replies: 741 (85252 views)
Last post by: Sage on 09-18-2016 09:50 AM
opm2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Joe,
...............well it's time to take Ms Patty down to 'ol Cabo San Lucas and do the Cabo Wabo. We depart Monday morning, 0 dark thirty.

After a week of that we return, and I am promised a few days to rearrange the shop & get it back into production shape.

Then it's up to you & Ron, as to who will produce the first roadster Pantera. Should be interesting.
BTW, whoever is first, I have a rear clip ready, laid up with iso-grade resin, at a very reduced price

The rest of that week is split between helping #1 Son learn how to trailer, unload, load, run, etc the 18' Wellcraft we are partners in.
It gets reupholstered & repainted this winter.

I just turned down another offer to sell the yellow Pantera. This guy bicycles by every weekend ( I live out in the countryside where folks go biking) and he has flat fallen in love with it. I offered to sell him a kit or build one for him. But one short ride has convinced him he wants this one. After selling the first Baby Ace I built, I know I would dearly regret selling the yellow Pantera, and it just ain't going to happen.

Wish I was a-workin' on the choptop Pantera right now.

David Breeze

[This message has been edited by opm2000 (edited 06-25-2010).]

IP: Logged
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Based on the current and foreseeable future economic issues, Joe is most surely gonna take that title.

Ron
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Based on the current and foreseeable future economic issues, Joe is most surely gonna take that title.

Ron

Ron, have you seen the progress on my current projects??? It looks like it'll be a slow race!!!

Joe
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Ron, have you seen the progress on my current projects??? It looks like it'll be a slow race!!!

Joe

OK, the race is on! It'll be like two turtles mud racing backwards I fear.

Ron
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2010 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK, the race is on! It'll be like two turtles mud racing backwards I fear.

Ron

It might be more like a couple dinosaurs in the tar pits!!!

The fact that I can't seem to sell my last Countach body to save my life, (the last ebay listing had over 400 page views and 13 watchers, and it still didn't sell at $2,000) isn't helping.

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe

[This message has been edited by motoracer838 (edited 08-01-2010).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by opm2000:

Wish I was a-workin' on the choptop Pantera right now.

David Breeze

Well, we can make that happen. Just stop by and show us your excellent welding skills. Shouldn't take long at all.

Ron
Fastfocusguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastfocusguySend a Private Message to FastfocusguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello to Dave and all the other followers of this thread!

yes, I still have not got round to posting the pix of Fantera/Pantero #003 as she appeared at the Dells Run show back in june -

however, I have now solved the nagging problem of How to make a 1972 DeTomaso Pantera Speedometer work in a 1985 Fiero GT -

and actually have it read accurately ! ! ! For all of the gory details, please read my thread in tech discussion & questions titled Speedo-drive ratio Info Needed !!!

or use this link : https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...111219.html#lastpost

Now I must accomplish the same mission for the Pantera Tachometer ! !! !!!
Fastfocusguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastfocusguySend a Private Message to FastfocusguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fastfocusguy

143 posts
Member since Apr 2007
Here we go!
I will now try to use PIP to post the pix of my Pantero at the Dells Show earlier this summer !!

[This message has been edited by Fastfocusguy (edited 09-02-2010).]

Fastfocusguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastfocusguySend a Private Message to FastfocusguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are the Original Equipment Veglia Instruments from Bonafide Panteras, to go into my dash ! ( still looking for fuel gauge ! )

opm2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Dave,
Looks great!

BTW, are those wheels real Campagnolo?

David Breeze

------------------

Pantera Rebody Kits

Fastfocusguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastfocusguySend a Private Message to FastfocusguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you!

and, yes, they are the real deal !

15 X 7 in front

15 X 8 in the rear

- had them professionally sand blasted, primed, painted, and clear coated first.

- then the new tires installed and balanced.

- mounted to the car with Aircraft grade billet aluminum wheel adapters

- I have a set of four factory pantera center caps for them, but did not get them on in time for the dells run

- but, as you can see, now I need some modest fender flares to make them look Kosher !!

- see the photo that shows the inside of the front trunk, and you can see how far the stick out of the wheel wells ;0

[This message has been edited by Fastfocusguy (edited 09-08-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dave,

guess what, yea it's that time again, you should know whats coming by now.
Fall bump

Joe
opm2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I did some welding on Ron's Pantera project. Honestly, he & FieroGuru have done some outstanding work. They need to share.

And on my way back from the airport I met yet another Fiero guy. Didn't get the contact info, though.

Other than that, I've been up to my eyeballs in the Bellanca:

Out with the old

In with the new

I could have had a V8 ???

David Breeze
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great, just great. It seems that we've gone from better home & gardens to american pilot without much Fiero in between (and I thought I was bad at getting sidetracked)

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe
Fastfocusguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastfocusguySend a Private Message to FastfocusguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look at the bright side !! At least it is not a North American P-51D Mustang !!!

Here is two photos of MY little old plane ! ( 1966 Mooney Super 21 ) - - -

yeah, it is a fixer - upper !

[This message has been edited by Fastfocusguy (edited 10-07-2010).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, I did some welding on Ron's Pantera project. Honestly, he & FieroGuru have done some outstanding work. They need to share.

David Breeze

And splendid demonstration of welding he did.

Eventually, there will be a build thread but, it will be when the "project" is nearer to completion. Though, I do agree, Paul, Fieroguru did an outstanding job on his part of the project.

BTW Dave, we need to talk about those strakes.

Ron
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2010 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Winter bump, come on Dave, throw us a bone , will ya .

Joe
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Winter bump, come on Dave, throw us a bone , will ya .

Joe

Yeah Dave, what's happening?

Ron
VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to build one of these. It looks simple but I'm sure its not easy.
opm2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well Guys,
Seems there are only so many hours in a day...The Bellanca is almost airworthy, and the kitchen renovation is begining.

None the less, the undercover roadster project is ready to begin body work. I just have to create space in the shop.

For your consideration, I'm trying to convince the owner to follow these guidelines to build a roadster

The overhead pic shows the later body style, and my molds are obviously of the earlier body styles.
But, it's the way the body was modified to create an open top that I like.
Essentially the roof portion has been removed.
What I particularly like is that the rear "strakes" are left in place.
To me they represent a large part of the Pantera design signature.
The also would lend themselves to the posability of building in a rollbar protection system.
It looks like it might be easy to fabricate a removable roof and a removable rear window if the strakes are intact.

Here are a few more close ups of the same car:

David Breeze

------------------

Pantera Rebody Kits

[This message has been edited by opm2000 (edited 01-09-2011).]

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh Man, that's not fair! Trying to use public opinion to stifle my creative thought process. What's the world coming to.

When the time is right, you can judge for yourselves.

Ron
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You just need a good side profile picture of the Yellow or Gray Panteros and then have it photoshopped both ways. Then you can see how each would work before the fiberglass work begins.

Or... do the first one Dave's way and if you do not like it, give it to me and do the 2nd one your way.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 01-10-2011).]

opm2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
>>Or... do the first one Dave's way and if you do not like it, give it to me and do the 2nd one your way.<<

There you go. I like the way you think :>

David Breeze
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

>>Or... do the first one Dave's way and if you do not like it, give it to me and do the 2nd one your way.<<

There you go. I like the way you think :>

David Breeze

We both know he's crazy, besides that, he got to do the engine install exactly the way he wanted to. I'm think'n his vote don't count on the body.

Ron
boxter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boxterSend a Private Message to boxterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been away for years, so could someone update on the Fantera without me reading hundreda of posts. I was interested in one years ago, but the kit never came? What ever happened? Hasn't it been 10 or 15 years now?

[This message has been edited by boxter (edited 01-30-2011).]

Fastfocusguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastfocusguySend a Private Message to FastfocusguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I may not have all the details correct, but here is my understanding of how it went down. The fellow out West who started the whole Fantera kit got tired of it, and Put the whole shebang up for sale, including the prototype car. OPM2000 purchased the package and had it braught back east. He has re-worked all of the original molds to near perfection. Now he is making additional molds, for parts that were not offered with the original kit, to give us even more options! He is also prototyping a 'chop-top' version which has the roof line lowered by several inches. He is also experimenting with various engine swaps, while debating the merits of a roadster version of the car. ( all while working a day job, and performing the duties of husband and father ! ) If you are thinking of getting a kit, you should use the PM feature to contact him to find out current lead times and prices. I am not sure if he is "Officially" in production mode yet, so be prepared to be patient. Hope this helps ! ! !
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastfocusguy:

Well, I may not have all the details correct, but here is my understanding of how it went down. The fellow out West who started the whole Fantera kit got tired of it, and Put the whole shebang up for sale, including the prototype car. OPM2000 purchased the package and had it braught back east. He has re-worked all of the original molds to near perfection. Now he is making additional molds, for parts that were not offered with the original kit, to give us even more options! He is also prototyping a 'chop-top' version which has the roof line lowered by several inches. He is also experimenting with various engine swaps, while debating the merits of a roadster version of the car. ( all while working a day job, and performing the duties of husband and father ! ) If you are thinking of getting a kit, you should use the PM feature to contact him to find out current lead times and prices. I am not sure if he is "Officially" in production mode yet, so be prepared to be patient. Hope this helps ! ! !

Pretty much correct and good information but, let me make a few very slight corrections. First, the Fantera name is not being applied to the Pantera/Pantero body but, I guess if you buy one, you can call it what you want. Secondly, Dave and I loaded up in my truck/trailer and hauled our asses out to CA where Dave bought the car and the molds. We then hauled our asses and the goods back to KY. This was done in about 4.25 days. (If you'll note, check out the trip from Versailles, KY to San Diego, CA or there abouts. Yes, we did haul ass.) Some of the molds have be reworked or refined.

Now to the most important part, Dave was never, ever even remotely interested in a Roadster version until I decided that was how my Pantero would be finished. He has found the version (red car) and suggested that mine should be similar to the one pictured. Although the one pictured is beautiful, it still is not the idea or vision I have in my head. Dave believes certain things about the Pantera body are untouchable and I don't. I don't want to go into what my version is, it will come out eventually. Heck, I wasn't even going to tell anyone that mine was to be a Roadster but somehow the word leaked out. Oh well, it is what it is.

Dave has completed a couple of engine installs but, I'll let him discuss them. My Pantero will be a Roadster, we're hoping a roadster with a removeable hard top but, that depends on some other creative changes that are being made. My Pantero (R) will be powered by a 4.9 coupled to a five speed. The engine swap has been completed and is unique to what most 4.9 are. Fieroguru did the swap for me. I like what he did.

According to our plan, my Pantero (R) will go into the shop for the body this Spring. Of course, everything is flexible on that but, our hope is to have at least two Panteros in Indy for the 30th Celebration.

------------------
Ron

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... our hope is to have at least two Panteros in Indy for the 30th Celebration.

Only two... where's mine?

I think I have the pefect drivetrain for a Pantero Chop Top sitting on my cradle fixture...
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Only two... where's mine?

I think I have the pefect drivetrain for a Pantero Chop Top sitting on my cradle fixture...

I happen to agree with that. Now, you just need to convince Dave to produce one. I'll be happy to help but, Dave is the key to making body components pop out of those molds.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone seen or heard from Mr. OPM2000 lately?

Dave, you out there somewhere?

------------------
Ron

PFF
System Bot
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anyone seen or heard from Mr. OPM2000 lately?

Dave, you out there somewhere?

Hell, if you haven't heard form him lately, what chance do you think we have???

Joe
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have been a fan of these kind of cars since i first seen them. if i had the chance [ and the money] i would like to make my fiero look something like it. the pic below is the one that i think would be nice to use [its from a game but it is still based off the real car]
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hell, if you haven't heard form him lately, what chance do you think we have???

Joe

Joe,
Actually, I have seen and spoken with the chosen one. He is alive and doing well. He just has some other things going on that he is addressing. My post was really meant to spur him on to get done what he needs to do and let's get back to building Panteros

------------------
Ron

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31842 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by fiero al:

i have been a fan of these kind of cars since i first seen them. if i had the chance [ and the money] i would like to make my fiero look something like it. the pic below is the one that i think would be nice to use [its from a game but it is still based off the real car]
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Al,
The opportunity is here. I won't talk money but, Dave has the molds and can build you one. Just check with him. You can get the next one, right after mine pops out of the molds.

------------------
Ron

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Joe,
Actually, I have seen and spoken with the chosen one. He is alive and doing well. He just has some other things going on that he is addressing. My post was really meant to spur him on to get done what he needs to do and let's get back to building Panteros

That was meant to be joke. ( I gotta remember to add some )

Joe
Fastfocusguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastfocusguySend a Private Message to FastfocusguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully OPM2000 is busy planning his maiden flight in the now re-engined Bellanca up to the frozen tundra west of lake michigan !! ?? !! ??
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastfocusguy:

Hopefully OPM2000 is busy planning his maiden flight in the now re-engined Bellanca up to the frozen tundra west of lake michigan !! ?? !! ??

I spoke with Dave about this just the other day. They are just waiting for a little warmer day to wrap up the small stuff, have a ferry pilot take the plane over to renew it's annual and then Dave will be getting some hours with a CFI to get back to where he was. After that, I would assume he will be back to building Panteros and most likely fishing. Currently, he's got his hands full with other stuff.

------------------
Ron

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2011 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spring bump.
Fastfocusguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastfocusguySend a Private Message to FastfocusguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone planning to bring their OPM2000 Pantera to the Dells Run in Wisconsin next month ? ?? ??? ????
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock