Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Modernized Fiero Mirrors: What types have you used? (Please post them here) (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Modernized Fiero Mirrors: What types have you used? (Please post them here) by madcurl
Started on: 02-06-2009 01:49 PM
Replies: 254 (19586 views)
Last post by: Habanera Hal on 03-04-2019 01:55 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are mine.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Just a little info on this car. It was built, and still owned by, Fran Passuite. I understand he has it stored & runs it regularly, but just doesn't drive it much anymore. I've also heard both stories (that it was built on an Indy, and that it was a base coupe '84 converted to an Indy). Either way, it's been through a lot of changes - very early on in the Fiero's history!

As far as the mirrors go - Tom P mentioned that they were full-price OEM Ferrari mirrors, and that he paid a MINT for them!

Here's an old thread with some more pics & info: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...020511-1-014026.html (funny... I just had a conversation with Tom P (WI), Phil R (RI), and Old Lar (NY) about Fran & his car last month at Dells Run). Another here (with more links within it: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060206-1-054547.html )

The oddest thing to me... is that I don't recall having seen the car with the flushmount headlights before!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2009 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2009 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
.... looking in the mirror.
chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2009 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pure sex. http://cgi.ebay.c om/ebaymot...7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1171

sorry but those are not practical, especially if you use your vehicle on a daily basis, i.e. parking it at a grocery store or the mall... they will just get slammed by a mini-van or something.

out of all these i would prefer to use the squarish ones on the 1986 fiero turbo prototype.

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast
For Fiero updates, visit my site http://educatorstop15.com/fieropage.htm

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2009 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrismclubm:

sorry but those are not practical, especially if you use your vehicle on a daily basis, i.e. parking it at a grocery store or the mall... they will just get slammed by a mini-van or something.

out of all these i would prefer to use the squarish ones on the 1986 fiero turbo prototype.

I believe the mirrors fold to reduce risk.

i doubt they would look as good on a non-widebody however ?

chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2009 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

i doubt they would look as good on a non-widebody however ?

I agree, especially on a stock fiero

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast
For Fiero updates, visit my site http://educatorstop15.com/fieropage.htm

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2009 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set of Vitaloni F430 power mirrors for installation on an 88 Mera.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2009 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you looked into Lamborghini Gallardo (replica) mirrors?
Or '10 Chevy Camaro Mirrors
Or VW (Corrado, and others)

There are so many cars with door mounted mirrors to choose from.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2009 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007
I don't know, Fiero's just don't look right with pillar mounted mirrors, IMHO.
Nothing wrong with door mounted mirrors. Tons of supercars have them. Besides, it makes for great shots with the doors open.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2009 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

I don't know, Fiero's just don't look right with pillar mounted mirrors, IMHO.
Nothing wrong with door mounted mirrors. Tons of supercars have them. Besides, it makes for great shots with the doors open.

I think both can be made to look good.

Example,...this looks pretty darned hot !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set of Ferrari 430 power mirrors that I will use on an 88 Mera. The original Vitaloni ones are essentially unavailable or just so expensive that I have a hard time convincing myself to buy them (around $1000).
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

I have a set of Ferrari 430 power mirrors that I will use on an 88 Mera. The original Vitaloni ones are essentially unavailable or just so expensive that I have a hard time convincing myself to buy them (around $1000).

hehehe any chance u can pull a mold off those suckers !??!

jk,..where did u get them ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-26-2009).]

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much chance of me pulling a mold from them since my fiberglass skills are rudimentary. I bought them in an eBay auction a few months ago and will install them after the engine conversion is completed.

hehehe any chance u can pull a mold off those suckers !??!

jk,..where did u get them ?

Iron_Mark_2003

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think both can be made to look good.

Example,...this looks pretty darned hot !

*shrugs* It's fitting for the car but probably not a stock.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2009 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to Jscott.

This car is owned by Clinton Whitehead back in 2003 .
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This would be pretty interesting. I think it would look pretty good on fierotaz's car due to the squared off shape it has but the rounded off shape of your cars i dont think it would sute them well. plus wheres the pics of your car with the F40 mirrors on it?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Art of Perfection: F430

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Art of Perfection: F430

Whos car is that troy's?
Fiero Owner

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now that is one dirty Camaro!
James_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James_GTSend a Private Message to James_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Holy Crap! I've seen that exact car a few times parked outside a Cafe' on my way to school. I love those Testarossa's!

------------------
James

RHD 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly, here is my newest one for you from my DD. Toyota Cellica Mirrors

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2010 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dean, how's the viewing on the passenger side mirror?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2010 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Dean, how's the viewing on the passenger side mirror?

Curly, I have mocked it up to see but I have not installed it yet, but from just tapeing it in place to make sure I can see out of it I like it I can see more with it than I could with the stock mirror in the stock location.

once I get it mounted I will get pic's from the drivers seat showing the view.
D.

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2010 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-01-2016).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2010 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Dean,

I forgot to ask, are those power of manual? I guess I never quite understood the allure of power mirrors (althugh I have them) considering I am the only one that would ever drive my cars. I sure like the small 4 way controller in the new Impalas that mounts on the drivers door by the A pillar.

they are power.
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Dean,

I forgot to ask, are those power or manual? I guess I never quite understood the allure of power mirrors (although I have them) considering I am the only one that would ever drive my cars. I sure like the small 4 way controller in the new Impalas that mounts on the drivers door by the A pillar.

Because you can adjust the passanger side mirror w.o needing another person.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anticipating the side mirror mounting.
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Planning on using these on my project

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

Planning on using these on my project

Nice and they're carbon too. When do you plan on buying the mirrors?
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice and they're carbon too. When do you plan on buying the mirrors?

Unfortunately it will probably be a while... 13" brakes, new suspension, motor swap, etc is coming first
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whodeanni's D.D.;

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2010 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2010 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

I know pontaickid is planning on using a set of Mitsu 3000GT/Dodge Stealth mirrors on his (or was anyway)

I used the Stealth mirrors on my last Fiero... There are pics somewhere here on the forum....

------------------
SMTHGT.....

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A Fiero like mirror, but mounted on brushed aluminum base?

This idea appears to be a simple solution to the stock Fiero mirror locations. I didn't try to touch the car to see if the mirror folded, but on a non wide body Fiero I don't see the need to anyway.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nm

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 04-04-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay