Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Selling Pontiac CD Players w/EQ + wiring adaptors (Page 6)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
Selling Pontiac CD Players w/EQ + wiring adaptors by kru
Started on: 10-30-2002 11:03 PM
Replies: 521
Last post by: longjonsilver on 04-22-2008 09:17 AM
mgbringo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2003 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mgbringoSend a Private Message to mgbringoDirect Link to This Post
I just finished installing my new Kenwood 4 X 10s and 4 X 6 speakers with my Monsoon. Sure sounds good.

Anyone know about the Monsoon having a pre-out? They come with a seperate distribution amp in the new Pontiacs.

Kru is there any chance you could get ahold of the original distribution amps?

------------------
1986 Fiero GT

IP: Logged
Garethster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2003 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GarethsterSend a Private Message to GarethsterDirect Link to This Post
Kru,

Would you happen to have any of those Monsoon UP3's available for shipment to Canada?

If so I'm very interested.

Thanks

Gareth

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2003 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
mgbringo - I can get them, but they run about as much as the radios. $125

garethster - I sure do. It's $5 more for Canada delivery, so the price will be $180 for the Monsoon version. You can Paypal me at madproducts@hotmail.com or send a money order to: Kevin Kruger, 202 Santa Barbara Drive, Effingham, IL 62401.

Garethster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2003 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GarethsterSend a Private Message to GarethsterDirect Link to This Post
Kru,

You have payment via Paypal.

Thanks

Gareth

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2003 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
What color is the backlighting on the Monsoon CD player? I would be interested if it was red. Let me know!

Thanks!

------------------
James Essar
88 Coupe 3.2L V6 With NX Nitrous
92 Mitsu. Eclipse GS (for sale)
94 GMC Jimmy

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2003 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Oh, it's all red and perfectly matches the Fiero dashboard!! I just got a Monsoon from Kru last week.
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2003 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
It is red and I have one left.
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2003 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
The last Monsoon version is spoken for. I will update the original post when I receive some more.

I still have plenty of the regular UP3 packages, as well as a few of the non-EQ Pontiac and Chevy versions.

Brian Lamberts

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2003 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for one of the regular up3 packages. Look for the Paypal $155 payment in the 2-27-03 morning email.

Thanks.

Brian Lamberts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2003 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post

Brian Lamberts

2691 posts
Member since Feb 2003
You have mail!
David DeVoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2003 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeDirect Link to This Post
Kru,
Can you give me an address where I can send a money order? I would like one of the mp3's with equalizer. Also what will the total cost be. I jumped into this thread on page 6 so I probably missed some stuff. Thanks
PFF
System Bot
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2003 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
$155, including insured shipping in the continental US via FedEx Ground. That gets you the CD player, the adapters and instructions. My address for a money order is:

Kevin Kruger
202 Santa Barbara Drive
Effingham, IL 62401

Thanks.

TFS_2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2003 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TFS_2M6Send a Private Message to TFS_2M6Direct Link to This Post
Kru,
I need one of those UP3 Models w/EQ (red display), please look for your PayPal Payment.

Thanks...

TFS_2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2003 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TFS_2M6Send a Private Message to TFS_2M6Direct Link to This Post

TFS_2M6

8 posts
Member since Feb 2003
Hit the backspace key...sorry...

[This message has been edited by TFS_2M6 (edited 02-27-2003).]

mgbringo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2003 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mgbringoSend a Private Message to mgbringoDirect Link to This Post
Here is some info on the Monsoon systems. At the Monsoon site they say the Monsoon systems all include at least 8 speakers and put out at least 200 watts of power.

Hope this helps;
http://www.houston-f-body.org/tech/monsoon/Firebird.htm

------------------
1986 Fiero GT

RossT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2003 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTDirect Link to This Post
So it looks like the Monsoon head unit drives
2 sets of speakers, and a seperate amp drives the rest. The question is, Does the Monsoon system's head units provide more power to those 2 sets of speakers than the regular (non monsoon) eq headunit??
mgbringo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2003 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mgbringoSend a Private Message to mgbringoDirect Link to This Post
Yep that is the way it looks. I am still searching for more info on the unit and amp.

I just won a Monsoon amp on Ebay for pretty cheap so I will be hooking that up as soon as I get it. Can do it now with the wiring diagrams. And I will be adding my two 6 inch subs to it.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT

David DeVoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2003 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeDirect Link to This Post
Kev,
A money order is on its way, you should get it Mon or Tues. Now for some speakers
turbotoad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2003 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbotoadSend a Private Message to turbotoadDirect Link to This Post
I want one of the UP3's. You have P.M.
turbotoad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2003 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbotoadSend a Private Message to turbotoadDirect Link to This Post

turbotoad

1392 posts
Member since Jul 2002

Originally posted by turbotoad:

I want one of the UP3's. You have P.M.

Kevin,

The money order for (1) UP3 unit has been put into the mail.

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2003 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post
You have a PM
PFF
System Bot
sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2003 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetDirect Link to This Post
Hi. Maybe someone can help me here. I'm trying to get my CD player installed in my '88 and am having a heck of a time. The new player is deeper than the casette was and is hitting a plug attached to the HVAC ducting under the dash. Do I just loosen the plug and move it out of the way?

Neil

Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2003 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
Pull the connectors off to the drivers side, there is an opening that the adapter connectors will fit through. Pull them from behind as you are installing the radio. DO NOT remove the rear radio support, the fascia is not even close to strong enough to support the weight.
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2003 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm. Never heard of that one before. It's not the bracket at the back of the opening that it's hitting? I know some people have had to remove it because it keeps them from getting the radio in all the way. I didn't find this necessary though. I used the technique that Electrathon describes. You also want to make sure it's not the antenna adapter getting pinched in there somewhere and hanging you up.

If not, is this HVAC plug on a harness? Maybe it could be moved up out of the way and secured using a wire-tie? Or maybe you can unplug it or loosen it, as you say, and then attach it again once the radio is in? I'm grasping a bit here, because I have never heard of this problem and I have sold ALOT of these radios.

Keep me posted.

sspeedstreet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2003 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetDirect Link to This Post
Well, apparently I have something odd here. I retained the rear triangle support by moving it back about 3/16" and re-riveting it in place. I know a lot of people say they just remove it, but there is no way my facia would support the weight of that radio. Anyway, it's not the support that is interfering, it's the fact that upper half of the player is deeper (I guess for the CD diameter) and is hitting this plug. I know this is hard to picture, I'll post a photo tomorrow.

Neil

[This message has been edited by sspeedstreet (edited 03-01-2003).]

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2003 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
I just talked to another person that bought one of these radios and put it in an 88. He had the same problem. Apparently the plug block you referenced was relocated for the 88 models because I don't remember this being a problem on my 86.

Anyway, what he did to get around it was remove the 7mm sheet metal screw that holds the plug in place and push the plug up out of the way. After you get the radio in, the plug will settle down and rest on the top of the radio, but that is fine.

Hope this helps.

sspeedstreet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2003 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetDirect Link to This Post
Well, I'm glad to find out it wasn't just me. I kept reading all of the above replies about how easy it was to install and I was starting to get a complex. So, here's a picture of the offending plug:

Thanks again,

Neil

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2003 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad you brought this to my attention. I will be adding it to my instructions.
Brian Lamberts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2003 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post
Kev:

Did you get the unit sent on Friday? Any chance of getting a tracking #?

Thanks,

B

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2003 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
Glad you reminded me Brian. I need to email tracking numbers from Friday to quite a few people. It's been a hectic weekend. My wife was out of town, so I was babysitting our kids. That tends to limit productivity...
MRJ

Feedback score:    (36)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2003 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRJClick Here to visit MRJ's HomePageSend a Private Message to MRJDirect Link to This Post
Hello Kru I'm curious if you have any extra buttons for the Equalizer on this? Well I didn't ge tthe system from you but I got it at a junkyard kindof crazy to be able to rip it out of a car from the outside. Hope no one was killed in it but just curious if you have like two of the buttons that goes over the eq tabs. Thanks let me know. Also ever had a problem with the volume not wanting to go down?
Matt J
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2003 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by kru:

I need to email tracking numbers from Friday to quite a few people...

Got the money order in the mail first thing yesterday. By the way if you try to email me by using the "email" button on this post I'll never receive it - evidently the free email service I had to use to subscribe to PFF has died (the REAL email that I pay for couldn't be used to subscribe for some reason!). PM is probably best.

------------------
88 Fiero GT 90K miles
91 Beretta 295K miles

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2003 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
I have some extra EQ caps, yes. If you paypal (madproducts@hotmail.com) me a couple bucks for shipping, I'll send you two of them.

As for the volume control being 'touchy', that's a very common problem on cars where the radio has gotten wet or haven't been used in a while. I think the contacts get corroded. Usually it will straighten itself out with regular use. If not, maybe you could spray contact cleaner down around the shaft? I wouldn't get too carried away though. Beyond that, the only thing that can be done is to replace the volume control module (which is integrated with the tuner). I've had to do this several times. I can do it for you if you want to send me the radio. It would be $30 and I would cover return shipping.

[This message has been edited by kru (edited 03-03-2003).]

nyte2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2003 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nyte2000Send a Private Message to nyte2000Direct Link to This Post
I am inteested in getting a unit for my 87 gt. I would like to know if you have any left. hopefully one that has cd player. thanks.
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2003 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
Yes. I have quite a few, with more on the way. $155, including shipping in the continental US via Fedex Ground. I accept Paypal as madproducts@hotmail.com or money orders at:

Kevin Kruger
202 Santa Barbara Drive
Effingham, IL 62401

Brian Lamberts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2003 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post

Glad you reminded me Brian. I need to email tracking numbers from Friday to quite a few people. It's been a hectic weekend. My wife was out of town, so I was babysitting our kids. That tends to limit productivity...

Not a problem.

It was actually warm yesterday (Sunday) in Reno, so I was out in the apt. complex parking area doing some stuff on the car and wanted to know how long Fredex would take to bring my new stereo. The answer is Wednesday. Woo woo!

thunderracing91

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2003 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thunderracing91Send a Private Message to thunderracing91Direct Link to This Post
So $155 gets me the cd player with equalizer and everything i need to hook it up. Plus shipped to my house??

Thanks
Thunder Racing

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2003 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
That is correct.

Did you get your V8 GT sold?

thunderracing91

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2003 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thunderracing91Send a Private Message to thunderracing91Direct Link to This Post
Wow that is a deal! I will be interested in getting one in a couple weeks. I did get the V8 sold. The guy is from oklahoma. I am in the hunt for GT wheels for my 85GT so thats why I am holding off on the CD player.....

That is correct.

Did you get your V8 GT sold?

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2003 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
I created a website for these radio packages.

It doesn't have absolutely all the information on it yet, but it does have more pictures and what-not. Check it out:

http://users.consolidated.net/kkruger/retroradio.htm

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock