Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Modernized Fiero Mirrors: What types have you used? (Please post them here) (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Modernized Fiero Mirrors: What types have you used? (Please post them here) by madcurl
Started on: 02-06-2009 01:49 PM
Replies: 254 (19586 views)
Last post by: Habanera Hal on 03-04-2019 01:55 PM
Fierosmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

anticipating the side mirror mounting.

How did you remove the little triangular panel where you intend to mount the new side mirror?

The shop manuals show this panel attached with 3 little screws... do you have to move the drip gutter out of the way to access the hidden fasterners?

Whats the easiest way ???

Thanks, Jim

Woot! page 4

[This message has been edited by Fierosmith (edited 04-08-2010).]

IP: Logged
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierosmith

568 posts
Member since Jun 2007

[This message has been edited by Fierosmith (edited 04-09-2010).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With credit to Jscott. These are off the 1st gen aurora. Clost to that of the corvette mirrors but they do not fold. They are also heated. The last gen riveria had them as well but they are not heated

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

With credit to Jscott. These are off the 1st gen aurora. Clost to that of the corvette mirrors but they do not fold. They are also heated.

They look Good on your car.

I actually got the idea from a Corvette Forum. I was searching for C5 mirrors and saw the Aurora mirrors mounted to a C3 Corvette. Figured they looked about 90% as good at 10% of the price.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

They look Good on your car.

I actually got the idea from a Corvette Forum. I was searching for C5 mirrors and saw the Aurora mirrors mounted to a C3 Corvette. Figured they looked about 90% as good at 10% of the price.

There not cheap either unless you find them at a bone yard. i think there about $100 each on ebay. even still thanks for the idea dude.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2010 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2010 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They on your car?

They look pretty bada$$.
TD37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2010 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone thought of using carbon racing mirrors? It would be more of a business look but thats what I'm all about

Spoon racing-

Just a thought

-Tim

[This message has been edited by TD37 (edited 04-13-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2010 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TD37:

Anyone thought of using carbon racing mirrors? It would be more of a business look but thats what I'm all about

Spoon racing-

Just a thought

-Tim

The ones designed spcificley for the car look really good but i hate the look of the F1 style. Some guy around here put them on his IS300 and not only did they look like dogcrap they also got him into an accident as well.

donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2010 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Crysler 300m have auto dimming on the outside mirrors and they are heated. Just a thought.
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2010 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Spoon racing-

This is what I want to use, I haven't figured out the best way to remove the little triangular panel next to the windshield, that is without destorying it. If someone would be kind enought to tell me how to do that.... I would really appreciate it.

Jim

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by donnie072003:

Crysler 300m have auto dimming on the outside mirrors and they are heated. Just a thought.

Are you sure its not the 300C. I have one of the last year 300M's fully loaded and it dosent have them.

TD37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright well I'm going to be 'that guy' and ask the question. . . Why do we need heated mirrors? I even live in Wisconsin and I would never have a reason for heated mirrors on my Fiero. Seems like a lot of work for not much return. Thats just me though.

-Tim
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Alright well I'm going to be 'that guy' and ask the question. . . Why do we need heated mirrors? I even live in Wisconsin and I would never have a reason for heated mirrors on my Fiero. Seems like a lot of work for not much return. Thats just me though.

-Tim

Mine arnt hooked up. One of these days ill get around to it. Its a pretty nice option to have in the winter if its drivin in the winter.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

-Tim

Yeah it's just you.

In many humid climates (even in the hot southern US) the mirrors will be fogged in the morning and the heat helps to clear them quickly. The same people that don't see the need for heated mirrors also don't see the need for rear window defogger, but I find them both to be very useful.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a bit of re-education at a recent exotic car show. For some reason i always thought the mirrors with blinkers were kind of cheesy or rice,...boy was i wrong !

A Mercedes, a Bugatti Veyron, and a Bentley all sporting the turn signal mirrors.

Hey if it is good enough for a $2 million dollar Veyron it is certianly good enough for me !!

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-19-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw something else at the same exotic car show that reminded me of Choptop #13.

I remember when Fierotaz was tinkering around with camera style mirrors.

Saw a similair concept on a high dollar exotic,... the Ferrari FXX

This car is the race version of the Enzo, so the idea is in very good company !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-21-2010).]

Dracor

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I remember when Fierotaz was tinkering around with camera style mirrors.

Do you remember why he didn't go with it? Is he still on the forum? I was thinking about doing the same thing.

------------------
'84 3800SC, XP cam, 3.2 pully, HPTuners, N* TB, 4sp, SPEC 3+ clutch, Aluminium flywheel, pacesetter headers, F355 body kit, weight reduction

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dracor:

Do you remember why he didn't go with it? Is he still on the forum? I was thinking about doing the same thing.

He is still on the forum, but he sold the car.
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whodeanni's D.D.;

is that the Amida front end?
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

is that the Amida front end?

Yep.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(shameless plug; they are $40 a set + shipping)
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought that cars with cameras also had mirrors eg: Bugatti eb110 this i am sure has both. There are a few cars with cameras but i am sure they still have side mirrors. I know many have the usual windscreen rear view camera as no view out rear window but the sides i think have mirrors too i am looking up cars that i can think of that may have no mirrors but can't think or find any that aren't customs.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

I thought that cars with cameras also had mirrors eg: Bugatti eb110 this i am sure has both. There are a few cars with cameras but i am sure they still have side mirrors. I know many have the usual windscreen rear view camera as no view out rear window but the sides i think have mirrors too i am looking up cars that i can think of that may have no mirrors but can't think or find any that aren't customs.

The race enzo above has no mirrors.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a Fiero so the mirrors still count, hehe.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LaSabre mirrors: with modified base for correct angle.

shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i work for avis so i drive cars all day and i have been getting many ideas the new camaro mirrors might work since they are door mounted the angle they are mounted at would need to be changed but i love the look of them

[This message has been edited by shawnk (edited 10-07-2010).]

rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2010 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike Gonzalez:

Anyone ever tried Honda Del Sol mirrors ?

As a matter of fact I have. Just got them today from the pick and pull.

Preliminary fitting looks like they are going to work great, a little fiberglassing and drilling.

The profile of the two doors are almost identical in that area. I wont have installed pics.

for awhile because I have an interior to finish but I think they will look great when done. Ray
PFF
System Bot
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a crappy photocrop of 1998 GTP mirrors. Any one done one before?

Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are the "camera side view mirrors" that are posted above street legal on cars though?
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-21-2011 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Finale:

Are the "camera side view mirrors" that are posted above street legal on cars though?

Probably depends on your state law, but I think the general answer is yes.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got to see more of the 5th Gen Camaro mirrors soon. They just look too cool.

Ro
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
F360

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-25-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LaSabre mirrors: with modified base for correct angle.

This so close to what I sketched for Uber Fiero (years from starting) and in photo I can see this is still where I want to go with it.
Only question, how much is that chop? The 3"?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xyster:

Only question, how much is that chop? The 3"?

V8Archie's standard chop.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to see what someone can do with a pair of solstice mirrors . it would be difficult because they mount like right on the top of the door but it would look nice with the right body.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock