Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  WOO HOO WE BOLTED ON OUR VERTICAL DOOR HINGES!! (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
WOO HOO WE BOLTED ON OUR VERTICAL DOOR HINGES!! by silver 85 sc
Started on: 10-21-2009 06:39 PM
Replies: 322
Last post by: EvilSqueezles on 06-23-2013 02:47 PM
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Argh , thanks guys. Hopefully they wont give me issues, it sucks cause I was told that they only have cosmetic scratches and whatnot.
IP: Logged
yellowTee

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowTeeSend a Private Message to yellowTeeDirect Link to This Post
I got a set of these and finally got them installed and fully adjusted last week. I love the way they look and work. Installation was very simple. Took it in for new rims and tires and even the guys at the tire shop thought they were cool. One of other benefits is that you can drive the car with the door open and it won't slam down. Thanks Jesse.

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Have you tried to contact this PFF member and try to work out some kind of partial money refund because I bet if you knew they looked like that you would want some kind of a deal. If not please let us know so we can be aware if anyone tries to purchase something from this member.

Maybe you can probably send it to 88lambo to see if he can reweld a new door hinge or have him inspect it for damage. Maybe he can sell you the side that you need.

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Argh , thanks guys. Hopefully they wont give me issues, it sucks cause I was told that they only have cosmetic scratches and whatnot.

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 09-22-2011).]

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

Have you tried to contact this PFF member and try to work out some kind of partial money refund because I bet if you knew they looked like that you would want some kind of a deal. If not please let us know so we can be aware if anyone tries to purchase something from this member.

Maybe you can probably send it to 88lambo to see if he can reweld a new door hinge or have him inspect it for damage. Maybe he can sell you the side that you need.

I've informed him of the issue and emailed him with the same pic. He is apologetic and tells me that he didn't see the bend. I do believe him since he was very honest about the other cosmetic imperfections in the kit, but this is a little more than cosmetic. He assures me that he had no issues with it on his car and that it should bolt up fine. He says he doesn't know how/when it happened or what could have caused that.

Sigh, I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to take these out in the spring/ start bolting them on only to find out that the drivers side wont align properly or whatnot.
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2011 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
I still have my set tucked away in my shed until my house gets done. Second flood this year. My newly installed floors lasted two months until Hurricane Irene decided to rain on my parade. Every couple weeks I go to my shed open up the box and look at them to remind me it's not a dream and I really do have a set. I bought chasis saver from a website called Monstaliner, nice guy that owns the business. I will be very busy this winter.

Planning to paint the door hinges with chasis saver to preserve them and after I drill all the holes on the car I will also paint chasis saver in those areas along with the rest of the car. It's suppose to be better than Por15.

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 09-25-2011).]

benoitmalenfant

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2011 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantDirect Link to This Post
bump.

88lambofiero, I know it's the weekend and all, but I sent you a PM a couple of days ago inquiring about price for a set shipped to Canada.

Just thought I'd post here as well in case you didn't see my PM.

Thanks!
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2011 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by benoitmalenfant:

bump.

88lambofiero, I know it's the weekend and all, but I sent you a PM a couple of days ago inquiring about price for a set shipped to Canada.

Just thought I'd post here as well in case you didn't see my PM.

Thanks!

PM sent Thanks
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2011 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
How about dihedral McLaren style doors?

The doors of both cars move forward a bit and swing upward on a single hinge so you don't scrape them on a curb.

http://www.mclarenautomotiv..._full_dihedral_doors

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 10-23-2011).]

benoitmalenfant

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88lambofiero:
PM sent Thanks

Paypal payment sent and PM to confirm.

Thanks!

------------------
--
Ben // '87 GT

falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post
What do you suggest for long terms (5 months) storage : open or closed doors?

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 |Work done 11-12 |
4.9 ongoing project |Parts for sale

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
VDK, chop tops, kit rebodies & SBC swaps (not the modern LSx ones) I just dont get it. To each their own I guess.

Where is that pic with the Lambo and Civic when you need it? VDK is so 10yrs ago.
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:
VDK, chop tops, kit rebodies & SBC swaps (not the modern LSx ones) I just dont get it. To each their own I guess.
Where is that pic with the Lambo and Civic when you need it? VDK is so 10yrs ago.

you mean the pic with the civic with lambo doors and the lamborghini with civic doors......huuummm you sound like the individual from another forum posted about me....
well for your information that lamborghini is the cheapest model you can buy....no vertical doors....the owner was too F'N cheap to buy the high end lambos that have the vertical doors...I prefer my fiero with a V8.... chopped and dropped to each his own my friend....

------------------

My build Thread
http://www.tylerstoy.com
My LED marker kit

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by falcon_ca:
What do you suggest for long terms (5 months) storage : open or closed doors?

Mine are closed but I go to the garage often to open them up (once a week at least)
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 12-03-2011).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

you mean the pic with the civic with lambo doors and the lamborghini with civic doors......huuummm you sound like the individual from another forum posted about me....
well for your information that lamborghini is the cheapest model you can buy....no vertical doors....the owner was too F'N cheap to buy the high end lambos that have the vertical doors...I prefer my fiero with a V8.... chopped and dropped to each his own my friend....

Come on now, dont get upset. Its just my opinion. Its not like you have to worry about if I like your car, its all about YOU liking YOUR car. Its all good dude. I do find your comment about the Lambo pretty darm funny. I mean c'mon, calling a guy with a lambo "too cheap". I mean really? LOL

Thanks for posting the lambo/civic pic. I laugh everytime I see it!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Come on now, dont get upset. Its just my opinion. Its not like you have to worry about if I like your car, its all about YOU liking YOUR car. Its all good dude. I do find your comment about the Lambo pretty darm funny. I mean c'mon, calling a guy with a lambo "too cheap". I mean really? LOL
Thanks for posting the lambo/civic pic. I laugh everytime I see it!

NAHHH I'm not upset at all ... dont worry..... The lambo owner too cheap .. yep to his peers he is !!! Anyway like you said To each his own... Mines V8 dropped with lambos and soon CHOPPED...
take care...... lifes too short... drive a V8
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

How about dihedral McLaren style doors?

http://www.mclarenautomotiv..._full_dihedral_doors

Hey quit it. This will give Jesse more ideas and then I have to utilize brain cells to figure it out. He's playing with suicide doors now.

Rich

[This message has been edited by silver 85 sc (edited 12-04-2011).]

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
Mine is stored all winter with the doors closed.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Could someone photoshop how the McLaren type doors would look if it were a Fiero? I have a hard time picturing it.
fierogt27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2012 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by silver 85 sc:

Hey quit it. This will give Jesse more ideas and then I have to utilize brain cells to figure it out. He's playing with suicide doors now.

Rich

I would be your first buyer for those!
860fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2012 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 860fieroSend a Private Message to 860fieroDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
PFF
System Bot
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2012 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 860fiero:

Pm sent

PM back to you
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2012 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

What never ceases to amaze me is the people who claim they hate lambo doors but who end up inside this thread !?? What the heck ??
hehehehe

It's like saying you hate sushi, but you go to the sushi place to watch them plate it up.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-08-2012).]

wd8ivl

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wd8ivlSend a Private Message to wd8ivlDirect Link to This Post
I've read all of the posts - looked at all of the pix, and watched the videos...I'm hooked!

P.M. Sent!
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wd8ivl:

I've read all of the posts - looked at all of the pix, and watched the videos...I'm hooked!

P.M. Sent!

Back to you!
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Friendly bump.. some day when the cash cow craps on me, these will be mine. Great product.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2012 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post
After of about 2 years I'm finially getting around to installing my vertical hinges. The delay was due to the fact I have reluctant in installing the hinges because of the need to disassemble the doors. I'm proud to say that I'm currently installing the hinges. I have devised a method of removing the door hinges without the need of door disassembly.

For some reason I have been unable to install the "Image Poster"! Hopefully, photos to follow.

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2012 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:
I'm proud to say that I'm currently installing the hinges. I have devised a method of removing the door hinges without the need of door disassembly.

Dont think you'll be able to bolt up the hinges tight without removing the door skin and inside panel. If you need any advise let me know ... good luck with the install

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2012 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post
I would like to see that too

------------------

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 |Work done 11-12 |
4.9 ongoing project |Parts for sale

Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post
The bolts are plenty tight. To access the hinge hinge bolts required the removal of the interior door panels.

Once I get the image program to load I will post photos. Up coming, hopefully, photos will make everything clear regarding the hinge install.

Honey-does permitting I plan on installing the driver side hinge this week.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post
Danyel, how did you the wire loom issue?
PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have a picture of them getting out of the car? I can't tell how far that door is if someone were sitting sideways trying to get out. I'm afraid that it would be right on my face...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:

Danyel, how did you the wire loom issue?

I used a plastic pass through tube and wrapped it with electrical tape .... had no issues since. I'm out of town. Will provide pics later

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

Does anyone have a picture of them getting out of the car? I can't tell how far that door is if someone were sitting sideways trying to get out. I'm afraid that it would be right on my face...

Brian ..... if you look at all the pics in this thread you will see that its impossible to have the door in your face .... UNLESS you're sitting on the dash
custom made dreams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2012 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for custom made dreamsSend a Private Message to custom made dreamsDirect Link to This Post
Hi all
I am using a universal lambo door hinge with one lift support. For a better feeling i would like to modify it to use 2 instead.
Could anyone meassures the length of the Lift Support Strut and post the strength of each, too?
Best regards Tom
BuddhaCardovo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BuddhaCardovoSend a Private Message to BuddhaCardovoDirect Link to This Post
Price Inquiry PM sent
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BuddhaCardovo:

Price Inquiry PM sent

Didn't get the PM they are 750.00 shipped to your door. If you have other ??? try pm-ing me again.
falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2012 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post
Bumb for a great product and picture for Brian

------------------

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 |Work done 11-12 |Work done 12-13 |4.9 Swap |Parts for sale

garage monster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for garage monsterSend a Private Message to garage monsterDirect Link to This Post
PM sent to Jesse.
justinchristie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2013 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justinchristieClick Here to visit justinchristie's HomePageSend a Private Message to justinchristieDirect Link to This Post
PM sent a few days ago. Just wondering if you are still offering these for sale?

------------------
1986 Fiero SE 3.4L pushrod build up | Blog | My Portfolio site
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay