Started on: 10-01-2010 02:44 AM
Replies: 426
Last post by: Capitol City Fiero on 04-18-2011 07:00 PM
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Just got back, had to leave early to attend a wedding.

Very, very light turnout.

Hmmmm.......

Originally posted by Cheever3000:
I got a blank white screen.

^^^^ Ditto

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MC widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

IP: Logged
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

BJ's for Saturday will be set up for 6:30 PM. They have a back room which can be set up to accomodate. I have a total of 25 people wanting to go, so I'll be making a reservation for 25-30 people. tomorrow. Low 80s here in Daytona Beach now..

You know, taken out of context, someone might not be sure what you're talking about.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

I got a blank white screen.

I had to post them a different way.
Here are some of them.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 03-26-2011).]

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

avengador1

35467 posts
Member since Oct 2001
Here are some more.

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
What is this?

Originally posted by avengador1:

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MC widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
It Iooked like some sort of Ferrari kit. It wasn't completed yet and I don't think it was Fiero based.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 03-26-2011).]

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:
What is this?

It looked like a DNA kit on an MR2
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. Wasn't sure if it was a MR2, Miata or Boxer.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Here ya go, repositioned them for you. Wish I could have been there with you guys.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 03-26-2011).]

larini74

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
that's a 360 based on a toyota mr2.....and now my pics:

Had a great time, great people as always, Kris Munson is feeling a lot better.......

[This message has been edited by larini74 (edited 03-26-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

What could have been,.........

Oh well,...there is always next year !
PFF
System Bot
Pappy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyDirect Link to This Post
Yep next year is going to be awesome!!!
AL87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Direct Link to This Post
Any on-track photoshoot this year?
I didn't get to go (Fiero related problems, LOL).
I should be there next year, if my fiero will run...
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2011 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by daveyhouse:

Would that happen to be the camp ground between Herbert St and Madeline Ave. I believe it used to be called Port Orange Camp Ground?

That would be the one. Not a bad place to camp, fairly close to the speedway too. We are heading back home now just need to stop and pick up our Fiero at Chuck's house. We had a great time at the show and at dinner last night. Was great to meat everyone especially Chuck and John who couldn't make the show. They are both great people and have helped us out a lot.
Ben
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2011 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AL87: Any on-track photoshoot this year?

Nope. Due to an incident last year during the photo shoot, I think the track officials decided not to allow it anymore.

I got a nice panoramic shot of the grandstands, though. I can send it via email to anyone who is interested. I think it's too large to post on Photobucket.

BTW, did anyone else see the Humvee with the Stinger missile turret near the pits? The crew were demonstrating how the turret works. VERY cool!
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2011 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Brunch at the North Turn Inn Sunday..

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 03-27-2011).]

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2011 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Very, very light turnout.

I have to admit it was very depressing. Specially for me that I can remember the great old days. Actually the whole Daytona show was low in general to me. Even at the beach there were no spring breakers. It felt weird. Still was nice to see and say hi to old friends and go over a group of Fieros. And for the first time I drove on the Daytona beach. That was nice

Carlos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2011 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarlosSend a Private Message to CarlosDirect Link to This Post
Like Al said, it was slow all over the place. Over at the Impala SS/ Caprice section, a couple organizers said they had a 40% drop from last year. The other show areas and swap areas were visibly down in numbers. Heck, even the place I bought pizza from the last three years wasn't there. Either just a down year or a trend is definitely appearing.

But you guys were all cool with a non-Fiero guy like myself and I appreciate it,

Carlos

------------------

''92 DGGM Caprice 9C1 LO5 5.7
Factory leather, CD and all the Police Package goodies.

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
For those who did not get an event shirt and would still like to order click on the link below

http://floridafieros.org/daytona2011/shirts/

Frank

joesfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post
We had a great time as usual. The smaller turnout was a little disappointing though, next year we need to come together like the community we are and have a much bigger show, that means people from all over the country showing up.

I really hope the turnout this year isnt how its going to be coming up. This is the one vacation that we take every year now and look forward to the fun, the hotel, the people, the cars, and the relaxation. My little girl is 16 months this year and will be close to 2 1/2 years old next spring, we really look forward to her joining in the fun in the years coming up. She was really good at the show but cant go out to the go kart racing or the late night gatherings for now.

Even though some of our friends from the past years werent there, we did meet some really great people to talk and dine with. I received some really great feedback on my new build, thanks go out to Pappy, Angel, Gary, Frank, Alex, Tony, Clem, Kolja, and everyone else that came up and talked with me about my car. It was nice to finally have a car worth showing and have people interested in seeing it. Maybe next year the interior will be up to par with the rest of the car too.

Even with the small turnout, I am still looking forward to Daytona 2012.

And lets see some more pics...... (I didnt actually take any)

-Joe
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
my wife and i had a great time, for me it was great to see the builds in person and meet the owners. i could never learn enough about a fiero, this car keeps me on my toes. i will see jacksonville car owners at car shows in town. 363 days till daytona, the clock starts again.
PFF
System Bot
GuitarFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GuitarFieroClick Here to visit GuitarFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to GuitarFieroDirect Link to This Post
These are a few pictures we took of everyone's cars:

Pappy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyDirect Link to This Post
Yep we had a great time, met some awesome people and got to see some really sweet rides!

Joe's SC 3800 Last year
2010 Very nice

2011 Much nicer New paint, killer side scoops and a hand polished SC!

And the now famous installed aluminum gas tank! (I think I got the pic reversed while I was cropping it)

Dragon's new convertible

Kudos to those who drove from far away lands

An awesome Northstar

A very clean LT1

The insanely dangerous LS3 sleeper

So very very sweet

And the little sister a Rare Solstice Coupe

A Buick cousin the Reatta

This little Metropolitan had a SBC in it (I always wanted a SBC Metro)

A freakin Honda Super 90 (you gotta be pretty old to know the raw power of the Super 90)

All in all a good show, spending time with friends is always a plus. I was pretty fuzzy Friday then went go-karting, went back to the hotel and ran into Joe and he made me have even more beers. Good FUN! Lookin forward to bringing mine next year.

[This message has been edited by Pappy (edited 03-29-2011).]

Gwain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GwainClick Here to visit Gwain's HomePageSend a Private Message to GwainDirect Link to This Post
Here to help fill in for other than the cars:

Friday breakfast at the Sugar Mill

Line em up

Everyone enjoying home made pancakes

Lunch with Phil and Gwen at the Ponce Lighthouse

This view is why we live in Florida

Seeing friends

and having fun

Some of the crew from Central Florida Fieros (my buds)

Some unusual mods

Some striking colors

A parade of model A's

Actually a butt load of model A's

Some hot rods

Restorations

Others

Saturday night at BJ's

Till next year

Hopefully the economy will be better and the Fiero community will rebound.

Marc in sunny Florida

------------------
Marc in sunny Titusville, FL

• 84 SE son's car, loaded
  • 85 Coup w/V6 transplant
  • 85 GT looking to a 3.4 transpant
  • 86 SE/GT "The Chameleon" - big plans!
  • 88 Factory T-Top, really, the "last" one!
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
Had a blast riding the go karts.

Here are my greatest racing competitors

Thank you for the memories and your hospitality.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
We sure missed being there in Daytona with our friends.

JimmyS spent his weekend between autograph hunting Indy drivers and *roasting* in the grandstands at the St. Petersburg Grand Prix

(This is what you look like from the pits Jimmy )

I spent my weekend *roasting* in the pits:

(Now I know what I look like from the grandstands )

I think Jimmy enjoyed the irony that I surprisingly found myself spending about 15-20 minutes chatting with Danica Patrick in her pit during one of our Indy Lights practice sessions on Saturday.
Our team was assigned by IRL to using her pit for the weekend, and Danica strolled out early on Saturday for her practice session while we were still running.

My opinions on Ms. Patrick's driver craft are no secret to JimmyS, so I think he may have been surprised to hear that we had a very cordial conversation.

Just so we didn't feel completely left out from our Fiero friends, Jimmy, Danielle, me and my wife Kim all went to BJ's in St. Pete for dinner Saturday evening...(same BJ's chain as in Daytona)

Despite the lower number of cars participating this year, it still sounds like you all had a good time, and THAT is really what it's all about.

------------------

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-28-2011).]

joesfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pappy:

ran into Joe and he made me have even more beers.

Thats not how I remember it...... I think you were fuzzy.

Next year we need to put our differences aside and get together for the FIEROS. This year was a blast but you could tell something was missing (like 20 cars). Some of the cars that inspired my ideas werent there (Jimmy, Randy, Dean) but I think if everyone starts planning early, gets their cars done in time and makes a dedication to being there we can get back to how the show was the last 2 years I was there. I wont have my other car done in time but this one should be back, I cant wait to see Tony's, Jimmy's, Pappy's and maybe one of Dean's cars done and at the show, and see the how the cars that were there develop into what they will be. Theres some great ideas floating around and if half of them come true then Fieros should be very well represented next year.

Go karting was a blast too, it was my first year going and I shall be back. I missed the breakfast on Friday and dinner on Saturday but still enjoyed myself and the company of others. Maybe next year.

-Joe
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Three of a kind

A lot of thought went into this rust bucket

And this one also

Yours for just $60,000

But not my $60,000

Late model Camaro----I know what I just typed

Now back to the track

Has anyone seen MY Fiero?

Anyone?

Never mind. I found it

On Sunday 87GT2M6, our good friend Carlos and myself stopped off at EPCOT.
At the Testtrack exhibit we saw this after the ride.

joesfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:
Has anyone seen MY Fiero?

Anyone?

Never mind. I found it

Hah! What you cant see in these pics is that her shirt actually has the word FIERO airbrushed on it, in black orange and silver. And my wife insisted she match the car with the tutu as well, betcha cant guess which car is hers.

-Joe
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
thank you to all posting pics... I enjoy seeing the sights of shows I wish I could attend... and I know posting/sizing is not the most expeditious of activities... so I appreciate it.

I keep reading about lower attendance...

Is it the gas prices?... or do you guys reckon it was the 'politics' (the Solstice thing) that kept the Fiero attendance down?

(not trying to start ANYTHING here... I just hosted a cruise and opened it up to other clubs just to get a little more interest... and we had a low(ish) turnout... trying to get a feel here for what's happening in other parts of our community)
Gwain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GwainClick Here to visit Gwain's HomePageSend a Private Message to GwainDirect Link to This Post
In my "opinion" (for what that's worth) I think it's the economy.

I know several folks who either didn't come or cut their stay short just due to money. For some, no jobs, for others, cut back in income. Locally we haven't seen the worst yet. Space Center has at least one more shuttle shot and then 7,000 will get the ax! I know a lot of local folks who didn't come, vendors as well cause the economy here is just terrible (and I think the worst is yet to come).

Bike Week in Daytona is just a week or two before our Fiero Week and I thought attendance was off there as well this year. It was tough to determine, and I haven't seen any actual attendance numbers, but traffic didn't seem to be as bad, and most places were easy to get in and out of. If you think Fiero owners are "frugal" hang out with some bikers some time!

Anyway, I think people just have to pick and choose the events they attend. I know a lot of folks from up North look forward to coming to Florida in March to burn out the chill. I myself would like to go to some of the big events up North, but don't feel my car's up to the trip just yet, so I can sympathize with those who come a long way.

I think as long as we keep the hobby interesting and the people contacts fresh, attendance will follow. I haven't met a single member of the Fiero community who complained about the event, the interest or whether the crowds were high or low. We all want to see each other's cars, what we've done, and talk about Fieros. That doesn't seem to change whether it's 2 of us or 20!

The more folks we have the more fun we have.

Just to touch on the other part of your question, I think the get together can benefit from more volunteers, willing to step up with some new ideas. I remember shows with judging, trophies, blind man gymkanas. And I've seen pictures of drives on the beach, match box races and on and on. Each event takes planning, organization, volunteers, some up front money, and work to carry it through. In the past, a lot of stuff was handled by the Florida groups, and maybe we can get that way again. But it does take organization and a lot of hard work to pull it off.

These days folks are worn out because of business, the economy, money problems and whatever. Sometimes it's hard to paste a grin on and excite others to "git-r-done".

Marc

------------------
Marc in sunny Titusville, FL

• 84 SE son's car, loaded
  • 85 Coup w/V6 transplant
  • 85 GT looking to a 3.4 transpant
  • 86 SE/GT "The Chameleon" - big plans!
  • 88 Factory T-Top, really, the "last" one!
PFF
System Bot
GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
We enjoyed the weekend! Great to meet some new folks and see the regulars as always. Looking forward to next year!
Have a Great Day
Gary and Wendy
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
Here's some pictures at the Hotel parking lot.

for us all to enjoy.

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Is it the gas prices?... or do you guys reckon it was the 'politics' (the Solstice thing) that kept the Fiero attendance down?

(not trying to start ANYTHING here... I just hosted a cruise and opened it up to other clubs just to get a little more interest... and we had a low(ish) turnout... trying to get a feel here for what's happening in other parts of our community)

Couldn't have been the Solstice thing as I was there...

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Ronsmigla's choptop was simply jawdropping.

What a great guy too.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

(This is what you look like from the pits Jimmy

I think Jimmy enjoyed the irony that I surprisingly found myself spending about 15-20 minutes chatting with Danica Patrick in her pit during one of our Indy Lights practice sessions on Saturday.

I must admit that I look pretty daum good from afar!

Your right, I did enjoy the irony but at the same time I was pretty envious of you.
joesfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post
No lack of pictures this year though, these are great. Does anyone have any more of the Go Karts?

-Joe
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Couldn't have been the Solstice thing as I was there...

Personally, I think what happened is that people found out that they no longer are allowed on the track and figured "why waste the time" to go to a show where you are only allowed to park on the lawn. I think that ruins the image of going to Daytona since that is one of the major selling points....track rights. You can have a car show and even a barbeque in ANY park in beautiful Florida on any sunny day and have the same effect now or you can pay out the wazoo for the travel expenses just to say you went to Daytona and parked on the lawn. Just my opinion but I think the track rights were a major selling point for a lot of members.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 03-28-2011).]

Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

... Just my opinion but I think the track rights were a major selling point for a lot of members.

I have been at Daytona 11 years and only once I was on the track for a picture. No one can drive on the actual track. I can care less of it and I know for sure most can care less of it too.
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by joesfiero:

No lack of pictures this year though, these are great. Does anyone have any more of the Go Karts?

-Joe

Joe here's a little video.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock