Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  11.25" LeBaron/Cadillac brake conversion brackets (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
11.25" LeBaron/Cadillac brake conversion brackets by GS Jon
Started on: 04-30-2009 10:54 PM
Replies: 299
Last post by: scott0999 on 07-26-2011 01:44 PM
GS Jon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2009 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mid engine monsters:

i would like to have the rears if they work,and i think i have been patient for the write up,its been almost 2 months since this thread started and you probably have been working on it longer than this thread and i understand everyone has got a life and stuff to do..me too ,i really understand ,i bought in trusting this would be soon or already accomplished,the front brackets i bought look very good and im not bashing you ,just looking forward to it ,i feel it shouldnt take this long if there is not a problem...please hook us up as promised

You don't understand, there HAS been a lot of problems - none with the brackets, however. Missing info, incorrect parts and quantities of such all conspire to keep this from going smoothly. Why haven't you seen it? Well, probably because you haven't read my blog. Am I going to share it? Probably not, as I feel hounded enough already. Was I overenthusiastic in "promising" a writeup to the community and overestimated the simplicity of the swap? Definitely! I did NOT expect to run into every problem in the book when doing this swap. But, knowing my luck I should have expected it. It was all done with the best of intentions, I assure you. My free time IS spent working on the Fiero, I promise.

Please understand, I was just the guy that did the legwork to get these brackets to the PFF community. I'm not a business partner or associate of John's, and I don't see any of the money that these brackets involve - it bypasses me completely. John is not responsible for what I do or say, and the opposite is also true. So what, exactly, do I owe the community? Nothing. I brought a desired item back to the community when I saw that it wasn't available anymore. I'd say that's a pretty worthwhile contribution.

I will make it perfectly clear: I will not rush my project, nor shirk my responsibility to my job or family to get this writeup complete. I apologize for not getting it done in a timely manner (that's a completely subjective measurement depending on who you talk to), but other priorities will push this writeup to the bottom of the list as the Fiero is a toy, not a daily driver. Do not take your DD off the road if you are dependent on my writeup to get it done.

To all others that had to read this most unfortunate diatribe, I offer a sincere apology. I'm sure if you were in my position you'd understand. I'm getting to the point where I'm tired of doing favors for other people at the expense of my own time and money (aka finding John and convincing him to make these brackets for this community, then paying a good chunk of cash to make it worth his while), just to have them nip at my heels because I'm not moving at a pace that they find suitable. I am slow and methodical, with a healthy dose of OCD worked in for good measure. As such, I will dictate my own schedule. My apologies if my brash and abrasive nature has offended anyone.

- Jon

P.S. I still love everyone here.
IP: Logged
mid engine monsters

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2009 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GS Jon:

You don't understand, there HAS been a lot of problems - none with the brackets, however. Missing info, incorrect parts and quantities of such all conspire to keep this from going smoothly. Why haven't you seen it? Well, probably because you haven't read my blog. Am I going to share it? Probably not, as I feel hounded enough already. Was I overenthusiastic in "promising" a writeup to the community and overestimated the simplicity of the swap? Definitely! I did NOT expect to run into every problem in the book when doing this swap. But, knowing my luck I should have expected it. It was all done with the best of intentions, I assure you. My free time IS spent working on the Fiero, I promise.

Please understand, I was just the guy that did the legwork to get these brackets to the PFF community. I'm not a business partner or associate of John's, and I don't see any of the money that these brackets involve - it bypasses me completely. John is not responsible for what I do or say, and the opposite is also true. So what, exactly, do I owe the community? Nothing. I brought a desired item back to the community when I saw that it wasn't available anymore. I'd say that's a pretty worthwhile contribution.

I will make it perfectly clear: I will not rush my project, nor shirk my responsibility to my job or family to get this writeup complete. I apologize for not getting it done in a timely manner (that's a completely subjective measurement depending on who you talk to), but other priorities will push this writeup to the bottom of the list as the Fiero is a toy, not a daily driver. Do not take your DD off the road if you are dependent on my writeup to get it done.

To all others that had to read this most unfortunate diatribe, I offer a sincere apology. I'm sure if you were in my position you'd understand. I'm getting to the point where I'm tired of doing favors for other people at the expense of my own time and money (aka finding John and convincing him to make these brackets for this community, then paying a good chunk of cash to make it worth his while), just to have them nip at my heels because I'm not moving at a pace that they find suitable. I am slow and methodical, with a healthy dose of OCD worked in for good measure. As such, I will dictate my own schedule. My apologies if my brash and abrasive nature has offended anyone.

- Jon

P.S. I still love everyone here.

first ,id like to say i really really understand about problems , you dont know, and i really do hate you are having so many problems with the swap,first because you are and second because i probably will have the same if i cant wait for your write up .like i said i really understand about problems,i am working a regular job and working on cars at home at night and parting cars out on the weekend to sell on ebay to make ends meet with a wife out of work and three kids and one of them handicapped ,she cant speak see or walk, so i understand about work and family resposibilities so youll forgive me if i havent had time to read your blog ,i read what i can,i cannot shirk on my responsibilities either nor would i expect you to if it came to that ,but i have to try to keep the promises i make to others all these things aside,sorry if you feel hounded by my couple of requests made in the last couple of weeks,you were hot and heavy trying to sell these things every other day then nothing,(look back at all your posts ) and youll see you didnt want to wait 2 weeks for the brackets (look at the original thread ) and youll see why i am puzzled that you say im inpatient and as far as owing the community something,i guess thats for you to decide ,but for me if i talked some people into buying a product and i said i would give them the info they needed i would help them if i promised i would when i could.
i also hate you feel hounded by the favors for no money as you put it,but thats not my fault as i didnt beg you to start up this venture with nothing in it for you ( as you put it also ) and its not my opinion that 2 months for a brake upgrade is slow (sorry ) thats a fact .
i dont understand how you feel rushed and how we are putting you on our schedule( i was just ribbing a little about your progress taking so long) and you got offended when that was not my intention either and now you choose to tell us you are slow and ocd and and not on a time schedule,maybe this little bit of info would have been good at the start to keep the confusion down (or would every body still have bought the brackets?) seems to be an opposite attitude of the posts at the start of all this when you were in such a hurry.in the back of my mind i was hoping you didnt get your brackets and leave us hanging.
i want to apologize for rushing you ,i didnt realize we are from worlds so far apart and not taking into consideration the whole time space continuim issue. i want to apologize also for the long post too and i hope everyone is not offended also,but this could have been avoided by you simply saying ( yes sorry guys ..been busy but im on it )... and yes...we do understand because we all are in the same boat and btw we still love you too,even if you are incredibly slow
sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2009 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Forced_Firebird:

Segio, I sane a PM with the tracking number for you. I don't know how accurate they are for international, and not sure why you didn't receive an email, but sent it anyways

MidEngine, I apologize, but I only make the parts. I talked to GS Jon and he has some personal issues to take care of before finishing the project, but these are the same brackets that people have been using for quite some time here. You should see the rate my twin turbo build ios going lol. been under the knife for 2 years already

lol it says they still havent been picked up but i will check back in a few
black4.9

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2009 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for black4.9Send a Private Message to black4.9Direct Link to This Post
Forced_Firebird I recieved the parts today but haven't had time to open them yet but I fully expect the to be as good quality as the last set. Thank you for doing this for the community.

GS Jon thank you for hooking us up with this machinist and these parts. I am more than happy to wait for your writeup mainly because it will probably be next spring before I can get around to doing it. Like you life is hectic and yes my wife lost her job also.

Again thanks
mid engine monsters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2009 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
i want to say thanks to you both too,i dont want to seem ungrateful for your part in this
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2009 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Meh, no biggie. All I care about is that you all don't hate me because I'm slow and OCD.

Here's a pic to prove there's some progress being made:

Yes, I was able to "apart" the rotor from the hat and make a hub with an angle grinder. I'm taking a break as I did not wear hearing protection and my ears are ringing, and I'm sneezing because I didn't have a mask on. Two big mistakes, don't make them if you're going to do this yourself. I'll be smoothing out the backside of the hub when I get back out there.

If this was the hardest part of getting the front brakes done, I think that this shall go much easier than the rears.

[This message has been edited by GS Jon (edited 06-28-2009).]

mid engine monsters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
good job ,how long did it take to cut those off ? and has the ringing in your head stopped?
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Took about 10 minutes, taking my time. My head's fine, but my sinuses were messed up for the rest of the day. Highly recommended to wear eye, ear and respiratory protection while working on it. RockAuto messed up my order for some 610-323 studs, they sent 610-332's instead. Trying to get that fixed before this long holiday weekend as I'd like to be done with my brakes and writeup before the weekend is done. If RockAuto didn't screw up that order, I'd probably be done as of last night.
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2009 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

Still have one set
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2009 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Oh look, the front brakes went on easy:

Toughest part was dealing with the wrong inner wheel seals RockAuto sent me. That's two incorrect parts (wheel studs and both inner wheels seals) in one order. I'm doing business with our Fiero-specific distributors from here on out. Just spent over $700 with Rodney Dickman (well, once he accepts the order and gives me a shipping total) in tie rods, ball joints, aluminum cradle bushings, and some other goodies.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice? I'm taking my business elsewhere!

I'll be working on the writeup tonight, hopefully it'll be up and posted tonight as well. Hang tight folks!

[This message has been edited by GS Jon (edited 07-05-2009).]

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2009 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
that looks like some nice work on that swap.
PFF
System Bot
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2009 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for being patient, folks. Here's the writeup and parts list. If something is wrong or it's missing something, please let me know so I can correct it ASAP!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/101755.html
mid engine monsters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2009 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
thanks gsjon,looks good ,im going to get cracking on my parts list.
rudytj

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2009 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rudytjSend a Private Message to rudytjDirect Link to This Post
still have a set of JUST the rears?

scott
sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2009 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
wondering when their might e a next batch i have about three cars that wanna do swap but they wanna see the adaptors first i am still waiting.
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2009 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
They want to see the adapters, or do they want to see them first hand? All the adapters I received were well made, and all the threads were clean. Honestly, they're chunks of steel. There's not much to be seen. Of course, this is all just IMHO.
sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2009 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
they wanna see it first hand cuz i have dne the corvette one with my buddy and my other friends want to see if lebaron is just as good. i have ordered a set they just have not shown up yet.
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2009 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Oh, I see. They should be suitably impressed.
sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
just wondering when the next batch will be done
mid engine monsters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
sergio,you and your friends will be pleased with the quality of the brackets and gsjon"s tech write up was good quality too
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
Just so you guys know. The reason Sergio is anxious to get his parts is because I personally made a mistake and refunded him $20 out of the purchase price of the brackets since I sold too many out of the last batch, just to maybe offset the lag in production time (offered a full refund, be he opted to wait for the batch)

I will be going on a long-needed vacation on Thursday and will have the materials in the shop to make another 5 sets when I get back Monday. Sergio is first on the list (of course) but there will be 4 more sets provided there are no mistakes and/or scrap parts.

I apologize they weren't done faster, but this is something we don on the side because we love, and not so much to make money.

Wish me fair-well, and a safe return, but a vacation every 1-2yrs is always going to be fun

-John Caraher
60inclusive dot com
PFF
System Bot
sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2009 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
brake upgrade is on back burner i was just wondering cuz i am off on vacation too and the post office near my house will not let my gf pick them up. so i just wanted to know progress plus i thought it would be a good thing to keep the post current. sorry if it seems i was rushing.

sergio

[This message has been edited by sergioazevedo (edited 08-18-2009).]

Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
Materials will be here tomorrow or Friday
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
Didn't show up today, they promised in the morning. Have a couple things to wrap up tomorrow and Saturday, but am hoping they will be in the machine by Monday.

Who's in for one from this batch besides Sergio?

I hope I got all you guys that have emailed me as well, I'm going to my inbox now to update all that are waiting
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenDirect Link to This Post
Chalk me up for a set! Payment sent!

[This message has been edited by Trinten (edited 08-27-2009).]

Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
Yes, PayPal is fine and they are $130 shipped to the US, $145 to CAN.

Sales at 60inclusive dot com is the paypal addy.

After you there are 3 more sets available.
sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
hey man thanx a bunch. sorry to be a pain
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sergioazevedo:

hey man thanx a bunch. sorry to be a pain

Actually you have been exceptionally polite even though I beefed up you order

I just like giving the niche market somethin, as I am a v6 nut
sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2009 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
i know what u mean i have done a few fieros and i wish their was a machinest that wanted to help. when i needed custom work. no one wants to do niches any more.
SpeedyGSXR

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2009 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedyGSXRSend a Private Message to SpeedyGSXRDirect Link to This Post
Removed........

[This message has been edited by SpeedyGSXR (edited 08-31-2009).]

Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2009 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Forced_Firebird (edited 08-31-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2009 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Removed

[This message has been edited by GS Jon (edited 08-31-2009).]

SpeedyGSXR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2009 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedyGSXRSend a Private Message to SpeedyGSXRDirect Link to This Post
Removed....

[This message has been edited by SpeedyGSXR (edited 08-31-2009).]

GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2009 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Removed

[This message has been edited by GS Jon (edited 08-31-2009).]

SpeedyGSXR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2009 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedyGSXRSend a Private Message to SpeedyGSXRDirect Link to This Post
Complied..... Not looking to make enemies and after re-reading I agree it's best not to add confusion.
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2009 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
OK, s promised, the 20 parts are sawn up tonight, machine is ready for cutting tomorrow On target for shipping Wed.

2 sets sold, 2 sets pending, one uncalled for
sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2009 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
up date? ready to be shipped. plus jon how much needs to be trimmed on the knuckle
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2009 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post

up date? ready to be shipped. plus jon how much needs to be trimmed on the knuckle

Will look like this when it's about right:

Keep in mind that all cars are different, so you may need more or less grinding.
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2009 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post

I am just closing shop at 10:40 my time. Still planning on shipping Wed-Thurs I know you are in CAN and the shipping may take longer than the usual 2-3day priority. As you know we keep good track of our latest ships, just gave you the wrong tracking number for your non-existant order Yours will be the first sent.

-John
PS : actually I feel bad for the PO rep that I spoke with. Wish I had the opportunity to apologize to them...
sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2009 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
thanks guys
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock