Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  WOO HOO WE BOLTED ON OUR VERTICAL DOOR HINGES!! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
WOO HOO WE BOLTED ON OUR VERTICAL DOOR HINGES!! by silver 85 sc
Started on: 10-21-2009 06:39 PM
Replies: 322
Last post by: EvilSqueezles on 06-23-2013 02:47 PM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-28-2009 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I am very interested in this mod. I can't wait for the video of Pegasus1848's doors. I am sure that I will not be putting money down just yet, but hopefully before the first of the year. Maybe sooner. I understand the wait. I understand your apprehension about dollars. I have a good feeling about how you will do business. You know that this community will jump on you like a rabid dog after the first scam that you would run. I don't think that is what you are shooting for. I really believe that you are shooting for a great product, at a reasonable price. I showed interest when this concept first came to fruition. I am still very interested.

Plus's across the board.

Whoo Hoo! Page ownership. And on such a pertinant thread! Yah baby!
------------------

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 10-28-2009).]

IP: Logged
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
As to the function and quality of these hinges, I saw two pieces of their work at the Heartland show in Iowa. I was impressed as they were, and Lambo was still making improvements to suit him. I don't think I'd worry too much about that.
88lambofiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

I think we all agree that there has been alot of fly by night, scammers, and wantabees.... if this is the real McCoy than come on people lets step up to the plate. The people who want to buy the hinges put your names on a group buy list (New Thread - Vertical Doors- this would be for EVERYONE to see... As for the sellers get 2 sets done and then sell them in an Ebay store. This method Buy it Now and Paypal payment ASSURES no fraud (Up to$ 10,000) and they have the means to persecute any joker scammers. Everybody will be happy and the makers will prosper. Split the Paypal cost by 2 (Seller and buyers) I would buy immediately with this method ... any one else ?? Other ideas maybe?? Thanks for reading.....
My .03 cents worth (amount converted to USD)

Danyel

(edited) This is my 3rd request for shipping prices of this set to: Levis, Prov. Quebec, Canada, G6V-9T6 !!!!!!!!!!

PM sent about shipping charges sorry
FedEx International Priority® 229.00
FedEx International Economy® 204.98
FedEx International Ground® 100.74

[This message has been edited by 88lambofiero (edited 10-28-2009).]

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

88lambofiero

258 posts
Member since Jun 2008

Originally posted by jscott1:

Most companies don't charge your credit card until the product is shipped.

Your right they don't but theirs a big difference in size. I will not be shipping any hinges with out funds sorry. I changed to cod to try and make people happy but that's as far as I am will go if anyone would like a set please PM me or e-mail me at (itsmyfiero@aol.com)
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
88lambofiero shipping via USPS is around $41.00 if I input the VDI box dimensions and weight ... can you validate please... These will not be COD ... thanks

------------------

The Black Widow Site

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

88lambofiero shipping via USPS is around $41.00 if I input the VDI box dimensions and weight ... can you validate please... These will not be COD ... thanks

I got like 54.00 I can ship ups I just have a account with fed-ex but ups works for me
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88lambofiero:

I will not be shipping any hinges with out funds sorry. I changed to cod to try and make people happy but that's as far as I am will go

That's your prerogative. Since you are relatively new to this forum I'm just trying to help set your expectations for the type of response you are likely to receive given the checkered history of people trying to sell vertical hinges..
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
bump!!!!!
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
I understand both sides of this. I have bought part cars "thinking" that someone local was going to buy some of the larger pieces. The deal feel through. I still had the investment of the car. I found someone to buy the parts. It is part of the business. Take the profit from the first sale to build up stock. It shouldn't take too many sets before you have capital to invest in your product.
Maybe a discount for a deposit-type sale? Couple hundred up front so it stings if the buyer backs out.
Just my $0.02

------------------
When life gives you lemons, thank them for the Fiero.

Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

silver 85 sc,

I like just about every other one here on the forum is hopeful your product lives up to expectations. Hopefully, you understand your potential customer's hesitation and concern. There have been a number of offers in the past for these type hinges. A number of the fourm members lined up for the purchase of their products, only to be gravely dissappointed or scammed. Which ever the case may be.

I can tell you dead seriously, once you have a number of clients have purchased your product and have posted a message of satifiaction, I will be one of your future customers. I don't have a big problem with putting an amount of capital up front. At the same time I would like to have some type of assurance that the product will be delivered and meet my expectations.

If interested, PM me perhaps we can come to some form of agreement.

Thanks,

Mike
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Hi, guys I understand all your feelings about people in the past getting burned. I do have to say I have meet both Rich and Jesse at the 25th and the Dell's including Heartlands show. They are stand up guys! when i have the money i plan on buying a set of these from them. Great job guys! keep up the great work.

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1987 Fiero Coupe
1986 Fiero Base Coupe..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being built now!
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ centerline "Q" Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

PFF
System Bot
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Direct Link to This Post
Still holding out until I see video operation... Looks great though. keep up the good work
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:

silver 85 sc,

I like just about every other one here on the forum is hopeful your product lives up to expectations. Hopefully, you understand your potential customer's hesitation and concern. There have been a number of offers in the past for these type hinges. A number of the fourm members lined up for the purchase of their products, only to be gravely dissappointed or scammed. Which ever the case may be.

I can tell you dead seriously, once you have a number of clients have purchased your product and have posted a message of satifiaction, I will be one of your future customers. I don't have a big problem with putting an amount of capital up front. At the same time I would like to have some type of assurance that the product will be delivered and meet my expectations.

If interested, PM me perhaps we can come to some form of agreement.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

I understand both sides of the issues. I have seen it over and over again. The biggest problem we have is up front costs, and development costs we are still dealing with. We can't get around this. We have to pay for a lot of work up front on these not to mention the parts we have to buy. If I or Jesse could afford to build a set and put them on the shelf we would, but since we don't have that option as of right now this is how we have to proceed. We did have a set at the 25th and were scared to death of not selling them, luckily things went our way. The set we had this past summer was pegusus1848's and we were hoping to make a sale at other shows we attended. They didn't sell, so they went on Steve's car. At this point all I can say is if you have doubts be patient. If you don't we are here and don't intend to go anywhere.

Rich
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Hello to all ..... officially I have ordered this kit ............ payment in full via Paypal this morning... my thread -- Project Black Widow -- will have a step by step (with pics) of the installation... .. I will keep all of you informed here............. its time for Rich and Jesse to shine........ why not give them this chance .................. so here we go folks the Black Widow will be entering the vertical door ZONE with the help of these two people !!! Only one negative side to all of this.......... I have to redo my signature

(edited)
PS Guys confirm paypal deposit once received.. THX

------------------

The Black Widow Site

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-02-2009).]

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Hello to all ..... officially I have ordered this kit ............ payment in full via Paypal this morning... my thread -- Project Black Widow -- will have a step by step (with pics) of the installation... .. I will keep all of you informed here............. its time for Rich and Jesse to shine........ why not give them this chance .................. so here we go folks the Black Widow will be entering the vertical door ZONE with the help of these two people !!! Only one negative side to all of this.......... I have to redo my signature

(edited)
PS Guys confirm paypal deposit once received.. THX

Payment received a couple day ago and the hinges are all welded up and will be shipping them Friday
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Well ..... looks like you two guys will be VERY VERY busy VERY soon !!! The orders will be overwhelming ....strap on your hats folks this is going to be one heck of a Tsunami if I'm right

------------------

The Black Widow Site

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
Hinges shipped a more detailed PM was sent to you Dan thanks for the opportunity to do business with you I hope you enjoy them

Thank Jesse
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
If they bolt on with little fuss it will be huge, Ginormous even.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to a customer install review post real soon.

As much as I'd love these, they'd double the value of my Fiero! Good job though guys, well done.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

FormulaQuad4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaQuad4Click Here to visit FormulaQuad4's HomePageSend a Private Message to FormulaQuad4Direct Link to This Post
I WANT!! Does the kit come with everything you need, shocks and such? Maybe I missed it. I cannot wait to see how Danyels purchase and install goes. Please post the link where we can find the install shots.
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FormulaQuad4:

I WANT!! Does the kit come with everything you need, shocks and such? Maybe I missed it. I cannot wait to see how Danyels purchase and install goes. Please post the link where we can find the install shots.

Yes it comes with everything you need struts and hardware. You just need simple hand tool and a grinder an drill. I believe Dan will be posting them here or on here https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/077670.html
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Yepp the minute I have them I will update my thread (Project Black Widow) and make a video ... I cant wait to get these .. THX Jesse will keep you posted and I do beleive this is going to be off the Reitcher scale my friends ...

Dan

------------------

The Black Widow Site

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!!!!!!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

For some reason i just don't like these.

The way the struts are exposed just kind of makes it look funky.
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post
Starting to play with Solid Works. Here is my first video. It's not very good, but pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mshjfDD3AMk

Rich
pegasus1848

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Direct Link to This Post
Hey guys
For those folks that wanted to see Jesse hinge working.
I have posted a movie of the door in operation on you tube.
If I did this correctly this link will get you there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0piF19ah8mM

------------------

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pegasus1848:

Hey guys
For those folks that wanted to see Jesse hinge working.
I have posted a movie of the door in operation on you tube.
If I did this correctly this link will get you there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0piF19ah8mM

Great movie Thanks Steve

[This message has been edited by 88lambofiero (edited 11-18-2009).]

Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

88lambofiero,

Nice video illustrating the operation of the door/hinge. I do have a question, I noticed that the door swings out pretty far, is the swing adjustable?

Thanks
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post
88lambofiero,

Do you think we might need different shock strenght depending on car options such as PW and PL?

Doors are heavier with those.

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

4.9 ongoing project

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Falcon_ca ..I"ll let you know very soon mine has both with shaved doors handles also...
pegasus1848

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Direct Link to This Post
I will try to answer the last two questions

First - Cajun the door swing looks wide but but it is not bad, I think mine is about 20 or 21 inches.
If you compare it to the swing of a regular hinge set up, no contest.
It has to swing out enough so that the interior panel clears the fender on the way up.
Plus if you are in a hurry, and not out to show off, a skinny person can get in and out without the need to swing it up to.
A larger person would probably need the window down.

Second - Falcon_ca the struts can changed to suit your need. As in my case I started with 2 at 130lbs. and that was not bad.
but my wife has way less arm than me and thought it was to heavy so I am now using a 130 & a 150lb on each door.
Power windows, custom interior skin, openers, will add weight. Also cooler temps have an effect on the lifting force
of the struts.
Hope this helps Steve
PFF
System Bot
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
I have a question regarding the sway in the full upright position. I couldn't judge how firm it is going up and staying up. The sway appeared to be 2-3" without unnecessary force. What is the measurement of the outer tolerances when moderate pressure is applied inward then outward while extended? I'm just trying to gauge the sway on windy days, or if accidental pressure to one side may cause tragic harm over time?

I look forward to your reply, and thanks for your time!

Greg

------------------

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
Hi Greg!

Good question. At car shows I've been to with the doors up on my car the wind didn't seem to affect them. When the wind was strong enough to blow people's trunk lids shut my doors remained motionless. The gentleman who made the movie has driven down the street with the doors open at 25mph and the doors remained up. As for the tolerance of movement the hinges are made out of steel and machined aluminum pieces, so in my opinion they should endure more than wind or slight pressure. If you push on them yes they sway to prevent damage to the frame that it's bolted to. A full grown adult would have to put a lot of force in to the side of the door to make it fail. When I wash my car I hold the inside of the door to dry it just because it makes it easier to dry not because I'm worried of damaging them. I have had mine on for two years now and I abuse them just to be able to answer questions like this and they are as strong as the day I put them on. These or build a lot stronger then the stock hinges. I hope this answers your question if you have anymore ???? just ask

Thanks Jesse

[This message has been edited by 88lambofiero (edited 11-19-2009).]

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

88lambofiero

258 posts
Member since Jun 2008

Originally posted by falcon_ca:

88lambofiero,

Do you think we might need different shock strenght depending on car options such as PW and PL?

Doors are heavier with those.

They now come with a 130 lbs and a 150 lbs strut for each door you can get heavier struts if you like for a small fee the options only add about 8 lbs
couldahadaV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by silver 85 sc:

Starting to play with Solid Works. Here is my first video. It's not very good, but pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mshjfDD3AMk

Rich

Can't wait untill the full-length feature film comes out!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Jesse ... mine havent arrived yet but I'm sure pretty soon hehehe I feel like a kid waitin on Santa during the night !!!!! wooo hooo
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Jesse ... mine havent arrived yet but I'm sure pretty soon hehehe I feel like a kid waitin on Santa during the night !!!!! wooo hooo

I was told 6-10 day and we are on day 8 so it should be in the next couple of day I can't wait ether
weaselbeak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2009 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
I was a bit surprised at how far the doors swing out in the video. Viewed in person, they did not seem so far out. Also, I was allowed to "test" the sideplay and it really didn't bother me at all. I really think the video doesn't do justice. Aside from an engine swap, this is the most kick-ass thing you can do to a Fiero.

[This message has been edited by weaselbeak (edited 11-20-2009).]

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2009 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88lambofiero:

Hi Greg!

Good question. At car shows I've been to with the doors up on my car the wind didn't seem to affect them. When the wind was strong enough to blow people's trunk lids shut my doors remained motionless. The gentleman who made the movie has driven down the street with the doors open at 25mph and the doors remained up. As for the tolerance of movement the hinges are made out of steel and machined aluminum pieces, so in my opinion they should endure more than wind or slight pressure. If you push on them yes they sway to prevent damage to the frame that it's bolted to. A full grown adult would have to put a lot of force in to the side of the door to make it fail. When I wash my car I hold the inside of the door to dry it just because it makes it easier to dry not because I'm worried of damaging them. I have had mine on for two years now and I abuse them just to be able to answer questions like this and they are as strong as the day I put them on. These or build a lot stronger then the stock hinges. I hope this answers your question if you have anymore ???? just ask

Thanks Jesse

Thanks for your quick response. You know what I am talking about, but I was wondering what the data measurement of the "side to side" play in the vertical position is, and if it can be adjusted/reduced in any way?

Thanks again,
Greg
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-20-2009 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the video Pegasus. Great looking car. I like the Lambo doors even more because of your input. I think that someone should buy you lunch for posting it up.

To keep it up there.

Tony
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock