Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  11.25" LeBaron/Cadillac brake conversion brackets (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
11.25" LeBaron/Cadillac brake conversion brackets by GS Jon
Started on: 04-30-2009 10:54 PM
Replies: 299
Last post by: scott0999 on 07-26-2011 01:44 PM
scott0999

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post
ok who are we paying I see nothing going on here?
IP: Logged
Fenton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FentonSend a Private Message to FentonDirect Link to This Post
Alright so as long as JimmyS is in we should be fine (PM's him on it)
I've also PM's Forced_Firebird to see how to proceed.

1 - Fenton
2 - GlennGdman
3 - scott0999
4 - sixstringretard
5 - JimmyS - Pending pic of these brakes with 18" wheels.

------------------
---------------------------------
John Fenton
1986 Fiero GT 5 speed

GlennGdman

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GlennGdmanSend a Private Message to GlennGdmanDirect Link to This Post
Let me know what forced_firebird says so we all don't ask him the same question
sixstringretard

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sixstringretardSend a Private Message to sixstringretardDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GlennGdman:

Let me know what forced_firebird says so we all don't ask him the same question

I second that.
Hope forced_firebird still makes them. I asked SpeedyGSXR about the set he makes and he told me his mill was down.
GlennGdman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GlennGdmanSend a Private Message to GlennGdmanDirect Link to This Post
Any word from Forced_firebird? Has anyone tried to contact him yet?
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I now know what this conversion looks like with 18" wheels so I'm in for sure.
Fenton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FentonSend a Private Message to FentonDirect Link to This Post
I've PM's and Emailed Forced_Firebird; waiting to hear back. If anyone else is interested speak up now.
For the full set he wants $140 shipped to the US and $155 shipped to Canada.
I'm going to post in the general section as well to see if anyone else is in.

1 - Fenton
2 - GlennGdman
3 - scott0999
4 - sixstringretard
5 - JimmyS
[/QUOTE]

------------------
John Fenton
1986 Fiero GT 5 speed

Fenton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FentonSend a Private Message to FentonDirect Link to This Post
Got an email from Forced_Firebird on Friday.
He's going to get back to us with info on how this is going to proceed.

------------------
John Fenton
1986 Fiero GT 5 speed

Fenton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FentonSend a Private Message to FentonDirect Link to This Post

Fenton

27 posts
Member since Jan 2009
The subject of 10 degree or 5 degree rear brackets has been brought up.
Not sure if he can do the 5's yet so don't know if this is even an option.
All would have to be the same as that's how mass production goes.

------------------
John Fenton
1986 Fiero GT 5 speed

all4u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2010 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for all4uSend a Private Message to all4uDirect Link to This Post
I have yet to receive my brackets or my money back, I hope everything goes good with your group buy, but I have yet to here from forced firebird about what happened to my brackets. That'll be the last time I send a money order for a group buy. If I would've used a credit card, I would've gotten my money back already. I got stiffed.
sixstringretard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2010 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sixstringretardSend a Private Message to sixstringretardDirect Link to This Post
I think I'm going to pull my name from this group. I talked to the welder here at work, and he has the material to make them in scrap. He said if I get him the blue print he can make them for free....well he will have a favor to collect, but still free for my pocket.
PFF
System Bot
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2010 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
I will go ahead and make the parts and let you guys know when they are ready, won;t accept any money until they are shipping this time to avoid any issues, as well as requiring a signature on all boxes since no only was I out the money for a set that I made (materials, tooling, time), I had to refund the full amount.

I will get with my partner (he owns the machines and does the scheduling) and will update you guys asap.

Originally posted by all4u:

I have yet to receive my brackets or my money back, I hope everything goes good with your group buy, but I have yet to here from forced firebird about what happened to my brackets. That'll be the last time I send a money order for a group buy. If I would've used a credit card, I would've gotten my money back already. I got stiffed.

Again, I never heard back from you on an address via email and sent a money order back to the return address on the envelope, this time requiring a signature.
all4u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for all4uSend a Private Message to all4uDirect Link to This Post
I'll wait for the money order. I asked in the post which address you sent the parts to? I hope you sent the money order to the iowa address and not the villa address.
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post

I'll wait for the money order. I asked in the post which address you sent the parts to? I hope you sent the money order to the iowa address and not the villa address.

Money order came back "invalid address". Please email me john at 60inclusive.com. I guess now we know why the brackets never made it, but not sure why the money order made it back, but the package disappeared? GO USPS Yes, it was Iowa on the return address, perhaps the hand writing is making me see something wrong?

rynelson85

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Direct Link to This Post
Two questions...

1. These are for both front and back brackets right?
2. What else will I need to buy?

Thanks, trying to get the brakes redone on my new car asap and would much rather upgrade!
GlennGdman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GlennGdmanSend a Private Message to GlennGdmanDirect Link to This Post
The brackets are for the front and the rear. As for what else you will need, here is a link to a great writeup and parts list. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/109042.html

Forced_firebird.... What does your timing look like for these?
olaf_fiero27

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olaf_fiero27Send a Private Message to olaf_fiero27Direct Link to This Post
Hey! Can Anyone point me in the right direction for getting the front bracket spacers? That's all I need to finish my conversion!
GlennGdman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GlennGdmanSend a Private Message to GlennGdmanDirect Link to This Post
You can get the Front spacers from McMaster Carr Part Number: 9414T11
all4u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for all4uSend a Private Message to all4uDirect Link to This Post
I have yet to receive my money back or a set of brackets. I'm assuming that I'll be on the next run of brackets..... I sent an email to 60 inclusive and never heard back. What's the deal?
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Forced_Firebird:

I will go ahead and make the parts and let you guys know when they are ready, won;t accept any money until they are shipping this time to avoid any issues, as well as requiring a signature on all boxes since no only was I out the money for a set that I made (materials, tooling, time), I had to refund the full amount.

I will get with my partner (he owns the machines and does the scheduling) and will update you guys asap.

Again, I never heard back from you on an address via email and sent a money order back to the return address on the envelope, this time requiring a signature.

Been 3 weeks since you made this post and yet no word.

1 of the things that gets people going on this kind of stuff is lack of communication.

Are these ready? if not, when will they be ready?
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Been 3 weeks since you made this post and yet no word.

1 of the things that gets people going on this kind of stuff is lack of communication.

Are these ready? if not, when will they be ready?

Yes, you are right. We work the day before and the day after Christmas (Hanukkah for the Jewish folk with us), yet we take a nice long vacation for Thanksgiving. Main reason we didn't want to accept any cash was because of the crunch time wrapping things up to take 2 weeks to relax. We will be going back to work Monday and let you know where things stand on the list of to-do's.

I have yet to receive my money back or a set of brackets. I'm assuming that I'll be on the next run of brackets..... I sent an email to 60 inclusive and never heard back. What's the deal?

I can post the emails back and forth if you like, but they were answered within a day of receipt - email is the fastest way to get a hold of us, will say again, we can't possibly visit every forum every day that we are involved in. The funds were returned to you some time ago according the to the USPS tracking, I am sure the money order was deposited by now, and probably didn't even take note of the date it was issued (package was returned to us, then sent back out again after awaiting reply of address). Same address was written on the bracket box as the money order envelopes, they lost the package, then money order was marked undeliverable/returned, then finally delivered, not sure what the issue was. Please let us know if it was not received so we can yet again take action (well try).

[This message has been edited by Forced_Firebird (edited 11-27-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
Ready for shipping Wed Dec 1st.

Send payment to sales@60inclusive.com.

$140 shipped to USA, $155 to CAN.

Only have time for 5 sets this time guys, sorry, but we are jammed up with holidays rolling around
GlennGdman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2010 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GlennGdmanSend a Private Message to GlennGdmanDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent

[This message has been edited by GlennGdman (edited 11-29-2010).]

GlennGdman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2010 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GlennGdmanSend a Private Message to GlennGdmanDirect Link to This Post

GlennGdman

223 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Edit for double posting

[This message has been edited by GlennGdman (edited 11-29-2010).]

scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post
Payment sent!
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent

------------------

Click here for all your Fiberglass part needs

Fenton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2010 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FentonSend a Private Message to FentonDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2010 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Have these shipped? Seeing you are only a 2 hours drive from me and you said these were shipping last Wednesday Dec. 1st, they should be here by now.
Fenton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2010 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FentonSend a Private Message to FentonDirect Link to This Post
I talked to him over email; he had his calendar wrong.
I think they were to be finished cutting last Friday.
Then he had to tap them and clean them up.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2010 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fenton:

I talked to him over email; he had his calendar wrong.
I think they were to be finished cutting last Friday.
Then he had to tap them and clean them up.

This would have been info that he should have posted up here instead of letting us sit and wonder where our parts are.
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

This would have been info that he should have posted up here instead of letting us sit and wonder where our parts are.

You are right. Sorry about that. Parts are blanked now, hopefully will be done with the day job to get some tapped/boxed and shipped over the weekend.

Still one set left, someone didn't come through after we put the time/effort/money to make them, so it's a two way street

Back to welding headers......
PFF
System Bot
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, fell behind at the shop, they will start shipping tomorrow.

One set left!
scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2010 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post
edit: just got my shipping confirmation, thanks!

[This message has been edited by scott0999 (edited 12-16-2010).]

olaf_fiero27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olaf_fiero27Send a Private Message to olaf_fiero27Direct Link to This Post
Thanks But!! McMaster Carr won't ship that to canada, they won't do it I tried any idea where else I can readily get that, someone willing to sell me some?
scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by olaf_fiero27:

Thanks But!! McMaster Carr won't ship that to canada, they won't do it I tried any idea where else I can readily get that, someone willing to sell me some?

what does this have to do with mcmaster?
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by scott0999:

what does this have to do with mcmaster?

He is talking about the spacers needed for the front brackets.

olaf_fiero27, found a way to get what you need yet?
I found the same pieces at my local Farm and home supply store. Might try places like that. If no luck, get back to me.

Kevin

[This message has been edited by Lambo nut (edited 12-17-2010).]

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
try your local/regional Princess Auto, or steel fasteners shop...
scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2010 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Forced_Firebird:

Sorry, fell behind at the shop, they will start shipping tomorrow.

One set left!

ok USPS Priority only takes 3 business days. I still dont have it, was this actually shipped or just a label printed??
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2010 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by scott0999:

ok USPS Priority only takes 3 business days. I still dont have it, was this actually shipped or just a label printed??

Mine came yesterday (7 days after I got the email with the tracking #) and i only live 2 hours from where they were shipped. I am assuming the label was printed and the brackets were actually shipped 4 days later.
GlennGdman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2010 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GlennGdmanSend a Private Message to GlennGdmanDirect Link to This Post
I received mine today...Thank you!! I think they printed out the labels and shipped them four days later. I now have the rotors and the brackets... Just a few more parts to go.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock