Started on: 10-01-2010 02:44 AM
Replies: 426
Last post by: Capitol City Fiero on 04-18-2011 07:00 PM
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Since Pontiac no longer exists as a brand, having other Pontiacs at the event brings in more people to support the brand. Ten years ago, the show would routinely get 100+ Fieros for the spring event. In ten years will POCI exist as an organization? How many Fieros will be around in ten years? I would like to have a local POCI organization around for support of the brand as well as the Fiero.
IP: Logged
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post

Late in posting as I just got back last night after spending a week in N. Carolina enjoying the fall colors. The weather was perfect
which enabled me to shoot 776 pics and a few videos of the usual tourist sights.

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Since Pontiac no longer exists as a brand, having other Pontiacs at the event brings in more people to support the brand. Ten years ago, the show would routinely get 100+ Fieros for the spring event. In ten years will POCI exist as an organization? How many Fieros will be around in ten years? I would like to have a local POCI organization around for support of the brand as well as the Fiero.

And all that is fine. Join a POCI organization and go to their events but this is a "FIERO" event.
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

And all that is fine. Join a POCI organization and go to their events but this is a "FIERO" event.

Jimmy I hear you. However whether I like it or not I can't do anything about it. I'm just the graphics guy and if the order is to put in a Solstice I have to do it.
The person to talk to and voice your opinion is the coordinator of the event and perhaps something comes of it.

This stems from not enough Fieros showing up, I'm hurting just like a lot of people (economy wise) but since I heard of this event I've been attending it, going on 4 years now if only more people would do the same the show would definitely be run by the Fieros. In any case until now it’s been that way don't know how many Solstice will show up for next year’s event but Frank might be able to give you an estimate.

I guess if you feel really strongly about this a vote should be done to see how many people share your opinion.

If you start this leave a space for neutral people, the ones that don't mind either way.

No matter what it always a fantastic time getting together with people (friends) you only get to see once a year.

[This message has been edited by 87GT2M6 (edited 10-18-2010).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GT2M6:

Jimmy I hear you. However whether I like it or not I can't do anything about it. I'm just the graphics guy and if the order is to put in a Solstice I have to do it.
The person to talk to and voice your opinion is the coordinator of the event and perhaps something comes of it.

This stems from not enough Fieros showing up, I'm hurting just like a lot of people (economy wise) but since I heard of this event I've been attending it, going on 4 years now if only more people would do the same the show would definitely be run by the Fieros. In any case until now it’s been that way don't know how many Solstice will show up for next year’s event but Frank might be able to give you an estimate.

I guess if you feel really strongly about this a vote should be done to see how many people share your opinion.

If you start this leave a space for neutral people, the ones that don't mind either way.

No matter what it always a fantastic time getting together with people (friends) you only get to see once a year.

Frank called me and we discussed it. Frank suggested that I start a thread asking the general concensus on the matter. I have done so and it can be discussed here...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083178.html

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2010 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully I can get my LS4+F40 build in and running by then. I'd love to come to the Daytona show if I can.
tellron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tellronClick Here to visit tellron's HomePageSend a Private Message to tellronDirect Link to This Post
You can count us in again this year. We would not miss it ever. Yes we love to see what people have done with their Fieros but it is always more about meeting up with old friends that we have met along the way.

As for the Solice group, we do have major sponsors who make a living serving both communities, therefore I think the vendors should be allowed to intermingle in vendor row. As for the line up of the cars, I think it should be kept separate, still within the Fiero community area but separate to the Fieros.

As for the Tee Shirts, I think all Fiero is the way to go, not Solices. Maybe after this year, we could determine how many Solices come to the event and make an intelligent decision then.

Thanks
Ron & Pat
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tellron:

As for the Solice group, we do have major sponsors who make a living serving both communities, therefore I think the vendors should be allowed to intermingle in vendor row. As for the line up of the cars, I think it should be kept separate, still within the Fiero community area but separate to the Fieros.

I agree with that.

I'll be there for 2011 for sure and there should be major changes to my Fiero (other than the 13" brakes I mean)...
Joe 1320

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post
How about Fiero based replicas attending?

------------------
84 2.5
87 328 GTB replica.
87 Coutach replica

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joe 1320:

I'd say that is a question to put on the other thread

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083178.html

Frank
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joe 1320:

In all honesty, I don't even see why this question was asked. They have always been welcome from day 1. I don't care what you do to a Fiero, it's still a Fiero. A replica is no different than any slighty or highly modded Fiero. A Solstice is "NOT" a Fiero.

Now if you own a "real" Lambo, Ferrarri or whatever and you belong to a club and want to be included in the Fiero awards, pics, T-Shirts ECT... I say no.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 10-20-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

Now if you own a "real" Lambo, Ferrarri or whatever and you belong to a club and want to be included in the Fiero awards, pics, T-Shirts ECT.

Fat chance of that happening... :-)
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
Here's the latest draft of what could have been the 2011 Daytona Fiero Weekend Plaque Logo. I say could have been because it has been brought to my attention that there is not going to be a show in 2011 because of certain circumstances that I just don't want to get into right now.

However a glimmer of light is still there....just maybe, perhaps a slim chance indeed but if things get worked out the show might go on but for now (this very moment) there is just no way to sugar coat it the 2011 Fiero Weekend is canceled.

PS: for those of you that commented on the logo remember logos go through lots of changes before a decision is made on the final design, so keep that in mind when posting and thanks for any suggestion. As always I take them into consideration.

[This message has been edited by 87GT2M6 (edited 10-23-2010).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Here's the latest draft of what could have been the 2011 Daytona Fiero Weekend Plaque Logo. I say could have been because it has been brought to my attention that there is not going to be a show in 2011 because of certain circumstances that I just don't want to get into right now.

However a glimmer of light is still there....just maybe, perhaps a slim chance indeed but if things get worked out the show might go on but for now (this very moment) there is just no way to sugar coat it the 2011 Fiero Weekend is canceled.

A little premature to be proclaiming anything "cancelled", or preaching doom and gloom.
As a matter of fact, just who the hell gave YOU the authority to declare that Daytona is "cancelled" anyway???

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 10-23-2010).]

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

A little premature to be proclaiming anything "cancelled", or preaching doom and gloom.
As a matter of fact, just who the hell gave YOU the authority to declare that Daytona is "cancelled" anyway???

Angel has been working on this particular event for some time now, and has a better grasp of what is going on.
You might want to take a look at the other thread

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/083178-2.html

Or you might concider steppping up and taking over the event at Daytona

Frank

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 10-23-2010).]

joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post
OK, well as a relatively new guy to the Daytona shows, I think this is a little hasty of a decision. I have been to two of the shows ('09, '10) and I do know some but not all of what the disputes here entail. I dont personally have anything against anyone in this thread but I have heard some of the negative occurances that have led up to this and the other thread. I still plan to be there, and to be honest I have never registered my car with the Fiero club. Not because I dont support the club, just because I have never had a car worthy of winning any trophies and shirts and plaques just arent my thing. I was seriously considering registering this year though because of the effort I have been and will be putting into my car.

That being said, just because there is no Fiero show within a show doesnt mean Fieros wont continue to attend. Why cant we just have a bunch of Fieros there to show off the craftmanship and dedication to the car without an official "club show"? Isnt the gathering of Fieros, meeting the people, and enjoying the dedication to these cars what the show is all about anyway? I have never attended a car show for any other reason than to show off my hard work and meet and greet with the people who enjoy the same thing I enjoy, Fiero or not.

I was instantly impressed with the way the Fieros were so well represented and the people intermingling about these cars the first time I went to this show and I made a decision to go back every year possible thereafter. Obviously the more cars the better, but I dont care if there is only 10 Fieros this year, I still plan to go and shake the hands of those 10 owners.

Heres to hoping attendance is up whether or not the club is there this year. I know I will be and its really no skin off my nuts if there are no trophies, raffle tickets, plaques, or T shirts. Im not there for those reasons, I just want to meet new friends interested in Fieros.

-Joe
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:
Angel has been working on this particular event for some time now, and has a better grasp of what is going on.
You might want to take a look at the other thread

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/083178-2.html

Or you might concider steppping up and taking over the event at Daytona

Frank

So this answers no ones question. What is the big issue here? If we can't have Solstice's at the show, there is no show?.....or does the decision have to do with another persons actions at last years show? I am still trying to understand the money issue if the members of Pennock's are paying their own way throughout the show.
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
OK, can we still go and at least park toguether in the same area? Or if no one is handling a formal show they won't allow all the Fieros that show up to be toguether at the same spot?
I will attend anyway (with a Fiero) as Fiero's are only a tiny portion of all the things to see there

[This message has been edited by Alex4mula (edited 10-24-2010).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Nope not going, every time I plan on going something happens. SO no I will not be going.

ps: see you there.

Karma is a ***** . The only reason I attend the Daytona show is for the Fieros. I like looking at the other cars but its the Fiero that I came to see. Getting the chance to meet up with some of the Pennocks family and seeing peoples projects is the only reason I drag myself out of Lakeland, I hate the drive, I hate crowds and I hate eating standing up balancing my meal with one hand and eating it with the other.

So is this the downward spiral? Must be I haven't bought a Fiero in a couple of years.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Let me point something out here... There are only 2 ways that this "FIERO SHOW" will "NOT" go on.

1- The Daytona Speedway decides not to let a show happen on their infield.
2- The people who organize the "Main Show" decide not to have a show at all.

"NO ONE" has the "Ability" or "Authority" to "Cancel" the "Fiero Show". Just because Frank is stepping aside and does not want to do it anymore, does not mean that show is Cancelled!

There is "NOTHING" stopping the "FIERO" people from showing up and still parking together in the same spot we always do.

The show is only 5 months away which puts a little bit of a time crunch on getting "some" extras organized but there still may be some Awards, Shirts, Dash Plaques and Door Prizes.

I have been on the phone non stop since Frank "told" Angel to announce that the show is "Cancelled". There is a person who is considering stepping up to the plate and organizing the "Extras". I will let this person identify themself when they decide.

I will show up at Daytona whether there is "extras" or not. Everyone who planned on going to the Daytona show is still welcome to come. The only thing stopping you from coming is "you".

If you still want to come, please chime in that you are coming. A hotel rate needs to be negotiated and to do that, there needs to be an idea of how many people plan to attend.

THE SHOW WILL GO ON

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 10-24-2010).]

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post

Let me point something out here... There are only 2 ways that this "FIERO SHOW" will "NOT" go on.

"NO ONE" has the "Ability" or "Authority" to "Cancel" the "Fiero Show". Just because Frank is stepping aside and does not want to do it anymore, does not mean that show is Cancelled!

There is "NOTHING" stopping the "FIERO" people from showing up and still parking together in the same spot we always do.

The show is only 5 months away which puts a little bit of a time crunch on getting "some" extras organized but there still may be some Awards, Shirts, Dash Plaques and Door Prizes.

I have been on the phone non stop since Frank "told" Angel to announce that the show is "Cancelled". There is a person who is considering stepping up to the plate and organizing the "Extras". I will let this person identify themself when they decide.

I will show up at Daytona whether there is "extras" or not. Everyone who planned on going to the Daytona show is still welcome to come. The only thing stopping you from coming is "you".

If you still want to come, please chime in that you are coming. A hotel rate needs to be negotiated and to do that, there needs to be an idea of how many people plan to attend.

THE SHOW WILL GO ON

Now that this is clear (Thank you Jimmy) and we know "THE SHOW WILL GO ON" let me be the first to say I will be there as originally planned. I love this Fiero weekend event and I'm looking forward to seeing all of you there.

DAYTONA FIERO WEEKEND HERE WE COME!

[This message has been edited by 87GT2M6 (edited 10-24-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to Daytona in March no matter what.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
you can count me in as well. I hope to have several cars at the show as well as some new things. if you do not come you will not get to be the first to see what I have come up with in my crazy head
I know things are tight for everyone but look at it this way we all need a brake from the stress of day to day life and what better way to do it. hang out with friends and great cars at the beach.
I hope to see you all., lets make this year the best one yet!
D.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
This year was my first Daytona event - I had planned on going the past five years, but something always came up. My wife and I had such a great time that we ARE going again next year (already forecasted the vacation time at work). We plan on getting there Thursday night this time so we can spend more time sight seeing, do the Sugar Mill breakfast (if there is one) and spend the time relaxing.

I am looking forward to another Daytona Fiero Show vacation!
joesfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post
Ok Jimmy, I plan on being there. Starting the work on my car very soon here so I will be coming your way in a little bit to finish it so as long as it all gets done my car will be there too (hopefully)

-Joe
elitopr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elitoprClick Here to visit elitopr's HomePageSend a Private Message to elitoprDirect Link to This Post

Here's a glimpse of Daytona 14 thanks to CowsPatoot

the first yellow fiero that was my car when I live in Florida uhhhh I miss that fiero
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

THE SHOW WILL GO ON

Personnally I think it's great that someone is will to step up and handle everything.

I look forward to seeing everyone there and being able to enjoy the show for a change. After 14 years to have a chance to drift away from the Fiero parking area and see the rest of the cars inside the Daytona Speedway. I am really looking forward to this event.

Thanks Jimmy

Frank

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 10-25-2010).]

Gwain

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GwainClick Here to visit Gwain's HomePageSend a Private Message to GwainDirect Link to This Post
I'm certainly planning to be there. I know a number of folks from CFF will continue to attend as well.

Marc

------------------
Marc in sunny Titusville, FL

• 84 SE son's car, loaded
  • 85 Coup w/V6 transplant
  • 85 GT looking to a 3.4 transpant
  • 86 SE/GT "The Chameleon" - big plans!
  • 88 Factory T-Top, really, the "last" one!
tellron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tellronClick Here to visit tellron's HomePageSend a Private Message to tellronDirect Link to This Post
After being out of town all weekend, I was very disappointed to read what has developed with the thread about the 15th year of the Florida Fiero Weekend.

1, Frank had an idea that he wanted to throw out to the Fiero community about including the Solstices to the Florida Flero Weekend Show. He had the graphic artist who designed the logo post it on Pennock's. Logo was not the final draft. Frank even stated that he welcomed any constructive feedback. "THEN IT GOT UGLY".

2. I saw comments made by people who were never actually involved with putting the show together, question the integrity of the main organizer, "Frank Martin". As for most people who know Frank, that would be the furthest from the truth. Frank has worked for years working to promote the Fiero Community. He has spent countless hours setting up the Florida Fiero Weekend. Just to let everybody know, this is actually the 15th year anniversary.

3. I personally am disappointed with the people on this forum who have so quickly thrown Frank in the mud and not aired their concerns directly to him via a phonecall. I believe that all of this nonsense could have been avoided if people would just slow down, think before they post, and call the appropriate people by phone or personal email to discuss what the thought process was to come up to the decision that was being considered.

4. Before anybody starts running off to do their own thing concerning the 2011 Florida Fiero Weekend, make a courtesy call to Frank Martin and make sure that the decision made on the pages of this forum are the right decisions.

5. Maybe it is time to hand over the torch to some fresh blood, see some new views, I don't know, all of this is my own opinion, all I know is that Frank has worked very hard for many years keeping the Daytona event alive and I think we all should show him the "RESPECT" due to him for all of his hard work, not only for the Daytona Florida Fiero Weekend event but for all of the work and support he has given to the Fiero community in general.

Thanks for listening

Ron Hale

elitopr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elitoprClick Here to visit elitopr's HomePageSend a Private Message to elitoprDirect Link to This Post

niceeeeee blue!!!!!!!!!!

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Toward the END of the year or possibly right after the NEW YEAR, I will either start a new thread or if this thread or the other Fiero Daytona thread is still going on, I will start asking for names of people that want to go to the FRIDAY morning breakfast.

IMHO, I believe 5 months is a little too early to start asking for breakfast names as people do change their minds.

As you may have surmised, count me in for Daytona.
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

After being out of town all weekend, I was very disappointed to read what has developed with the thread about the 15th year of the Florida Fiero Weekend.

1, Frank had an idea that he wanted to throw out to the Fiero community about including the Solstices to the Florida Flero Weekend Show. He had the graphic artist who designed the logo post it on Pennock's. Logo was not the final draft. Frank even stated that he welcomed any constructive feedback. "THEN IT GOT UGLY".

2. I saw comments made by people who were never actually involved with putting the show together, question the integrity of the main organizer, "Frank Martin". As for most people who know Frank, that would be the furthest from the truth. Frank has worked for years working to promote the Fiero Community. He has spent countless hours setting up the Florida Fiero Weekend. Just to let everybody know, this is actually the 15th year anniversary.

3. I personally am disappointed with the people on this forum who have so quickly thrown Frank in the mud and not aired their concerns directly to him via a phonecall. I believe that all of this nonsense could have been avoided if people would just slow down, think before they post, and call the appropriate people by phone or personal email to discuss what the thought process was to come up to the decision that was being considered.

4. Before anybody starts running off to do their own thing concerning the 2011 Florida Fiero Weekend, make a courtesy call to Frank Martin and make sure that the decision made on the pages of this forum are the right decisions.

5. Maybe it is time to hand over the torch to some fresh blood, see some new views, I don't know, all of this is my own opinion, all I know is that Frank has worked very hard for many years keeping the Daytona event alive and I think we all should show him the "RESPECT" due to him for all of his hard work, not only for the Daytona Florida Fiero Weekend event but for all of the work and support he has given to the Fiero community in general.

Thanks for listening

Ron Hale

Ron, VERY WELL SAID!!!!!!

I thought exactly the same thing when I saw the threads & the things that were said & the way they were said.

People need to learn how to speak, with a little more respect, to the people who have carried the show on their backs for all these years.

Frank, some of us really do appreciate you & your efforts all these years.

Archie

edited to add...... The Daytona Fiero Show IS Frank Martin.

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-24-2010).]

tellron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tellronClick Here to visit tellron's HomePageSend a Private Message to tellronDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the comment on the Blue color elitopr. My son painted the car for me.

Thanks Archie for the comments as well.

Ron
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for listening

Ron Hale

Let me first start by saying, RON, I don't know who your refering to but "NOTHING" I am about to say or have said is a "BASH" against Frank. Frank and I do not have problems nor should we.

RON, "you need to check your facts before you start throwing out accusations. You need to go back and "READ" everything thats was posted.

1. You show me where Frank stated that he wanted feedback? Frank posted the image, not the artist (Angel), and stated that the graphic was done by Angel. Never once was anyone asked for feedback about what "they" thought about the Solstice community being included. "No one" was told that the artwork was not a final draft.

I was the first to see the image, 8 mins after Frank posted it and I posed the question... "Why is there a Solstice in that image"? The artist (Angel) responded to my post with... "Jimmy as you can remember this year we had I believe two Solstices at the show and Frank wants to add them to the group. This coming year the Solstice folk will be attending the event so expect more than two. I hope more Fieros show up for next years show than we had this year". I responded back to Angels post with... "So were now a Solstice community also? I know there were 2 Solstices last year but this has always been and should remain a "Fiero" event. I fully understand that anyone can bring any car they want but adding a Solstice to the shirt is just wrong IMO. Whats next, adding the Bonneville, Grand Am, Grand Prix and so on... people to it also?

The questions I asked are ligitimate questions and were never meant to "Bash" Frank. I have a right to my opinion just as everyone else does.

At this point, Frank called me (instead of explaining on the forum). He told me flat out that he has no choice to include the Solstice cummunity cause he was operating the show at a loss. He then told me to start a thread on the forum to see what other people thought. I did so and the majority response was that people did not want the Solstice community included. Next thing I know, Frank decided "on his own" to "Cancel" the show and step down. "NO ONE" ever asked Frank to step down. He did that on his own decision.

The only time in any of the threads that things got "Ugly" was when Frank decided to "Cancel" the show.

2. Who questioned Franks integrity? Me? Are you refering to this post?...

1st- If you read the thoughts, of the majority, of people in this thread, we do not support the idea of Fiero/Solstice/Sky/Reatta/Allante/Miata/etc show within a show.

2nd- We do pay our money directly to the Daytona Beach Racing District. Every Fiero that comes to the show pays money to them either online, mail in or at the track upon entry. We then turn around and pay another fee, to Frank, if we want our car considered for the top 15 or 20 awards. If we do not pay this extra fee then our car can not be considered for an award.

Now Frank told me on the phone that he has no choice but to include the Solstice community because he is operating the show at a "Loss" for the past couple years. This in itself confuses me and I don't understand how Frank is "losing" money. I know that I pay for my own gas, transportation, food, hotel, entry fee to the track, entry fee to be considered for an award, go carts and other things that go on that weekend. I may be wrong but I assume that everyone else pays their own money for the same things? The awards are donated and paid for by Archie, the so called door prizes are donated by various vendors and then "Raffled" off by Frank. Dash plaques only go to people who pay the extra money to have their car considered for an award so those are paid for by we the people. The same goes for T-Shirts. You either have to buy them or pay for the award consideration.

Because I have to pay for these things... Dash Plaque, T-Shirt and chance to win an award, I feel I should have a say as to whether or not the Solstice community is to be included and a Solstice pictured on these items. Everybody else who pays their hard earned money should also have a say. After all... "WE" are paying for this.

Going to this show cost me over $600 out of my pocket, for me and my girl, and thats not counting the other $250 worth of stuff that we (Fiero Fiberglass) "Give" away as a door prize drawing. We do not Raffle (Sell) tickets. On top of that we donate a "Gift Certificate" to Frank for the door prize drawing which ends up getting "Raffled" off.

Frank, let me ask you this... Do you care to elaborate, to me and everyone else, how you are operating this show at a "Loss"? Maybe other things can be done to make this show operate correctly without bringing in other car communities.

If so... That is not questioning Franks integrity. Those are facts and I dare you to prove otherwise. I closed that post with... "Maybe other things can be done to make this show operate correctly without bringing in other car communities". In case you don't realize it... That is an offer to help come up with ways to help!

3. Frank was never "thrown in the mud". There was a phone call made by Frank to me "before" any of this hit the forum. By "Franks" suggestion, this hit the forum.

4. No one needs to call Frank. Frank made his "own" decision. NO ONE made it for him. NO ONE asked him to step down. So the only person who needs to decide if the right decision was made, is Frank.

5. No one has said Frank has not worked hard over the years to put on the show. No one has disrespected Frank.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

The Daytona Fiero Show IS Frank Martin.

All this time I thought the Daytona Fiero Weekend was all about Fieros.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

randye

13854 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Thanks for listening

Ron Hale

I didn't see where anyone threw Frank, or anyone else, "in the mud".
JimmyS reported that Frank called him and had said that he was "operating at a loss" with the Daytona show.
Jimmy also posted some very legitimate questions regarding how this could be when the space used at the Daytona track for the Fiero group is at no charge. Escorting the group onto the track for group photos is at no charge. Merchandise from vendors is donated. Goodie bags are donated. Trophies are sponsored. People pay for their t-shirts, their hotel rooms, their meals and even the $30 charged by the Daytona track to get onto the premises for the show. Frank even charges a fee himself if you wish to be considered for the "peoples choice awards".
Advertising for the Fiero weekend show is done principally by way of this forum as far as I know, and the artwork that goes on advertising and the t-shirts is even donated to the best of my knowledge
So...Where is the cost in this that is creating a loss?
and (to add to Jimmy's questions), what might be done to alleviate the problem?
Clearly Frank's idea was to bring in the Solstices, (Solsti ?), an idea that was clearly rejected by the majority of people on this forum when Jimmy put the question to the forum.
The next thing we know Frank is resigning, "stepping down", whatever you choose to call it and unilaterally declaring the show "cancelled" (via Angel).

I've spoken with Jim Brady, one of the chief organizers for the entire Daytona Spring Show regarding other matters and I did ask him what a space for a car club like the Fiero group costs to secure for the show. Jim was quite clear that they would make every effort to park *any* car club together that wishes to do so, just like the Fiero group, at no charge, (other than the $30 that everyone pays to get into the track for the 3 days) and would also offer the same on-track photo opportunity, (again at no charge). Jim also informed me that the Daytona show would provide experienced car show judges to serve as impartial judges to any group that wishes to have a competition within their group there and not utilize their own people, (again at no charge). I was also advised that the Daytona Spring Show could arrange for plaques or trophies for the group, (at what cost I do not know), and that any individual club or group could also enter their individual cars for judging in the overall Daytona show competiton which they started last year, (once again, at no additional cost).

I think asking where the "loss" is coming from is a legitimate question, but unfortunately the only answer that I have seen is that the show is "cancelled".

I WILL be at Daytona next March and I WILL park my Fiero in the same area that Fieros have always parked in unless the Daytona Spring Show management says otherwise.
If I'm the only one there, (which I have a strong suspicion I won't be), then so be it.

------------------

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
All this drama makes it seem more like holidays with the family than vacation and car show.

I think some of the reaction may have come from people thinking the decision to include Solstices was a done deal and not just asking for input on a preliminary idea. They may have felt the Fieros were kind of being sold out.

It's not just the Daytona show. I see this sort of thing frequently in with any car club. Organizers pour their heart and soul into making the show a success and feel people take them for granted and don't appreciate their work. Attendees feel like organizers are doing them a favor by letting them attend "their" show (hint - there's no show without attendees - it's a two way street). This is one of the reasons I don't do car shows anymore. I throughly enjoy cruise-ins but even if I had a show-worthy car, I wouldn't be interested in showing it. Display only is fine with me. I come to see the cars and meet up with friends I haven't seen since the last show.

Everyone, both organizers and attendees, should remember this is supposed to be fun. Sure it's a lot of work, but it shouldn't be something to drive your blood pressure up.

I hope to see all my old friends next March, and hopefully all the drama will subside by then.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
What area the losses occurring? I thought the expenses are covered by the entry fees? Is Daytona now charging more to use the facility?
tellron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tellronClick Here to visit tellron's HomePageSend a Private Message to tellronDirect Link to This Post
Just like everybody else on this forum I can have my own opinion on the subject. I expressed my opinion, I didn't ask to be attacked, in fact I had responded to JimmyS's survey of what we thought of the Solstices being included.

JimmyS stated:
I have been informed that the Solstice community is to be included with the Fiero community at Daytona 2011 and I would like your thoughts on the matter.

“Having had a phone conversation with Frank Martin on this subject, Frank has suggested that I start a thread and get the general consensus from the Fiero Community as to the Solstice participation.”

The subjects are as follows...

Should the Solstice community be included (parking wise) in with the Fiero's?
Should the Solstice community be judged with/against the Fiero's for awards?
Should the Solstice be pictured on Plaques and Shirts with the Fiero's?
Should the Solstice be included for the "On Track" pictures with the Fiero?

I responded with the following:
“You can count us in again this year. We would not miss it ever. Yes we love to see what people have done with their Fieros but it is always more about meeting up with old friends that we have met along the way.

As for the Solstice group, we do have major sponsors who make a living serving both communities, therefore I think the vendors should be allowed to intermingle in vendor row. As for the line up of the cars, I think it should be kept separate, still within the Fiero community area but separate to the Fieros.
As for the Tee Shirts, I think all Fiero is the way to go, not Solstice’s. Maybe after this year, we could determine how many Solstices come to the event and make an intelligent decision then.

Thanks
Ron & Pat

As far as my opinion as I've stated on the forum regarding the rest of my comments, I still stand my them. I was not necessarily directing my comments to JimmyS or to Randye. If the comments stated in my previous thread strike a raw nerve to some, I apologize, but that was how I interpreted the threads as I read them.

If new blood and ideas come forward, GREAT!, it can only make for a better show! As I have stated before, I love to look at the Fieros and I like to see what everyone has done to each and every one of them, but it is much more than just a car show, it is about meeting up with the friends that we have made over the years and to enjoy the company of them.

We still plan on attending. It will not make any difference what the event is called, how it is run, or who takes over the show.

See you in March!

Ron

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Time to get back to the Daytona thread.
The owner of this car will be at the show.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock