Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Modernized Fiero Mirrors: What types have you used? (Please post them here) (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Modernized Fiero Mirrors: What types have you used? (Please post them here) by madcurl
Started on: 02-06-2009 01:49 PM
Replies: 254 (19586 views)
Last post by: Habanera Hal on 03-04-2019 01:55 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

I got these same exact mirrors in the mail. They are pure garbage and I regret spending the money on them. I guess I get what I paid for them. I'll just have to make it work. Just drop me a PM and LMk how yours work out just in case I hit a brick wall wih them.

D/D

Do the mirrors fold?
IP: Logged
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got these same exact mirrors in the mail. They are pure garbage and I regret spending the money on them. I guess I get what I paid for them. I'll just have to make it work. Just drop me a PM and LMk how yours work out just in case I hit a brick wall wih them.

D/D

What was wrong with them?

iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

iluvsd619

1036 posts
Member since May 2005

Originally posted by madcurl:

I dropped by the shop. There was F360's everywhere!

Nice!
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could someone photoshop what McLaren Mp4-12c, or Lamborghini Gallardo Mirrors would look like?
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do the mirrors fold?

They look like they fold. I'll try them tonight and let you know. I screwed the triangular back piece to the one mirror very lightly because I didn't want to lose the screws. It split two screw holes out of three and they almost went right through the plastic. So there are two tiny pimples on the outside of the triangular piece. They look nice but it's plastic. I guess the real ones are made of fiberglass?

I'll try to make them work and if they look as nice as Troy's then I will start saving up for the real ones. I'm not doing a widbody so i don't know how they'll look when completed.

Do they sell knockoffs that are fiberglass. As long as they are not plastic. Fiberglass can be fixed unlike plastic.

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 09-06-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I guess the real ones are made of fiberglass?

The real ones are made of some type of very, very hard plastic. V8Archie and Crew grind them down to fit the choppers. I've seen the base which the mirrors are mounted on for $85 or less. You can find the F430 for around $900-1,100 smackers! I got mine used and the cheapest I've seen either the F430 or cheaper F360 was for $260. However, I've seen the carbon fiberglass F430 for $1200 or so, but they don't fold. I would steer clear of anything that does not fold-unless you have a show car or something that isn't on the streets.
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The real ones are made of some type of very, very hard plastic. V8Archie and Crew grind them down to fit the choppers. I've seen the base which the mirrors are mounted on for $85 or less. You can find the F430 for around $900-1,100 smackers! I got mine used and the cheapest I've seen either the F430 or cheaper F360 was for $260. However, I've seen the carbon fiberglass F430 for $1200 or so, but they don't fold. I would steer clear of anything that does not fold-unless you have a show car or something that isn't on the streets.

$260 is not bad at all. The ones that I have are thin plastic. No room for error on these. I should make a mould of the bases before I try to fit them.

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 09-06-2012).]

iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mirrors came in. Shipping was fast! If I had a 2000 to 2005 Celica, the mirrors wouldn't mount because they sent the wrong mounting piece, so Im waiting till they square that away. But here is a pic of them. They have potential. The mirrors do fold.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by iluvsd619 (edited 09-09-2012).]

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by iluvsd619:

Mirrors came in. Shipping was fast! If I had a 2000 to 2005 Celica, the mirrors wouldn't mount because they sent the wrong mounting piece, so Im waiting till they square that away. But here is a pic of them. They have potential. The mirrors do fold.

Are you mounting them on a Celica or Fiero? I'm confused.

D/D
iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A fiero. Im going to use Whodeanie's mirror kit.
nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2012 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Fakhri u think you'll have the right mounting by this weekend for the FOSD meeting, I really want to see how's they look!
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2012 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

$260 is not bad at all. The ones that I have are thin plastic. No room for error on these. I should make a mould of the bases before I try to fit them.

There was a Ferrari F360 on Ebay last week for $150. It had, "Buy now" and was sold.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gen...orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-19-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2012 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What car are these mirrors off of? And has it been determined that the RX8 mirrors are the easiest direct bolt on ones yet? And what year RX8? Any extra mods to get these on?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rare87GT (edited 10-08-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

What car are these mirrors off of? And has it been determined that the RX8 mirrors are the easiest direct bolt on ones yet? And what year RX8? Any extra mods to get these on?

Mine are the F360.

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Am I the only one that thinks door mounted mirrors and pop up headlights are the coolest features of the car. Are door mounted mirrors hated?
I think that corner pillar mirrors aren't a real sporty look because of sitting higher. I know everyone else like these but why? Door mount to me is way cooler just need the right mirror. Frame less windows are also the coolest why ruin that line when door is open. If doors could open when mirrors were fixed to frame rather than door it would seem okay but a lot of trouble i think just to modernise the mirrors when surely it is just the shape you all want to change?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why? Several reasons one of which is that the stock mirrors don't fold, OEM's are heavy, & are out dated. After market or newer OEM'S mirrors offer all of things just mentioned.
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Screams Ferrari Kit to me....
urbex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for urbexClick Here to visit urbex's HomePageSend a Private Message to urbexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why? Several reasons one of which is that the stock mirrors don't fold, OEM's are heavy, & are out dated. After market or newer OEM'S mirrors offer all of things just mentioned.

Why would the mirrors need to fold? Not arguing, just curious. I don't believe that's something I ever wished I could do on a car.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by urbex:

Why would the mirrors need to fold? Not arguing, just curious. I don't believe that's something I ever wished I could do on a car.

As some have experienced that the stock mirrors can cause severe bruising if your not careful, but also due to the length of these newer OEM'S mirrors they tend to be hit by cars and most of the newer cars have folding mirrors to prevent this from happening and is also useful when the car is parked between other cars in the garage or suing transport.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-08-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's times like this when they come in handy

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 10-08-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The mirrors are simply beautiful.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

oldbikeracer

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for oldbikeracerClick Here to visit oldbikeracer's HomePageSend a Private Message to oldbikeracerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a thought. Go to a motorcycle dealer that has several brands of motorcycles. Mirrors will not be power, but several have turn signals built into them. Goldwing and CSXR Suzuki perhaps. Just a passing thought.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The mirrors are simply beautiful.

Curly i had seen those mirrors and thought the same thing. In fact i actually briefly thought about pulling a fiero mirror housing from it's base, and have a shop craft a swooping arm like this one and reattaching the fiero mirror base to it to get a similar look.

You could also make a fiberglass mold of the fiero mirror housing and do the same thing.

Hmmmm

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-14-2012).]

Anti-H8 GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Anti-H8 GTSend a Private Message to Anti-H8 GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn, how I love the look of the RX-8 Mirrors on the Fiero! Now I really wish I had the mirrors off my now-totalled RX-8! And since I haven't seen this answered, yes, they are heated. =D
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what are those carbon fiber mirrors on (the white car)
thanks
al
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2013 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

what are those carbon fiber mirrors on (the white car)
thanks
al

Yes.

Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2013 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think he meant what is the white car that those crazy swoopy carbon fiber mirrors are on..? Interior looks nice too..

Originally posted by Anti-H8 GT:

Damn, how I love the look of the RX-8 Mirrors on the Fiero! Now I really wish I had the mirrors off my now-totalled RX-8! And since I haven't seen this answered, yes, they are heated. =D

Only if you pay extra..... I bought a set of non-heated RX8 mirrors this past summer, the junkyards around here wanted another $30-$40 a mirror for the heated ones. As it's just the glass (and it pops out, not glued in!) you can add the heated glass to non-heated ones though...

They're in the pile of "some day" projects now..

[This message has been edited by Riceburner98 (edited 01-05-2013).]

LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2013 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Madcurl
I figure this is Mad Archie's door trim since all the threads I have followed of yours. Is the trim at the bottom of the door also his or your design? Is this available? Sorry to jack a mirror thread on my first post but man I loves this design. I am still looking for my GT and am in awe of what the members have done here. Can't wait to get started.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2013 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

Madcurl
I figure this is Mad Archie's door trim since all the threads I have followed of yours. Is the trim at the bottom of the door also his or your design? Is this available? Sorry to jack a mirror thread on my first post but man I loves this design. I am still looking for my GT and am in awe of what the members have done here. Can't wait to get started.

No. That is Dean Cain's design (Whodeanni). You can find more info regarding the mirror on his now trashed thread.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2013 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No. That is Dean Cain's design (Whodeanni). You can find more info regarding the mirror on his now trashed thread.

I guess by the look of the threads I have read those parts are not available any more. I like the rear quarter to the door look as well a little less flare than Archie's. . I live In IL and I am traveling to Springfield this week. I have plans to travel a little farther north to look at Archie's stuff. There nothing like see them in person. I have looked at some of the GT lately and they look far better in the pictures than in person. I just looked at a 20000 mile 86 that is priced at 6700 but the paint (scratches) were a bit much for the hope of having everything original. So I think I have given up on that and just going to mod the hell out of one, which is what I wanted to do with the second GT anyway. Is there a place to say hello to everyone, the section titles didn't look like it.

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

With credit to Jscott. These are off the 1st gen aurora. Clost to that of the corvette mirrors but they do not fold. They are also heated. The last gen riveria had them as well but they are not heated

I bought these also. Can you fill me in on the wiring in the mirror? We're you able to take them apart, they look to be like it possible.

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don`t think they do.
Of course, I don`t park in a garage or a car hauler so maybe other people need them.
Cars have had solid mount mirrors for a lot longer than folding and they have worked fine, so..................

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 05-20-2013).]

XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2013 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone tried aftermarket Celica Mirrors? Since Whodeanie had the stock ones I'm guessin aftermarket ones should work too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-...em27cd405f51&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-...em51a26eedaa&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLR...100005%26prg%3D1088% 26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D350617529770%26
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

I bought these also. Can you fill me in on the wiring in the mirror? We're you able to take them apart, they look to be like it possible.

PM me for the wiring schematic.

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2013 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I`m working on some M-3 style mirrors.

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2015 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might as well bring this back from the dead.

For those that have moved on to mirrors that bolt to the little triangle area...don't the front of the dew wipes attach to the doors via the 2 (stock) mirror bolts? How did you overcome this if you've cut out that piece? Just curious as I think I'll probably end up with Aurora mirrors.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Just a little info on this car. It was built, and still owned by, Fran Passuite. I understand he has it stored & runs it regularly, but just doesn't drive it much anymore. I've also heard both stories (that it was built on an Indy, and that it was a base coupe '84 converted to an Indy). Either way, it's been through a lot of changes - very early on in the Fiero's history!

As far as the mirrors go - Tom P mentioned that they were full-price OEM Ferrari mirrors, and that he paid a MINT for them!

Here's an old thread with some more pics & info: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...020511-1-014026.html (funny... I just had a conversation with Tom P (WI), Phil R (RI), and Old Lar (NY) about Fran & his car last month at Dells Run). Another here (with more links within it: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060206-1-054547.html )

The oddest thing to me... is that I don't recall having seen the car with the flushmount headlights before!

I realize this is a very old thread and post but Fran's car is a legit Indy Pace Car. Fran bought it new.

I haven't seen Fran in years and I'm not sure if he is still around (with us) but he loved that car and really didn't care that he highly modified an original IPC. He just wanted a car of his dreams and loved beating up on Mustangs.

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 11-25-2015).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock