Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  How it happened: The FieroGTRwideboby Build-Up (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
How it happened: The FieroGTRwideboby Build-Up by FieroGTRwideboby
Started on: 03-26-2006 04:28 PM
Replies: 383 (58286 views)
Last post by: FieroGTRwideboby on 06-01-2018 08:56 PM
FieroGTRwideboby

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This topic will cover the whole build up of the car and all the events leading up to the Daytona 2006 Show. I must say I am happy with the outcome of the show, and one not to be a sore loser, I looked and saw the minute mistakes to correct for next years show (??? ) First Place Custom Fiero was a great award and I am glad the work my father and I put forth was recognized by the judges. I will list all the fiero vendors we used to get this car done, although most of the parts were hand-made, without these guys it would have made it alot harder. I want to thank everyone for the positive feedback and am looking forward to opeing the pages to this chapter of our lives, headaches and sucesses to the Fiero community.
If there are any questions please ask and all will be answered.

------------------
There's two types of cars in the world, Fieros and everything else.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTRwideboby:

If there are any questions please ask and all will be answered.

Okay, let me begin, hehe. Nice car btw.

1. Carbon Fiber headliner?
2. Interior vents?
3. Rear wing....Carbon fiber or coated?

------------------
Archie's Choptop conversion #11, #15, Redux & # 20

FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes carbon Fiber Headliner, good product offered by Kingdom Kustoms along with the 3rd break light trim and lighter trim,
interior vents from Ford F-150, employee price ( I work at a dealership),
wing coated with the paint used on the ford Mustang Mach 1, that semi black.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Alex, while we are waiting for the build pics why don't you tell everyone a little bit about yourself,
age, etc, how you got into fieros, your goals, and some of your inspirations for the project ?

FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car started out as a stock 87 GT all power etc. Ran great and originally owned by a local Pontiac Dealership owner, Mr. Marlow. My fiero experience began when we decided to make a Lamborghini Replica, this being the only car we could find in the area we bought t even though it was not for sale. after own for about 2 months and driving it we decided it was too nice for cutting up and making a fake Lamboghini.
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroGTRwideboby

591 posts
Member since Jun 2004
Well my name is Alexandar Bojidarov Alexiev and currecntly living in Florida. I am 19 now and have been living in the USA for 9 years. I moved from Bulgaria, lived in the capital, Sofia. I got really interested in fieros when my love for lamborghinis subsided due to the high costs. Hasn't everyones? I would love to own one but whose got the money, right? Anyway, I wanted a mid engine, 2 seater, with a degree of exclusivity, and there the fiero was the perfect car not only to own but the great donor for a lamborghini. Well I got over that too and after talking with many people and one of the most valuable resources became a family friend Fransisco Vilalba, a Equadorian native who told me, anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it never is the real car, make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has. As you can see thats how the games began. This is my last year of High school, soon after I will move to Ft. Lauderdale and begin my Transportation Design Degree. After graduating there I will have to move to Pasadena and attend Art Center College of Design where I will get my masters degree in TD. I want to move back to Europe and work for one of the European car companies, but who knows maybe one of the US companies will change my mind. Way to early to tell.
I hope that this will start a whole new chapter and business in mine and my dads life. He has a Cabinet shop here locally. We have never built any cars before this and we learned as we went for the past 1.5 years we learned so much, fiberglass, metal work, tons of engine, suspension etc and we continue to learn. We are happy with the outcome and glad people like it. He hopes this will be the start to a business change for him and my family. While wotkin on the car we did some bodywork for local individuals who heard about the car. It was a great sight, 3 cars infront of a cabinet shop getting body work done and then going to shows. We did from small repairs to major surgery. It was fun.! Witht the great experience we learned now anything is possible and anybodies ideas can be a reality. We learned that anything is possible..!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
edited version. hehe

1. I am 19

2. a family friend Fransisco Vilalba, a Equadorian native who told me, anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it never is the real car, make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has.

3. This is my last year of High school,

4. We learned that anything is possible..!

The best four lines I've read in a long time and from a guy who's 19. Keep up the good work. No doubt your second project Fiero would be out of this world!

FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are some of the car before the major surgery.

http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=87gt23pb.png

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This should be a good read! Great car by the way, both you and you dad should be proud. Thanks for taking the time to make this thread it will be enjoyed by many I am sure. A + for you!

Nolan

FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now for the body plug stage: We put the car in the back of my dads shop and it all started there.
What we did was make a plug, or a skeleton, which would serve as the foundation for laying the fiberglass over to make the molds. We used wood which my dad had plenty of, owning a cabinet shop, to make the ribs, cut to the outer shape of the car:
http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture4103hf.jpg
This process was mostly used on the rockers, rear quarters and doors.
The wood ribs were filled in with Home Depot wall insulating styrofoam, the large 4x8 sheets, that cost $6. The total styrofoam for the whole car was about 2 sheets, thats right $12.
carolinajoe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carolinajoeClick Here to visit carolinajoe's HomePageSend a Private Message to carolinajoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome and Beautiful Car, Great work you and your dad did.

Can you tell me where and what did the Gas Cap/ Cover come off of.
I have been looking for a long time.

I look forward to reading the build-up on your car.

PFF
System Bot
HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bam...saved as homepage, hehe
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great work on the car. Seeing your car answered a lot of questions that I had about mods to my own car. Keep up the good work, by the time your 29 you should have your own car line. If you make a kit for sale from your car, you just sold one.
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
carolinajoe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carolinajoeClick Here to visit carolinajoe's HomePageSend a Private Message to carolinajoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh I missed this too.
More interior pictures, I only got a glimpse of 2

So need more especially Door Panels. They look real Sweet

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do we have any "PIP" experts here ?

I tried to help Alex set pip up, his set up doesn't seem to be working right. It's been so long since I download it. Don't remember how.

Any help would be great.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 03-26-2006).]

865spd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 865spdClick Here to visit 865spd's HomePageSend a Private Message to 865spdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like i said in the other thread. That is the new best looking Fiero i have ever seen. You've done a great job. And i second what troyboy said, if you ever make a kit from your car for sale thats the one i would buy over any other. Keep them pictures coming.

------------------

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for the door panels, rear clip and front fenders, lol... No, but seriously, if you ever put those molds to use, let me know...
NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alex, you and your dad did an amazing job.
I was the one speaking with you about your engine specifically.
Amazing man.
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks I'm glad people liked it. I still have some plans for it and maybe then, next year she will get the Best of Show unless someone surprises me..
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroGTRwideboby

591 posts
Member since Jun 2004
Okay now that we got rolling some pictures of the plug after styrofoam. The next layer over was drywall mud. Another of the Home Depot Specials. I think we went through 2 buckets for the whole plug build. here are some of he ribs filled with styrofoam and them 1st layer of MUD!!.::

Edited to fix links to pics....

[This message has been edited by FieroGTRwideboby (edited 08-01-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What some of you may notice is that fact that the fenders are different in these original pics. What happened was when it was originally designed I did not think about the whole lamdo door option. Them I changed my mind, and another thing that change was the level of the splitter, on the doors, of the scoops.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(Posting for Alex)

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CoolBlue87GT

8399 posts
Member since Apr 2001
(edit)

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 03-26-2006).]

FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dave i did some searching and found that photobucket actually has a feature that will automatically post it as an image. Thanks again and if I need more help I know you know how things work.

------------------
There's two types of cars in the world, Fieros and everything else.

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Dave i did some searching and found that photobucket actually has a feature that will automatically post it as an image. Thanks again and if I need more help I know you know how things work.

HI all,

Great car, and I hope to see more progress pics too!! On that subject, since my pip quit working on me, I now use http://www.myfiero.com/index.php , so if the pics you are posting are on your puter, you can upload images straight to your message your typing from there... It uses a copy and paste method, and is real simple to follow.. Only bad thing is having to run through the process over and over again for multiple images.....

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes beautiful work.. where did u score the gas cap cover for your car???? a+ from me ...tim..
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YOU HAVE MY COMPLETE AND UNDIVIDED ATTENTION!
wow, simply wow. Awsome job keeping it under cover.
Brad
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures don't do this car justice...It was absolutely beautiful. The bar has been raised again.

Alex, It was a pleasure to meet you and talk to you about your car. I know you must have been tired of answering the same questions about 100 times. It's great to see a young man with such talent and interest in cars.

The future is bright for you, maybe a Plazma replica for your next project??

Curley hurry up with that widebody of yours

------------------

88 GT T-Top, 88 Fastback Chop-top (Archie #14), 1984 Indy, and 88 Chop Top T-top
Firebird Interior Installation Website

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's some of the finished photo's

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 03-27-2006).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:
Do we have any "PIP" experts here ?
I tried to help Alex set pip up, his set up doesn't seem to be working right. It's been so long since I download it. Don't remember how.
Any help would be great.

Its probably his firewall. If it times out that is probably the problem. He will need to add PIP to the exception list.

PFF
System Bot
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MORE...MORE...MORE of the GTR.

Looks pretty cool. I can see where cabinetry skills came in handy. Looks like a great build, Alex. +

Bob

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow... what blast from the past!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20041015-1-042337.html

I too am watching this thread closely!

GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Amazing! Big + from me!

Where are those seats from? And is that Archie's dash?

FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The seats are from www.x3racing.com
some of their seats are close to the same size as stock.
They fit well and I love the harness wholes for the 3-4-5 harnesses.
ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
really..i would love to see u put all ur pics in a folder or somewhere so we can see them all complete
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alex,
WOW holy crap dude! You and you dad must have had some hair pullin' tool throwing times with that project!!! lol
Do you have some "hours of work done" ??

So NOW that the car is done...Yeah I know they are never "done"
Have you gotten a girlfriend yet? haha
I know all the work I have done has cost me losing somewhere around 5 girlfriends in the build up period!

I never saw the engine? pics??
Plans for that?................ Just MY thoughts....... dude, 3800SC. I tell ya , it will REALLY make you SMILE ( and get a few GF as well )

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. 12" Vette Rotors,Custom stuff done

FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I will do that along with the build thread, the majority of the pictures will probably put in a album type of page so they can all be in one place as well as in this topic.

Hello Revin, I am glad its almost done. There are litle things that will be done to it for next year but i don;t know if I want to disclose that yet. Anyway we have the engine department covered already. Every add on goody is there and she will scream when we get to break her it, afterall she only has about 2-5 miles on her.
Engine::

HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump... can you get better pics of the interor for me? iam not really interested in the exterior but iam droolin over the inside and i dont think i can waite till you get past the body work. lol
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh cool a fellow SC'er
Yep looks like a fast eng.
2-5 miles!?!? get on it and get some bugs on your paint !! put some miles on it and fly!
Careful though, I have started getting some stress cracks, Dam tork
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock