Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  How it happened: The FieroGTRwideboby Build-Up (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
How it happened: The FieroGTRwideboby Build-Up by FieroGTRwideboby
Started on: 03-26-2006 04:28 PM
Replies: 383 (58286 views)
Last post by: FieroGTRwideboby on 06-01-2018 08:56 PM
tigershark

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tigersharkSend a Private Message to tigersharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
IP: Logged
FieroGTRwideboby

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

I have been out here in CA for a while and it seems like my family will relocate here. This is leaving me with a though choice. What to do with the widebody? I cant bring it out here, cant afford to store it here, and dont have a place to in Florida. Though decisions coming up.

I am testign out the waters for its possible sale. Knowing how much we spent on this car, and how much is unaccounted for, this will result in a big loss. I dont even know where to begin, or what to ask for....

Will post in the FS section, just a matter of time.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Alex,

Check your PM.
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alex, you could get an address box at the ups Store and use that to register the car in FL keep those tags current that way. if you are a full time student you can use that if you get pulled over.
tgk7203

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tgk7203Send a Private Message to tgk7203Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow just found this thread. My dad runs Benedettos in Punta Gorda Wish I could have ssen it while it was there If you grand parents still live in florida you can use there adresse to keep your plates. Dont sell you wil never forgive yourself. Good luck I hope you go to work for GM they need a guy that thinks out of the box like you.
nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey , Surprised I didnt see you at our annual Fiero's of San Diego BBQ, were you back home??? Im usually up in Orange County about every 3 weeks, we should meet up. As far as the car, definitely should find a way to hold onto it. Im sure there would be a place out here through a local member who has extra space, Put something up in the General Chat and see what responses you get. Remember there is always a good solution out there!
BabyVet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am all for the Sedan,wagon,micro car
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2010 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone,

Sorry for going off topic but I need serious help. Might be moving to Minnesota for Polaris internship. Is is safe to drive the 88GT around in the winter there? Also I need a room from Jan to April for rent. Anyone know anyone to point me in the right direction? Its located in Medina...

Thanks so much

-Alex
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2010 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've done it but would not recommend it. The fiero does well with good tires but there seems to be no warning before it spins out.
Fiero1K

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2010 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I drive an 88 coupe with snow tires. It likes it. I have yet to spin. I do drift...a....little....
SlowGuitarMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2010 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlowGuitarManSend a Private Message to SlowGuitarManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My winter car is an '86 GT with studded snow tires. The only time I had trouble was when I was going up a steep hill, and an SUV that had been stuck pulled out in front of me. I still made it up the hill without too much hassle though.
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
sporlan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sporlanSend a Private Message to sporlanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who's interior is in the orange car?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sporlan:

Who's interior is in the orange car?

it is a modified v-8 archie dash.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-09-2011).]

FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all,

So I have been super busy with school and have really begun to move on... The widebody is just becoming a PITA to store, maintain and I am considering getting rid of it. Although it pains me to think about that, I am not sure if I will be in the country past next winter. With student loans stacking up, I need to move some priorities. Most of you know the car. Its very well documented and worth every penny that was invested into it. I am beginning to look at ways to sell it. I would be glad to sell it as is in all its glory or part it our (although I am reluctant to). Where should I try to sell it. Ebay, craigslist,? anyone? If a forum member was to get it, it would make me soooo happy.

Thanks guys,
-Alex

[This message has been edited by FieroGTRwideboby (edited 11-22-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If some of you are interested in whats been keeping me busy check out my blog. I have had a design intern position with Polaris, and currently in Volvo. My biggest fortune was to have a BMW design project picked and build as a full scale concept, and my Cavalli Colt was picked for a limited production run of 200 cars. Hope you guys enjoy:

http://alexalexievdesigns.blogspot.com/

-Alex
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTRwideboby:

If some of you are interested in whats been keeping me busy check out my blog. I have had a design intern position with Polaris, and currently in Volvo. My biggest fortune was to have a BMW design project picked and build as a full scale concept, and my Cavalli Colt was picked for a limited production run of 200 cars. Hope you guys enjoy:

http://alexalexievdesigns.blogspot.com/

-Alex

Thats impressive, I like your work!
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where should I try to sell it. Ebay, craigslist,? anyone? If a forum member was to get it, it would make me soooo happy.

I would do them all. You can do local eBay classifieds and there is NO fee. I ended up selling my solstice through an unrealated car forum. I probably had it on 5 different car/motorcycle forums, in addition to CL, and eBay. You never know who's eye it will catch.

------------------

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow !!!
I really liked your work,
your art work is excellent.
I really like the millitary Jeep
My favorite is the airplane teamed car with the 01 on the side of it.
I wish I knew how to use photoshop,
so that I could do a fiero like that to see what it would look like.
Keep up the good work
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2011 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work....good luck in your career.
PFF
System Bot
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, have it listed...
taps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2012 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tapsSend a Private Message to tapsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow im sorry to hear about the car, but you are a very talented designer and your thread has been very inspiring to many people, especially young enthusiasts hopefully everything works out with your car

Taps
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spent a few days making some trim and other parts, some of which are inspired by what I have seen here, and some not. Been wanting to add some character to my daily 88GT.

First thing I did was get these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150...id=p3984.m1439.l2649

20 is enough to do: front compartment, dome light, foot wells, aux gauges, and main cluster. There is a shorter set on ebay good for the license plate bulbs.
Best upgrade I have even done, I can actually see now, and its modern blue-ish not yellowing oem bulbs.

Upgraded to these H4 60/55 non-seal beam lights with glass lenses. Fair price and better visibility.

One thing that has been bugging me a lot since I removed my visors is the whole I had left. Decided to make some nice caps. Made a wood tool, and vac formed some nice caps. Made a set in white abs which I later painted grey and I tried vac forming thin brushed aluminum, which worked surprisingly well.

Brush allum. pair. Decided not to use these.

Prior to paint

Installed

Next I did something I did on the widebody... Front bumper chin protector. Easy to make and worked well on the widebody and the stock
88GT. Made from weatherstripping.

Cut and keep shorter side.

Installed with 3M Automotive Doube Side... strong stuff.

Also wrapped the trunk area with vinyl wrap and the rockers in carbon. So easy to work with it. Hope I get to do a car someday.

The biggest of the mini projects was laser cutting a trim kit for the interior. Did the gauges, vents, center console, door pull trim, and lock/unlock buttoms. Love this stuff!! I made a file ready and just cut it. This allum sheet is pretty nice to work with.

Raster the Fiero GT logo.

Cutting

Some of the parts cut

Installed

I cant wait for all the stuff from Russ tho, he's making me a set of seat covers (I'm sure you all noticed how bad mine are), shift boot, brake boot, and floor mats. I think all those will finish off the interior nice. Thanks for looking!!

If anyone is interested in any of the peices I have made, let me know. I might be able to run off a few sets of alum trim, or carbon if anyone wants etc.

-Alex

FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed WCF coil over kit, Fieroguru 13" brake kit and new wheels and tires. What a productive car week. Thanks to Steven Snyder for all the help

No fitment problems with the 88gt. 18x7.5 x 38mm offset, and 18x8.75 x 35 mm rear 225/40/18 and 265/35/18.

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2012 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your GT called me. Said it wanted some new (Mr. Mike's) seat covers.

Seriously though, that car looks great. So tastefully done, when does it get new seats?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

While different from your widebody, Alex you are slowly building another eye popper with your daily driver !

Keep'er going !
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Tony.

I received some more goodies from Russ. Had him do a set of covers, black, gray with red trim; floor mats, and a shirt and e brake boot.

Seats

New floor mats

New boots

As soon as they came in, they got installed. Pics...

Shift knob was done by Matt, here on the forum.

Seats installed

The embroidery is very nice also.

Great products and worth every penny.!!!

-Alex
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2012 05:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice, didn't know you're hanging out in Pasadena. Tell Stephen Snyder Hi from Max. You're in great hands with his help.
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all,

This Sunday I took the Fiero to the Art Center Car Classic. It was a concourse style event with many kinds of cars, race-cars, bikes etc. They needed a Fiero on display because they were exhibiting Ron Hill's work, along with much more. I was asked to bring my car although it wasn't completely stock, they were glad to have it as its in pretty good condition. Ron was head of the advanced studio where the fiero was designed. He had some cool original sketches from the late 70's which he did on the design process of the car. I will post those as time permits. Here are some photos.

In front of Art Center.

GT getting some love.

Hash marks lol

Ron Hill doing a Q&A with Leno, who came out with his Ecojet.

-Alex

PFF
System Bot
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2012 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Alex,

I am going up to Orange County next Friday-Sunday (I will be staying one block from "Mile Square Park" in Fountain Valley; it would be cool to hook up and get to meet.

Gregorio
Fieros of San Diego
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2012 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gregorio,

Let me know when you get here to OC. Are you going to have your fiero?

-Alex
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2012 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Alex,

I may drive it up, not sure yet, just wrapping up on installing the Truleo intake, need to hard wire the new flushmount HID's. and have my front bumper off over at my shop as well. I may be able to push to get it temporarily together , before we re-style the body again so we'll see.
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Alex,

I was hoping to connect with you ,but ended up with a full weekend. Ill be back up soon, but also wanted to invite you down to SD and. Meet some members down here. We either get together for meetings, or are at a members house wrenching.

FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://losangeles.craigslis.../cto/3591692002.html

Listing

Change the $20 to 20k.
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oops typo..
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Alex,

whats been going on up there lately? Its been hectic here in SD, but end of Feb, Im gonna free up to focus more on the fabricating Ive been doing with some Cadillac LEDs, and new back end (for the 3rd time) lol
anyways let me know when you want to come down and chill with Fieros of San Diego.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FieroGTRwideboby

PM sent.

OPIES FIERO GTX BUILD
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave