Sport Fiero by fourpoint9
Started on: 09-07-2006 09:38 PM
Replies: 455 (65377 views)
Last post by: fourpoint9 on 03-08-2024 11:49 PM
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2006 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is coming along so I thought I'd start the thread.

I really like the Lotus Sport Elise.
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.
The Elise's Chrome Orange made me want a Orange Fiero. (I know this one's Yellow)
My Fiero will have the same dark silver stripes.

It's at the paint shop waiting for me to finish the bumpers and side skirts.

Here's the hood vents

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 09-07-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2006 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have the molds made for the front and rear bumpers

Here's pics for the front bumper's plug, made from the top of the fiero bumper and the bottom of a civic's. (somewhat FieRo style)

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2006 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fourpoint9

1058 posts
Member since Feb 2004
And here's the rear plug

FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2006 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great Work! I can't wait to see that finished up

------------------
I have a Fiero.. Weeeee

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2006 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And the Side Skirts plugs. Scoop panels and Rockers all one piece.
I still need to make the molds for these but the plugs are almost finished.

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2006 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nicely done. That's pretty cool.

Bob
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2006 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice job, looking forward to seeing it all "done up"
Douggg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2006 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DougggSend a Private Message to DougggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like that front piece.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2006 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some interesting and creative work, very nice, keep it up. I really like that hood vent.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2006 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW your car is going to look great! I love the hood vents, 2006 is proving to be a great year for fiero re-do's. I hope all the "New 2006 Fiero's " are ready for a show in 2007.
timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2006 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow fourpoint, you've got some great design skills (have seen a couple of your posts in other threads too). The car (looking at the side profile pic) looks really cool. Have you considered at least photoshopping a chop top in?

Now that you have (or are making) molds...I bet you could find some buyers for at least a couple of these items.
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2006 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timwdegner:
Wow fourpoint, you've got some great design skills (have seen a couple of your posts in other threads too). The car (looking at the side profile pic) looks really cool. Have you considered at least photoshopping a chop top in?
Now that you have (or are making) molds...I bet you could find some buyers for at least a couple of these items.

I'll agree with the creative skills, but here's where I have to say Whoa. (I bet you could find some buyers for at least a couple of these items.) Please be advised that we're talking about some of the cheapest people driving on this planet. I include myself in this description. If you decide to sell anything, get at least half your money up front before you build the molds. Praise is cheap, molds and parts require an investment.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

fullcircle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2006 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fullcircleSend a Private Message to fullcircleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that is one of the best noses i have seen, care to make another one.
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2006 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

I like your bumper, I had the same plan for a year now, but no motivation.
DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2006 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks awesome... great inspiration.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2006 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice work!
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2006 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the nice replies.
The hood vents are Aerogear Universal NSX scoops
http://www.aerogear.net/products/Universal-NSX-air-ducts.htm

I have to agree with blackrams it's a lot of work (and cost) making these parts.
I will have molds for each piece and may sell some when my car is complete.
But my focus needs to be on making the first of each so the paint shop can have them.

FieroWannaBe I really like the first nose pic, the one you use for your avatar, looks sweet

I really need to thank XzotikGT who helped me with the rear bumper plug.
opm2000 (Mr. Pantero) gave me some great pointers to make parts release from the molds this weekend.
and my friend Jason who you see in the side skirt photo and here in this one spraying Gelcoat

Here's a pic of my sail panels I got from Paul McKibben
http://www.fierosails.com/
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2006 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
these look great.i would definitely buy the front hood and both bumper covers.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2006 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is some awesome custom work you've done. I can't wait to see the finished product!

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2006 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Holy Crap !!!!!!!!!

4.9 that is freaking awesome !! Damnnnnnnn that is hot ! That front nose is exactly the type of thing the notchies have been needing to spice them up !

The rear, the side skirts, and the spoiler are all bad ass as well !! Fantastic job.

I know you will definatly sell the nose, and most of other parts as well.

Just a fantastic, impressive job. Congratulations.
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2006 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like the fact that you kept the trim on the front bumper. Just adds that extra kick to it. Btw, Love the pink foam.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

One of the nicest notchies on the forum!! Love the hood vents too!!

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Korupt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KoruptSend a Private Message to KoruptEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Holy Crap !!!!!!!!!

4.9 that is freaking awesome !! Damnnnnnnn that is hot ! That front nose is exactly the type of thing the notchies have been needing to spice them up !

The rear, the side skirts, and the spoiler are all bad ass as well !! Fantastic job.

I know you will definatly sell the nose, and most of other parts as well.

Just a fantastic, impressive job. Congratulations.

the spoiler is just the high rise spoiler of an early 90's camaro like 90-92
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
4.9 -

If you were wondering if the rear facia would fit on a GT - there's one here in Graham to try out on!

Looks good as well. When your ready for the possible sale of copies of 'er, please let me know. Shipping would'nt be too difficult.

--Allen

------------------

** Rice; it's what's COOKIN **
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mcaanda:

4.9 -

If you were wondering if the rear facia would fit on a GT - there's one here in Graham to try out on!

Looks good as well. When your ready for the possible sale of copies of 'er, please let me know. Shipping would'nt be too difficult.

--Allen

I'm 1 hour North of you near Burien WA

Did the Polish, Buff, Wax, Spray Mold Release and Gel Coat and first layer of fiber glass in the bumper molds. Should have parts to give the body shop by Friday.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fourpoint9,

How much ($) would you estimate it cost you in materials to produce these parts ?

If i may ask that is.
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony,
Too Hard to answer. If you mean the entire costs for the plugs, molds and all the tools and all the supplies, I've spent alot.
If it's just the parts, well, I will need to see how much resin and fiberglass I use.

If you already have a mold, the Supplies needed just to make a part are:
~Resin - is around $110 a 5 gal bucket,
~MEKP Catalyst,
~Fiberglass - Chopped Strand Mat and Woven Fabric - I bought a whole roll of fiberglass mat. which was a fraction of the price then if I bought it by the foot off the store's roll,
~Mold Release Wax,
~PVA mold release, and
~Gel Coat

Check out these websites, I even found one in your area:

http://www.fiberglassflorida.com/

http://www.fiberlay.com/
http://www.fibreglast.com/

I buy my product from fiberlay, because it is in my area, but I like the fibreglast website for how to instructions.
Read Mold Construction
http://www.fibreglast.com/contentpages-Mold+Construction-170.html
and Molding Fiberglass
http://www.fibreglast.com/contentpages-Molding%20Fiberglass-171.html
Once the molds are made the cost of making more parts will not be that bad,- it will take a few days to make each part.
This is my first time making anything out of fiberglass, there are others on this forum that have a lot more experience.
Hope this helps,
-Steve

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 09-12-2006).]

XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha ha, Im laughing @ you becasue I just remembered the good time you had with the gel coat/primer. Cant add that into the cost. J/K. But, I hope you havent destroyed the plugs you made the molds off of yet. I think there is a stage 2 that can be grafted to them.
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't do any finger painting with the primer and gel coat, but it has been a learning process.
You're going to have to come over and put on the blue gloves and spread some resin.

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 09-12-2006).]

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2006 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm really looking foward to see how your bumpers turn out. You're doing EXACTLY what I wanted to do with my fastback.

[This message has been edited by FieroWannaBe (edited 09-13-2006).]

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2006 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I'll post pics the moment I pop them out of the molds. Did the second and third layers tonight. Yes!
PFF
System Bot
XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2006 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
slowpoke
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for more pics....
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics as promised. Fresh out of the molds with the mold release still on 'em.

I've got PARTS !!!

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
let me be the first to say those look sweet

------------------

larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much?

------------------
Lee
Suncoast Fieros

'88 Formula
'86 Sports Coupe
'03 Mustang

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might want a set, I'll have to see them installed and painted first. If its possible for you to make me a set at all pm me please
under8ted

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
User Banned

Report this Post09-15-2006 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for under8tedSend a Private Message to under8tedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have an Elise ?????????

I hate you.
AgentD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AgentDSend a Private Message to AgentDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey whats the suspension look like?
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the bumpers, looks just like what I wanted to do. You can deffanantly write me down for one, for sure if, you arent going to sell, I would love some help.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock