Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Calif Kid............................ (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Calif Kid............................ by rogergarrison
Started on: 01-25-2003 11:04 PM
Replies: 542 (47689 views)
Last post by: MinnGreenGT on 04-27-2017 08:58 AM
wpgfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2003 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wpgfieroSend a Private Message to wpgfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol, ok then i'll post a reply, but all I can think of to say is the same thing I said before, and that's
IP: Logged
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2003 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well 'wpgfiero' at least you racked up a 2nd page to this string. Thanks again, I'm beginning to believe that Pennocks just may get quite a bit of non-member traffic (non poster's). Ah, who knows for sure???
wpgfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2003 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wpgfieroSend a Private Message to wpgfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yah, I think there's probably a lot of people that come on here that aren't members.
and as for the car, i really really really really hope I can get to the 20th anniversary show to see it! that'd be sooo sweet!

oh btw,

MrPBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2003 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrPBodyClick Here to visit MrPBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrPBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
However much we have disagreed about aerodynamics, I gotta say that you have a very cool looking car! The rear spoiler on your car probably does work.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2003 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by formula2:

This car only sees dry pavement!

Will you go to the Event,even on a rainy day????

If it's a total 'rain out' probably not, but for the 20th, even if it looks like rain, I'll pack a cover for the car, and show up.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2003 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

California Kid

9541 posts
Member since Jul 2001

Originally posted by MrPBody:

However much we have disagreed about aerodynamics, I gotta say that you have a very cool looking car! The rear spoiler on your car probably does work.

Thanks! I know the rear spoiler works, very noticeable at high speed. Between the lowering and rear spoiler it's glued to the road beyond speedo reading.
perkidelic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for perkidelicClick Here to visit perkidelic's HomePageSend a Private Message to perkidelicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:...I'm beginning to believe that Pennocks just may get quite a bit of non-member traffic (non poster's). Ah, who knows for sure???

I wonder if it's the flame wars and negative comments that keep most of the 6K+ members from posting. Most of us who do post just dawn a tough skin and endure it for the common good. But for a guy or gal who doesn't enjoy the fiery darts, why not just find someone who is searching for the same knowledge and piggyback on their quest? Sometimes I even hold my tongue and wait.

I have noticed lately that there aren't even alot of members on the forum while I am on it (relatively speaking). While I am typing this it says "(There are currently 23 people browsing the forum)".

perk

------------------

toddshotrods.com - new biz name & site

[This message has been edited by perkidelic (edited 02-11-2003).]

1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GREAT!

I am looking at the same steering wheel. Any chalanges on the install?

Can not beat the price on the wheel!!!

John

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986GTV8:

GREAT!

I am looking at the same steering wheel. Any chalanges on the install?

John

If you use the Grant adapter, which I didn't, it places the steering wheel too close to your chest (positions the wheel about 2 1/2" closer too you). I modified the stamped steel column ring to have a thicker steel (drilled and tapped) reinforcement plate behind it. I don't have a photos (even hard to explain with sketches), but if you study the assembly it's easy to come up with a solution, other than using the big 'stand off' adapter that comes as part of the adapter kit. Photo shows how close my wheel is mounted to column.

The accordian looking part on the other wheel is a plastic closure piece that come with the grant adapter to cover the extension.

Someone posted that there is a 'short' adapter kit available, but I forgot the details on it. You may want to make a question post on the short adapter kit.

TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice ride. Another fine example of how Pontiac should have done it. Just out of curiousity, what kind of gas mileage are you getting out of it (city/highway)?
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have never driven this car to get good fuel economy numbers period. It gets 21mpg average per tank for my style driving, which is mostly sticky my foot into it every chance I get. 99% of the driving I do is Metro driving, not much expressway.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 02-11-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
MrPBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrPBodyClick Here to visit MrPBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrPBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:
Someone posted that there is a 'short' adapter kit available, but I forgot the details on it. You may want to make a question post on the short adapter kit.

Grant # 4001. I have one, but haven't installed it yet.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks MrPBody, added to list of things to purchase. I will probably be stronger than my modified piece.
sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Have never driven this car to get good fuel economy numbers period. It gets 21mpg average per tank for my style driving, which is mostly sticky my foot into it every chance I get. 99% of the driving I do is Metro driving, not much expressway.

Thanks!

Wow! That's really good! I get less than that with my stock 2.8 with a heavy foot.

------------------

fastfuriousfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastfuriousfieroSend a Private Message to fastfuriousfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool car!! Need to see it in person.

------------------
86 SE 2.8 4spd

iwanna3.4dohc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iwanna3.4dohcSend a Private Message to iwanna3.4dohcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
everyone is stunned
85SE
From: Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada (yes, the town is named Paradise!)

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEClick Here to visit 85SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks!

The saddest part is that your economy is better than my Cavalier!

sigh. Love your car.

Cheers,
Andrew

------------------

www.andrewsfiero.ca
Proud owner of an 85 coupe with 39k miles

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an article of your car in Kit Kar mag., Jan. 1996, It's called "POWER SWAP: How to install a TPI Chevy V8 in a Fiero". I never knew that was your car until you posted the pictures of it when it was black with those wheels.

------------------

88 Fastback V6 Coupe. 5 speed Getrag, poly, rear bar, turbocharger, Centerlines and much more. Will trade for 88 T-top Fiero.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Guys!!!

Hey SCCA Fiero, I knew the Kit Kar Article was published (I'll have to correct my info, they told me Kit Car 1997), but I never did get a copy of the article. Quite a few changes went into the car even after the article, but heard the article write up was pretty good. The upper end hadn't been opened up yet to improve the breathing. It's like a fine wine, just gets better with age!!!

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 02-12-2003).]

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 12-13-2005).]

exspook

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exspookSend a Private Message to exspookEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was trying to find the car in the December '01 Hot Rod and my source says it's not in that one... any ideas?
Thanks/Chris
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exspook:

I was trying to find the car in the December '01 Hot Rod and my source says it's not in that one... any ideas?
Thanks/Chris

Would be easy to overlook as it wasn't really an article, but picture with caption:

Don't recall the page #, I didn't even know about it until someone posted here on the Forum that it was in there. I missed the Hot Rod Photographer who happened to be at the GM Tech Center Car Show that day, otherwise it may have been more that a picture splash, in which he copied info off my show sheet (he wrote it a little incorrect as well, it's an L98, not LT1). I took third place trophy for GM Modified 1975 to 1995 All Makes/Models, pretty darn stiff competition, and my car was only 2 days out of the paint shop (all panels off - full color change) still requiring some detailing.
PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2003 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for 'Justinjob'

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 02-22-2003).]

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2003 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If I was ever to be able to purchase a already built V-8, it would be this one. I don't know if it's the glow from the hamd's of Shelby, but it has a majical appeal, without a doubt a ALLTIME TOP 5 Fiero!!

Smooth!

------------------
In memory of the family's, friend's and especially the 12 children of the Crew Member's of The Space Shuttle Columbia. February 1, 2003

Rob Ernst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2003 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rob ErnstClick Here to visit Rob Ernst's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rob ErnstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where did you get the Fiero emblem on the front fascia? Also, did you just replace the factory "extra" gauges? Looks like a tach and what other two gauges do you have?
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2003 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks 'Smooooth'

Response on nose emblem and gauges:
Paul McKibben of Fiero Sails (look in Fiero Parts Vendors at top of screen) created the emblem decals for my car after I have submitted some rough artwork of what I wanted. Perfect match on car, artwork below gives you an idea of what the nose and fender badges look like, but they are a lot brighter on the car.

I replaced the factory GT gauges with AutoMeter units, Tach, Volt, Oil Pressure. Factory Tach works as well, but this car is quick, and you don't want to look down when you have your foot in it!

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 02-24-2003).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2003 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, just because I want to be on the front page with Tina!
Mastermind

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 207
User Banned

Report this Post03-05-2003 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you find people trying to challenge you much? If so, do the cars tend to be a certain model or type? What is you most vivid and satisfying memory teaching someone a lesson for challenging you?
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2003 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mastermind:

Do you find people trying to challenge you much? If so, do the cars tend to be a certain model or type? What is you most vivid and satisfying memory teaching someone a lesson for challenging you?

The most challenges come from the cocky youngsters either in their modified jap cars or driving dads new stock Mustang/Firebird/etc. Most of the time I ignore them or if it's roll down your window, tell them they haven't got enough money to make me run. The next group would be your 5.0 Mustang people who want to run everyone, if I spot a nice one sounding mean, I'll run him, others I ignore.

Best Memories of putting people in their place narrows down to 3: Guy with a nice Viper GTS trying to impress his girlfriend, Guy with a Corvette Z06 trying to impress his girlfriend, and 4 guy's in a hopped up Buick Grand National. These were the most memorable because I got to see the expressions of all parties after the run. The ladies were going on to their dates like "Whhhooooooooooo Honey that little car is faster than yours!" The guys in the Grand National all had their chins on the floor, then started started giving their driver hell that he just got smoked by a little Fiero, before they started shouting questions about what I was running.

Most of the time I don't get challenged, but plenty of cars jocky for position to come up along side and really look the car over. The car isn't really loud at idle, but when you start tipping the throttle even midway, you can see peoples heads snap over to look at the car with a very curious or surprised look on their face!!!

Here's a good one that wasn't a challenge, State Police Boys followed me for 6 miles (edge of town 45 limit), I was never over 40 ever before they started tailing me. They flipped on the lights, pulled me over, you know the routine. After informing me that my drivers side window/passenger window must have the top 30% of the tint removed to be legal, they ask to see the engine. LOL, these guys pulled me over to look the car over, no ticket, and gave me a lot of compliments as both of them where hot rodders.

Mastermind

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 207
User Banned

Report this Post03-05-2003 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice stories, I would love to hear specifics regarding the Viper, Z06 and Grand National.

[This message has been edited by Mastermind (edited 03-05-2003).]

TSPalmer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2003 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TSPalmerSend a Private Message to TSPalmerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CK, I've loved your car from the humble beginnings of my Fiero ownership. Thanks for all the great details. Your car is one of the first mentioned in discussions about the unlimitied possibilities in the Fiero.

Shawn

------------------
T.Shawn Palmer
'85 SE 4cyl 5spd
'88 Econo Coupe 4cyl Auto

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2003 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is it about "five-oh" drivers that make them think they're faster than EVERYTHING! Heck, most of 'em would try to race a Saturn V - to top speed!
PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2003 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread is just about at 2,000 views now, and I just would like to thank everyone who choose to post a nice comment about the "California Kid" (which by the way is the car's name). A lot of time, with many people were involved, to bring the car to it's current condition, and the compliments made the owner feel great!!!

I'm not the kind of person who will type out a long story about 'kills', in fact I don't look for people to race. But, I will say that when the occasion arises (because someone's bugging me) the looks on the challengers face (or their passengers) is priceless!!! No one, and I mean 'No One' ever expects a Fiero to perform like this one does. It's actually more fun just to go to a 'Cruise Night', park-pop decklid, sit back, and watch the expressions on people faces (and of course the wild comments they make to their friends, or myself). This car has been 'a dream come true'!

Now if the damn snow would go away I could start enjoying it again (hasn't been on the road since late Nov.), and putting even more modifications into it (yes, I plan to refine it even a little more).

Tom

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 03-06-2003).]

mgbringo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2003 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mgbringoSend a Private Message to mgbringoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have probably answered this before but what color is the paint? Is it Viper yellow or Ferrari fly yellow?

That is one awesome looking car with the drive train to back it up.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT

86gt852m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2003 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gt852m4Send a Private Message to 86gt852m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He stated somewhere that it is Viper Yellow
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2003 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, it's 1998 Viper Yellow, it's the brightest one they ever put on the car.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2003 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bumped for another member.
D-Ri2k4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2003 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D-Ri2k4Send a Private Message to D-Ri2k4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the first time i've ever read this thread... and I have to say... you have one BADA$$ fiero c. kid... I have heard your car from that "listen to it" link in your sig and it sounds fraggin MEAN...

wish i could go to the 20th show to see all these badass cars... hehe...

-DRye

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2003 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely beautiful vehicle. Yes, I'm one of the members who doesn't post much, and I've been reading the forums since early last year....just became a member last month. Your car is a prime example of what most owners want in a Fiero....beauty with the beast under the deck lid! It's a wonderful feeling to have something like your Fiero to show.

Just curious, though....does the Fiero get it's own bedroom in the house, or is the garage immaculate?

Mark

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2003 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys! The car just has a cramped 2 car garage to sleep in (nothing special yet). With interest rates down, I'm going to start shopping for a house with a 3 bay to keep my toys in!
Seanpaul

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2003 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanpaulSend a Private Message to SeanpaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Grate car...some day I will have a nice one too!
Ok, I know this sounds dumb but what is a SBC fiero..?

some sort of club car..??

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock