Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Selling Pontiac CD Players w/EQ + wiring adaptors (Page 9)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
Selling Pontiac CD Players w/EQ + wiring adaptors by kru
Started on: 10-30-2002 11:03 PM
Replies: 521
Last post by: longjonsilver on 04-22-2008 09:17 AM
kru

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2003 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
Once again...
IP: Logged
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2003 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
You guessed it. bttt
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2003 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
Just keepin' it fresh...since the Dells Run is coming up.
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2003 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
Ditto
bhl46

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2003 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bhl46Send a Private Message to bhl46Direct Link to This Post
Finally got around to putting the one I got off of kru in my girlfriends 86 base coupe .She loves it ,sounds great ,major brownie points for me lol.

A BIG THANKS TO YOU Kru

bhl46

------------------
87 GT
85 base coupe

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad someone is getting brownie points from these things. I'm sure as heck not earning any from my wife...
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
bttt one last time before I leave for the Dells...
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2003 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick thanks to all of you that purchased one of my CD packages at the Dells. I sold 15 of them, in all, with promises of a few more orders within days, weeks, months, etc.

I really enjoyed my time at the Dells. My wife probably would have preferred that I didn't stay out until 1 and 2 AM on Thursday and Friday, but you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

Anyway, it was great putting some faces to some names (or User IDs, in most cases). I only wish I could have brought my GT along, but it's still in the process of being assembled.

A special 'shout out' to Tom for allowing me to set up as a vendor and to Fiero John for helping make sure I had everything I needed at my space. I especially want to thank Fred for not following through on his promise to kiss me when he borrowed my wiring pliers...

Hopefully I'll see you at some more Fiero shows this year. At a minimum, I plan on returning to the Dells next year.

[This message has been edited by kru (edited 06-02-2003).]

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2003 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
I must be in the front row. Or should I say on the front page??
bhl46

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2003 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bhl46Send a Private Message to bhl46Direct Link to This Post
bump

------------------
87 GT
85 base coupe

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2003 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
I've got a few left. Again, trades will be considered.
PFF
System Bot
westtexas

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2003 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for westtexasSend a Private Message to westtexasDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM.
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I know you've all got your cars out for the summer. Don't you find yourself wishing you had a CD player while you're cruising around??

Some shows don't count this radio as a non-stock item, but if you're concerned about your stock status, this is the perfect swap for you. It takes 15 minutes (literally) and doesn't require any modifications to the dash or the car's wiring. If you're going to a show where it matters, take 15 minutes and swap it out before-hand. Sounds pretty easy, huh? That's because it is.

tony78ta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tony78taSend a Private Message to tony78taDirect Link to This Post
Thats the same radio that's in my 99 Pontiac Minvan! Theftlock and all. lol

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2003 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
Sure is. They're nice radios.
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
I'm baaaack.
FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Kevin,

Not sure if this is what you are using or not.

AC Delco has the wire harness and antenna adapter as one package now.

The part number is 16140051 ... Runs $20 at GMpartsDirect.com

Hope this helps anyone just looking for wire harness conversion and antenna adapter.

Kev's deal with radio and wire conversion is very well priced.

Loyde

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2003 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
I do very few harness-only sales. That is the same set-up I am using, but I don't get it from them. I find them hard to deal with. If you want to order 10 items, for instance, you pay almost the full shipping charge for each item. I tried to get them to work with me on that but they were being totally unreasonable. Their $20 price is before shipping. They're also not Fiero owners and they don't provide the support that I do...
MikeH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MikeHSend a Private Message to MikeHDirect Link to This Post
Kevin- just ordered one of the up3 packages from your website- can hardly wait to get it- keep up the good work!

------------------
Mike

MRJ

Feedback score:    (36)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRJClick Here to visit MRJ's HomePageSend a Private Message to MRJDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kru:

I have some extra EQ caps, yes. If you paypal (madproducts@hotmail.com) me a couple bucks for shipping, I'll send you two of them.

As for the volume control being 'touchy', that's a very common problem on cars where the radio has gotten wet or haven't been used in a while. I think the contacts get corroded. Usually it will straighten itself out with regular use. If not, maybe you could spray contact cleaner down around the shaft? I wouldn't get too carried away though. Beyond that, the only thing that can be done is to replace the volume control module (which is integrated with the tuner). I've had to do this several times. I can do it for you if you want to send me the radio. It would be $30 and I would cover return shipping.

[This message has been edited by kru (edited 03-03-2003).]

Hey kru back on page 6 I asked ya about this. Are you going to the 20th show and would you be able to fix it there? I've finaaly got my car back from the mechanic and want the cd player to work corectly. Thanks Man!
Matt J

------------------
MRJ
MY 86GT For Sale
More of the 86GT Email ME if intrested!

Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
Any CD/Cass combo's????? OK you all laugh but at least I did not ask for an 8 track player

------------------
86 "PoSE" Needs every thing but 4 NEW Tires!!! They ride better when new, not like after they sit for 3 years!
http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose

PFF
System Bot
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Nothing to laugh at... I'm doing cassette and CD in my car...

Hey Kru.. I'm looking for an adaptor to put the cassette version of this into my car, along with the wiring from the cassette to the disc changer. Can you help?

Thanks.

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2003 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
MRJ - As much as I would like to, I don't think I'll be able to make it to the 20th. My wife has other plans for us on that weekend. I do still have the parts you need though and the offer still stands.

Kento - GM didn't make a CD/Cassette combo that will fit in the Fiero opening. You have three options that might get you where you want to be though:

1) Put a cassette radio in the dash and a remote single CD player somewhere else. I have this set-up, with the cable to connect the two for $190.

2) Put a CD radio in the dash and the remote cassette player somwhere else. Same price: $190 with cable

3) Put a cassette radio in the dash and a CD changer somewhere else. I currently have one GM CD changer, but I think it is sold.

Songman - The adapter package is $35, delivered. I don't have any full-length auxilliary cables for the changers. I do, however, have some extra auxilliary plugs with pigtails. I could send two your way for $10. Then you would just have to splice them together with whatever length of wire you need.

[This message has been edited by kru (edited 07-08-2003).]

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2003 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 04-14-2009).]

MikeH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2003 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MikeHSend a Private Message to MikeHDirect Link to This Post
Hey Kevin- Got my radio today and had it in 15 minutes after the fedex man left. Everything work great and sounds darn good. BTW, I had a little trouble with the blue plug also but found that by inserting a small screwdriver between the socket and the case and gently prying the socket over a little everything fit nicely witout doing the trimming thing. Even got the Perf.sound system to work again. Thanks again for the whole deal-its greatly appreciated.
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
JazzMan - You can try www.installdr.com for pinouts. As for the number buttons, if you want all 6 it's going to get a little expensive. I charge $5 each for them. I would recommend just buying a replacement for the one that is damaged. Shipping would be $1.

MikeH - I have heard of others getting the blue plug in using the method you describe. You may have a problem if you ever need to get it back out if you don't trim it. At least that's been my experience. Thanks again. Enjoy!

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
Jazzman - Just noticed I forgot to answer one of your questions. I believe the only difference between the Monsoon and the regular UP3 is the display cover that says Monsoon and Pontiac in white. I don't have specs on either, but both appear to be identical in every respect other than that. So, basically, you'd be paying $20 more to make your car look a little different from most others who have done a CD swap.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2003 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately, I don't think I am going to be able to make it to the 20th. Man do I wish I could get there though.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
I finally got around to installing the radio I bought from you at the Dells.

I put it into my Blue Fino, looks good works even better.

Thanks

Archie

F86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2003 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F86GTSend a Private Message to F86GTDirect Link to This Post
ok, what do i have to do to get one of these? do you accept money orders? just let me know a shipping address. i want the one with the eq. let me know through pm. thanks in advance.
PFF
System Bot
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2003 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
Archie - Just wish I had that Fino. Thanks again.

F86GT - PM sent. Please send all emails to madproducts@hotmail.com

JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-15-2003 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2003 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
I agree...
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2003 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2003 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
I guess I need to refresh everyone's memory, so it's back to the top...

Jazzman - You should be able to buy the antenna adapter at Radio Shack. My Walmart even has them. $10. If you can't find one, I can send you one for $15, after shipping. I only have one I can spare though.

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2003 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
Just another refresher...
Manic Mechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2003 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Manic MechanicSend a Private Message to Manic MechanicDirect Link to This Post
Are you going to be selling these at FieroRama?
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2003 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
Seeing as how I just purchased a 3800 SC 86GT, I really wish I could make it but.... my oldest son turns 5 tomorrow and we had his birthday party planned before I even realized when Fierorama was. Then we are going to a Cardinal game on Sunday.

However, they are giving away one of my CD kits as a door prize. As part of the agreement, they are going to give me some free publicity and hand out my business cards and price lists, so be sure to drop by and pick one up. Then you can get ahold of me when you get back and I'll set you up.

Medford87Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2003 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Medford87CoupeSend a Private Message to Medford87CoupeDirect Link to This Post
Kru... I will be interested in one in about 2 weeks.
Thanks,

Brandon

------------------
1987 Fiero Coupe
2.5L
5spd
Second Owner

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock