My car and its new upgrades by Vendetta
Started on: 01-01-2008 10:47 PM
Replies: 270
Last post by: nosrac on 01-30-2013 11:15 AM
IROCTAFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIERODirect Link to This Post
The only real thing that might bring this car's value down is that AU sticker on the rear glass.

Edited to add: I own page 5. Roll Tide!

[This message has been edited by IROCTAFIERO (edited 07-10-2010).]

IP: Logged
Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IROCTAFIERO:

The only real thing that might bring this car's value down is that AU sticker on the rear glass.

Edited to add: I own page 5. Roll Tide!

Ha ha ha. I guess it depends on the buyers viewpoint hah. War Damn Eagle!

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Time for some updates. The Whodeanie mirror mounts are done and i will soon be getting rid of the stock fiero mirrors and replacing it with a pair of toyota celica mirrors. I also redid my brackets for my headlights and since i had them off the car i figured i would replace my bulbs with better ones. So i did a quick search through Google and found out Philips X-treme Power bulbs were the best bulb to be able to buy from a local store. I also recently bought this rear lip spoiler off of the Ferrario. I couldn't resist. I'm not sure i will keep it exactly the way it is or not. I will have to wait till i get it in and see what it looks like on my car. So here are the pictures.

EDIT: Also i have not adjusted my lights yet.

Austin

Regular lights

Brights

Pics of the spoiler on Ferrario.

[This message has been edited by Vendetta (edited 07-15-2010).]

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post

Vendetta

751 posts
Member since Jul 2004
Time to get new headers. I wasn't informed header wrap destroys the headers but saves the wire loom.

austin
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Well i got the lip spoiler in today. I taped it on to see what it looks like. What do you guys think?

Austin

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Very, very nice addition.

Big thumbs up.
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! I like it but it looks added so I cut it to mold it in. I cut triangles out of cardboard and then trace it on some left over fiberglass. It is to fill the hollowness of the fin once cut. Here are some progress pictures. Let me know what y'all think.

Austin

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post

HAGO!
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Nice work on the car man. Just wondering, what do you think of the hollow sail panels now that you have had them for awhile? I like the way they look and am just wondering what your view of them is..... Oh yeah, like the lip spoiler too.... peace

Pete
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
I love the sail panels. Although I like the tinted ones from a side view point. The fit of these looks perfect and the visibility when driving is a huge plus. I highly recommend a set. Top notch! Thanks for the compliments and sage, I love the lip spoiler.

Austin
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
I think they kinda make the rear look more open and in some ways more interesting to look at. I also have thought that with that open window right next to the engine vent it might actually draw hot air out of the engine compartment due to the flow of air going down the side of the car. Perhaps like a venturi effect in some ways, do you think this might be true or does it just look cool.... ? peace

Pete
PFF
System Bot
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
I honestly do not know but seems like cool air is better than none right haha. Fiberglassing begins tomorrow.

Austin
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Put some tabs and fiberglassed them in and the end pieces as well. My plan right now is the put some screws into the 4 tabs from under the deckild to minimize movement and wiggle room when fiberglassing it to the car. This way i can sand and get a good solid fit.
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Looks good. Now all you need is a Ferrari-like interior to go with everything.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Vendetta:

Your car is looking great! Nice job and very tastefully done.

I may have missed it but where did you get the carbon fiber overlays from?

Thanks
Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 07-25-2010).]

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

Vendetta:

Your car is looking great! Nice job and very tastefully done.

I may have missed it but where did you get the carbon fiber overlays from?

Thanks
Nolan

I was wondering the same thing about the carbon fiber overlays! How much were they and where did they come from

------------------

1 of 2: Graphite Grey Pearl 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 2000 L67 Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.0@118mph, 1.89 60ft w/True Street Radial Tires not Drag Radials!)
New Engine on the Road again! FTW Motorsports style!
312rwhp/332rwtq

My CarDomain Site

GBglide

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GBglideClick Here to visit GBglide's HomePageSend a Private Message to GBglideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kyle1016:

Awesome Fiero! i like all the work done to it. I really like the tail lights, and that you have the pontiac lettering still there. We want to see some more pictures!

I agree, everyone keep the Pontiac logo if you can.

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Well it is time for an update. This past Friday, I had an appointment with Dean (Whodeanie) to install my new mirrors from the Toyota Celica. So we made a day of it and while they did most of the work I snapped a good bit of pictures. While I was enjoying the new mirrors my engine got jealous of the body work being done and decided to I assume, melt my throttle cable. I don’t know for sure I will find out on Wednesday when I replace it. But here is what yall care about….pictures!

Remove the doors.

Cut this section out from both doors.

Weld on the brackets Dean makes.

Trim this part of the doorskin to make room for mirror base.

Installed.

Austin
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post

Vendetta

751 posts
Member since Jul 2004
And to add the carbon fiber overlays are made by Gemico but i bought mine from a forum member. Thanks for the compliments about my car.

Austin
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I'll play the critic... I think C5 Corvette mirrors would have matched what you have going on a little better.. those look slightly "sedan-ish" for such great body lines the rest of the car has. Just my 2 cents.
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I'll play the critic... I think C5 Corvette mirrors would have matched what you have going on a little better.. those look slightly "sedan-ish" for such great body lines the rest of the car has. Just my 2 cents.

I first thought of vette mirrors. But my dad has vette mirrors on his kit and they fit the F355 but on a fiero i think they stick out too far and look goofy without a widebody. I think once the car is one color they will not look so out of place. I don't mind other ideas or critiquing.

Austin
PFF
System Bot
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Well Dean is redoing of my headers because the wrap destroyed it that badly and that should be done around thursday and then i am taking the headers and exhaust to get coated. After that is all done i will have to finish up the body work and get her over to paint. Stay tuned.

Austin
8-P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PDirect Link to This Post
Bump for updates.
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post
That is a beautiful car! Congrats and keep it up.
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! I have been at school and the car is back home in atlanta so its been hard to work on her. However my dad is helping me out and finishing up some of the body work. But in other news my dad's 355 will be getting a 4.9 installed by Dean. Can't wait for that!

Austin

[This message has been edited by Vendetta (edited 10-15-2010).]

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Vendetta (edited 02-13-2011).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Looks great!

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 10-24-2010).]

elitopr

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elitoprClick Here to visit elitopr's HomePageSend a Private Message to elitoprDirect Link to This Post
i like fast back with out wing but this is awsome loke great congrats!!!!!!!!!!
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I just wish I was back home to work on it. I hate being back at school and not having my on going project. My buddies here always give me a hard time because i never stop tweaking things on Foxy Roxy (girlfriend called her that once and now everyone does) and just drive her.

Austin
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2010 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post

Stainless steel fuel lines from pff member L67. Highly Recommended!!

Progress fixing the hood vents!

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2010 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post

Vendetta

751 posts
Member since Jul 2004
Oops. Double Post.

[This message has been edited by Vendetta (edited 11-01-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
Where did you get the Quarter Windows???

Originally posted by Vendetta:

[QUOTE]

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nosrac:

Where did you get the Quarter Windows???

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vendetta:

[QUOTE]

Got them from JImmy S here on the forum. Great product and would definitely buy from him again!
http://www.fierofiberglass....ges/SailWindows.html

Austin
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Updates! We have been working on my car. Well my dad mainly since I am at Auburn. But here are some pictures from today. You can see the first fit of the doors. We knew we would have to make adjustments to it and then rework the crappy job the first body shop did to the molding on the fender. We also re tweaked our front vents. Shes coming along… that’s all for now.

Austin

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Vendetta the car is looking awesome !!!

Might you want to consider some of whodeanie's new rockers and one of his 2 new rear bumpers to set it off even further ??

F430/360 style

F 355 style

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! I saw your car today exoticse and its looking good! But, Yeah i have thought about it and i am interested in the rockers but i think i am one of the rare people that really like the stock rear bumper haha.

Austin
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Thanks !

No worries, i too like the stock bumper. The rockers i think would be killer.

Your car is one of my favorites.
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! I just can't seem to finish her haha. Always wanting to do more, but i think this time i am stopping myself and i am just going to enjoy driving her and wait until i have another car to use as my daily driver!

Thanks guys for your comments, i appreciate all the nice things said!

Austin
Axl_Rose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Axl_RoseSend a Private Message to Axl_RoseDirect Link to This Post
Wow Vendetta,

The car looks awesome and very similar to what i would like mine to look like one day. I also love what exoticse did with his...especially the color. I was thinking of going with a pearl white tho...maybe some flakes in it to give it a pop. What kind of wheels are those?? size? offsets? tire width?! lol

Thanks!

Dan
ILVMYGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ILVMYGTSend a Private Message to ILVMYGTDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a picture of the completed and painted rear spoiler? It looks like all the pictures are of the work in progress.

Thanks

------------------
88 GT 5 Speed Black with gray interior
3800 SCII Swap In Progress

"Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not."

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock