Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  WOO HOO WE BOLTED ON OUR VERTICAL DOOR HINGES!! (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
WOO HOO WE BOLTED ON OUR VERTICAL DOOR HINGES!! by silver 85 sc
Started on: 10-21-2009 06:39 PM
Replies: 322
Last post by: EvilSqueezles on 06-23-2013 02:47 PM
hobodude34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2010 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hobodude34Send a Private Message to hobodude34Direct Link to This Post
88lambofiero You have a PM I am needing a set as soon as possible. please Pm me or call me. Thanks.

Edit....
WAHOOOO New Page

[This message has been edited by hobodude34 (edited 01-31-2010).]

IP: Logged
88lambofiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2010 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
PM sent with the info you need
hobodude34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2010 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hobodude34Send a Private Message to hobodude34Direct Link to This Post
Pm Back At You boy this game sure is good. anyone else wanna play? lol Thanks.
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2010 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
Money request sent
hobodude34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2010 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hobodude34Send a Private Message to hobodude34Direct Link to This Post
Pm you and payment sent
hobodude34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2010 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hobodude34Send a Private Message to hobodude34Direct Link to This Post
bummpppp..... ???
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
Corey
Hinges sent enjoy
thanks again Jesse
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!!!!
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

Jesse,

After watching several vertical hinge installed on Utube, I was wondering if anyone have installed their hinges without taking the door apart completely? I can see where there would be advantages to doing the install in that manner.

Thanks,
Mike
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
Mike

No they haven't, other cars doors have threads in them so that the bolt goes in from the outside in, so you don't have to take the door apart. We don't have that luxury, the only real way of getting the new bolts in is to remove the outer door skin. Once you remove the stock door hinges you have no way of moving the door. Hope this answers your question.

Thanks!! Jesse
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Cajun -- it is impossible to install the hinges without removing the skins. The OEM hinge bolts are screwed in from the inside. and you have to unplug the wires for the accessories (PDL, PW, PM) in order to pass them through the lambo door hinges hole.
Danyel (still waitin on my camera grr)

------------------

Shaved Lambo Doors
http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

PFF
System Bot
hobodude34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hobodude34Send a Private Message to hobodude34Direct Link to This Post
Installed!! Great Product..... and Great support after the sale.. I do how ever have want to say I have a couple suggestions on how to make it better (please contact me)... soo on the drivers side i drilled the two holes and cut the lip of the car to make them fit properly and bolted everything together as said to. only to find out that the two bolts that i had to drill hole for the retainer peice to go into had pulled out and now the bracket had bent and after straitening it out and reinstalling it i skipped on putting the bolts in the forward part of the hinge and luckly had a welder and welded it and did the same on the passenger side. And I have followed this Topic for some time before purchasing these hinges and was under the impression and told that i would only need a drill and specific drill bit. but i did need a welder.. and how else would i have gotten the bolt anchor in the two holes i drilled at the specific size to hold? i also did not know that i would have to cut some of the car.. which is probably my fault for not paying attention or asking enought questions. I do thank you for a Great product and Great support, the advertisement could use improvement and description of installation. and maybe sending instructions before purchasing might help.

edit to add
I also did not know that i would have to cut some of the trim on the body to be able to clear i was not told about this.

Thanks
corey

[This message has been edited by hobodude34 (edited 02-17-2010).]

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
Well, I'm glad you liked the product for the most part. The bolts are rivet nuts, and rivet nuts mushroom out at the end once you've applied enough force. They are what are holding my doors and all the other doors I've sent hinges to. The only thing I can think of is that you didn't get them tightened enough for them to mushroom out so that's why they slid right out. Otherwise, I've never had anyone else that needed a welder. I do have in step 12 about cutting the trim. Every door is different and needs different adjusting to this so there was no specifics to put in. There is no structural changes needed to the vehicle which is why this is a mostly bolt on set. Everything is easily put back if wanting to go back to original hinges. The trim part is an easily replaceable piece if you would ever go back. I'm sorry that wasn't made clear before purchasing. I'm always available if you ever have questions. I hope your satisfied with the product, I appreciate your business and your input. I'm always looking for ways to improve.
Thanks!
Jesse
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the feedback. If one does not ask the questions, they would not know why certain things need to be the way they are.

If the weather holds this weekend I plan on beginning my install of the vertical hinges. I will do my best to document.

Mike
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!!!!
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

After much deliberation I have decided to hold off on the vertical hinge install until spring and warmer better weather. Not to mention the fact that additional items (clips, rivets, etc.) must be secured before the start of the install.

In addition; while the car will be for all practical purposes pretty much disassembled there are other things that need to be addressed. Thought it would be a good opportunity to catch all items during the same time frame.

Looking forward to the install and warmer better weather.

Mike
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88lambofiero:

BUMP!!!!

Have you've been getting any PM's about your VDC kit? I've been sending customers to your door steps since you first sucessfully installed them.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Have you've been getting any PM's about your VDC kit? I've been sending customers to your door steps since you first sucessfully installed them.

Madcul: I am not sure nobody has said that you sent them to me but I have sold a couple of sets so thanks my be in order

Cajun: I can't wait to see the car

[This message has been edited by 88lambofiero (edited 02-27-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88lambofiero:

Madcul: I am not sure nobody has said that you sent them to me but I have sold a couple of sets so thanks my be in order

Cajun: I can't wait to see the car

You're welcome. Granted, I'm not sure if they laid down some bread, but from my emails they appeared to be serious buyers and not posers. Next time you sell a kit ask, "how do you find out about your business." Either way, I'm glad to direct potential customers your direction.
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

You're welcome. Granted, I'm not sure if they laid down some bread, but from my emails they appeared to be serious buyers and not posers. Next time you sell a kit ask, "how do you find out about your business." Either way, I'm glad to direct potential customers your direction.

Directing another customer.
PFF
System Bot
Philero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroDirect Link to This Post
Tag for future reference... Thanks Curly!

------------------
Phil
Always trying to create something new!
'88 SE
'86 GT
'87 GT Extreme body mod and 2.8L Turbo Propane powered (in the garage and getting closer to being completed)

dbjunkies

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dbjunkiesClick Here to visit dbjunkies's HomePageSend a Private Message to dbjunkiesDirect Link to This Post
are you still taking orders for these? $750 for steel set--any difference on a '84 SE? Thanks!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Go here https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/077670-3.html 3rd video of what you get when you buy Jesse's Lambo hinges
Gwain

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GwainClick Here to visit Gwain's HomePageSend a Private Message to GwainDirect Link to This Post
88lambo:

PM sent for order info.

Marc

------------------
Marc in sunny Titusville, FL

• 84 SE son's car, loaded
  • 85 Coup w/V6 transplant
  • 85 GT newly on the road
  • 86 SE/GT "The Chameleon" - big plans!
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
Gwain

PM sent with the info you asked for

Thanks Jesse
topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dbjunkies:

are you still taking orders for these? $750 for steel set... !

I second the question. I intersted in a set.
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
Yes I am taking orders. The hinges bolt on the same no matter what fiero you own. If you have body mods thats a different ordeal then its on you to fit them to work .
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
My lambo doors hinges are installed. I talked with Jesse last night to update him on the hinges and the install package. I did share my thoughts with him but Jesse had already corrected the issues with the package. I will say that this kit is really excellent. If you take your time and be double check all your installations, your hinges will work just great.. like mine You have to understand that the fiero doors were not designed to open in this manner but Jesse's door hinges were built to compensate. You will have to learn the new way to open and close your doors. At first I thought that the door acted flimsy on opening but after carefully looking at what caused this I understood that it was the fiero doors themself that were giving this illusion. You will notice these hinges give a whole new look to your fiero. I personally recommend these hinges, there are other brands available out there for double the price... to my knowledge they are NOT better (after seeing them on my buddies car). So on a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate these a 9. To install them, same scale, I would have to say a 8.5 for I am in IT and not a mechanic. Jesse gives excellent after sales support. He is a trustworthy person and all financial transactions can be safely done with him. For that price you will never find other direct fiero bolt-on hinges with this quality and workmanship..... A++ to you Jesse..... Thanks for making my Fiero that much more of an eye catcher !!!

You can see the videos here https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/077670-3.html

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 04-21-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Do you have the option of setting the angle of how far the hinges open up ??

The reason i ask is on lamborghini cars the doors only open so far and have sort of a 3/4 or cocked like angle that i like. These hinges seem to go straight up and down ?

If you can set the angle these really become cool !
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Well they way they are built right now.... they cannot be set to open to a certain angle ... but if you are good at welding anything is possible ..
PFF
System Bot
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post
Danyel,

I too have a set of Jesses's vertical hinges. I just have not yet installed them That little chore is not currently a priority but will happen by mid-summer, hopefully. So, my question to is, how long did it take for the install? Just trying to figure out the time frame requirement so I can allocate the time. With working overseas, my time home is very limited and there is a need to plan the event to ensure I have the time set aside to do the job correctly. If not, having the time that is I will more than likely postpone the install.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

Cajun
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

The reason i ask is on lamborghini cars the doors only open so far and have sort of a 3/4 or cocked like angle that i like. These hinges seem to go straight up and down ?

Sorry no option for that they did at first but I removed it because of clearance issues. I think it is 70 to 75 degrees

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Cajun --- I did this mod all by myself. To be realistic I calculated that each door took me a week-end to do (19 -21 hours ea.). You must understand that I have a canadian car therefore rusted nuts and bolts were VERY time consuming. I had to buy alot of new parts like doors skins nuts, plastic rivets and riveter... therefore I planned way before I started. I place orders and bought my parts beforehand. You must also count the time for wire lengthening and also the wire pass throughs ....you will have to cut the rubber gromets and install wire protector.. I will post pic tomorrow on that. I have all 3... PDL, PM and PW....... I took my time to check twice and evaluated everything at each step. Nothing was unexpected and done half-a$$ed. On a scale of 1 to 10 how hard it was to do ... I say 8.5 because it was a canadian car probably easier with a non rusted fiero. Take your time I'm sure you will enjoy it like I have ...There is also a learning curve to open and close the doors if you don't want to damage them......... If ya have any problems PM me I'll send you my phone number ...

take care EH !
Danyel
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
88lambofiero mine measured 76 degrees so you are correct ... lots of space to get in
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Cajun here are pics of the wire pass throughs .... still got some work to do

topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have a pic of the trim that has to be cut to clear the door?

- edit - email sent to inquire on buying a set

[This message has been edited by topcat (edited 04-22-2010).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Topcat --- you remove 1/2 inch approx to the edge of fender .... where the blue tape is

Danyel

silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Actually there is and easy way to set the door height on these hinges. In the swing arms there are a pair of slots. A slot filler could be easily put in and trimmed to get the desired angle. Also a hole could be drilled and tapped in the cover plate to limit the verticle swing. This would be a little more difficult because you would have to know where to drill the hole, with an extra set of hands you could hold the door to the proper angle and measure out where to drill the hole.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. I am the other designer on these.

Rich
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

Does anyone have a pic of the trim that has to be cut to clear the door?

- edit - email sent to inquire on buying a set

the first pic is the out trim piece trimmed down and the second pic is the inner fender trimming

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock