Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  11.25" LeBaron/Cadillac brake conversion brackets (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
11.25" LeBaron/Cadillac brake conversion brackets by GS Jon
Started on: 04-30-2009 10:54 PM
Replies: 299
Last post by: scott0999 on 07-26-2011 01:44 PM
GS Jon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2009 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Hi all. Wanted everyone to know that I paid quite a bit out of pocket to have a small run of the 10° conversion brackets made for '84-'87 Fieros. There are two sets left. The price is $130 shipped to the continental US for a set of two fronts and two rear brackets. These were milled out of 3/8" mild steel on a CNC machine utilizing the CAD files in this thread:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/048271.html

Here's a video of the machining process:
http://s158.photobucket.com...current=100_4884.flv

And here's a photo of the actual product being sold:

My How-To thread on doing the upgrade:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/101755.html

Please, only inquire if you are TRULY serious about buying. No, I cannot haggle on the price, this is the cheapest I could get them made. No, I'm not seeing a red cent, in fact I paid more for my brackets than you will for your set. Yes, you ARE welcome.

- Jon

EDIT: Now that the initial run of brackets is complete, I'm stepping back and allowing my machinist to take care of all the sales and transactions. Please email him at john@60inclusive.com to request your set.

[This message has been edited by GS Jon (edited 09-08-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2009 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
New pic of the completed brackets:
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2009 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
I'm seriously interested in these if they also work for the grand am swap (same rear calipers, but I'm unsure on the positioning).
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2009 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
The rear brackets are the 10° version for the Seville calipers so you can retain your emergency brake. I didn't see enough info on the 5° sets to think they were worth the risk of building when the 10° brackets were proven to work (at least with some pad trimming).

As of right now I'm not splitting up the sets, but if you'd like to find a buyer for the front brackets you're more than free to do so. You'll have to complete that transaction on your own, however.

My machinist is happy to make more of these brackets, but for the sake of cost we're likely only going to do them in runs of 10. If the rear brackets are a hot item, then we may make extra sets of the rears. It all depends on what the Fiero community wants.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help answer your questions.
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

Maybe I'm just crazy for wanting nice brakes for the Fiero? C'mon, $130 shipped and can be there ASAP. They're already made! No waiting! I thought we Americans were all about instant gratification?
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Got brakes? I do:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Get some brakes... 2 pairs still available.
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

I got my calipers, lug studs and some other parts in today. Once I get my brackets from the post office tomorrow AM, I'll start putting my brake conversion together and post up how fantastic they look.

Maybe then someone will say "Oh hey, maybe I should get into some of that serious brake action Jon's got going on. It would be great to support the community by showing his machinist that there's an interest out there and parts can be had cheaper down the road."

Right?
black4.9

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for black4.9Send a Private Message to black4.9Direct Link to This Post
Do you by chance still have a set left of these brackets? If so I need a set.
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Sure do, I'll PM you with contact info for my machinist who will get them to you ASAP.
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested, just what else is needed to swap the brakes out i know calipers and new rotors but from what cars and years? Do you need new hubs and such machined or can you retain the stock 5x100?
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
I'm working on that list when I have time. It's a bit more involved than the other Seville/LeBaron threads would have you believe. Until I get my writeup complete, please refer to the links in my first post.
PFF
System Bot
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
One set of brackets left!
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Can you part with just the rear brackets?
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Nope. I have the potential last buyer in PMs right now. Will update one way or another.
mid engine monsters

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2009 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
ride z,ill take the front if you get the last set
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2009 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if John will do two transactions to split the set, but it's likely that he will. I'll PM his email address to the both of you so you can work out the details with him.

[This message has been edited by GS Jon (edited 05-21-2009).]

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2009 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
All gone?
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2009 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Shoot John an email at:
john AT 60inclusive DOT com

I think the guys that wanted to split them up wound up being tire kickers. Contact him and see what's going on.
mid engine monsters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2009 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
i sent your machinist an email but i didnt get a response ,maybe ride z didnt want the rear
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
I'll PM both Z and John to try and get things going for you.
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mid engine monsters:

i sent your machinist an email but i didnt get a response ,maybe ride z didnt want the rear

same....

PFF
System Bot
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
Mid engine, sorry about the delay in email due to the long holiday weekend.

Fierofreak, I discovered you sent the reply email to my sales address I use for paypal, not to my john email lol. Replied again.

As far as I have seen from the pics Jon showed me, they are a direct fit (except the trimming of the pads) and believe Jon is working on an "instruction sheet" if his writers block ever went away

Thank you guys for the interest, and all of them will be gone providing the interested in fact purchase.

Since these are being cut on a CNC machine and it takes time to get the machine set up and ready to cut, it's much easier for us to cut several at a time. Please post up if you would like some and I will see what we can do about getting some more made

-John

[This message has been edited by Forced_Firebird (edited 05-26-2009).]

Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2009 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Forced_Firebird:

Mid engine, sorry about the delay in email due to the long holiday weekend.

Fierofreak, I discovered you sent the reply email to my sales address I use for paypal, not to my john email lol. Replied again.

As far as I have seen from the pics Jon showed me, they are a direct fit (except the trimming of the pads) and believe Jon is working on an "instruction sheet" if his writers block ever went away

Thank you guys for the interest, and all of them will be gone providing the interested in fact purchase.

Since these are being cut on a CNC machine and it takes time to get the machine set up and ready to cut, it's much easier for us to cut several at a time. Please post up if you would like some and I will see what we can do about getting some more made

-John

Were do I send the email then?? Or send me one with payment instructions jason_crego AT hotmail.com
mid engine monsters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2009 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
what are the specifics on the rotors i need for the front ,what year lebaron and is it a gtc etc ?
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2009 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
You'll need the same rotors that you use on the rear of the car, I used Bendix P/N 141533. They're for 1990-1994 LeBaron GTCs. From RockAuto they are $29 ea.

As John stated, I am working on a "How-To" that clarifies a lot of the omitted info from the other writeups. It will also include a complete parts list to include where you can get the spacers. I'll put it up once I'm done with my swap and I verify the instructions are complete by tearing everything down again and rebuilding it all using them.

I'll make a new thread and post the link in here for all to read. As I've got a full time job and a family, this writeup may not be done for another week or two. Please be patient. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask them in here and I'll do my best to answer them.
black4.9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2009 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for black4.9Send a Private Message to black4.9Direct Link to This Post
GS the adapters arrived yesterday so now I need to start gathering parts. I don't get to work on this very often as I work 300 miles from where I live and the honeydo list usually takes up most of the weekend when I am home. I would like to see a complete parts list and writeup to help the install although with the info I have right now I can probably figure it out but it would save a bunch of time. The engine swap has been done for 2 years and I have ony driven it twice but the factory brakes are scary, even completly rebuilt on my 85 SE they were not what I would call great. The SE went to my son so I may talk to him about getting another set of these for him being as I just picked up a regal with a 3.8 for him so that he can swap the SE.

Thanks for having these made up.

Bill
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2009 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Bill,

My situation is much the same as yours, but I promise that I'll be working on the parts list and writeup as an order of priority. I'm glad you've got your adaptors, how do you like the look of them? Mine were almost too pretty to paint over, but I did so regardless.

- Jon
black4.9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2009 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for black4.9Send a Private Message to black4.9Direct Link to This Post
If I clear coat them maybe? Nice job an the parts. Does your machinist still have a set left? I sent him an email but no reply. My son now wants a set on his being as I just picked up a Regal with a 3.8 for the swap on his 85.
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2009 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
They may all be spoken for, but John's going to have to answer that question.

If there's enough interest, he's promised that he will make more as long as there's a minimum order of approximately 10 sets. So, if there's anyone else who wants a set, you'd best let him know or you'll never get them.
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2009 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

Were do I send the email then?? Or send me one with payment instructions jason_crego AT hotmail.com

GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2009 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GS Jon:

Shoot John an email at:
john AT 60inclusive DOT com

I think the guys that wanted to split them up wound up being tire kickers. Contact him and see what's going on.

PFF
System Bot
mid engine monsters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2009 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
my payment was sent via paypal already,that should have been all of them
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2009 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
I am still awaiting for the payment for the front set I split up, once that happens they are all sold for now.

black4.9, I have answered all of the emails I have received, not sure why you haven't gotten a reply.

I can make them in groups of 5 I am currently seeing 2 people interested in them (FieroFreak and black4.9), and am willing to make more for sure. I am able to get 4 complete sets out of a bar of stock and would like to run at least the four (complete sets or mix match - 16 pcs total) out at a time since it takes several hours to get the machines setup to make them.

Does everybody want complete sets from here on out, or is the front only a more popular option?

Please post up if you are interested, one more person interested and I will make another 4 complete sets.

In case there is any confusion, my email is john at 60inclusive dot com.

Please be patient with the emails, I get to them in the order they are received, but as GS Jon can attest, I do have three jobs and do the best I can to get them answered in a timely manner.

I

GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2009 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
It's true, John's a busy guy. Unlike some folks though, he IS contactable, just be patient. If you don't hear from him, lemme know in PM and I'll do what I can to alert him.

Here's a little motivational pic for those who have bought, and those who are interested in purchasing these brackets:

Delicious! Let me finish the other side (all cutting on the knuckle is done, just have to trim the inboard pad) and I'll move onto the fronts and I'll complete my writeup and parts list. Don't want to assume anything in this writeup, and while it's taking longer than most are used to, it'll be worth the wait. I promise. It will save everyone a lot of time, wasted money and heartache.
black4.9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2009 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for black4.9Send a Private Message to black4.9Direct Link to This Post
John I recieved your email about an hour after you posted. When you get around to making more sets email or pm me I will still want a set for my son. No real hurry I probably will not do the 3800 swap till later this fall or next spring. Like you there just doesn't seem to be enough time for projects, work and home. GS I am going to wait for you to finish your writeup before I start mine so that I can do it in one day again because of time. I am only home every other weekend and the homeydo list usually takes most of that.
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
OK. Not only did we sell out, I accidentally sold too many brackets...

So tomorrow we will be ordering the stock to make more.

RideZiLightning, still haven't received payment for the rear brackets, you still want them or should I add them into the next run to make another complete set?

Everyone here will be getting theirs in a few days if you already paid, and will post again when the next batch are completed.

Right now there are 2 sets spoken for (if the rears don't sell I will be able to make 5 complete sets with a bar of raw stock)...

Black4.9
Rhino2104 (from another site)
Fierofreak00

Please add your name to the list if you are interested

[This message has been edited by Forced_Firebird (edited 06-01-2009).]

Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Forced_Firebird:

OK. Not only did we sell out, I accidentally sold too many brackets...

So tomorrow we will be ordering the stock to make more.

RideZiLightning, still haven't received payment for the rear brackets, you still want them or should I add them into the next run to make another complete set?

Everyone here will be getting theirs in a few days if you already paid, and will post again when the next batch are completed.

Right now there are 2 sets spoken for (if the rears don't sell I will be able to make 5 complete sets with a bar of raw stock)...

Black4.9
Rhino2104 (from another site)

Please add your name to the list if you are interested

Fierofreak00 Let me know when to send payment! -Jason

Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
Post edited

LOL, I just realized I thought I was sending this set to YOU Fierofreak00, seeing the email was from guitarfreak...

Good, glad to know this batch will be sold before they are even made, I would rather not sit on them for weeks again since it does take man hours, tooling and equipment to make them (ie money).

Good thing I do this for the love of performance parts or my kids would go hungry haha.

[This message has been edited by Forced_Firebird (edited 06-01-2009).]

RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
I got a killer deal I couldn't pass up

Sorry!
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
I am interested but i need to know if the lebaron/ Cadillac rotors require hub machining or new hubs or are they the same bolt pattern? Is it mainly a bolt in with some modifications, and what year rotors and calipers are used? I'm hoping the write up on how to do this answers those questions.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 06-02-2009).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock