Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Modernized Fiero Mirrors: What types have you used? (Please post them here) (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Modernized Fiero Mirrors: What types have you used? (Please post them here) by madcurl
Started on: 02-06-2009 01:49 PM
Replies: 254 (19586 views)
Last post by: Habanera Hal on 03-04-2019 01:55 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The mazda RX-8 mirrors are amazing on a fiero !

i am putting them on my choptop and i saw them today (sorry no pics, wasn't expecting the visit at work) on a fellow Central Florida Fiero members choptop and they are completly sick !

They stick out and give the car a more exotic look at a fraction of the price of the real exotic ones.
IP: Logged
redraif

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw the rx8 mirrors and was like... OMG... I had so been drooling over my mother's RX8 mirrors...

Though I'm kinda digging the camaro mirrors... how far off are they???

[This message has been edited by redraif (edited 11-02-2011).]

wee twisted

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wee twistedSend a Private Message to wee twistedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
have to agree with exoticse....they r pretty sweet looking... so i went and ordered them...45.00 free shipping.... dont know exactly how im putting them on ,,,but ill figure it out.....
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will get to take some pictures of my friend's choptop at the meeting on thursday so you can get to see them.

Dean has made up a set of brackets for my mirrors so maybe you will be able to either buy some from him or see how they were done when he posts some pics of my car pretty soon.
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
I will get to take some pictures of my friend's choptop at the meeting on thursday so you can get to see them.

Dean has made up a set of brackets for my mirrors so maybe you will be able to either buy some from him or see how they were done when he posts some pics of my car pretty soon.

These that Curly posted a page back?

Originally posted by madcurl:

(shameless plug; they are $40 a set + shipping)

wee twisted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wee twistedSend a Private Message to wee twistedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
new to this whole forum thing ,who is dean...? and does he make the brackets for the mirrors and sell them?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wee twisted:

new to this whole forum thing ,who is dean...? and does he make the brackets for the mirrors and sell them?

Original thread here:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/075728-13.html

Originally posted by Vendetta:

This past Friday, I had an appointment with Dean (Whodeanie) to install my new mirrors from the Toyota Celica. So we made a day of it and while they did most of the work I snapped a good bit of pictures. Here is sort of an instruction guide on what is involved to install these mirrors. Here are the pictures. Thanks again Dean! Excellent JOB!

Remove the doors.

Cut this section out from both doors.

Weld on the brackets Dean makes.

Trim this part of the doorskin to make room for mirror base.

Installed.

Austin

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Nah those are not the ones.

Dean is whodeanie, of whodeanie's customs in Woodstock, Georgia.

The Rx-8 mirrors look like these.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-02-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some pics of the RX-8 mirrors in the flesh.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2011 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchase a set of F550 mirrors on Ebay. The F550 are a bit different compared to the F360. The only difference I can tell is the base. The base is shorter than the F360. Still, a good deal and I was the only person bidding on them (which is a good thing).

My conclusion is that they mirror will be in by at least 1".
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for the Oldsmobile Aurora 1st generation 1996-1999 mirrors.

some porsche mirrors
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

opel corsa / holden barina (not sure holden has these mirrors)
anyone with bullets

or these..
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/...b649ff#ht_500wt_1054

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 02-08-2012).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any info on these?
Halcyon25

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon25Send a Private Message to Halcyon25Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im really tempting these, but would really like to see what they look like before I waste the money...

2011 Ford Mustang Side view mirrors
Front side
Mirror side

Edit: Oh and those RX8 mirrors look sick I would deffinetly get those if these dont look good.

[This message has been edited by Halcyon25 (edited 03-05-2012).]

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1997 Chevy Lumina

After reading all this thread, I think im going to redesign the bracket.

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 03-10-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

1997 Chevy Lumina

After reading all this thread, I think im going to redesign the bracket.

Rob

Can you take a straight on pic of the mirror from the front of the car and rear? I like to see the profile and how many inches compared to stock does the Chevy mirror sticks out?
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
as requested.

before and after

Rob
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some pics of the RX-8 mirrors in the flesh.

This car is just drop dead sexy...I want to cry every time I see it.

Oh and the mirrors look nice too.

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
F308 and F430 mirrors were used as replacements for the original Vitaloni power mirrors.

Nelson
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2012 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of great ideas here. I want to see what those 2011 Mustang mirrors look like mounted.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RX-8 baby !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-16-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2012 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the M-3 style mirrors.
I`m going to compare the triangular piece on my son`s 3-series BMW this week to see how close it is to the Fiero.

Speaking of mirrors Marine1981 and I scored some rear view interior mirrors from a yard off of Cadillacs with the auto darkening and compass.
I just mounted mine on the stock metal piece that my old mirror came off of.
The mirrors have about 5 wires but you only need two of them and it makes it great to not have to be flipping your mirror down all of the time.
I know, even when someone only has their regular beams on the Fiero sits so low their lights shine right in my eyes.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 03-19-2012).]

Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2012 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

1997 Chevy Lumina

Are these mirrors plastic or cast like the Fiero, power option?

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2012 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
plastic. super light. going to take them off, wet sand and then paint them.

Rob
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2012 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RX-8 baby !

Ha... I was looking at my 8 today, parked behind my Fiero and had the same thought. "That would work"
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2012 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't want to give up on door mirrors so... what cars have door mirrors.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2012 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Where is the build of this car???

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'86 Fiero GT "Old Yeller"
'85 GT "DOA"

'02 Aztek

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by repnblvd:
Where is the build of this car???

Start reading: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000053.html
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2012 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KIA Reborn
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F360
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-15-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While at Trends I noticed a set of after market side mirrors.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2012 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always go with the folding mirrors. Here's reason #101

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

KIA Reborn

iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just ordered a set of these. We will see how they turn out.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by iluvsd619:

Yep. $42 and it looks like they fold too. The side marker and arrow are a plus-plus too.
nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive been checkin this thread out as well, let me know when you get them!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dropped by the shop. There was F360's everywhere!

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got these same exact mirrors in the mail. They are pure garbage and I regret spending the money on them. I guess I get what I paid for them. I'll just have to make it work. Just drop me a PM and LMk how yours work out just in case I hit a brick wall wih them.

D/D

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock