Sport Fiero by fourpoint9
Started on: 09-07-2006 09:38 PM
Replies: 455 (65440 views)
Last post by: fourpoint9 on 03-08-2024 11:49 PM
zetabird

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zetabirdSend a Private Message to zetabirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i love the song veary appropreate lol and i was looking at the same leds to use in my tails, cause the 4 inch rounds wont fit i can get them for liek 9 bucks apice for good quality ones, oh and back to what i was jumping in here for im not sure if youve tryed yet but have you talked to Norm yet about making your parts im not sure if he would or if that would work out but he dose amasing work and is not to far from me WWW.Normsfiberglass.com maby you can try talking to him, id be willing to lend him a hand glassing if he needed it and i could get over there

[This message has been edited by zetabird (edited 06-18-2008).]

IP: Logged
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

You asked for it. (I used a great song - you'll like it) It shows my LED tail lights and my stereo install.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBNt5MoRuAM

they look awesome, how difficult was it to make a panel to mount them inside the stock lense section? and how difficult was the wiring?
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My brother in law runs a machine shop that makes parts for Boeing. My father in law runs his flow jet which cut out my amp rack. The tail light bracket they cut with a huge stamping machine. I think I still have the drawing I made that they used, PM me if you want a copy

I used a Hotronics PG-3, No Load Flasher For LED Taillights.
http://www.hotrodhotline.co...ch/05hotronicstech2/

Wiring was simple.
Because the notchback tail lights have the brake light shared with the turn signal
I had to cut the grey wire on the brake light switch and run a new wire.
The sequential turn signals have a flasher system built in so it makes them flash a little random because of two flashers, but it looks fine.

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 06-19-2008).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If I added a scoop on every corner I'd have to go wide body too.

I hope you're not going to un-do that nice orange paint job. Maybe better to start a new chassis.
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, it will stay as-is. photoshop mods are free. Though I may have to do something different on the wife's car. We have a 3.4 DOHC engine, just need to find a nice fiero with a blown motor on craigslist for cheap.
fieroturbo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey fourpoint,

Have you tried talking to some of the existing Fiero retailers about reproduction of these bumpers, like V8 Archie, or Pisa Fiero? They already do plenty of body kits, maybe contracting them out would be an option.

Also, I'm not sure if the people you made bumpers for backed out or not, but if they did, for either front or back, let me know... I've got funding for both, but I'm mostly in need of a rear bumper.

Finally, I have to be honest my friend, you have created one of the best notchback mods out there. Thank you for doing something for just us non-GT guys.

------------------
Petty Officer Michael C Casaceli
Aircraft Electronics Technician Second Class
AIMD Brunswick (2007-present)
Patrol Squadron Ten (2003-2007)
United States Navy

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dyno day with the NWQuattro Club

197 whp 270 ftlbs

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 10-05-2008).]

SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am glad you came. IT was different seeing the numbers that thing put out. You should be proud!
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a 217 on my first run but they did not have my car tied down well, so the chart had bounces in it.

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 10-05-2008).]

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy Crap man

That car is beautiful, ergonamically well balanced, it sits corectly and sounds outstanding. I wish to get a ride in it someday. I just had to let you know...

Cordially,
Kevin
BlackGT Codde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackGT CoddeSend a Private Message to BlackGT CoddeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the car is awesome i love it
want it need some more of it

[This message has been edited by BlackGT Codde (edited 10-07-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2008 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it was awesome to hear this thing first hand as it screamed on the dyno. felt it in my chest!
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2008 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unbelievable job on everything. I love the bumpers and the entire car. Well done man.

------------------

1 of 2: Graphite Grey Pearl 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.0@118mph, 1.89 60ft w/True Street Radial Tires not Drag Radials!)
NEW ENGINE SETUP COMING SOON! STAY TUNED!!!

My CarDomain Site
My Friend Garrod's CarDomain Site

Haggerty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2008 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HaggertySend a Private Message to HaggertyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got a 217 on my first run but they did not have my car tied down well, so the chart had bounces in it.

Nice numbers, what does Lance have done to his speed 3?
I have one and am split on building a Fiero or modding the speed.
I think I would get more fun with a Fiero...the only time I use the speed is when the wife is with me and she doesnt let me have any fun. Only gonna get worse when our daughter is born. Atleast with a Fiero I'd probably be alone most of the time, and just give her the Speed 3.
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2008 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That Speed3 was amazing. It only had a FMIC, and put down those numbers!

Look at #7....that was the sickest dyno ever. A completely bone stock Mercedes E55 AMG.....It was completely silent. All you read were the rollers spinning at 155MPH when he hit the speed governor. Looking at his gragh he still could have made more power. Talk about seriously under-rating their car! YIKES

[This message has been edited by SpeedWorksAutoTuning (edited 10-08-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A friendly bump.
Curlrup

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[/QUOTE]

So did you ever engaged on this project? If anyone has the skills to make it happen is you.
Needless to say if you ever did made these flares your car will be to me one of the best looking Fiero ever!
JG
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, it will stay as-is. photoshop mods are free. Though I may have to do something different on the wife's car. We have a 3.4 DOHC engine, just need to find a nice fiero with a blown motor on craigslist for cheap.

Hmmm... Is that the same engine you got from me right before I moved?

Originally posted by THE BEAST:

So did you ever engaged on this project? If anyone has the skills to make it happen is you.
Needless to say if you ever did made these flares your car will be to me one of the best looking Fiero ever!
JG

If you've never seen this car in person, then please believe me when I say that those flares would NOT do it justice... As-is, it's currently one of those cars that you just can't help but stare at... Almost like it's seducing you (for lack of a better way to put it...). And if you have seen it in person, then you probably already know exactly what I'm talking about.
Great job Steve! You gonna be at Daytona?
-Paul
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

One of the best looking rear bumpers on the market.

The front too.

Terrific fab work. Really modernizes the look.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE WILDCAT"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2009 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

Hmmm... Is that the same engine you got from me right before I moved?

Great job Steve! You gonna be at Daytona?
-Paul

Hello Paul, I see in your thread you are keeping busy buying up Fieros to match the fleet you had here.
I miss having a Fiero owning neighbor. Yeah the 3.4DOHC that you sold me (thank you) will go in our (I tell my wife it's her's) '87 Blue coupe.
Trek to Daytona ? You know that would take me a week each way. Might try to make it to a Cali event someday.. Songman invited me to his Coast Run.
PFF
System Bot
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2009 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice numbers man, lots of torque : If you ever decide a you want a little more out of the 4.9, an RPM based progressive nitrous system, 75-100 shot, would give you an extra 100 HP without exceding the max torque you're already making (no extra stress on the drivetrain or fuel economy that way) Your curve would look more like this:

Sweet, sweet ride none the less
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2009 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something like this? http://www.jegs.com/p/NOS/955188/10002/-1

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 02-18-2012).]

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2009 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the one I have http://www.jegs.com/i/NOS/741/15977/10002/-1 it's cheaper because it doesn't come with the handheld programmer, but a laptop works fine and you only have to program it once. Since you already know what your torque curve looks like you could set it at 0% at 3600 RPM and ramp up to 100% at 5200 with a 100 HP shot wet system. Heres a sniper system with a bottle that would match your car http://www.jegs.com/i/NOS/741/07006/10002/-1 Orange Bottle! Now you gotta do it.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2009 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I promised to Madcurl of my new chrome bolt upgrade.

Katman81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Katman81Send a Private Message to Katman81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW!!! I was sorta getting tired of my notchie untill I seen this thread. I have a new love for my car now. I will be making a close copy this summer I think. HUGE props for the custom work. Did you use a pink foam for the skirts for the mold?
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah Owens Corning insulation from Home Depot. But the resin will eat it so you need to cover it with bondo or plaster when making a plug.
Katman81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Katman81Send a Private Message to Katman81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So use the foam to make the form and cover it in bondo. Then cover with fiberglass and once fiberglass is set dig out the foam. Does that about cover the basic process?
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a couple of good "how to build a fiberglass mold" websites:

http://www.fiberlay.com/howto/issue1.htm

http://www.fibreglast.com/c...onstruction-170.html
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2009 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I should be making some for sell but it will not be in the near future.
I have to finish the side skirts - plugs, molds and parts.
When I get that done I will have to do my interior - Mr.Mikes Seats and Door panels.
When my car is complete I will have time to make more parts.
I will keep posting my progress.
I have a brother and a friend or two who may want to help, we'll see what happens.

still thinking of making some to sell.. I know its been a long time just asking.
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2009 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
?
PFF
System Bot
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2009 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do not have the time or money to do fiberglassing in my driveway this summer.
I have a 3.4 DOHC engine swap for my 87 Blue Coupe to do if I can find the time.
I have (for the Coupe).a pair of bumpers that I will prep someday along with a set of side skirts.
When they are ready for paint I will make molds or have some made by Precision Plastics.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2009 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Something like this? http://www.jegs.com/p/NOS/955188/10002/-1

Was this photo taken at Pacific speedway?

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 06-20-2009).]

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2009 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, Pacific Raceways, on the road going in for the Pacific NW Historics. http://www.northwesthistorics.com/ Coming up this year on July 4th.

Here's one of the Jet City Fieros on our way to do a couple of laps.

IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2009 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
aww man, well if you do get around to it.. please let me know i am very interested.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2009 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I promised to Madcurl of my new chrome bolt upgrade.

IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2009 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hows your blue 3.4 swap comming,
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for updates hows the car running made any changes?? and still, when ever you have those molds made let me know how much for the kit and ill start getting money together lol
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think this build is pretty much completed.
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm planning a custom dash. Need to save up for the gauges first.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock