Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  WOO HOO WE BOLTED ON OUR VERTICAL DOOR HINGES!! (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
WOO HOO WE BOLTED ON OUR VERTICAL DOOR HINGES!! by silver 85 sc
Started on: 10-21-2009 06:39 PM
Replies: 322
Last post by: EvilSqueezles on 06-23-2013 02:47 PM
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Will be making payment on the 11th. $750, correct?

The Riv
IP: Logged
88lambofiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

Will be making payment on the 11th. $750, correct?

The Riv

That is correct. I have a new design its a little slimmer to fit better under the fender. I do have a set if you want them right away. The new set will take a little longer then two weeks. Just let me know what one you would like.
Thanks, Jesse
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post
If you are still making these in a couple of months, I hope to get a set between now and spring time.

Charlie

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Can you exlain a little deeper in the new design and will I be the first one with this design? Were there any problems with the older design? I hate to be the first on something newly design but interested. What exactly is going to be shaved down for clearance?

The Riv

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 01-04-2011).]

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Can you exlain a little deeper in the new design and will I be the first one with this design? Were there any problems with the older design? I hate to be the first on something newly design but interested. What exactly is going to be shaved down for clearance?

The Riv

No, there is nothing wrong with the old design. I took a spacer out of the sway arm that isn't needed anymore due to the fact that now I can get smaller bearings. It is still as structurally sound as the old set. No pivet points have changed, I just shaved off some excess 'fat'. You would be the first person to purchase a set with the new design. Otherwise, I do have an old set that I could sell you if you were interested in that. Otherwise, with the new set it could take up to 3 to 4 weeks to get the parts cut and assembled.
Thanks!
Jesse
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Put me in for the newest design. I'm sold. I will make payment next Tuesday. Just send me your PayPal address.

The Riv
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Put me in for the newest design. I'm sold. I will make payment next Tuesday. Just send me your PayPal address.

The Riv

PM sent
Thanks
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88lambofiero:

No, there is nothing wrong with the old design. I took a spacer out of the sway arm that isn't needed anymore due to the fact that now I can get smaller bearings. It is still as structurally sound as the old set. No pivet points have changed, I just shaved off some excess 'fat'. You would be the first person to purchase a set with the new design. Otherwise, I do have an old set that I could sell you if you were interested in that. Otherwise, with the new set it could take up to 3 to 4 weeks to get the parts cut and assembled.
Thanks!
Jesse

whew!!!

these are gr8 for our cars, kudos!

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Bump, five more days left before I make payment. Can't wait.

The Riv
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Bump

Jesse you have a pm.

The Riv
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Bump

Jesse you have a pm.

The Riv

PM sent
PFF
System Bot
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Payment sent.

The Riv
tgmchuck

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2011 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tgmchuckSend a Private Message to tgmchuckDirect Link to This Post
You will have an order as soon as the irs gives me my money!

------------------
-------------------------------------------------------
First car love - Fiero 86 SE 2.8 - RIP
Next Car love -MiniViper - 87 GT work in progress
- 88 Formula work also in progress

tgmchuck

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgmchuckSend a Private Message to tgmchuckDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent via Paypal.

------------------
-------------------------------------------------------
First car love - Fiero 86 SE 2.8 - RIP
Next Car love -MiniViper - 87 GT work in progress
- 88 Formula work also in progress

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tgmchuck:

Payment sent via Paypal.

PM sent
Thanks for the business
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Recieved the package, will try to install them during the week.

Thanks, Chris
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2011 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!!!!!!!!
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2011 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!!!
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

That is correct. I have a new design its a little slimmer to fit better under the fender. I do have a set if you want them right away. The new set will take a little longer then two weeks. Just let me know what one you would like.
Thanks, Jesse

wonder if these would work on a Mera??
any number/measurement you would need to find out??
and does the fender panel have to come off to install?? i did not read the whole 7 pages.

i have seen them (not yours) on an Aldino and it looked real nice........ hit me back, here or in a PM. thanks

Daniel

falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post
First ride of the year for the Thestral, with her new wings

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 |
4.9 ongoing project | Parts for sale

[This message has been edited by falcon_ca (edited 05-31-2011).]

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2011 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by falcon_ca:

First ride of the year for the Thestral, with her new wings

The car looks great. Its pics like this that keep me making these.
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2011 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
I see you got them on and working EXCELLENT !!!! makes The Sombral look out of this world !!!!

------------------

My build Thread
http://www.tylerstoy.com

falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

I see you got them on and working EXCELLENT !!!! makes The Sombral look out of this world !!!!

The passenger door is not exactly what I was expecting but I will rework it next winter.

Anybody done tests with heavier struts? (>280lbs)

------------------

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 |
4.9 ongoing project | Parts for sale

Ticketmagnet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TicketmagnetSend a Private Message to TicketmagnetDirect Link to This Post
I Am DEFINITELY Getting A Set Of These ASAP! I Do Need To Put Tires On It First Though So I Probably Won't Be Placing An Order Until Late July - Early August. Looks Like You Have A Truly Amazing Product

------------------
1984 2m4
My pretty red ticket magnet

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post

The passenger door is not exactly what I was expecting but I will rework it next winter.

Anybody done tests with heavier struts? (>280lbs)

what issue did u run into with that door?

falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

what issue did u run into with that door?

I don't know if it comes from the car or the hinge but the door is pretty hard to adjust. I am not able to allign the door with the quarter panel. The struts are also rubbing a little bit agains the hinge arm.

Also, at the bottom of both doors, with the windows down, there is a space of about 3 / 4 inch between the door and the weatherstrip. The space disapear when the windows are up.

------------------

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 |Work done 11-12 |
4.9 ongoing project |Parts for sale

seafoodlover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverDirect Link to This Post
The doors look great! love the smooth agressive look from the back.

[This message has been edited by seafoodlover (edited 07-08-2011).]

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

I don't know if it comes from the car or the hinge but the door is pretty hard to adjust. I am not able to allign the door with the quarter panel. The struts are also rubbing a little bit agains the hinge arm.

Also, at the bottom of both doors, with the windows down, there is a space of about 3 / 4 inch between the door and the weatherstrip. The space disapear when the windows are up.

Remove a little of the bottom of the steel door plate on the hinge and the door should move in more on the bottom that will go away. I had to do that on one of my doors. As for the rubbing that isn't a big problem but that is fixed now. I have the same set as you and mine have been rubbing for two years no problems. Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by 88lambofiero (edited 07-08-2011).]

falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post

Remove a little of the bottom of the steel door plate on the hinge and the door should move in more on the bottom that will go away. I had to do that on one of my doors. As for the rubbing that isn't a big problem but that is fixed now. I have the same set as you and mine have been rubbing for two years no problems. Hope this helps.

I can not figure out what you mean.

------------------

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 |Work done 11-12 |
4.9 ongoing project |Parts for sale

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

I can not figure out what you mean.

the flat part of the hinge that bolts to your door. remove a little bit of the lower part of the steel plate on the outside edge this will allow the bottom of your door to move in more. this should get rid of your gap. I will PM you my phone number call if you still don't understand
jaybug56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Direct Link to This Post
BUMP PM sent
PFF
System Bot
jaybug56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Direct Link to This Post
Payment Sent
1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
Now I know what I am getting with next years tax return!
falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a good product
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
I bought a set of used hinges off a forum member, check this out:

Thats a LOT of distortion on the drivers side (left) hinge for the door mounting surface. The PO tells me he didn't notice and that it didn't affect mounting, I'm not saying anything against him. What do you guys think, will I have any issues? I'm surprised to see this kind of deformation.
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Mount them on and find out. Vertical hinges aren't to be hanging off of or operated by people that don't know how to open and close them.

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Thats a LOT of distortion on the drivers side (left) hinge for the door mounting surface. The PO tells me he didn't notice and that it didn't affect mounting, I'm not saying anything against him. What do you guys think, will I have any issues? I'm surprised to see this kind of deformation.

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Mount them on and find out. Vertical hinges aren't to be hanging off of or operated by people that don't know how to open and close them.

Can't, they wont be installed until next spring at the earliest.
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Did the package arrived damage? How he couldn't notice the left one wasn't distorted is odd because it's obvious in the pic. Something major happened to the one hinge. Make sure you really inspect the welds on that one hinge just to make sure they weren't compromised. Don't want that door falling on anybody.

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 09-22-2011).]

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
This is not from welding I would never send that out. It looks like he had it installed and let the door fall down. When I weld them I let them cool down sometime to make sure that doesn't happen. They should still work it just might take a little more adjustment.

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
88lambofiero that makes sense now that you mentioned it. PO probably didn't has the shocks on them at the time.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock