Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  11.25" LeBaron/Cadillac brake conversion brackets (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
11.25" LeBaron/Cadillac brake conversion brackets by GS Jon
Started on: 04-30-2009 10:54 PM
Replies: 299
Last post by: scott0999 on 07-26-2011 01:44 PM
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
I'll take a set to whom do i paypal the cash to?
IP: Logged
87Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2010 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSend a Private Message to 87FieroDirect Link to This Post
Here you go Macs86GT:

Originally posted by Forced_Firebird:

sales@60inclusive.com is the paypal address, and I can still do $130 shipped to the US (+$15 to CAN)

You will have to give us 2-3 weeks to get them cut as we are in the middle of making a big batch of TB adapters to use 65mm TB's from DOHC 3.5's on 3100, 3400 and 3500's - as well as other projects at the speed shop.

Since we are already making them and the machine will be set up for it, we can take more than the 5 orders, but once the machine stops on these, the next job has to go in immediately as these are not a big ticket item for us, we just love the GM v6 community

-John Caraher
60inclusive.com

Forced_Firebird

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2010 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
5 orders confirmed, one pending receipt of money order.

-John
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Sending the cash now forced firebird.
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
Up to 6 confirmed, one pending.
all4u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for all4uSend a Private Message to all4uDirect Link to This Post
Money order being sent out tomorrow. Thanks everyone for waiting up for me. I don't want these brackets, I NEED them, if you saw my brakes currently, you would understand. Thanks again.
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Is there a parts list and write up on this swap. If so i would appreciate a link to it or a copy of it somehow as it will save tons of headaches.
all4u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for all4uSend a Private Message to all4uDirect Link to This Post
I agree with the above post. I get a huge discount at Oreilly's and would be able to get the parts for almost half off. I would like to know exactly everything I would need. Do I reuse my old caliper bolts or get new ones for the new calipers? Do I need a new brake hose?
87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSend a Private Message to 87FieroDirect Link to This Post
Macs86GT & all4u

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/101755.html

This thread contains parts list and step by step instructions, with picures presented by GS Jon. Very well done.
87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSend a Private Message to 87FieroDirect Link to This Post

87Fiero

195 posts
Member since Aug 2004
Sorry, wrong thread.

Try this one:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/109042.html

Sorry,
Tim
opm2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Direct Link to This Post
Whoa,
I just got back from Cabo San Lucas....paypal going out today.

David Breeze

------------------

Pantera Rebody Kits

PFF
System Bot
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks 87 fiero. much appreciated.
all4u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for all4uSend a Private Message to all4uDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I've been working for the past 72 hours straight, so I had my girlfriend send you the money order today. She gave me the receipt but I don't know how long it takes to get to you. She sent it snail mail (USPS). Let me know when you get the money order in the mail. Thanks.
opm2000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Direct Link to This Post
Paypal payment sent.

David Breeze

------------------

Pantera Rebody Kits

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Payment Sent a few days ago.
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Payment Sent a few days ago.

Originally posted by all4u:

Sorry, I've been working for the past 72 hours straight, so I had my girlfriend send you the money order today. She gave me the receipt but I don't know how long it takes to get to you. She sent it snail mail (USPS). Let me know when you get the money order in the mail. Thanks.

Originally posted by opm2000:

Paypal payment sent.

David Breeze

7 confirmed, 1 pending.

Ended up working at the speed shop til almost 10pm after working the nine to fiver, will order the materials tomorrow. We can make 5 sets with a 20' length, since we are on the second length, there's room for 3 more people on this run.

-John

all4u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for all4uSend a Private Message to all4uDirect Link to This Post
Money order is on the way, you can just say that I'm the one that is pending, it won't hurt my feelings, I know you are trying to be professional but that's ok. Like I said, let me know when you get the money order, it will make me feel better.

I wanted to thank all the other people who are ordering this right now, without you, I would have to live with my crappy brakes for quite along time. Thank you everyone!
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by all4u:

Money order is on the way, you can just say that I'm the one that is pending, it won't hurt my feelings, I know you are trying to be professional but that's ok. Like I said, let me know when you get the money order, it will make me feel better.

I wanted to thank all the other people who are ordering this right now, without you, I would have to live with my crappy brakes for quite along time. Thank you everyone!

LOL! Please don't take it personal. All we needed was 5 orders to make this happen, and you guys will have to thank GS Jon and 87Fiero for bringing this back from the dead. Only reason I keep relaying the orders is to let everyone know we received payment, not to make you feel bad We are all in this together.

Too bad no one wants this 38k mile all-original 2.8 I got here on the stand Hate to part it out for the upper intake and valve covers...

One of my machinist buddies has an '88 GT with a 327, he pulled this 2.8 out to go v8 (not the best move IMO LOL).

Cheers,

-John

all4u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for all4uSend a Private Message to all4uDirect Link to This Post
I would do it but with the cost of shipping and the cost of the engine itself, I can't justify spending that kind of cash when there is always a few deals around the chicago land area and it would be cheaper to pick up an engine out here. If I was closer and could pick the engine up, then I'd probably get it. I have a ton of crap that I have bought over the years and that I haven't gotten to install. LOL, I think there are a few others on this board with the same complex.

Anyway, money should be there by the end of the week. Thanks again.
QUIKRIDE86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QUIKRIDE86Send a Private Message to QUIKRIDE86Direct Link to This Post
Are there any rear 10° brackets still available? How much for just them? Steve
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by QUIKRIDE86:

Are there any rear 10° brackets still available? How much for just them? Steve

Since they haven't been made yet, we can do front/rear only if you desire, but it get's complicated with the orders when we do that, so perhaps someone would want front's only to complete the set? Since there's more shipping involved with breaking up the sets, $75 sound fair for 1/2 set?

If you do want 1/2 set, please put a note in the paypal so we don't lose track of the orders.

Thanks,

John
PFF
System Bot
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
I have a question about the parts, probably a stupid question, but what kind of washer was used it says 1/2 washer, and where is a good place to get the parts. I prefer to use new or quality re man or a performance variant of the parts if possible. WOuld these rotors work they have the lebaron listed but the years seem slightly off of their list. They sell drilled rotors for the lebaron gtc, and is it the 15 inch wheel or the ones for the 14 inch wheel. I would think the 15 inch. http://www.buybrakes.com/po...d-apps-Chrysler.html

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 07-08-2010).]

Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post

Macs86GT

2276 posts
Member since Apr 2008
More dumb questions. I'm trying to do a max performance build and i came across these dual piston calipers from http://www.jcwhitney.com/fr...?_requestid=2550795# i wonder if these would work with the swap, and would any of these brake rotors work http://www.brakeworld.com/c...age_id=items&catid=1 or any recommendations?

Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
8 sets confirmed.

Hoping to be about wrapped up with the TB adapters sometime next week, hope to be setting up the machine on Sunday the 18th, so if anyone else wants them, get in on this run! Don't know when the machine will be available again, and it isn't cost inducive for us to make them individually.

-John
all4u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for all4uSend a Private Message to all4uDirect Link to This Post
Cool, he got my money. Thanks for waiting up for me. I'm in no rush to get my brackets, but I was wondering one thing. My girlfriend was the one who sent out the money and I was wondering if she gave you the right address to send the package to. Did she give you the address on Iowa Ave or Villa Ave? Just wondering if she has it going to her house or mine.
mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrDirect Link to This Post
Count me in. I'll send paypal soon.
mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Sent paypal.
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mikejhjr:

Bump. Sent paypal.

Received.

Makes 9 sets so far.

Well a little update:

We had the Brown&Sharp machine break down and we had to focus all our efforts on getting it back online. It's an old machine from WWII, but rarely gives us a problem since it's all mechanical and has nearly zero electronics (obviously). Maybe every 10-15,000 parts or so, we will have a slight snag. It makes tiny parts (up to .5" diameter), and spits a specialty screw/collar/pin out about every 8-25 seconds! I will keep you guys posted, but just wanted to let you know we might be running into late next week since it has already sucked up two days of time where we are making ZERO parts

Please accept our apologies,

-John

[This message has been edited by Forced_Firebird (edited 07-17-2010).]

all4u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for all4uSend a Private Message to all4uDirect Link to This Post
apology accepted and waiting for updates...........
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
Machine has been repaired as of late Wed night. We now have to wrap up the job already started and the adapters are next
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Keep us updated!
PFF
System Bot
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
I will guys

Been working my fingers to the bone, just got done at the machine shop, my partner is almost retired at Uni-Weld and only comes in the eves tue-thurs and all day fri-sun. I stopped by my buddies water jetting shop to see if he had room to do the outside contours and we just mill/drill/tap the holes to see if we could speed up the process, but I forgot how cheap we make these and he was going to charge more than you guys are getting them for!!!!! I will be finishing the last operation on the TB adapters tomorrow, then we have to do a 2nd operation for one of our regulars, then the 1st op on the brake brackets will go in - stupid machine breaking down threw our whole rhythm off
1984SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984SESend a Private Message to 1984SEDirect Link to This Post
If you are looking for a home for the last set you can count me in! Forced Firebird let me know if you will have enough brackets made and I will gladly send you the money via paypal or money order. Which ever you prefer is fine with me! If you do have the last set available please contact me at jnmuraski@gmail.com! I haven't had a chance to update my account here yet as I am very new!

Thanks,

Jake
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
Yes, there will be one set left if you are interested, email sent.

We will be hopefully cutting them by Monday! They take about 35mins for each individual bracket, so bear with us on time, but I will ship them as they come off the machine, starting with the first on the list.

Thanks for being patient everyone

-John
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
I don't need mine until mid Oct. So I don't mind taking the last set.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com 87 Gt-5spd-62k miles.

Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

I don't need mine until mid Oct. So I don't mind taking the last set.

It won't be THAT long between the first and last set being shipped lol. The mill takes about 35mins for each part, they have to be sawn up from a 12' long bar into manageable pcs, then they have to be tapped for the threads (threads are large, don't like doing them on the machine). Probably going to take just over a week start to finish.

They are officially running, though

QUIKRIDE86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QUIKRIDE86Send a Private Message to QUIKRIDE86Direct Link to This Post
I'm installing a rear bumpsteer kit from Held Motorsports and I was wondering if anyone has had any clearance issues with these conversion brackets. The kit is here: http://westshorefabricators...Fiero-bump-steer.htm

Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
Update:

Parts are cut, but not tapped yet. They will start shipping any day, just have to allow me a little time to hand tap these and clean them up before packaging them (80 holes will make one's wrist tired lol).

I think we may have found a solution to producing them a little faster, and we may be able to sell them in single sets to avoid large initial costs! We will keep you updated, but even if we keep cutting them conventionally, I'm afraid to admit the price is going to have to increase on the next batch due to the rising cost of raw materials and tooling, to be determined...

Originally posted by QUIKRIDE86:

I'm installing a rear bumpsteer kit from Held Motorsports and I was wondering if anyone has had any clearance issues with these conversion brackets. The kit is here: http://westshorefabricators...Fiero-bump-steer.htm

It appears to me from the pics that you should be well in the clear for fitment issues since the adapters re no-where near those mounting locations of the bump-steer mounting points, it's just hard to tell from pics on the internet alone weather or not full suspension travel may interfere, but again, it appears not.

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Bump. Updates?
Forced_Firebird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Forced_FirebirdSend a Private Message to Forced_FirebirdDirect Link to This Post
Yup! First 3-4 sets are going out on Monday/Tue (depending how many more I can get tapped tomorrow between the other stuff going on here)

They all had some surface rust on them, so they were soaked in phosphoric acid to give them a "black-oxide" finish, even of you don't paint them,they will last a few years...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock