Started on: 10-05-2011 06:57 AM
Replies: 282 (15631 views)
Last post by: yellowstone on 01-23-2014 08:55 PM
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Kai, greetings from Duesseldorf!
IP: Logged
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, work has started we have installed the TLG led kits as well as started the tear down of the top end of the engine to install the new lifters, rockers and the new intake so it should be done soon. I am waiting for the car on the lift to be finished so we can to the rest. that will happen after the 8th. we are almost done with the goodie that will be going on the car
I will be posting pictures of the build this next week we have been going full tilt here to get things done and I have not had much time to post like I need to but I will get them up asap.
D.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YEE-HA! Awesome news!

As soon as I'm back stateside I will send the Hella stuff to you. Looking forward to the pix!
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HEHE that must have been Yellowstones fiero with those LED side markers looking nice near the lift.
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tweeter

253 posts
Member since Nov 2011
Yellowstone do you visit Germany alot and if you do are you near Kaiserslautern ?
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2012 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm excited to see updates!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2012 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tweeter:

Yellowstone do you visit Germany alot and if you do are you near Kaiserslautern ?

Yes, I'm there several times each year (that's where I'm from) but I'm usually in Duesseldorf, sometimes in Frankfurt and Munich. Never been to Kaiserslautern...
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2012 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003
You're not the only one! :-)

Originally posted by Oslo:

I'm excited to see updates!

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2012 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh please tell me you are going to get this dyno'd! I wanna see numbers...
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2012 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
after we get threw this weekend build your car is the next one on the lift so we should have all the parts installed next week
D.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2012 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent, Dean, I will try to ship the Hella lights to you today.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2012 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so all of the LED's have been installed on the inside of the car as well as the new markers. now on to the suspension

we started on the rear the other day adding the new arms, coilovers and brakes

before...

in progress .......

and Done ...............

now to finish up the other side and move to the front coilovers
D.

more to come soon
D.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2012 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AWESOME! Looks great! I'm missing my Fiero a lot right now! It's a perfect Sunday for driving here in Miami today!

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com

Currently being upgraded at Whodeanie Customs with many TLG Automotive parts

Pictures: www.yellowfiero.com/fieropixnew/index.php
Modifications: www.yellowfiero.com/mods/index.php

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2012 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are we going to see this at Daytona in March?
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2012 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess. I was actually going to ask Dean if he could finish my car by Feb. 15 because I have to go to Orlando anyways. Then I'd drive up to Daytona from Miami. Otherwise I may come to Daytona straight from his shop...
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2012 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will do my best to get it done soon, call me today when you can.
D.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Progress!

New lifters and 1.6 roller rockers installed:

TLG dual intake going in:

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2012 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Hella lighting onslaught is beginning at Whodeanie Customs:

The red/amber ribbed taillight inserts and the silver plastic enclosures around the Hella lights will be painted black.

And the reverse lights will receive TLG's HID kit.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 01-19-2012).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2012 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

The Hella lighting onslaught is beginning at Whodeanie Customs:

The red/amber ribbed taillight inserts and the silver plastic enclosures around the Hella lights will be painted black.

And the reverse lights with receive TLG's HID kit.

THIS!!

This is what it is SUPPOSED to look like!
I am having extreme feelings of jealousy!

(Once all the taillight work is done, I sure would appreciate modification details, "how to".... )

It's all looking magnificent Kolja
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now painted black. Doesn't this look completely and utterly awesome?

Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good sir.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, many people have asked how to do the tail lights. it is not that hard to do it just takes time a hole saw and a little luck.
first take the tail light apart and remove the red and amber section, measure it out for the lights, get a hole saw that is the right size or a hair under and drill the hole. this is the kicker! you have to use a very fine hole saw bit or run it backwards other wise it will brake the cover. once that is done clean up the hole and sand to fit. after that paint the lens black with krylon fussion semi gloss black let dry and install lights.
they will have to be glued in because no other way to mount them. I used hot glue to hold them in place then sealed them with black RTV.
you will have to trim patr of the back cover to clear the lights to reinstall it as well, and done

here are some other pics of them.

now on to other things.

we installed the coliover front on the car as well as the rest of the TLG intake.
here are some shots of that as well.

we also installed new lifters and roller rockers.

way more to come.....

HID back up lights, HID head lights, Angle eye running lights, LED cab, brake and marker lights. as well as a few other goodies we will shaer later

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 01-20-2012).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I'm in love! :-)
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice. I am very interested in how this intake performs.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Best tail light mod ever.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had the idea for years and I saw it first put into practice by Infinitewill.

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Best tail light mod ever.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 01-21-2012).]

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's quite ingenious, I really like it.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this that same 2.8 that had that ticking noise? Did you ever find out what it was?

lildevil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tailight mod sooooooooooo simple...wonder why it took so long! LOOKS AWESOME ! How much are the Hella units?
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bad lifter... replaced them all and threw 1.6 roller rockers in for good measure.

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Is this that same 2.8 that had that ticking noise? Did you ever find out what it was?

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 01-20-2012).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Total of 461.24 Euros and they are more expensive in the US.

Here's a US source:
Rings: http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=4926
Center: http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=4925

Originally posted by lildevil:

tailight mod sooooooooooo simple...wonder why it took so long! LOOKS AWESOME ! How much are the Hella units?

PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-01-2016).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2012 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the lights look great and last night we bench tested them
if these are not seen someone needs help, unless they say they were blinded!

the running lights.....

the brake lights....
they are so bright that they only use 1/2 of them

the turn signals......

and the angle eyes....

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2012 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2012 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean, you have a PM
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2012 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks soooooooo good! I want my car back and drive over to South Beach! Right now! :-)

the running lights.....

the brake lights....
they are so bright that they only use 1/2 of them

the turn signals......

and the angle eyes....

Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2012 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the running lights.....

Yellowstone, you beat me to it! These taillights look amazing. I am in the process of doing the exact same mod. Mine are using a slightly different set of Hellas, smoked, and I am eliminating the stock reverse lights as the new ones incorporate them.

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2012 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Mine are using a slightly different set of Hellas, smoked, and I am eliminating the stock reverse lights as the new ones incorporate them.

Not a bad idea but I'm getting the HID backup lights from TLG. Looking forward to see your install.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2012 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the running lights.....

OK....I guess I'm ditching the 82' Corvette LED reproduction taillights I have to do this mod and ordering the Hella lights as soon as I have the money!
This just looks WAY TOO COOL.

The turn signals are yellow, right?

I know you have been working toward this for a VERY long time Kolja. I even remember seeing some stock taillight insert parts you had been tinkering with that were on the workbench in your shop in Dusseldorf. At the time, I didn't quite get what you were doing, but as we both know now, THIS is the way the taillights SHOULD look!

The suspension, the brakes, the intake manifold, all that looks great too, but the taillights REALLY "grab me by the boo-boo" and give me a thrill
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2012 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

The turn signals are yellow, right?

I know you have been working toward this for a VERY long time Kolja. I even remember seeing some stock taillight insert parts you had been tinkering with that were on the workbench in your shop in Dusseldorf. At the time, I didn't quite get what you were doing, but as we both know now, THIS is the way the taillights SHOULD look!

The suspension, the brakes, the intake manifold, all that looks great too, but the taillights REALLY "grab me by the boo-boo" and give me a thrill

The Hella LED turn signals are white when off and yellow when flashing.

I was toying with this idea for a long time and what you saw on my workbench years ago were taillights from a VW Golf IV that I was trying to modify. The Hella route is much better (and much more expensive), though.

Are you coming to Daytona?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock