Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  WOO HOO WE BOLTED ON OUR VERTICAL DOOR HINGES!! (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
WOO HOO WE BOLTED ON OUR VERTICAL DOOR HINGES!! by silver 85 sc
Started on: 10-21-2009 06:39 PM
Replies: 322
Last post by: EvilSqueezles on 06-23-2013 02:47 PM
88lambofiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2009 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

Thanks for your quick response. You know what I am talking about, but I was wondering what the data measurement of the "side to side" play in the vertical position is, and if it can be adjusted/reduced in any way?

Thanks again,
Greg

The side to side movement sorry to say can not be adjusted away. Its not as bad as it looks in the video it is about 2" this weekend i will get a exact measurement. It would take about 15 to 20 mph winds to move them from side to side. I played with archies lambo door kit in chicago and his move just as much as mine. If they didn't move there would be damage to the frame. It has a guide that it rides on to stop most of the movement otherwise the door would hit car. it is a heavy door about 60" in the air so some movement is to be expected

I own page three wooo hooo

[This message has been edited by 88lambofiero (edited 11-20-2009).]

IP: Logged
pegasus1848

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2009 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Direct Link to This Post
Hi again ..... I did the tape measure thing this evening.

My doors swing out 20.75 inches, measured from face of black body trim to face of black door trim.
Somebody else is going to have to measure their car door to get what the regular swing out is because
I don't have a normal one any more. My guess is about 55 or 57 inches.
The other day I was playing with a picture of the side of my car, door open, using a editing program
and figured out that if I rotate the picture from the body black trim at dead level till the door black trim
was dead level it turns out that it opens up to between 74 and 75 deg.
I measured the sway also. At the black trim with moderate pressure I got 4.25 inches total a little
over 2 each way. I sort of remember that on several of my cars the original hinge set had a little give
or flex in them when they where full open, but I don't remember how much.

Steve

------------------

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2009 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you finally got a thread on these babies. Folks, I met Jess at the Dells show and saw/tested his product first hand. Have no fears, he and the hinges are Legit. Alot of hard work went into their development and this is a real attempt for the Fiero community to have an affordable, quality, bolt on verticle door kit.
Hope to see you again next year, Jess.

------------------
87 GT Tilt Clip-Widebody-RamAir-Fastback-GlassHatch Powered by SBC 383 6-speed w/ NOS
Build Thread

Goals in Life:
1. Get Married..........Check!
2. Build Dream Car..........Check!
3. Get Wife to Come Back...

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2009 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
Nice to hear from you clayton. I still love that pic, when are you buying a set they would look great on your car. I hope to see you at the dells. Are going to the 30th?
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2009 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

88lambofiero

258 posts
Member since Jun 2008
Here is a e-mail from matt he is the one putting them on a fino

Jesse,
The hinges are on the car, and working great. The guys at the body shop said they were the easiest they ever put on. Appreciate the great product. The
car is still in the body shop. There is a lot of filling and sanding with the fino kits, and I had them make some cosmetic changes, so its sort of a fino now.
They should be done and the car in the paint shop first week of december.
I appreciate you checking, and I will be sure to take pictures as soon as the car is done.

Matt
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2009 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

88lambofiero,

I sent you a PM regarding the hinges. Have you received it?

DavePatron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DavePatronClick Here to visit DavePatron's HomePageSend a Private Message to DavePatronDirect Link to This Post
sick fiero!

------------------
want a real upgrade?
Lamborghini Kit Cars

DavePatron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DavePatronClick Here to visit DavePatron's HomePageSend a Private Message to DavePatronDirect Link to This Post

DavePatron

159 posts
Member since Sep 2009
sick fiero!

------------------
want a real upgrade?
Lamborghini Kit Cars

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:

88lambofiero,

I sent you a PM regarding the hinges. Have you received it?

I did and sent one to you I will send it again
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88lambofiero:

Nice to hear from you clayton. I still love that pic, when are you buying a set they would look great on your car. I hope to see you at the dells. Are going to the 30th?

It's on my list of things to get.
As for the 30th...Wouldn't miss it for the world and I have a surprise instore. (well, I hope it's finished by then)
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Quick question.....How much to modify my universals?
Also, would love to see the set mounted on a Fino as I plan to do the same to my Fino and my F355 Spider (hence why I have 2 universal sets)

------------------
When life gives you lemons, thank them for the Fiero.

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 11-23-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ClayTonto:

It's on my list of things to get.
As for the 30th...Wouldn't miss it for the world and I have a surprise instore. (well, I hope it's finished by then)

To be a tease is not cool can I drive your beautiful car again plllllleeeeaaaassseee
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Quick question.....How much to modify my universals?
Also, would love to see the set mounted on a Fino as I plan to do the same to my Fino and my F355 Spider (hence why I have 2 universal sets)

I'm not sure we even want to mess with changing someone else's product. It would be like starting over. And knowing that it took over 2 years to get ours right we'll pass. Throw them on Ebay and start over with ours.

Rich
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoDirect Link to This Post

To be a tease is not cool can I drive your beautiful car again plllllleeeeaaaassseee

Sure, why not
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Guess who came to visit today SANTA !!!!!! Will start install tomorrow will also do video for Jesse .... !!! Stay tuned ppl more pics to come !!!!

------------------

The Black Widow Site

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
I have started the install you can follow it here ... I have made video but will put them up early next week....

Here is the link to Jesse Custom'ss Lambo door hinges

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...7670-2.html#lastpost

Danyel

------------------

The Black Widow Site

Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2009 05:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

Danyel,

Following your install, I too am concerning about all the wiring issues for the door. Like you, my GT is equiipped with Pwr Windows, Pwr Locks, Mirrors, and other stuff. It will be interesting to see how you deal and resolve the issue.

Good luck on you install.
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2009 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
I did forgot the nut and bolt that goes in that hole on Dans hinge. If he would like I will get the bolt and send it to him . As for the wiring I would cut the wires just behind the clip on the door so just the wires come out of the door that way it fits through the hole in the hinge, add a length of wire and put the plug in the car. Pegasus1848 cut the rubber boot and turned the ribbed part inside out I will get a pic of it.
pegasus1848

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Direct Link to This Post
I removed the big lump of rubber that was the door end of the boot.
Then with the body part of the boot installed in the car like normal I pushed the ribs in to the hole in the center.
If there had been any wires to install I would have gone to a electrical supply house and gotten a few feet of
1/2" or 3/4" greenfield or seal-tight and the correct fittings and lock-nut.
Mount the fitting to one end of the tubing and mount that end into the door, the other end would just be pushed
through the inverted boot in the car body.
Like Jesse said, if the wiring is long enough they could be accessed from inside the car and slid in and out of the tubing.

Steve
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
I noticed that you have no power anything ... I will try an idea this weekend and post here and on my thread...
Dan
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

88lambofiero,

Question for you, once you recieve an order what is the expected delivery time to the customer? The reason for the question is that I work out of the country, rotational, I just want to ensure that if and when I place an order the arrival of the merchandise coninsides with me being the country and not on the dark side of the planet.

Thanks
PFF
System Bot
fierogtman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtmanSend a Private Message to fierogtmanDirect Link to This Post
anyone that purchases these, please keep us updated on ease of install and quality of workmanship in product.
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

88lambofiero,

Question for you, once you recieve an order what is the expected delivery time to the customer? The reason for the question is that I work out of the country, rotational, I just want to ensure that if and when I place an order the arrival of the merchandise coninsides with me being the country and not on the dark side of the planet.

Thanks

I can usually can get them in the mail in about a week or less I do have the stuff that takes longer to make on hand so it will be faster now
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

Thanks 88lambofiero for your quick response.

Danyel,
Any update on your wiring issues and how you are addressing? Thanks
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2009 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Thanks 88lambofiero for your quick response.

Danyel,
Any update on your wiring issues and how you are addressing? Thanks

I haven't had to install them on a car with all options. But I would cut the wire clip on the door and lengthen the wires coming from the door then put the clip back on so the clip is in the car so you just have to wrap the wire not the clip hope this helps
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2009 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Or, just retrofit the car to use these...

Chrysler uses similar, so you can get them from any late model Chrysler in the salvage yard.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2009 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Hello to all;

I dont have any pics to post but this is what I did to solve the wiring issue ;

I cut the rubber grommets 1 inch from the side wall and passed the wires through a black plastic wire shield. The wiring is long enough so NO cutting is required. I will post photos tomorrow. So basically the passenger door is now installed and working great with a little tweeking. (I will also post video). Kit is 50% installed. I have completed the updates of the install instructions. Jesse will receive a copy of this on my return from my business trip this friday... videos included. As a resumé here are my thoughts and suggestions.

1. The kit is well manufactured and are almost a work of art.
2. Shipping these is very heavy and styrofoam should be used to keep the hinges from breaking through the cardboard box. Mine had 3 holes. (Un-dammaged though)
3. The installation went VERY well and has a 6 out of 10 difficulty level (I'm a computer tech hehehehe )
4. Price of these are well below cost of any bolt-ons or Universal Kits I have ever seen, and the shipping cost are good.
5. I would recommend these to anyone who wants that " special " look to their Fieros.
6. The instructions lacked a couple of things but Jesse will receive the updated version by Friday with video of course of my build.
7. Was missing 2 bolts, 4 washers and 2 nuts but that was a VERY minor issue !! Jesse offered right away shipping of these free...
8. Jesse called me a couple of times ... so his after sales follow up is a 10 out of 10
9. I do NOT know in the longrun how these will turn out but something tells me they will stand the test of time..

Personnally Jesse's Customs Kit is excellent product. This item stands well ahead of any so called bolt-on or Universal kits. This kits is also reversible and can be swapped to another Fiero with ease.... or reverted to OEM hinges without visual residue.

If any of you have questions please send PM or email me webmaster(at)phantaziagrafx(dot)com

------------------

The Black Widow Build Site
Lambo Doors (Being Installed)

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 12-06-2009).]

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2009 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Or, just retrofit the car to use these...

Chrysler uses similar, so you can get them from any late model Chrysler in the salvage yard.

I thought about those but that is more cutting in the car and a lot of people don't like to do that. But thanks for the help
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2009 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

I thought about those but that is more cutting in the car and a lot of people don't like to do that. But thanks for the help

The ones that Chrysler uses are blocks that mount on the surface, from what I can see...
They are still an option. People can choose to extend their wires through a loom, or use the connectors.. either/or situation.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

Although the "Modular Door Contacts" idea is great is may be well suited if you have gear that needs to be powered when the door is open. I.e. courtesy lights, speakers, etc. On my vehicle I have both courtesy and warning lights. With the "Modular Door Contacts" in place and when the door would be open those lights would not operate as they do now.

My 2cents
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Although the "Modular Door Contacts" idea is great is may be well suited if you have gear that needs to be powered when the door is open. I.e. courtesy lights, speakers, etc. On my vehicle I have both courtesy and warning lights. With the "Modular Door Contacts" in place and when the door would be open those lights would not operate as they do now.

My 2cents

True. I can see where a white courtesy light on the bottom of the door would be good for a Lambo style door.
PFF
System Bot
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post
I have been searching for what is available in the way of "Door Wire Looms" that could be installed once the vertical is installed. It would appear that thee is not a very wide selection to choose from. So far, all I have come up with if 12" or 18' SS Door Looms or 7.5" Rubber Door looms. Like I said, not a very big choice.

Will keep searching or options. The way I figure it, one needs to protect the electrcial items and wiring to and from the doors.

Again only my 2cents.

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Cajun ... I have done this with a plastic wire pass through sold in any good automotive shop .... I ordered 1 inch braided stainless steal tubing... as soon as I get it I will install and take pics .... a member here on PFF gave me that tip
Dan

------------------

The Black Widow Build Site
Lambo Doors (Being Installed)

Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

88lambofiero,

Jesse,

PM sent.....

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

88lambofiero,

Jesse,

PM sent.....

Cajun

PM sent

Thanks Jesse
j2keel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for j2keelSend a Private Message to j2keelDirect Link to This Post
These look legit!
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2010 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
Cajun

Your hinges will be in the mail tomorrow

Thanks Jesse
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2010 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
j2keel you can count on that Jesse's hinges are really excellent .... I have been waiting for my new digital camera.....to post pics ... very soon !!! I dropped my old one doing Jesse's install videos...

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 01-07-2010).]

Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2010 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

Cajun

Your hinges will be in the mail tomorrow

Thanks Jesse

Thanks Jesse for the feedback. Currently, I'm on the dark side of the planet.

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!!!!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock