My car and its new upgrades by Vendetta
Started on: 01-01-2008 10:47 PM
Replies: 270
Last post by: nosrac on 01-30-2013 11:15 AM
fatmerk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fatmerkSend a Private Message to fatmerkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vendetta:

The turn signals are nissan maxima lights. You can get them off ebay for about 30 bucks shipped.

Amida on the forum. He is making them and it is by far the best 355 bumper on the market. His craftmanship is AMAZING. I would buy any of his products in a heartbeat.

how much did it cost?
IP: Logged
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBDirect Link to This Post
That looks very nice

Could you please post a picture showing the whole car from the side ?

Thanks
Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
I dont know where the shift knob came from. It was on the car when i bought it. Sorry.

Ill get more pictures today and my other plans for it.

Speak to Rob (Amida) about the price. Really depends on shipping.

Im not sure if it is staying red i have aother color in mind.
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Here's one from the side that Vendetta posted earlier. This is the one I have on my desktop right now. Looks good.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 06-12-2008).]

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
The side scoops in that picture are anothrer idea of how to mod my stage 2.1s but i bought stages 2's and will be modifying them instead. So my 2.1s will be up for sale shortly.

Austin
Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it is a good fit. Maybe put a badge on both front & rear. What's the difference between rocker 2.0 & 2.1 ?
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
These are stage 2.1s. Stage 2s are what Kooljess, MaxQ, and a lot of others have on there car.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
The 2.1's must have been the one I had at one time then. I sold the scoops but kept the lower door moldings. The moldings will work well with Dietmar's scoops methinks. Are you going to leave the back completely wingless? I'm sure you'll be finished long before I will. But our cars will look very similar.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Yeah. Im keeping it wingless. It flows better with the mods im doing to the car. The mustang scoop and wing is way to busy for the rear.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
I started with the Mustang scoop. I also will have the ducktail spoiler in lieu of an actual wing. But I'm leaning towards this scoop http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...dZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW I just like the subtleness of it more than the angular look of the Mustang scoop.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Fiero Owner

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerDirect Link to This Post
Your car is coming along very nicely! Did you get that mustang style scoop off a mustang or did you buy it from one of the shops that make them?
PFF
System Bot
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
I bought it off ebay from someone who makes them.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

WOW !

The car looks amazing.

No doubt AMIDA does some simply Stupid ( relax that is slang for outstanding hehehe) work ! I have never seen anything of his that is not simply top notch.

I do have one question however,..is it just me or does the lower side of the nose appear like it does not line up (proportionatly) with the side gfx ?

It appears as if the angle could come down a little more to line up ?

At any rate, great job both of you guys !
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
When i put the stage twos side molding along the door it will make it line up a lot more.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Any ideas yet on attaching the stage II's door moldings? I'm always looking for new ways. Mine aren't attached yet.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vendetta:

These are stage 2.1s. Stage 2s are what Kooljess, MaxQ, and a lot of others have on there car.

[IMG]
http://i274.photobucket.com...izzino/PICT00051.jpg
[/IMG]

It's sort of hard to see but I'm guessing the difference is in the shape of the scoop with sharper corners. Is that it?

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 06-13-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
On the scoop subject, I'm looking into deep Enzo type scoop attachments for the rockers that I have on the Formula. I've outlined an idea using line tape. The door section will taper down towards the front to line-up with the nose line. There will need to be some treatment at the front of the door to get it to open without hitting the fender, but I think the idea might work. BTW, the car is lowered, but leaning back due to the slope in the driveway.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I do have one question however,..is it just me or does the lower side of the nose appear like it does not line up (proportionatly) with the side gfx ?

Here's an older picture of my car. Pay no attention to the nose on it. I've sold that. But the scoops are Dietmar's and they're close to stage II's. I think Dietmar's pieces are a little more "leaned back." But the door moldings definately change the lines of the car.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
I like those; I'll need to shape my door pieces just like that. It'll blend in very well. Are those tapered door pieces available in N. America or just from Germany?
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
The tapered door pieces are from a set of Aus' Stage II's. Dietmar's pieces are actually designed to work with the stock GT door moldings. You can get up with Aus on the forum. I'm not sure if they're available anymore or not. If not, someone here on the forum may have a set that they're willing to part with or you might even find a set on eBay.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Heres my dilemma. Whatcha think?
PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Aaaaaggghhh! Brain hurt! I like them both. That was one of my choices too. But somehow I decided against gunmetal and now it's either gonna be Ferrari Red or I'm entertaining the idea of it being white.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
I'd say gunmetal. Don't see too many in that color. Nice wheels too. They don't seem to stickout as much as my stock wheels.

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Ive been leaning toward gun metal for that exact reason. I am making a unique car and i want a unique color.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
Your wheels will contrast well with the gunmetal. I can't remember his name but there's the grey one with the snub nose that looks pretty sharp. I think it's Euro.
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. yeah im thinking more and more gun metal. I am dropping it off tomorrow at the paint shop. Hopefully he can finish the body work and paint it pretty soon.

Austin
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Are you going to delete the "pontiac" from the headlight door?

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
It really depends if i delete the pontiac on the rear. I have been debating it for awhile. I think its subtle and it still is a pontiac so why remove it?
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
My plan is to remove anything that has either pontiac of Fiero on it and just have the pegasus symbols on it. That'll leave some people guessing.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
this car is looking sweeter and sweeter everytime i look at this thread
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
Here is a grey one from my first posts on the GT stretch concept thread that I started in '06. Not sure if it's gunmetal but it's a grey.
PFF
System Bot
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
So now my car is at the paint shop geting the final finishes before paint.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2008 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

The car looks really good. Gonna leave it red? The more I look at this picture, the more I think I may leave the pegasus off the grille and just leave it on the tail light panel. I dunno. I'll probably change my mind forty more times. I now have a picture of your car with the new nose on it on my desktop for inspiration.

The badge looks good, but IMO, better if you can get a smaller one for the grill & put the larger one on the rear. I put the arrowhead on mine.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 08-19-2008).]

Winkie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2008 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
Go Gunmetal! be different.

Like me!!!

I am kind of tired of seeing red Fieros. Seems like most of them are.

Ryan
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2008 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
the car looks great !
I cant wait to see it painted.
your 355 nose looks good and was a lot less work than mine.
I am having the same arguement with myself about what color to paint mine and I am no where near paint yet.
I guess it is good to get it out of the way now rather than later.
if given the choice between red or grey take the grey. IMO I hate red ! can you say cop magnett !
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2008 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
WOW !

The car looks amazing.

No doubt AMIDA does some simply Stupid ( relax that is slang for outstanding hehehe) work ! I have never seen anything of his that is not simply top notch.

At any rate, great job both of you guys !

The baseline of the Fi355 wheel arch is actually the same as the GT aero. All the critical measurements, such as height, width, attachment points, were all taken directly from the GT aero & Formula noses, but I leveled out the severe upward slope of the GT aero baseline. The Fi355 nose is more level on the bottom side which makes it lower at the front tip by about 2" leaving just a slight slope of about 3/4" from the wheelwell edge. Early on I thought about adding a higher ground effects style line to the side of the nose to match the GT gfx, but i realized that not all Fieros have the GT gfx & some are using scoops & different rockers so I left it alone.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 10-07-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
Updates?
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Direct Link to This Post
Rob,
is there any way to fil in the side moulding to use with archie's wide body kit? i want to use the marker lights that fit in the most flush (no i can't afford the ferrari lights lol). how much for the bumper and
also how much for shipping to 07764
thanks
al
sorry so many questions

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 02-16-2009).]

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2009 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Alright well there isnt really updates. Im at college and my car is home so i havent been able to work on it as much as id like too. But my is still not painted. The last painter dicked us around and we werent happy with his work so we took the car back. It is now at a different paint shop and should be getting done being painted within the next few weeks. Money has been tight so my car has sorta been at a stand still progress wise. I have managed to install an eight inch under the dash sub. And work on my tail lights to a point of near completion. I also sold the 2.1 scoops and bought a set of 2.0s and have tweaked them to IMHO the best looking scoop. I should be going home this weekend and if i do i will snap some photos and post them here. You never realize how long your small projects will actually take.

Austin
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Here are some pictures from this weekend. The red on the scoops is the base coat and it still needs a final coat and clear.

Tweaked Stage 2's

Revised hood vents

Under the dash sub

Austin

[This message has been edited by Vendetta (edited 03-09-2009).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock