Started on: 10-05-2011 06:57 AM
Replies: 282 (15558 views)
Last post by: yellowstone on 01-23-2014 08:55 PM
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2012 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back to my favorite place for a picture (bridge to Palm Island in Miami Beach):

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 04-05-2012).]

IP: Logged
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am honored that I got to be a part of this cars history, it has always been one of my all time favorites. I wanted to add to it in a way that would keep it clean and I think that is what we did, I hope everyone likes it I know it turns heads on the road

enjoy, D.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

I am honored that I got to be a part of this cars history, it has always been one of my all time favorites. I wanted to add to it in a way that would keep it clean and I think that is what we did, I hope everyone likes it I know it turns heads on the road

enjoy, D.

Oh, I'll be back! Remember the Roadster idea?

And I was actually looking at electric conversions the other day. I think that will be my road ahead instead of a 3800 - in about 5 years!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

This is the photoshop I did years ago on how the Whodeanie rockers would look on my Fiero. How does reality compare?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The reality looks much better.

Just having the lower vent pushed back ever so slightly makes such a big difference.

A great addition to your jawdropping ride.
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does that mean that one should use the additive or should not?

If you visit Germany you should know about this product, it is what your flat tapped needs
http://www.oil-endurance-pr...h-mileage-motor-oil/

I use this brand in my own track prepped 2.8 and it is the only oil I use in my shop.
http://www.oil-endurance-pr...icion/pontiac-fiero/

Your car looks awesome!!
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

La fiera

2195 posts
Member since Jun 2008

[This message has been edited by La fiera (edited 04-08-2012).]

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the car looks really nice

are you planning on leaving the ride hight like it is ?
or are you planning on raising the car ?

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally updated my Cardomain page...
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

the car looks really nice

or are you planning on raising the car ?

Thank you and yes.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 04-09-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2012 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yellowstone check your PM.
PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2012 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little update, made new logo wheel center caps...

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little photoshoot yesterday for the Fiero Store calendar...

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great! Can't wait to visit Miami in November
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that's low!
Can it even get over a speed bump?
The engine looks great! Love the look of the intake.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2012 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Wow, that's low!
Can it even get over a speed bump?
The engine looks great! Love the look of the intake.

Hey, my old nemesis from T/OT

I will get the front raised sometime soon, maybe the back, too. It is too low...

I also have to find the time to finally get the ECM tuned. Darthfiero is waiting for my engine data :sleep:
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2012 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It probably is a pain to drive that low,but damn it looks good slammed like that !!
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2012 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's definitely low, but I think those rockers are taller than stock. Probably not helping the situation!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last night there was an Mercedes-Benz SLK roadster parked right across from the Fiero in the garage. It's the exact same color (Mercedes-Benz Designo "Yellowstone"), I just had to take a pic...

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 08-08-2012).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks real good.
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks nice..
PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New pix always bring out my creative side - here's a quick new morph of the changes my Fiero went through 1994-2012:

EDIT: posted new version below.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 08-11-2012).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2012 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Better version of the morph video...

Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2012 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A little update, made new logo wheel center caps...

The center caps look great! I'd love a set for my Mera. Are you planning on selling some?
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2012 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

The center caps look great! I'd love a set for my Mera. Are you planning on selling some?

These are 2" stainless steel emblems that silver 85 sc makes (see mall). I glued them on replacement center caps that I sprayed silver...
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2012 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Last night there was an Mercedes-Benz SLK roadster parked right across from the Fiero in the garage. It's the exact same color (Mercedes-Benz Designo "Yellowstone"), I just had to take a pic...

As much as I like Mercs, it looks better on the Fiero.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

These are 2" stainless steel emblems that silver 85 sc makes (see mall). I glued them on replacement center caps that I sprayed silver...

Very nice! Thanks for the info on the emblems.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A little photoshoot yesterday for the Fiero Store calendar...

Beautiful pics and angle of the car. This is how you take pictures. Kinda reminds me of Miami Vice in way with the building as a back drop and the City of Miami. Good work.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-15-2012).]

j bf1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2012 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Who manufactures the side skirts?

------------------
~John

'88 GT 5spd White/Beechwood

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2012 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There is no mold but Whodeanie has done them on a case by case basis.

He retrofits the side skirts from a 355 replica to fit the fiero.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An update to an old thread...

I finally found a shop that would agree to lift my suspension an inch or so. Three shops turned me down as they didn't want to touch a custom setup.

First thing that they found is that the car had different ride heights on all four corners, between 23 and 25 inches at the top of the wheel well.

Next, one of the screws that holds the sleeve on the coilover in place was missing:

Next, the end link of the rear sway bar was broken off (but that may have nothing to do with Dean's work).

Next, the engine is leaking oil (onto the exhaust pipe no less) from the top end. After reading so much about Dean's workmanship here, I assume that he didn't get new gaskets or just used silicone when slapping my engine back together.

Spent almost $300 yesterday and more to come. Thank you, Dean!

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 03-01-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if you can jack your car up , you can change the ride height yourself.changing the ride height on the front of an 84-87 does not affect your alignment .dean should have given you the wrench that came with your coil overs . raising the rear coil overs will make a slight change in camber and toe but i have found if it is set to factory spec to begin with, raising or lowering 2 inches or so will not put it out of the factory allowed range .the locking screws are not needed .i don't use them as i don't like the way they mark the threads .once the weight is on them ,they don't move .if you are using the small body carrera shocks on the front with the 8" springs , chances are the springs are too light to prevent bottoming out .in an 8" spring , you need a 400 LB spring .i replaced my 8 " spring with a 10" by 300 LB spring that worked fairly well but tended to sag about 1/2" over the summer .it did allow for a fairly low ride height that did not bottom out .you can have those springs for free if you want to try them out .i use the better QA-1 shocks now that utilize a 2.5" ID spring . your car looks amazing , still one of my all time favourites .
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry bro, looks like you lucked out with your timing on everything. If yours had been one of the last cars, it would have been much worse.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

if you can jack your car up , you can change the ride height yourself.changing the ride height on the front of an 84-87 does not affect your alignment .dean should have given you the wrench that came with your coil overs .

No, I can't, I live in a condo building on the 19th floor (and the car is on the 5th floor). Great views over Biscayne Bay and Miami Beach but nowhere to jack a car up...

Ride height is much better now and it still looks good. Also not hitting the bump stops anymore on rough roads (read: pretty much all of them around here). Next week I'll have them replace the sway bar link and then I have to go somewhere else to fix the oil leak. BTW, the custom shop I went to seemed like a good place: http://www.transformersauto.com/

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 03-01-2013).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by mptighe:

Sorry bro, looks like you lucked out with your timing on everything. If yours had been one of the last cars, it would have been much worse.

True, it could have been worse...
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It seems just about everybody (myself included) likes the look of that dual throttle body intake manifold.

Out of curiosity though, how has that dual throttle body intake set-up been running for you before versus after installation of the custom chip Darth Fiero (Ryan) was creating for your 2.8L engine?

I ask because the last I read, TLG learned that with their dual throttle body intake manifold, which they'd dynoed, their 3.4L test engine ran into an "an extremely rich condition at 4,200 RPM every time" ( //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/086463-2.html ). Three months later, there was an ackowledgment by TLG only that the aforementioned "extremely rich condition" still hadn't been sorted out with their dual throttle body intake set-up on their 3.4L test engine ( //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/086463-4.html ).

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

It seems just about everybody (myself included) likes the look of that dual throttle body intake manifold.

Out of curiosity though, how has that dual throttle body intake set-up been running for you before versus after installation of the custom chip Darth Fiero (Ryan) was creating for your 2.8L engine?

I ask because the last I read, TLG learned that with their dual throttle body intake manifold, which they'd dynoed, their 3.4L test engine ran into an "an extremely rich condition at 4,200 RPM every time" ( //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/086463-2.html ). Three months later, there was an ackowledgment by TLG only that the aforementioned "extremely rich condition" still hadn't been sorted out with their dual throttle body intake set-up on their 3.4L test engine ( //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/086463-4.html ).

Can't tell you before and after the custom chip because I never drove it before the chip was installed. I never got around to having Darth do more than the initial tune because I could never get the software to read my engine data right. And since Dean set my car way too low and I was scraping my rockers all the time (and cracked both of them) I didn't really use it much. Now that I found someone to raise the suspension I may give it another go.

In any case, I'm VERY happy about how the engine feels now. It's very responsive and pulls very strongly up to high revs.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 03-05-2013).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Next, the engine is leaking oil (onto the exhaust pipe no less) from the top end. After reading so much about Dean's workmanship here, I assume that he didn't get new gaskets or just used silicone when slapping my engine back together.

I take back what I wrote - the oil leak is coming from the oil pressure sensor.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Spent almost $300 yesterday and more to come. Thank you, Dean!

$300 to adjust some coil overs?? Ouch! Did you also used a Miami Beach mechanic? Gotta go west of I95 next time man.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

$300 to adjust some coil overs?? Ouch! Did you also used a Miami Beach mechanic? Gotta go west of I95 next time man.

No, Miami Lakes. They also did an alignment and fixed some smaller issues. http://www.transformersauto.com/

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 03-06-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock