Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  WOO HOO WE BOLTED ON OUR VERTICAL DOOR HINGES!! (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
WOO HOO WE BOLTED ON OUR VERTICAL DOOR HINGES!! by silver 85 sc
Started on: 10-21-2009 06:39 PM
Replies: 322
Last post by: EvilSqueezles on 06-23-2013 02:47 PM
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
pm and payment sent.
IP: Logged
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post

topcat

5486 posts
Member since Dec 2001
edi - double post

[This message has been edited by topcat (edited 04-24-2010).]

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
What is the price on this kit?

------------------

1 of 2: Graphite Grey Pearl 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 2000 L67 Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.0@118mph, 1.89 60ft w/True Street Radial Tires not Drag Radials!)
New Engine on the Road again! FTW Motorsports style!
312rwhp/332rwtq

My CarDomain Site

88lambofiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

What is the price on this kit?

750.00 shipped to you
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Do you have a pic from behind the car with the doors up? That will help me decide. Is the kit a bolt on or do I still have to do so welding? Need a price on the ss hinges.

Dave
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

Do you have a pic from behind the car with the doors up? That will help me decide. Is the kit a bolt on or do I still have to do so welding? Need a price on the ss hinges.

Dave

Hi Dave

I don't have a pic from behind but I will take one for you. But keep in mind I still have the first ones on my car so they my not be even. I am trying to get a new set on my car by the dells run but I keep getting orders which works for me but slows down getting a new set on my car. The ss one run 850.00 shipped to you. They are not polished you will have to do that. I believe you live in the U.S right?

Thanks Jesse

[This message has been edited by 88lambofiero (edited 04-25-2010).]

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Bump

Just pm me the pics and I'll need your paypal for payment. Will send the payment on May 1st.

Thanks
Dave

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2010 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Another person wanting the kit.
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2010 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

Bump

Just pm me the pics and I'll need your paypal for payment. Will send the payment on May 1st.

Thanks
Dave

PM sent Thanks Dave
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
Two set sent out Gwain and Topcat enjoy
Gwain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GwainClick Here to visit Gwain's HomePageSend a Private Message to GwainDirect Link to This Post
Got mine. Look good. Now to schedule the installation.

Marc

------------------
Marc in sunny Titusville, FL

• 84 SE son's car, loaded
  • 85 Coup w/V6 transplant
  • 85 GT newly on the road
  • 86 SE/GT "The Chameleon" - big plans!
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gwain:

Got mine. Look good. Now to schedule the installation.

Marc

Marc, which car is getting the wings ?

Gwain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GwainClick Here to visit Gwain's HomePageSend a Private Message to GwainDirect Link to This Post
Tony:

Haven't made a final decision. So many projects . . . so little time!

Marc

------------------
Marc in sunny Titusville, FL

• 84 SE son's car, loaded
  • 85 Coup w/V6 transplant
  • 85 GT newly on the road
  • 86 SE/GT "The Chameleon" - big plans!
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jesse
I tried that tweek you told me over the phone. I'm still rubbing and the bottom right Driver side door could you re-explain here ... picture is worth 1000 words. I attached a recent pic.
Thanks
Dan

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
Hi Dan! Sorry the other method didn't work. Let's give this a try. You will have to go out and buy two washers or however many it will take I guess. Loosen the top two bolts of the door itself and put the washers in between the door and door plate to space out the top of the door. This should push the top of door out and hopefully level the door up. You may need to loosen the main hinge and slide it towards the front of the car so you don't rub on top and bottom. This is a prime example of no two fiero's being the same because everything is machined and lasered and jig welded together.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-18-2010 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88lambofiero:

This is a prime example of no two fiero's being the same because everything is machined and lasered and jig welded together.

Ever so true. Even cars built on different days, get different build qualities. I have heard that not to buy a car on Friday. Payday is Thrusday, and the drinking begins just after the money hits the hand. Looking at your pics danyel, it looks like some basic shimming should do the trick. Wish that I was there to help? Still working on Amy for permission to buy these for myself.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
88lambofiero --- You are right .... no two same make and model cars are built exactly alike... ahhhrggghh move the hinge down is going to be a pain but anyway a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do ... will follow up tomorrow THANKS JESSE !!!

(once again excellent support !!! )

Danyel
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
Hay a guy order a set from Medical Lake Wa. I think thats close to you Tony Kania
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-19-2010 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
It is rather close to me? I just don't know who it is? Maybe they want it to be a secret?

I have always been interested in your design. I wish that I could just send you a check, but prioroties. But, until that time comes, you have my support. It just seems like you stand by your hinges, and really are offering them at a very fair price.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Tony Kania ... I positive you will get these... do the priorities and soon you will be like us ... Jesse has been behind me every step of the way and beleive me I'm not a car expert ... just a computer tech ... he had his work cut out ... any way I know that these hinges are the best bolt-ons I've seen around ... they are NOT perfect... but not very far from it. I will stand behind Jesse kit ANYDAY ... I even offered him to be a canadian distributor ... He has given me excellent support even going out of his way to call me on the phone !!! Any way hope ypu get them soon ... they are worth every penny and more... the only down side I found so far is ... been busy talkin to curious people when they see the Widow's doors up and not getting the work on hand done !!!
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post
I dont know if this question has been asked before, but what is the advantage/disadvantage of having 2 separated hinges instead of a long single one such as the Decah on this picture.

The weight of the door is not better distributed with two hinges linked?

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08
Work done 08-09
Work done 09-10
4.9 ongoing project

PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
That is a good question ... I'm not sure that if you linked Jesse's Hinges top and bottom the weight distribution would be better... but I know one thing for a fact ... they would weigh twice the actual weight ... more weight = more shipping cost..... and more material ... you could always link them together yourself and save on shipping
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Mine arrived yesterday. The look great and were packaged well.

I am looking forward to getting them on the car.

Stay tuned
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Has the power options wiring been worked out? Once i get a few things straight i would like a set within the next 2 to 3 weeks hopefully sooner.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
I think it is resolved with these but I feel the are a wee bit too long .... Jesse can you confirm ?? You will have to lengthen the wires anyway ..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...geName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I'm not sure if the braided would rub on the door support lever and crack ... These are over $70 to Canada ... someone will need to buy and test these ...I use my OEM rubber gromets and black plastic wire pass through works well for now .. will post pic tomorrow.... Please if someone buys these let me know if they work ... THANKS !!!

Danyel
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
I will buy a set and let everyone know
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
88lambofiero I'm not out of the game yet. I was rear ended couple weeks back and was looking for another Fiero. Will be buying one today. So I'll be hitting you up in a week or two. I didn't forget about you.

Dave
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

If you do and they are a good fit ....can you buy me a set and ship to me .... he's asking 45$ for shipping to Canada &*%?$(*( ... Will paypal you ... THANKS JESSE !!!
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
88lambofiero here it is. The lady that owned the car was very friendly and we agreed to an honest price. I'm not going to lie the car is far from perfect. Pics always makes anything look better than what it really is. I'll be contacting you in about two weeks. I'm back on the saddle again.

Dave

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 05-22-2010).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

any news ??

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
24" is to long 14" would be perfect so I didn't order them. I am looking for shorter ones to try so I will let you know what I find .
PFF
System Bot
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post

24" is to long 14" would be perfect so I didn't order them. I am looking for shorter ones to try so I will let you know what I find .

SummitRacing sell 18" longs ones

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HFM-DLOOMBL18/

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!!!

pegasus1848

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Direct Link to This Post
It isn't the best video I have ever shot.
You can go to this link at YouTube to see a high speed run of 88lambo's doors.
If you pause it at the right spots you can just make out the speedo.
As they say on mythbusters ... don;t try this at home, you have to take it on the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQq6fO41TFY
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

88lambofiero,

Love how your car is turning out !

With your headlamps it kinda reminds me of this beauty !

The chop and the widebody is going to put it over the top !
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-11-2010 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
What he said! ^^^^^

(I actually wrote something out. Re-read what Exoticse wrote. Then, I just went with what he said. )
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
video from inside the car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70-TZZ-wwvk

[This message has been edited by 88lambofiero (edited 06-13-2010).]

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
How do i order a set ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Bump! For another person enquiring about the VDC kit.
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

How do i order a set ?

You just have to confirm with me that you want a set and send me the funds via paypal or cashiers check. Paypal info (itsmyfiero@aol.com) if you use cashiers check contact me for the address. Stainless are 850.00 (this will be the last set of stainless I'm making) or 750.00 for steel shipped to your door in the US. They take about two weeks to fabricate.
Thanks, Jesse
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock