Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Harry Potter must go. (Page 18)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 24 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24 
Previous Page | Next Page
Harry Potter must go. by Joe Torma
Started on: 11-18-2001 01:58 PM
Replies: 931
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 02-04-2002 08:13 PM
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Three simple words for this post, it's that simple my friends:

Simma......dow......now

Bryce
88 GT

IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nashco:
Three simple words for this post, it's that simple my friends:

Simma......dow......now

Bryce
88 GT

Don't yall make me stop this car!!

Mach10

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
THAT'S IT! BACK TO WINNIPEG!!!!
JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
Eighteenth Floor!

• Lingerie
  • Women's Fashions
  • Beddings
  • Wedding Apparel

[This message has been edited by JSocha (edited 12-11-2001).]

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
18 already? wow, this thread sure grew up fast...

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Wonder how long before it implodes upon itself Like the FieroLisa thread...

<beep>

------------------
Raydar

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DaRkLoRD:
18 already? wow, this thread sure grew up fast...

Guess we can all say that this thread is officially legal now.

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
If this thread could talk it would say

Im 18 18 18 18

and I LIKE it!

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
18? That's IT?! Man, I thought this was a REAL thread...

LOL!

------------------

Merry Christmas!
Project MR1 ~ triadtuning@hotmail.com

Photoshop rendition of planned modifications
AIM ~ Michael Blue 72

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
#18 with a bullet!

whateverthehell that means :c)

FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
Wonder how long before it implodes upon itself Like the FieroLisa thread...

<beep>

Nahh that doesn't happen till at least 30 pages, this ones still a young'un!!

PFF
System Bot
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
I think I have attention deficit disorder, because I quit reading on about page 13.
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

frontal lobe

9042 posts
Member since Dec 1999
OK, I made it through page 17 (I'm working my way backwards).

rayb, you are correct when you say the only true, genuine, perfect Christian died on the cross. There are few people that come close to that anymore. But I would love you to come up to Milwaukee and just hang out with me for a week. I know it's not practical for you, and you wouldn't find it that entertaining. But at least you could then say that you knew at least ONE person who was trying to live it, not just talk it--although you wouldn't find me perfect, you wouldn't find me doing any of the things you strenuously object to.

What can I say, though? Just because the followers aren't perfect isn't justification for not believing the leader, if He is real.

maryjane, the Bible says that the rainbow is the recurring, visible message from God that He has promised that He will never again destroy the world by flood.

OcalaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OcalaFieroSend a Private Message to OcalaFieroDirect Link to This Post
I agree, lets get rid of anything that is promoting violence, hate, hipocrasy..............................

oops, we'd have to get rid of most of the organized religions then, guess that wouldn't serve the purpose of the zealots out there...

OcalaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OcalaFieroSend a Private Message to OcalaFieroDirect Link to This Post

OcalaFiero

152 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Originally posted by frontal lobe:
maryjane, the Bible says that the rainbow is the recurring, visible message from God that He has promised that He will never again destroy the world by flood.

So is my insurance agent ripping me off by suggesting I add flood insurance to my homeowner's policy?

Steve Normington

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OcalaFiero:
So is my insurance agent ripping me off by suggesting I add flood insurance to my homeowner's policy?

No. He said he wouldn't destroy the entire world, Florida He'll wipe out in a New York minute.
REDHOTT88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for REDHOTT88Send a Private Message to REDHOTT88Direct Link to This Post
This is a REALLY boring thread...

------------------
Steve
1988 Formula 2.8L V6 5 speed
( Runs smooth, shifts crisp, red and shiny all over!)

[This message has been edited by REDHOTT88 (edited 12-12-2001).]

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Die Harry Potter die...

------------------

CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
I have a Fiero!

(I just wanted to add to this historic thread)

coRy

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2001 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post

Wow, that's much simpler than anything my physics textbook says about optics, refraction, etc..... according to occams razor... nah.. not gonna say it.

p.s. I have a fiero too.. posting in historic threads is fun.

beep.

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com

Kasdan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-11-2001 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KasdanSend a Private Message to KasdanDirect Link to This Post
just making 700 posts....

------------------
Tyler Morgan, 1986 GT

Aftermarket Power Steering, Rebuilt 2.8
http://www.geocities.com/mtyler14/index.html

PFF
System Bot
OcalaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2001 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OcalaFieroSend a Private Message to OcalaFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steve Normington:
No. He said he wouldn't destroy the entire world, Florida He'll wipe out in a New York minute.

But doesn't he winter in Boca Raton? Where will he go to get away from it all?

Jaygee79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2001 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by OcalaFiero:

But doesn't he winter in Boca Raton? Where will he go to get away from it all?

I hear Texas is nice this time of the year.

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2001 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by REDHOTT88:
This is a REALLY boring thread...

"Now here's something we think you will really like!"

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2001 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
"And now for something completely different. A man with three buttocks."
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2001 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
"Hey Rocky! Watch me pull a rabbit out of my pants!"
"Oh, that trick NEVER works!"
"This time for sure! Nothin' up my sleeve... PRESTO!"

Click if you're not easily offended: Coarse language

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2001 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

OK, I made it through page 17 (I'm working my way backwards).

rayb, you are correct when you say the only true, genuine, perfect Christian died on the cross. There are few people that come close to that anymore. But I would love you to come up to Milwaukee and just hang out with me for a week. I know it's not practical for you, and you wouldn't find it that entertaining. But at least you could then say that you knew at least ONE person who was trying to live it, not just talk it--although you wouldn't find me perfect, you wouldn't find me doing any of the things you strenuously object to.

What can I say, though? Just because the followers aren't perfect isn't justification for not believing the leader, if He is real.

well this thread sure calmed down and got boring so lets heat it up again.

Mr lobe you can live how ever you want to, follow all the rules and try to save you sole so you can go to HEAVEN with all the other GOD's PEOPLE, BUT not me.

AS I would find your heaven full of non-sinners very very very BORING and a worse fate than if there is a hell. The very idea of all strait goodie two shoes people with out anything real happening ever for the rest of time is beyond weird to me.NO NEWS no gosip no rummors no controversy no contretemps no contrasting views no debates as all intune with GOD'sWILL, BORRING TO THE MAX!!!FOR EVER AND EVER!!!!
now there is a fate worse than death at least in a hell things happen or would if there was one.

IT IS BETTER TO REGRET something you did than something you didnot do.
I know I regret the roads not taken more than the bad trips I took, but at least I went somewhere sometime. YOUR WAY is like you stay home and never leave at all, and for ME that would be a real SAD LIFE to no real point.
BELIVE what you want to BUT if you PREACH at me expect I will say no thats not real TRUTH and is a danger to OTHERS who want to live their own ways.

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd

Screwie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2001 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScrewieSend a Private Message to ScrewieDirect Link to This Post
There MUST be a religious forum somewhere for you US guys. Geez, how long can you keep this going
Steve Normington

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2001 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mach10:
Click if you're not easily offended: Coarse language

Why is Bullwinkle wearing a Star Trek: TOS uniform?

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2001 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
*turning back up the heat*

Ray, I'm truly sorry you think the only way to have fun is to do something wrong. You must be out killing people and stealing cars when you're not here, God knows you'd be bored otherwise...

Also, better to regret action than inaction? Huh...I wonder how many people who've met you in person regret not killing you with their bare hands...

...You should go tell them they should have done it, since they regret not doing it anyway...it's better ot regret what you DID, not what you did NOT do, remember?

I'm really sorry you feel this way, I'm enjoying myself here, but I'm really looking forward to meeting my Maker in person...although I'm not done with what He has me doing here yet, so I'm not in any hurry to "make" it happen. (that would defeat the entire purpose anyway)

I don't see how an eternity in worship of Him is boring...have you ever worshipped Christ? Have you ever felt His power? Have you ever been baptised in the Spirit?

You have no idea what you're missing...and for that, I feel for you....

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2001 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
ray b, I hope I didn't offend you. I intentionally have NOT been "preaching" at you. My post was a response to your complaint about supposed Christians not living up to it, and just saying that I would be willing to take on the challenge.

Perhaps I was misleading when I said you might not find it too exciting, or however I worded it.

My life is far from boring. Last week I travelled for research meetings to Philadelphia, and then to Miami! 3 days there. I was tempted to ask you to come to the hotel to meet you and say "hi", but didn't. Took my daughter along, went to Parrot Jungle, Seaquarium and the beach.

Root for the Packers. Going to a Buck's game in a couple of weeks. Get to drive a Fiero daily. Miata occasionally (well, ok, that can be kind of boring). Etc., etc.

Have been to pharmacy school, medical school, residency, etc. Work for >13 years.

Life has lots of variety, interests, etc. I'm not quite sure why you jumped to the erroneous conclusion that everything and everyone would be boring and the same.

PFF
System Bot
Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2001 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steve Normington:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mach10:
[b]Click if you're not easily offended: Coarse language

Why is Bullwinkle wearing a Star Trek: TOS uniform?

[/B][/QUOTE]
That wasn't Bullwinkle, that was SPACE-MOOSE. He's a University-Newspaper cartoon with a flair for Political Uncorrectedness...

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2001 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
Did you hear the one about the insomniac, dyslexic agnostic? He stayed up all night wondering if there really IS a dog.(ba-doomp!)

stolen from GPL board post by
Richard

frontal you not in the least anoying unlike mr3 who seems to think all who are not in HIS CULT ARE EVIL. AND NO BLOOD ON MY HANDS
I have never killed anything bigger than a bug, when given a chance to go to V-nam and KILL A COMMIE FOR CHRIST I declined at great personal cost and was BRANDED TOOO IMMORAL TO KILL or even be in the ARMY as a result.
belife or lack is not about morals at all many immoral people claim to be saved.
and again mr3 EVERONE MUST BE STONED is a line from a song not about killing anything or even throwing rocks at them.

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2001 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:
Did you hear the one about the insomniac, dyslexic agnostic? He stayed up all night wondering if there really IS a dog.(ba-doomp!)

hehe.. I like that one

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2001 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Ray: You should give Taoism a try

No God, no spirit, no afterlife... Only the Void... Only the void isn't empty, it's full of nothing but itself
ANYWAY, what happens is that you move BACKWARDS spiritually through time... Or so I think? You somehow BECOME your ancestors...

I have a headache now... Taoism was invented by programmers. It's the only recursive religion Null pointers

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2001 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

stolen from GPL board post by
Richard

frontal you not in the least anoying unlike mr3 who seems to think all who are not in HIS CULT ARE EVIL.

Uh, yeah THAT'S what I said... . YOU'RE the one who said if you weren't being evil you weren't having any fun.

AND NO BLOOD ON MY HANDS
I have never killed anything bigger than a bug,

Good for you. Don't you eat burgers? You were partially responsible for the death of that cow. Bacon? Pig. I'm not vegan, either, but I won't claim not to be responsible for the death of anything bigger than a bug.

when given a chance to go to V-nam and KILL A COMMIE FOR CHRIST I declined at great personal cost

Uh, HOW was Vietnam about RELIGION?! An what "great personal cost"?! You REALLY need to TRY to know what you're talking about. READ YOUR HISTORY.

and was BRANDED TOOO IMMORAL TO KILL or even be in the ARMY as a result.

Oh yeah, THAT'S an Army requirement..."Sir, are you MORAL"?! Duh...

belife or lack is not about morals at all many immoral people claim to be saved.
and again mr3 EVERONE MUST BE STONED is a line from a song not about killing anything or even throwing rocks at them.

Those lyrics were NOT what I'm talking about. You can hide behind the wrong post if you want, but you said religious people should be killed. (before they kill you, I believe is what you said.)

FieroHarry

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2001 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
Barney is living proof that Mr. Rogers and Mr. Greenjeans were gay lovers being orchastrated by the sadistic Lamb Chop who by the way always had somebodys hand up his ass.......

[This message has been edited by FieroHarry (edited 12-12-2001).]

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2001 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Triad: I wanna shot

It's a figure of speach I'm not responsible for the death of this here cow that I am chowing down on. I'm hungry, and it's better off dead. Besides, I let someone ELSE kill it

In God We Trust. If Unca Sam calls you to war, isn't it your Christian duty? It appears as though that is what is accepted... Don't make sense to me neither

Personal cost? Ostracization from his peers... Criminal proceedings... All the usual stigma associated with Draft-Dodgers. REGARDLESS of wether he showed up or not. For some reason, not wanting to be in another country shooting people you neither know, nor wish dead -- at GREAT personal risk-- is considered cowardly... It's stupid if you ask me. There are plenty willing to lay everything down WITHOUT making other people do so, too.

Immoral? Maybe... If ray b is Gay or otherwise "NOT NORMAL" then he WOULD be kicked out...

I think religious people SHOULD be killed too... As well as the non-religious... Pretty much ANYONE that comes after me or my way of life... but then, that's what being American is all about, right?

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2001 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

In God We Trust. If Unca Sam calls you to war, isn't it your Christian duty? It appears as though that is what is accepted... Don't make sense to me neither

Reply: Maybe I was right about my first impression after all.

It's stupid if you ask me. There are plenty willing to lay everything down WITHOUT making other people do so, too.

Reply: Wonder how many in the past layed down everything for your freedom, so you would have it to enjoy today? I'm sure glad they aren't alive to hear you say such a selfish thing. What a waste of their lives, to die for such a inconsiderate attitude.. Put any spin on it you want, you said it pretty clear.
Freedom is precious, I'd fight for yours, a complete stranger's in another land, for anybody's. Obviously, you wouldn't even fight for your own. Quite a sad commentary on your generation . Hope they aren't all as self-absorbed.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 12-13-2001).]

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2001 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

...In God We Trust. If Unca Sam calls you to war, isn't it your Christian duty?...

Uh, so being born in America makes you a Christian?! No, "political" or "patriotic" duties are NOT in anyway "religious" duties. Sorry...please try again, enjoy one of our lovely parting gifts.

...Personal cost? Ostracization from his peers... Criminal proceedings... All the usual stigma associated with Draft-Dodgers. REGARDLESS of wether he showed up or not....

And there IS such a thing as "consciencious objectors". Last I checked, most of them were Christians though...funny how the atheists on the board think they were dodging and the Christians were who wanted us to fight the war.

Ray, your comments on the causes of the Vietnam conflict DEFINITELY give away your (lack of) age. Quit trying to be 50, I'd bet you're like 22, tops. NO ONE who was alive then (and I barely was) would think the war was about Christians fighting some other religion...

You too can enjoy one of our parting gifts, thanks for playing.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 24 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock