Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Modernized Fiero Mirrors: What types have you used? (Please post them here) (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Modernized Fiero Mirrors: What types have you used? (Please post them here) by madcurl
Started on: 02-06-2009 01:49 PM
Replies: 254 (19586 views)
Last post by: Habanera Hal on 03-04-2019 01:55 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thinking of stealth/3000gt mirrors but there huge.
IP: Logged
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
You know the dash and interior won't stay stock for long. I just needed to put a stock interior in it to make it presentable until I can have time to put in the custom interior. You would think with all the plug and play firebird harnesses I've built I would have kept one for myself...nope. But it's coming as soon as I get that HEI thing figured out

You can send it to me and I will install the dash for you - I will even paint it, install some stock panels on it and the raise the roof before I send it back to you.

...in fact, it will look ExACtlY like this:

Let me know if you get the HEI to work...

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 02-26-2009).]

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

C6?

------------------

My Build Thread

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 06:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

C6?

Yup. They weren't that difficult to install either. Basically, I just extended the two holes for the Fiero mirors, drilled a third, and took about five degrees off the bottom of the mirrors so they wouldn't look like they were drooping. It just took a little time for me to get the time to do the fine tuning on them and get them just right. But it can be done in a few hours really.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 02-27-2009).]

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw this on eBay (Buy It Now price = $229):

"Up for auction is a OEM left hand (drivers side) door mirror removed from a 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06. The color of this mirror is Velocity Yellow. This mirror features the light sensitive option (DD0) and S-band digital receiver (U2K) options. This item is a direct fit for all 2006-2008 Corvette's with these options".

Looks like the 2006 corvette Z06 is pretty high tech - auto-dimming would be NICE, but what the heck is an S-band digital in a door mirror for ?

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 03-15-2009).]

madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

OK....you got my attention.....what are those from?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

thats a sin if thats a real indy.

fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

here is mine from a 92 Olds .
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

Old Lair's car. I believe they are replica F355s mirrors.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

It's a nicely modified GT fastback.
Archie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those look like T.R. mirrors

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 04-13-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

hehehe wait till curly gets his hands on an indy !
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

Old Lair's car. I believe they are replica F355s mirrors.

512TR (aka Testarossa). The ones on the Fiero seem non folding.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 04-14-2009).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FierociousGT

2307 posts
Member since Jan 2007

Originally posted by exoticse:
Can't let the cat out of the bag yet, but i know of a new modern mirror application a fellow fiero owner is just finishing up.

i will let him spill the beans when it is ready.

BTW it looks good !

My FGTO.

RX-8 mirrors. Install thanks to Blacktree. Picked up a set shipped for under $100 from ebay.

Anyone use Vitaloni Turbo Racing Mirrors?

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can anybody post a link (WITH the page number) showing install of those RX-8 mirrors ? All i could find were threads with MANY pages and no install descriptions
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Nice. 100% better than the Lamborghini replicas (plus they fold) and match the MadArch kit.

P.S.; don't be so shy. I've been wanting to see #025 in the Choptop gallery.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by PaulJK:

can anybody post a link (WITH the page number) showing install of those RX-8 mirrors ? All i could find were threads with MANY pages and no install descriptions

I believe the build-up might be CFF under exterior. It would be nice if the build-up was posted here too (hint, hint Demancheno).
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those RX-8 mirrors look good! Apparently they are pretty hard to find! Can't find a set of OEM on eBay yet...

------------------

Arizona Fiero Club
Check out your local clubs!
If they take away our guns, can we use swords?

PFF
System Bot
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HC:
Those RX-8 mirrors look good! Apparently they are pretty hard to find! Can't find a set of OEM on eBay yet...

http://tinyurl.com/dc464u

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Testing new hardware from V8Archie: F430 door/mirror brackets

What if you rounded the offending corner? helps a little

The backside; the 3-mounting points.

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK: can anybody post a link (WITH the page number) showing install of those RX-8 mirrors ? All i could find were threads with MANY pages and no install descriptions

Originally posted by madcurl: I believe the build-up might be CFF under exterior. It would be nice if the build-up was posted here too (hint, hint Demancheno).

I didn't take detailed photos of the build progress, because I didn't anticipate creating a build thread for them. Plus, some of the work was done by Dave. He did the mounting bolt setup, and I did the fitting. I also had to structurally reinforce the mirror housings, because after removing a bunch of material from the mirror bases, they were pretty flimsy. I accomplished that using sheets of ABS plastic and industrial ABS glue. It was messy and time consuming. But I didn't want to reinforce the mirror bases with fiberglass, and run the risk of it delaminating in the future.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 04-14-2009).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are some fresh pics of the mirrors...

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here are some fresh pics of the mirrors...

100% better looking than stock. Out with the old and in with the new!

Any (measured) pics of how far the RX8 mirrors stick out from the body? I know the F360 are about 12"
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
many thanks but Big Question - are the mirrors somehow attached to the doors; do they swing out when the door opens ? I don't see how the door glass does Not hit the mirror when the door opens.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

100% better looking than stock. Out with the old and in with the new!

Any (measured) pics of how far the RX8 mirrors stick out from the body? I know the F360 are about 12"

Seems like aprox 9".

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FierociousGT

2307 posts
Member since Jan 2007

many thanks but Big Question - are the mirrors somehow attached to the doors; do they swing out when the door opens ? I don't see how the door glass does Not hit the mirror when the door opens.

Metal plate welded on the door.

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie's shop welded triangular pieces of steel onto the doors, which take up the space originally filled by the black triangular trim pieces. The mirrors mount to those steel pieces. So the mirrors move with the doors.

EDIT: Dave beat me to it.. and with photos!

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 04-14-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent. Hey David, how are the "visuals" from the passenger side mirror? Did you have the electric motors hooked-up? Are the RX8 mirrors heated?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-14-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Excellent. Hey David, how are the "visuals" from the passenger side mirror? Did you have the electric motors hooked-up? Are the RX8 mirrors heated?

Very good. I can see you in a Van, parked down by the River. Haven't hooked up the motors yet. Heated.... No idea.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Seems like aprox 9".

Anything that's 9" or bigger it's all good, hehe.

Maybe 7.5" folded and 12.5" extended

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-23-2009).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 04-09-2010).]

ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This reminds me of that movie mac and me

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave,

The RX-8 mirrors go perfect with the Mad-Arch widebody,..looks like they were made for the kit !

It also gives your a car a more modern and update appearance. Light years ahead of the others, and it looks like they actually belong.

Great choice and great job by you and mike ! Folks i have seen the car in person and it is bad**s !

P.S. Watch the way you swing the door open,..you might damage the other project,....

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-23-2009).]

ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
or maybe it's this guy from that movie 'explorers'
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2009 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a good thread was hoping to see some M3 bmw mirrors as i know reproductions are cheap.
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2009 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

Bump for a good thread was hoping to see some M3 bmw mirrors as i know reproductions are cheap.

I've got a set waiting to go on my 87 GT if I can't get the bases right with the Solstice mirrors. They are becoming more work than they are worth. I'm a perfectionist
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2009 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock