Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Harry Potter must go. (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 24 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24 
Previous Page | Next Page
Harry Potter must go. by Joe Torma
Started on: 11-18-2001 01:58 PM
Replies: 931
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 02-04-2002 08:13 PM
JSocha

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joe Torma:
Geez...what's the record for # of thread pages anyway?

Here at PFF, I only know and believe it still was the FieroLisa thread at 30 pages before it imploded upon itself and reset itself back to 10 pages, which could in a way validate if not support btoth's hypothesis!

And now page 8!

IP: Logged
sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Anybody want to buy a Harry Potter lunchbox? Magically changes that bologna sandwich, chips and apple into a Thanksgiving feast! Only $299.95!

No seriously, they sell this stuff at Wal-mart (except for the changing it into a feast part). Along with toothbrushes, toothpaste, sheets, pillows, video games, board games, etc. AHHH! It's driving me insane!!! Why the hell is it so popular now!??

------------------
-Adam
sqoach@yahoo.com

^^^^^new project^^^^^

• 86 SC 2.5L 5spd
  • IP: Logged
    Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
    Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
    bologna chips and an apple IS a feast!

if you eat them out of a HP lunch box :c()

it is magic - $$$ for walmart anyway!

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
    Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
    Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
    I don't subscribe to this theory, but there are a small number of people who believe that the whole "alien" thing (everything ever having to do with "aliens", "alien abductions", etc.) is a ploy by Satan to give himself a way to "appear" to people (exactly as the "mother race" described here) and be able to dismiss God and take many followers.

Again, I don't subscribe to this, but I don't believe in aliens either.

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
    There are biblical references that in the time of Noah, fallen angels bred with human women, and created a halfbreed race of super-humans

and that it got to the point that Noahs family was the only one left whos gene pool wasnt corrupted

and that is the real reason why God caused the flood - to wipe out the mutant race.

and now again we have beings attacking people at night - who some people see and who some cant see - who defy the laws of physics and who seem to be interested in interbreeding with humans.

Jesus said when the end of the world is about to come it will be as it was in the days of Noah - maybe this is what He was referring to.

DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
    Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ken Wittlief:
    There are biblical references that in the time of Noah, fallen angels bred with human women, and created a halfbreed race of super-humans

and that it got to the point that Noahs family was the only one left whos gene pool wasnt corrupted

and that is the real reason why God caused the flood - to wipe out the mutant race.

and now again we have beings attacking people at night - who some people see and who some cant see - who defy the laws of physics and who seem to be interested in interbreeding with humans.

Jesus said when the end of the world is about to come it will be as it was in the days of Noah - maybe this is what He was referring to.

Doesn't the Bible (KJV anyway) actually refer to the interbreeding of the sons of God and the daughters of man? Fallen angels would be one interpretation but I'm not sure the wording neccessarily implies they were fallen.

I do agree the main point of the flood seems to be to cleanse the world of those with impure heredity, although the reason this was neccessary is a bit unclear. I don't think Noah and family were the only survivors. They are either just symbolic or were just the only survivors whose 'begat' line was important...

It seems to imply that not only was man created in God's image, but we are also genetically compatible. Now... what if God refers to a group AND an individual at the same time? This gives some support to the theory that we were seeded here by a much older species.

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
    Well, looks like its time for somebody to put a "fanatical" spin on this thread. So I will. HEY! Its a tough job, but you know, somebody has to do it.

Part I:
    As you already know, I don't believe in a Heaven or Hell, let alone a God. I believe in est we are our own Gods and the Bible is nothing more then a guide to reach that level.

But for a moment, I'll just say there is a God, "Me forbid" of course.

Lets start with the creation of the Heavens and Earth, light and dark, yada, yada, yada...you've heard the fairy tail yourself.

We all understand the story as the world was created in 7 days, give or take a few million or billion years as this was apparently only to put things in perspective as somehow our tiny little brains wouldn't have been able to phantom the concept of this amount of time. Makes you wonder why.

Not to say, a slow unefficient worker if you asked me. But of course God was allowed to be slow as apparently he started this business and had no partners or anyone else for that matter at the time to guage his progress and efficiencies.

Okay, so like this God dude, who comes out of nowhere just decides he's board one day and says "Man here's a void that I feel needs something in it. I know, I'll create the Heavens and Earth as I'm sure there are no patents, along with water, air, light, dark and celestial stars.".

Well, aside from being, well...the only being at this time, this would now have to support the possibility of an Intelligent Alien race as he is apparently not from this world. So in est, we have been visited from a visitor from someplace else.

But, through some hocus pocus...BAM! The world as we know it today now has been created.

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post

JSocha

3522 posts
    Member since Apr 2001
    Part II:
    Okay, so sometime in the creation of the world, he decides to create life and decides he will make cute fuzzy animals and the like and eventually man who will name these animals and then a woman to keep him company and of course in his apparent own image.

So with a wave of his hands...BOOM...they too are created.

Here's some questions to ponder. Were the dinosaurs mentioned in the Bible...or did it just start at all the animals and Adam and Eve as we have been told?

If not, was God involved in a very bad scientific experiment? Have a chemistry set of some sort and just didn't want anybody to know about his scientific failure or failures?

Or how did these creatures come to be way before the animals and Adam and Eve? Including evidence of pre-historic man that predates Adam and Eve?!

Okay lets move on to the Virgin Mary and Joseph.

Living together but not married is the way I have always understood this part of the story, so bare with me if my teachers when I was growing up were wrong.

Immaculant conception?!?!?!?! God visits the Virgin Mary and some how impregnates her, Joseph finds out, plans on leaving her, gets visited by an angel...the whole nine yards.

Somehow here, I once again see a visitation to our planet from our Alien friend again who decides his first unknown goof ups with prehistoric life now has to be proceeded by more scientific experiments, this time being on unsuspecting women (maybe men...as who knows, he might have swung both ways during this time.).

Or, as us guys know, or at least many of us should know if you don't, that you don't have to have penetration to get a women pregnant.

Little fooling around, petting, pleasure, dry humping, what not...and with just a little baby batter and moisture...baddah boom...baddah bing...those little guys are off and swimming for the finish line!

So, I strongly believe, like any other human being or species throughout history, Mary who I will believe for a moment was a virgin and Joseph were just caught up in the heat of the moment, got a little carried away, some pre-baby batter got loose and Mary got pregnant.

OH NO! How is she going to explain this one to her family, friends, let alone Joseph? Anybody out there got "unexpected" kids should know what I'm talking about.

So they come up with a story, because I know for sure they had there ways of checking the virginity of a woman and there reputation back then just like they still do today, and came up with this fantastic story about God impregnating her and Joseph was going to stay by her side to support her. If nothing else, also because he possibly had a problem with meeting women in the first place and new he had a snowballs chance in a dessert of finding someone else.

Notes to self: Why did he need a virgin in the first place? Why specifically Mary? Why not some other virgin from the village?

Okay...that is my explanation of that.

Now lets move on to the birth of God's so called son Jesus.

9 months later, bam, out springs little Jesus Springer. Well, now Mary and Joseph are really in the hooplah because Joseph and Mary can't admit to premarital fooling around because that is just not accepted.

Bright star over Bethleham...COMET Three wise men...a bunch of old farts.

So they raise their new son under this belief that some supreme being got his mother pregnant and he will be the savior of the world or something like that.

So the kids ambitious if not brain washed or knows the true story behind mom and dad <wink, wink> and doesn't want to let them down.

So, his secretary (probably his parents) who record all meetings that little baby Jesus has over the years only report the good things and not the bad things and perpetuate the lie they wish everyone to believe, else they be cast out for their premaritial excapades.

Joseph to Mary: We better not write that our son Jesus visited Madam Bertha's brothel today and became a man. Won't look good after publication. And don't worry honey, all boys masterbate at that age. I did. Remember that night honey? <wink, wink>

Years go by, its written of all the positive things that they wanted reported and all negativity left out. Hey, we all do it, even in war.

Time comes, Pontious Pilot hearing all the things he has been doing and people not like it decides to allow the people to decide what his fate should be.

Well, who knows. Maybe Jesus was corrupt all that time, people were tired of being scammed. Those that thought they or their love ones were healed dropped dead shortly after and they wanted to see him crucified. But Mary, Joseph and whomever else decided to embelish the story, so they right it from their perspective, to which everyone follows today.

OOOOPPPPS! Almost forgot the most important part. God, our Alien visitor and mad scientist after three days revisits the planet and decides another experiment needs to be performed because he's board. Lets me try to reanimate dead things.

There you have it. My fanatical view if not my brief parody on this subject. For your sakes, I won't continue on my fanatical rant for other discussions on the topic.

And if some of you fanatical "Bible Thumpers" (j/k!) don't see this post as somewhat funny, then ie, you're telling me your God that you believe in does not have a sense of humor, especially if I'm one of his children. But if you look around you, you will have to see his abstract humor if not mistakes.

DISCLAIMER: This post is a Parody of the way JSocha views religious based threads. No mention of Satan; aka: Lucifer; Bahhuzabub (sp?); The Man; Devil; Evil One; etc., was used in this thread, not because JSocha has a belief in such being...because he doesn't...but views religious worship to something that is more or less intangible. JSocha however does worship the ground beautiful, skimply clad and/or naked women walk on though! Ladies are worth idolizing!
    Loki

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
    Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
    Umm, WOAH!! I need some pot after that

Oh wait I dont smoke.Maybe its time to start hehe Some VERY interesting things being said in this thread. VERY!!!!

------------------

"All Fieros broke right now" :(

Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
    Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
    Maybe if there is a god, this creation thing is like a game. You know, an ever expanding universe that he creates plantes and things, chooses where life exists and stuff. Like instead of SimCity...SimCreation?!
    And the game is over when the universe collapses and then he/she/it can start over!

Hey...who created the creator?

btoth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for btothSend a Private Message to btothDirect Link to This Post
    JSocha - I think your book would be better than mine.
    PFF
    System Bot
    btoth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for btothSend a Private Message to btothDirect Link to This Post

btoth

1284 posts
    Member since Jun 2000

Originally posted by Voytek:
    And how did this other civilization come to be? Maybe they were created by another civilization?

Yes, probably. Haha.

[This message has been edited by btoth (edited 11-28-2001).]

DRH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
    If a species (God) figured out how to time travel it could go back and create itself. Then it's existance would be circular, and therefore eternal, and there you go...
    DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
    Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
    DRH: that would make a very interesting book...

just an aside, I do believe that many of the ancient gods were in fact extraterrestrials.. and their technology was regarded as magic and miracles. every thing that was said to be performed as a physical miracle, we are capable of understanding with our knowledge of science. imagine what we'll be able to do in 50 years... an alien species that has had a few hundred years of advanced technology would be so far ahead of us, it'd probably appear to be magic, even to us... I totally could understand why they'd be considered gods.

------------------
    steve@fieroproject.com
    http://www.fieroproject.com

DRH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DaRkLoRD:

an alien species that has had a few hundred years of advanced technology would be so far ahead of us, it'd probably appear to be magic, even to us...

What about a few billion. Lastest scientific theories put the universe into the low teens of billions of years old. The earth is around 4 billion. Someone else could easily have been around many billions of years before us.

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
    Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
    JSocha
    missed the first BIG ERRORS
    earth and " the heavens "
    were not maded at same time,
    only off by 9,000,000,000 years or so.

and earth in bible is prelight
    dark and formless but made before
    the "let there be light" is said
    and we now know that much of the earth
    had to be made in a star that went super-novi
    to make iron and heavier elements.

earth made on DAY #1 , SUN made on DAY#4????
    even long days BS can get around WRONG order of creation as SUN was before earth and both after light.

PART 2
    mom mary was called a WORD meaning young woman misstranlated as virgin
    WIFE MARY of magdalene and fate of HIS KIDS
    as kings of France, the church tryes to hide
    to this day but desendents still live in france!!!!! was on TLC last night on tv!!!!

------------------
    Question wonder and be wierd

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
    The "fallen" race were called Nephalim.

They had to be the spawn of fallen angels, because angels were only given free will for one decision, essentially, and any "non-fallen" angels messing around with people would have fallen, since extra-marital sex is a sin.

The Bible is very clear that Noah's family was pure, and are the only ones to have survived the flood, and that, only by His hand.

That isn't to say it's not possible that Nephalim once again roam the earth...there are enough "Goliath"s around (Andre the giant would have been a prime candidate) that it's clearly a possibility. I personally believe God put an end to that long before the Flood, and used that in part to complete the destruction of their lineage.

I really don't want to get into JSocha's posts, since they were purely for fun, but realise this; to call the Bible a liar is and can be VERY offensive to the majority of people here. (just saying...)

That said, pre-marital sex wasn't just "frowned upon", other than all-out rape, it basically didn't exist in the Jewish community in Joseph's time.
    People didn't just sneak around and "get away" with things back then, they had a LOT more respect and responsibility than we do now...it was a completely different culture.

To assume that they were "heavy petting" and the Bible called it "supernatural conception" is ludicrous. (sp?) You're calling the Bible a liar. I know you were trying to be cute, but I'd suggest being more funny, and leaving real subjects alone more when doing this.

Mmkay?

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

TRiAD

4464 posts
    Member since May 2001

Originally posted by ray b:
    JSocha
    missed the first BIG ERRORS... ...mom mary was called a WORD meaning young woman misstranlated as virgin
    WIFE MARY of magdalene and fate of HIS KIDS
    as kings of France, the church tryes to hide
    to this day but desendents still live in france!!!!! was on TLC last night on tv!!!!

Um, let me digress...

HOLY CRAP!!!! "IT WAS ON TLC ON TV?!" WHAT ARE YOU, RETARDED?! "THE CHURCH TRIES TO HIDE HIS KIDS"?! ONLY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH STILL CONTENDS MARY'S VIRGINITY, THE PRODESTANT CHURCHES WOULD PROBABLY HAVE THESE GUYS AS THEIR LEADERS, IF THEY EXISTED!!

J E S U S - W A S - N E V E R - M A R R I E D ! - J E S U S - N E V E R - H A D - S E X !! - J E S U S - N E V E R - H A D - K I D S !!!!!!!

MAN, YOU ARE THE SINGLE MOST IGNORANT ASS I HAVE EVER HAD THE DISPLEASURE OF MEETING!

Good day.

Loki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
    And of course we all know this from a book. Calm down for goodness sakes man. Sheesh.

------------------

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
    Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
    Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
    I haven't read much of JSocha's stuff yet, but my attention was somehow caught by the question of "why Mary... why not some other virgin".

Mary was chosen because of her lineage from David. This was prophesied in the Old Testament, that the Messiah would be one of David's descendants. Christ is not of Joseph's lineage because Joseph was not His father (contrary to some others' opinions here).

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Loki:
    And of course we all know this from a book. Calm down for goodness sakes man. Sheesh.

Man, there is SOOOO much more to it than "some book"...

It will never make sense to anyone who hasn't personally experienced the power of the Holy Spirit, or the power of a daily relationship with the Living God...

I know I shouldn't be suprised...your eyes have been closed...but it's still very frustrating...

PFF
    System Bot
    ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:
    Um, let me digress...

[b]HOLY CRAP!!!! "IT WAS ON TLC ON TV?!" WHAT ARE YOU, RETARDED?! "THE CHURCH TRIES TO HIDE HIS KIDS"?! ONLY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH STILL CONTENDS MARY'S VIRGINITY, THE PRODESTANT CHURCHES WOULD PROBABLY HAVE THESE GUYS AS THEIR LEADERS, IF THEY EXISTED!!

J E S U S - W A S - N E V E R - M A R R I E D ! - J E S U S - N E V E R - H A D - S E X !! - J E S U S - N E V E R - H A D - K I D S !!!!!!!

MAN, YOU ARE THE SINGLE MOST IGNORANT ASS I HAVE EVER HAD THE DISPLEASURE OF MEETING!

Good day. [/B]

SO YOU WERE THERE AND SAW THAT HE NEVER HAD SEX?????? all the time????
    BOOK holy grail holy blood is source of this story about church and children of JC
    insults typical of christian's responce to facts they don't like !!!!!
    SADLY SO IS KILLING HERITIC'S

------------------

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12549 posts
    Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by Cheever3000:
    I haven't read much of JSocha's stuff yet, but my attention was somehow caught by the question of "why Mary... why not some other virgin".

Mary was chosen because of her lineage from David. This was prophesied in the Old Testament, that the Messiah would be one of David's descendants. Christ is not of Joseph's lineage because Joseph was not His father (contrary to some others' opinions here).

SO WHY THE LIST OF BEGATS DAVID TO JOSEPH to JC and NO LISTING OF MARYS ancesters in Bible??????

------------------

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:
    SO WHY THE LIST OF BEGATS DAVID TO JOSEPH to JC and NO LISTING OF MARYS ancesters in Bible?
    My mistake... the Bible describes BOTH of them as being from the house of David. See Matthew chapter 1 again, and the book of Ruth in the Old Testament. But it was traditional for the Hebrews to only record the father's lineage, yet in this case it was important to tell the mother's.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 11-28-2001).]

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
    Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
    DRH: I was being conservative.

------------------
    steve@fieroproject.com
    http://www.fieroproject.com

Loki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
    I know its more than "some book" sheesh. No I dont goto church, and no I dont read the bible. And no my eyes are not closed. I belive there is "something" to it all. But im an open minded peron. I dont disbelive in GOD. BUT!! Whats to say that said "some book" was just writin as a fiction book would be writin in our time???? There is ALOT of things to consider in all of this and everyone in posts before me have alot of interesting things they said. Im sorry YOUR frustrated that my eyes are so called "closed" But each to his own.....

------------------

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
    Wonderful. I now see page 9 coming!

WARNING: I'm not checking for spelling as my computer is acting goofy here at home tonight...lost all images and only see boxes.

Triad, please chill a bit as there was a reason to my parody, one of them was NOT to insult, but to break some of the mundane mononity that is occuring here. If it bothered you, I'm truely sorry that it made you feel that way. It wasn't my intention.

Its getting way too serious in here, but humorous at the same time.

I somewhat if not somehow find this thread amusing.

At times, some of you guys remind me of an old married couple.

For example, a married couple both go to the same art gallary but at different times during the day not knowing that the other had also visited at some point and see the exact same beautiful painting which had caught their eyes during their visit.

When they are both at home, they talk about their day and how they went to the art gallary and how they both seen this absolutely beautiful painting and wished the other could have seen it.

They each describe the painting they saw and how beautiful it was.

They argue back and fourth that the painting they had saw was more beautiful then what the other one had seen and that they should have seen it to understand what they were describing.

They were so overwhelmed in what they believed in to be the only viable description of beauty.

Though they felt their descriptions were were entirely different to that of the other, they were in fact describing the same "EXACT" painting, but not seeing let alone realizing that their conversations were parallel. They were lost in the symantics of their discussion, ie, confusing the other that they were describing something different.

If that makes sense. Kind of the "Can't see the forest beyond the tree." scenario.

I'm not an expert on the bible, let alone religion. I really wonder if there is an expert? Anywhooo...

Now if you will all excuse me, at least I believe "my" cows are coming home where I don't have to discuss this issue.

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
    Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
    Not asking anyone to believe what the Bible says, but at least you should have a chance to know it accurately, and not hearsay.

Jeremiah 22:30 God puts a curse on Jeconiah (Coniah), a wicked king, and declares that none of his descendants will ever sit on the throne of David again.

Problem here, the messiah is supposed to be a descendant of David and rule on the throne.

Luke 3:23 and onward, then traces Mary's lineage back to show that her offspring qualifies to make a claim to the throne, but she is not from Jeconiah's lineage.

Matthew 1 has Joseph's lineage, which is through Jeconiah, and entitles his descendants to the throne except for the curse. So if Joseph was the biological father, Jesus would have been disqualified. That's why verse 16 says "And Jacob BEGAT Joseph THE HUSBAND of MARY, of whom was born Jesus..." The wording is intentionally clear that he is NOT the biologic father. But Jesus being Joseph's adopted child, Jesus gains access back to the throne through David's lineage.

THAT is why the virgin birth is so important. Really, I don't care if you believe the Bible is true or not, but it is very careful to NEVER contradict itself.

Once Jesus was born, there was no need for Mary to continue to be a virgin. In fact that would have been evil, because she wouldn't have been fulfilling her role as a wife to poor Joseph. So in fact, after Jesus was born, they did have sex as you would expect any married couple to do, and they had several children.

Just an FYI.

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
    Thanks, FL.
    But I really want to know Hugh's take on all this. He seems to be an intelligent, reasonable, common-sense kind of guy. Not just some Gilligan who doesn't have a clue. I respect his opinion, and look up to him as a long-time PFF member who seems to have it all together and knows where it's at. So, how about it Hugh, if you're watching all this? Illuminate us with your wisdom, we beseech thee!
    hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
    Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
    HUH?
    ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2001 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by frontal lobe:
    Not asking anyone to believe what the Bible says, but at least you should have a chance to know it accurately, and not hearsay.

Jeremiah 22:30 God puts a curse on Jeconiah (Coniah), a wicked king, and declares that none of his descendants will ever sit on the throne of David again.

Problem here, the messiah is supposed to be a descendant of David and rule on the throne.

Luke 3:23 and onward, then traces Mary's lineage back to show that her offspring qualifies to make a claim to the throne, but she is not from Jeconiah's lineage.

Matthew 1 has Joseph's lineage, which is through Jeconiah, and entitles his descendants to the throne except for the curse. So if Joseph was the biological father, Jesus would have been disqualified. That's why verse 16 says "And Jacob BEGAT Joseph THE HUSBAND of MARY, of whom was born Jesus..." The wording is intentionally clear that he is NOT the biologic father. But Jesus being Joseph's adopted child, Jesus gains access back to the throne through David's lineage.

THAT is why the virgin birth is so important. Really, I don't care if you believe the Bible is true or not, but it is very careful to NEVER contradict itself.

Once Jesus was born, there was no need for Mary to continue to be a virgin. In fact that would have been evil, because she wouldn't have been fulfilling her role as a wife to poor Joseph. So in fact, after Jesus was born, they did have sex as you would expect any married couple to do, and they had several children.

Just an FYI.

LUKE 3:23 IS ABOUT THE LINE OF JOSEPH NOT MARY!!!!!!
    AND WHY DOES MATTHEW LIST JACOB AS JOSEPH'S DAD AND LUKE LIST HELI AS JOSEPH'S DAD???
    THEN IT GETS WORSE THE LISTS DO NOT MATCH
    DID LEVI FATHER MATTHAT OR WAS ELEAZAR HIS DAD??????
    THEN BOTH LISTS NAME DIFFERENT PEOPLE LINE THEM UP NO MATCHES BACK TO DAVID??????
    WHO'S LIST IS RIGHT AND WHO'S IS WRONG
    BOTH SAY JOSEPH NOT MARY, NO LIST FOR HER PEOPLE.

NO CONTRADICTIONS ???????????????????????

------------------

PFF
    System Bot
    Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
    Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2001 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
    I'm going to go straight into it:

Triad: I didn't go postal when you went after the Catholic church. Most of what you said is true... So hear me out here:

1) The bible cannot POSSIBLY be an accurate document. Why? Look at the evidence. It has been re-written over and over, and OVER again. It's human nature. People are corruptible. That's why the Catholic church went postal in the middle ages. Not arguing that there was never a bible. Only that all the current versions are tainted. In fact, I'd probably take the Catholic's version over the newer ones... It's been around since the early pre 1000s... In one form or another.

2) Why does the bible have to be literal? God is a smart guy. Are you REALLY going to give a stone-age society a lesson on advanced quantum-physics?!? Genetics? He wanted His Word to be passed along. Doesn't help if the people don't have a CLUE what He's talking about. Yeah, he COULD have made all them understand. Suddenly, you have a couple of flint-workers running around looking for Uranium... That's a society doomed for collapse. What's the best way out? Easy. Myths. Same reason you over-simplify when your 3-year-old asks about babies. No way that the child would be able to fully comprehend the process. I would consider an early agricultural society as the child here, and God the parent. As such, we gain NOTHING by not questioning EVERYTHING. If, as it is said, that proof of God's existance is all around us, then there cannot POSSIBLY be harm in taking everything apart... He'll be in there, SOMEWHERE... (I personally have a Strong Nuclear Force theory... God isn't everything... He's the space that holds everything together)

3) Not to poke a stick in your eye, but by holding the bible as you do, isn't that no better than lighting candles at a Prima Donna statuette? Or being ruled by a Pope? That's Idolatry, too... I was taught that those symbols stood for what was right, just as you were taught the same about the bible (I assume... Don't believe that you've mentioned what church you hail from)

4) You call ray b ignorant and stupid... Because he won't put stock in a man-made 5000-year old text? Sorry, who's being naive? Granted, you've found your own reason to believe it... But it's uncalled for to slam others when they don't, too...

5) Jsocha's story was amusing... But then, I laughed at Dogma, too Guess I'm a bad person.

6) (refering to some earlier posts) It's very dangerous to start persecuting certain people because of what the bible says. As ray has eloquently pointed out, this is the path that the Taliban has taken. They are busy (or were, there aren't that many left) massacreing people for EXACTLY the same reasons you are saying... Does that make it right? Maybe they ARE right... What does that to your teachings? Accept the possibility that the Bible that you read is WRONG. Accept the fact that Gay people aren't evil... Accept that there MAY in fact be Witchcraft that comes from within, not from Satan. For a fallen Angel, he sure has a lot of sway...

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
    Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2001 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
    ray b, I am not picking on you, but you give a perfect example of people saying, "see, the Bible contradicts itself and is full of errors". Or could it be that the person doesn't read carefully, and makes the error?

Luke 3:23 says And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli...then the geneology.

The "being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph" section is parenthetical to hammer home the point that Jesus was not biologically Joseph's son, but by his marriage to Mary, positionally was.

So read it this way as it was intended, ray b.

And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, which was the son of Heli...

Luke 3:32 is Jesus' geneology through Mary, not Joseph.

THAT is why the list doesn't match up. It's not supposed to match up.

But, again, this is a perfect example of misunderstanding the intent of the writers and then claiming the Bible is in error. Well, sorry ray b, but this error is on you.

DRH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2001 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:
    The "fallen" race were called [b]Nephalim.

They had to be the spawn of fallen angels, because angels were only given free will for one decision, essentially, and any "non-fallen" angels messing around with people would have fallen, since extra-marital sex is a sin.

The Bible is very clear that Noah's family was pure, and are the only ones to have survived the flood, and that, only by His hand.

That isn't to say it's not possible that Nephalim once again roam the earth...there are enough "Goliath"s around (Andre the giant would have been a prime candidate) that it's clearly a possibility. I personally believe God put an end to that long before the Flood, and used that in part to complete the destruction of their lineage.

[/B]

Where is Nephalim mentioned? Genesis 6 only says the "sons of God". It also says they took the daughters of man as their wives.

I believe the flood was for the local region and the ancestors of the Israelites. If not, where did all the "outsiders" come from in later stories? Same with the creation story. Do you believe Cain's wives were sisters he took with him? What about Seth?

Giants were also called mighty men and it did say there were some after those days. Maybe mighty doesn't neccessarily mean in the physical sense. Maybe Da Vinci, Einstein, or even people like MLK Jr???

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2001 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
    Take the bible as myths and human generated text that is full of translation errors and what do you have?

Nothing - a worthless document - just as if the repair manual for your Fiero has been corrupted and altered and written by shadetree mechanics, and is full of errors - then what good is it?!

But the factory service manuals were written by the same engineers that designed the car itself - they know what they are talking about.

Its only a loose analogy - the Bible is far more 'authentic' than a shop manual from GM.

Those who take the Bible serious, who study it seriously, are totally amazed at the links and connections and scientific knowledge it contains - the prophetcies predicted and fullfilled within its pages, and the prophetcies that are still to be fullfilled which appear to be in the process of happening.

Yes any given translation will have errors in it - Yes every copy of every old manuscript do not agree with each other - that dosnt make it all null and void, and that doenst make it a myth. It simply means when you are in doubt you have to go back to the author and ask Him whats what.

If you are in doubt while reading your Fiero service manual you can still go to a dealership and ask a mechanic questions.

Jesus told the disciples you have no need for anyone to teach you, for when the Holy Spirit comes, He will make all things known to you, and will bring things to your rememberance.

So you are partially correct. The Bible cannot stand alone as your only means of understanding God. I asked the question before, and nobody stepped up to answer - how do you know you are right?

The answer is three things.

1. You have the bible - any given translation may confuse you with its wording and accuracy. But if you consult several translations, and if you go back to the original greek, hebrew and other manuscripts you can usually get to the bottom of things.

2. You have the author at your disposal. The indwelling of the Holy Spirit is direct contact with God Himself. If you dont understand something you can ASK for guidance and it will be given to you. Someone mentioned about having your eyes opened. Before I was filled with the Holy Spirit I had read the Bible - after the gift of the Spirit was given to me, I read it again many times and discovered things I would swear were NOT THERE the last time (and it was the same copy of the Bible I had since I was a kid).

3. You have the testimony of your own heart. When God created you He put His signature on your soul. God intended us to be His children - our nature was like His until the fall of man in the garden of Eden. Fortuantely we still have the sense inside all of us of what is right and wrong - we dont really need anyone to tell us - but unfortunately due to our fallen nature we do not have the ability within us to always DO the things we know we should, and to NOT DO the things we know we shouldnt. But its all still there. Guilt is a gift that keeps on giving :c)

That is the answer - that is how you KNOW.

If someone comes to you and says I have this new information from God - and it conflicts with what is in the bible then it is wrong (sorry to all our Mormon and JW friends)

If you dont understand something in the bible and your heart is confused and you ask God for guidance, then His will will come to you - either by opening or closing doors infront of you so you have no option to follow the wrong path, or by opening your eyes to the real issue and putting a burden for it on your heart.

And if you follow some other religion and you see signs and wonders and miracles - or if spacecraft decend from the skis with alien creatures who declare "we are your creators - we were Jesus and Budda and Mohammid..." then listen carefully to the rest of the message - listen to what they want you to DO

and if it doesnt sit right with your heart, then you know you are being deceived.

Its like DNA. A fathers DNA will be present in his children. Likewise - Gods characteristics and nature will be present in your heart- written on your soul like a signature.

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2001 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post

Ken Wittlief

8410 posts
    Member since Apr 2001
    (Where is Nephalim mentioned? Genesis 6 only says the "sons of God". )

not all translations use the same words - but the underlying concept is there - the word that is translated 'sons of God' is only used elsewhere in the bible to refer to angels (or fallen angels).

there was such a fuss about this in the church before this century - people did not what to believe that angels had actually bred with humans - so they decided that the reference to Noah being 'perfect in his generations' meant he has a decendant of Seth, and not of Cain. and a whole theology spraing up that somehow the decendants of Cain were corrupted and Seths offspring were not - and it was all wrong.

The interesting part in all this is that it appears to be happening again. People who are nonbelievers dont want to accept angels and demons - theres no such thing - but an alien - ET- a Vulcan... thats ok now - they can be highly advanced and defy the laws of physics and be telepathic blah blah blah because they are from another planet!

People will accept aliens - thats new - thats modern - thats science

but angels and demons?! thats nothing but a myth - right?

But Jesus warned us 2000 years ago - it will happen again - and here we are - women and men are being abduced by supernatural creaters that are intent on creating a halfbreed race with us.

[This message has been edited by Ken Wittlief (edited 11-29-2001).]

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2001 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
    So I'm wrong for standing up for the Bible, but Ray's right in supporting some stupid "conspiracy theory" he saw on TV? You people never cease to amaze me. "It MUST be true...he saw it on TNT!"

Mach, I'd never go postal on you, you're not implying that I'm a murderer (and Ray if you do it again, we're going to have SERIOUS problems).

Ray, one thing. You're no more entitled to your opinion than anyone else here...we all know where you stand, you're re-stating the same banter endlessly. I'm going to ask you to shut up unless you have something new. We all know you think Mary wasn't a virgin, that Mary Magdaline was Jesus' wife, and that they have kids somewhere in France (you saw it on TNT, it must be true).

--------------------------

insults typical of christian's responce to facts they don't like !!!!!
    SADLY SO IS KILLING HERITIC'S

"the Bible that says thou shall not kill; thou shall not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said, OK."

I AM SURE TALIBAN WOULD SUPPORT YOUR REFORMS

"Then, Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave...an expert should know what he's talking about so we said OK."

TALIBAN BEAT KIDS TOOO

"Then, someone said teachers and principals better not discipline our children when they misbehave..."

TALIBAN BELIVES SAME AS YOUR DO

"Then someone said, let's let our daughters have abortions if they want, and they won't even have to tell their parents. And we said, OK."

NO ABORTIONS UNDER TALIBAN

"Then some wise school board member said, since boys will be boys and they're going to do it anyway, let's give our sons all the condoms they want, so they can have all the fun they desire, and we won't have to tell their parents they got them at school. And we said, OK."

NO BIRTH CONTROLL FOR BEN LADIN OR TALIBAN

"Then some of our top elected officials said it doesn't matter what we do in private as long as we do our jobs..."

I AM SURE BEN LADIN AGREES WITH YOU

"And then someone said let's print magazines with pictures of nude women and call it wholesome, down-to-earth appreciation for the beauty of the female body. And we said, OK."

NO PLAYBOY'S MAG ALLOWED BY TALIBAN

"And then someone else took that appreciation a step further and published pictures of nude children and then stepped further still by making them available on the Internet. And we said OK; they're entitled to their free speech."

NO PIC OR FREE SPEACH IS FINE WITH TALIBAN

"And then the entertainment industry said, let's make TV shows and movies that promote profanity, violence...

TALIBAN SAID NO TV NO MOVIES OR MUSIC AT ALL

"Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong...

TALIBAN LIKES KILLING STRANGERS BUT NOT CLASSMATES OR SELF LIKE JOHN ASHCROFT IN OREGON'S NEW LAW BAN HE DID FOR RELIGIOUS REASONS

"Funny how the lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene pass freely through cyberspace, but the public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace...

BELIVERS WANT TO SUPPRESS DISCUSSION OF TRUTH SAME AS TALIBAN DOES

"Funny how someone can be so fired up for Christ on Sunday, but be an invisible Christian the rest of the week. Are you laughing?"

AT YOU YESSS, AT TALIBAN YESSS, BEATS CRYING

"Funny how I can be more worried about what other people think of me than what God thinks of me. Are you thinking?"

OF HOW ALL OF THIS THE TALIBAN AGREES WITH

"Pass it on if you think it has merit. If not then just discard it..."

NO FIGHT THE EVIL THAT RELIGIONS TRY TO SPRED

"no one will know that you did. But, if you discard this thought process, then don't sit back and complain about what a bad shape the world is in! God Bless America!"

WHAT IS THE REAL DIFFERENCE IN TALIBAN AND YOUR PLANS FOR MY LAWS I SEE VERY VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE

---------------------------

AND, if you insinuate that I'm bin Laden, one of his followers, prone to his disalusions, or a murderer of heritics again, in any way shape or form, we will have VERY serious problems.

You don't know me, you know nothing about me. You have no right to speak to me the way you have. Everyone else here is stating opinions and disagreeing peacefully, yet you insist on being this way. If it's too much for you to be involved without slander, please sit out.

[This message has been edited by TRiAD (edited 11-29-2001).]

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2001 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
    Just wondering...Would you go postal on me Triad?

Just curious is all as I want to stay on cool ground with not only you but with the other members here as well.

Voytek

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
    Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2001 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post
    Triad:

HOLY CRAP!!!! "IT WAS ON TLC ON TV?!" WHAT ARE YOU, RETARDED?! "THE CHURCH TRIES TO HIDE HIS KIDS"?! ONLY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH STILL CONTENDS MARY'S VIRGINITY, THE PRODESTANT CHURCHES WOULD PROBABLY HAVE THESE GUYS AS THEIR LEADERS, IF THEY EXISTED!!

Amen to that!!

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2001 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
    I apologize for "going postal" on anyone...This is a mode of my personality usually reserved for much more dire issues, and rarely seen.

It is on this forum, reserved especially for ray, since ed is gone. (ray before you go calling "conspiracy" on me, I'm kidding...)

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 24 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
    PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
    Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock