Started on: 10-01-2010 02:44 AM
Replies: 426
Last post by: Capitol City Fiero on 04-18-2011 07:00 PM
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by joesfiero:

Hah! What you cant see in these pics is that her shirt actually has the word FIERO airbrushed on it, in black orange and silver. And my wife insisted she match the car with the tutu as well, betcha cant guess which car is hers.

-Joe

Joe, the pictures of your daughter took me back about 24 years when my daughter was her age. My daughter never went anywhere without her "bo bo" and bunny. She could even speak very clearly with her bo bo in her mouth. Thanks for sharing!
IP: Logged
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
Awesome pictures guys. We had a great time and Hopefully will be able to make it back next year. Will try to bring the Fiero if possible
Dragon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
There are some great pictures posted. Thanks

Frank

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 03-29-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:
Marc is expressing the right ideas.

It is time for others to step up with fresh ideas and energy. Better from within the state vs. outside Florida.

Someone to arrange for a host hotel.

Set up the judging class for people to learn how to judge a Fiero months before the event, using standardized score sheets.

Round up sponsors.

Locate a place for a dinner or a banquet.

Come up with fresh ideas to stimulate interest not only at Daytona, but at other shows through out the country or world for that matter.

The economy is putting a crimp into enjoying our chances to get together and have a good time – but it still can be done.

With a little luck I will have a chance this year to get out of Florida on a road trip or two, and have some fun.

BTW: There are some great pictures posted. Thanks

Frank

Let me be the first to throw my hat into the ring. I would love to help organize things and try and throw in some new ideas.

However no way can it be a lone ranger type thing. It is going to take a team of people working together to get it back to the good ole days.

I think a series of brainstorming sessions, scouting, recruiting, and organizing can make next year spectacular.

I am game,....who else ?? Let's do this !!
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gwain:

The more folks we have the more fun we have.

Just to touch on the other part of your question, I think the get together can benefit from more volunteers, willing to step up with some new ideas. I remember shows with judging, trophies, blind man gymkanas. And I've seen pictures of drives on the beach, match box races and on and on. Each event takes planning, organization, volunteers, some up front money, and work to carry it through. In the past, a lot of stuff was handled by the Florida groups, and maybe we can get that way again. But it does take organization and a lot of hard work to pull it off.

These days folks are worn out because of business, the economy, money problems and whatever. Sometimes it's hard to paste a grin on and excite others to "git-r-done".

Marc

Marc, thanks a lot for the insight... and for the others that replied. It is good to read it stated from other people's perspective.

If I travelled out to Daytona... I would want on the track, but I kinda doubt that was the main reason people kept away. I want to blame gas prices... but I suspect the real reason is apathy.

87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
More Pictures!

[This message has been edited by 87GT2M6 (edited 03-29-2011).]

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post

87GT2M6

1297 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Any threads on this car? would love to read all that was done to it.
Carlos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarlosSend a Private Message to CarlosDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:
but I suspect the real reason is apathy.

Well, definitely not apathy regarding the Fiero, from what I've seen the past 3 years on that field and on this forum. My $0.02, you were right to place all this on finances. The whole show was down from last year, as has been pointed out already. Personally, I was counting pennies all weekend long.

Let's face it, it's an expense that one can plan for all year long, but when it's time to pay those bills every month -these days- it's somewhat more difficult to set aside as much as one would like. This is just me, I'm in no way speaking for anyone else.
gmctyphoon1992

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Direct Link to This Post
got there late from fort lauderdale and missed all the fieros photo shoot above .. its all cool tho its was amazing as my first time there and im definitely going next year for sure maybe with an LS3 in it too..
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
It was great hanging out with friends and wonderful meeting some new Fiero people this year at Daytona. Got home last night. Took our time and even stopped at the AACA Museum in Hershey. Uneventful trip home if you don't count the rain, heavy at times, for most of Monday and the large SUV that almost drove us off the road Monday afternoon because they hadn't planned appropriate lane change timing. Why they couldn't see Phil's bright yellow Fiero is beyond me, but thankfully Phil's $100 brake upgrade worked liked a charm, stopping us pretty much on a dime.....so close we could almost write our names on the side of their SUV......as they crossed in front of us as they took their exit.

Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

Gwen (Phil's wife)
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

A couple of people have atready contacted me about also wanting to help with Daytona next year. This is good !

I am anxious to start planning now. What i might suggest is people start compiling all their suggestions and fresh ideas to improve the show and then we all pool them together and have a series of meetings and brainstorming sessions to hammer out a plan of attack.

Again i am not looking to be a ringleader, i would just like to see the ball get rolling now, so we can assure a successful show next year, as they have in the past !

Together we can make it happen !
PFF
System Bot
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
Who's car ? someone must know....I hope

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GT2M6:

Who's car ? someone must know....I hope

It belongs to Robert Holtz from Michigan. The guys that hosted the Friday morning breakfast and and challenged the southerners to meet northerners on the Go-Kart Track (not that we bump or bang against each other)

Frank

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 03-30-2011).]

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
thanks Frank...I remembered his first name but not his last name.

AL87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Direct Link to This Post
was there a tracktime photoshoot like last year?
joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post
No
Pappy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyDirect Link to This Post
Here are a few more of the event, Go-karts and the Saturday night Cruise In at Publix

The Hotel trio

Bob's immaculate Fiero - The pin striping blew me away it was that good

Since I had my camera set to auto it couldn't really focus on these guys as they approached light speed

The Cruise In was pretty dang impressive in itself!

[This message has been edited by Pappy (edited 04-01-2011).]

larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
While talking with Bob Holtz about his car, he said he used aircraft pin-striping tape, and that if you use it, you had better be certain that you have it where you want it, 'cause it ain't comin' off easy.....
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2011 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

I have been at Daytona 11 years and only once I was on the track for a picture. No one can drive on the actual track. I can care less of it and I know for sure most can care less of it too.

I agree 100%... in the three or tour times I was at Daytona they only let you drive on the track for about a minute...just long enough to have your picture taken. It certainly was not a deal breaker in my opinion.

It's hard to tell from the pics, but even with a smaller group it looks like a fun time was had by all. I wish I could have been there. If only the event would line up with Spring Break in Houston, (Daytona is always one week too late). Maybe next year.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2011 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pappy:

Thats hot!!
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
Nice paint job Frank.

PFF
System Bot
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GT2M6:

Nice paint job Frank.

Alot cleaner than the last time I saw it

Thanks

Frank
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
Does anyone have any pictures of the dash that was in that Mera that was there? My wife and I aren't huge picture taker lol
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
See page 10 of this thread....
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Here is the thread of the interior build. If you need any additional pictures, let me know what they are and I will try to get them to you ASAP.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083377.html

Nelson

Originally posted by Marine1981:

Does anyone have any pictures of the dash that was in that Mera that was there? My wife and I aren't huge picture taker lol

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2011 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
does anyone have more pictures of Robert Holtz Fiero?

interior and exterior shots.

That car looks great!
Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2011 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
the car is for sale $10,000.00 as it sets in the photos
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock