Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Chopped by Archie, Powered by Fastfieros (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
Chopped by Archie, Powered by Fastfieros by Will-Martin
Started on: 06-23-2009 04:06 PM
Replies: 351
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 10-21-2010 03:26 PM
Boomtastic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastFieros:

Such a nice thread.. slander?

It's not slander when you state the facts, so how about we talk about Andrew Virzi up in New Hampshire. Remember him? You stole his money for the 3800 wiring harness and let his project sit for YEARS. I even asked you - as a friend, to help another friend - and you still burned him, which in turn burned me too. (Thanks for that by the way) A simple GD wiring harness that you're supposed to be an expert in!! I'm honestly surprised he hasn't flown to Texas to confront you for his money ..

You burn SO many people and then you come back like nothing's wrong? Man you have a LOT of balls.
IP: Logged
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boomtastic:

It's not slander when you state the facts, so how about we talk about Andrew Virzi up in New Hampshire. Remember him? You stole his money for the 3800 wiring harness and let his project sit for YEARS. I even asked you - as a friend, to help another friend - and you still burned him, which in turn burned me too. (Thanks for that by the way) A simple GD wiring harness that you're supposed to be an expert in!! I'm honestly surprised he hasn't flown to Texas to confront you for his money ..

You burn SO many people and then you come back like nothing's wrong? Man you have a LOT of balls.

Honestly, I know people depend on at least a percentage of payment up front for covering costs, but this thread and others like it are DEFINITELY giving reason why no one should pre pay for a service or part without some form of contract, especially over the internet. I would never pay someone in full up front at this point without something guaranteeing return of my money if they don't deliver. Most of the DECENT vendors on here don't take orders unless they can deliver, but you never know.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2010 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I have always let someone who knows someone handle things of this nature. This concept is as American as apple pie to me. It is cheaper than lawyers, and can speed up any collection process. I guess it depends on where you grew up. I am not a big fan of pussies that hide behind the law. Especially when they are completely wrong.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
This thread is such a mess and could easily be put in the trash can. It looks like Will is trying to do what is necessary to get things resolved. Keep in mind that even if a court ordered Loyde to give Will reimbursement there is no guaranty Will will see any of it. Obviously the best solution would be for Loyde to finish the job, but nobody should hold their breath.
Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post
I'm all for seeing Will get his car back, and hope he does (and hope he's happy and posts a pant load of awesome pictures!) ...

As for sending money up front, sometimes who we think are reputible people/companies turn out to bite you in the end. I sold 2 '88 cars to a place in CT .. umm, Kick something or other Farm - the name escapes me right now, but I knew the owner very well and told him to pay when he could. What a mistake that was. Over a year later, many dodged phone calls (I sent someone to stop in and politely ask for my cash, and he watched him selectively ignore calls) and quite a few certified bills/letters requesting payment, I finally turned it all over to a collection agency and let them handle it. It cost me a percentage, but I got back most of my money. Needless to say I will not do business, nor will I recommend that Hill place again.

Edit to add in this nugget of joy: I found the collection agency information. PM me if you want details on how to contact them.

[This message has been edited by Boomtastic (edited 06-25-2010).]

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
New Month Will. So how are things in Your Fiero World? I've got some Fieros that are complete if you want to drive one until you get yours back and going.
I hope you get things resolved.

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

This thread is such a mess and could easily be put in the trash can. It looks like Will is trying to do what is necessary to get things resolved. Keep in mind that even if a court ordered Loyde to give Will reimbursement there is no guaranty Will will see any of it.

If you win a court case, you will receive a judgement against the defendent. You can then collect on that judgement and all of the losing parties assets are considered fair game; house, bank account, cars, personal property, business property, salary etc. A friend of mine got screwed by a landscaper and he sued in Superior court for $6,000 . He won the case and the landscaper still did not pay up. A month later my friend Ray got a seizure warrant from the County sherriffs department. The sherriffs deputies showed up with the warrant at the Landscapers place of business and confiscated his truck and all of his landscaping equipment. They held the equipment and scheduled an auction but before that happened the landscaper paid my friend Ray with a bank certified check showing up on the steps of the courthouse as requested.
Court is a good place to resolve problems of the type that you are having. If your story is correct and Loyde did in fact steal your money then you will win if not he wins.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
HEEEEEYYYYY WWWWIIIIIILLLLLLLLLL???????
Any Progress????

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2010 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
Did you get your car back yet? And any armadillos with it?
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Hey Will, any luck getting your car?
PFF
System Bot
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Hey Will, any luck getting your car?

Nada. The last time I had contact with Loyde (earlier this year), he told me my car would be done in August. He said it was too cold and rainy in the winter to get anything done so he was going to knock out a few other projects then move to mine. August is now officially over and I have not heard ANYTHING from Loyde. I tried to call him and even left a message. I guess he is too busy to talk to me or any of his other customers. In my business, if I just ignored my customers I don't think I would fare too well. It probably has to do with the fact that he has my money and my car and thinks he can do whatever the hell he wants.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
sorry to hear your luck hasnt changed... keep us updated. Maybe a few of us will just go take you Fiero back... I mean it is yours..

------------------
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L-V8
SmoothGT-II

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
I really don't see how anyone could still be sending Lloyd any business. You really do need to get the law involved....I would have a hard time not taking the law in my own hands.........
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Man sorry about all this with your car. It is time to sue this guy and get your car and money back. Drop it off at archies and move on.

------------------
1984 Indy Pace car #64 Parade car #4 1985 Fiero GT 4speed
1986 Fiero GT 1997 Supercharged GTP
2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Pretty soon it will be 5 years since you picked the car up here & took it to Loyde to finish the swap he had already been working on for 6 months before it came here for a ChopTop.

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 09-02-2010).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I was expecting a picture of loyde in cuffs... and you post "oh, he said it would be done and it isnt"...

Honestly that was about the last thing I had expected after the "my lawyer is looking into it" thread.
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
You need to ask Cliff to change the title of this thread.

"Chopped by Archie, Abandoned by Fastfieros"
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2010 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Increasing my post count.
Oh, wait... this isn't in the Trash Can?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2010 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

It probably has to do with the fact that he has my money and my car and thinks he can do whatever the hell he wants.

Will-Martin, please take this alleged crook to court. You have more than enough evidence to prove your case. Otherwise, he’s laughing in your face.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

PFF
System Bot
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2010 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Will-Martin, please take this alleged crook to court. You have more than enough evidence to prove your case. Otherwise, he’s laughing in your face.

It would be one thing if he wasn't still in business (not an excuse but it would at least justify not being able to do anything). However, he's still taking in business. You definitely have a case. I hope the info I sent is helpful.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Increasing my post count.
Oh, wait... this isn't in the Trash Can?

Why on Earth would this be in the trash can. There is quite a bit of useful information in this thread that could save someone thousands of dollars down the road. I think this should be stickied myself.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.53@126.7

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Why on Earth would this be in the trash can. There is quite a bit of useful information in this thread that could save someone thousands of dollars down the road. I think this should be stickied myself.

I was really just bumping it from page 2. People use Trash Can threads for post whorin' so I was j/k about that part. Yeah, I really hope it doesn't go T/C on us.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Cliff has already made his opinion of loyde fairly clear by banning him, and at least in the last 2 years never trashcanning a loyde bashing thread as long as it had legitimate content like this one.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-04-2010 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:
Cliff has already made his opinion of loyde fairly clear by banning him, and at least in the last 2 years never trashcanning a loyde bashing thread as long as it had legitimate content like this one.

Eh? "FastFieros" is not banned.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2010 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

He's banned?
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Having had my own similar problem with kitcarman, I hate seeing threads like this. What makes it all such a shame is Loyde does such nice looking installs.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2010 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Nada. The last time I had contact with Loyde (earlier this year), he told me my car would be done in August. He said it was too cold and rainy in the winter to get anything done so he was going to knock out a few other projects then move to mine. August is now officially over and I have not heard ANYTHING from Loyde. I tried to call him and even left a message. I guess he is too busy to talk to me or any of his other customers. In my business, if I just ignored my customers I don't think I would fare too well. It probably has to do with the fact that he has my money and my car and thinks he can do whatever the hell he wants.

I really think strong legal action is now the only choice left.

If you know of others who are still left out in the cold, maybe you could get together and file suit. (That would be a class action suit right?)

Sorry but nearly 5 years is way too long. My concern would be to get my car back and then sue for the money and attorney fees.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2010 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Eh? "FastFieros" is not banned.

He was 2 week temp banned.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2010 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
<----- Opens box, peeks in, shines flashlight... nope... nothin new.
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I may actually finish my car before you get yours back. Sad because I'm not working on mine but I am driving it.
Logan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoganSend a Private Message to LoganDirect Link to This Post
FastFieros Rip me off for my wiring harness i paid
$950 for it and the regular going cost is $400 it also took him 8 months to do it.
Good Product !. Really Bad person To do Business With.. He Says Hes cleaning up and getting things done but he needs to stop taking on projects. he cant afford to keep making mistakes its gonna bit him in his A$$ big Time! He does good work just needs to finish the last of the projects and get out of the game or get some help.

Hope you Get your baby back!
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2010 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Logan:

FastFieros Rip me off for my wiring harness i paid
$950 for it and the regular going cost is $400 it also took him 8 months to do it.
Good Product !. Really Bad person To do Business With.. He Says Hes cleaning up and getting things done but he needs to stop taking on projects. he cant afford to keep making mistakes its gonna bit him in his A$$ big Time! He does good work just needs to finish the last of the projects and get out of the game or get some help.

Hope you Get your baby back!

So you paid $950 for a harness and never got it? There is no "regular price" for a harness as there are those that only charge $400 for a harness and those that charge more. I can tell you that you will not find a cleaner harness out there from anyone else....I know cause I have FastFieros harness on my car and have installed several other harness made by "others". While "others" harnesses are very nice and get the job done none compare to the work that FastFieros can do.....
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2010 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

So you paid $950 for a harness and never got it? There is no "regular price" for a harness as there are those that only charge $400 for a harness and those that charge more. I can tell you that you will not find a cleaner harness out there from anyone else....I know cause I have FastFieros harness on my car and have installed several other harness made by "others". While "others" harnesses are very nice and get the job done none compare to the work that FastFieros can do.....

I've seen some of the work FastFieros has done for others and up front I will say it's ALL TOPNOTCH QUALITY and probably worth every penny charged. I don't think I've heard anyone complain about the quality of his work ever. I will say this though, as a prospective paying customer it concerns me about the many delays in delivery of paid for in full finished product. There was a time when I was considering purchasing items from him but all the threads like this one have definitely scared me off.

What do you think? Am I wrong for feeling this way? What's there to prevent anyone from having these problems in recieving what they've paid for in a timely fashion? I would love to feel comfortable purchasing items from him as I feel he does excellent work, but as an outsider/complete stranger to him how can he be trusted?

I've had no dealings with FastFieros so if you want to say my opinion is irrelavant so be it, but with such threads as this out there and unresolved it makes it hard for any prospective customer to do business with him

------------------
88blackchopv8

http://www.foxvalleyfieros.webs.com/

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

I've had no dealings with FastFieros so if you want to say my opinion is irrelavant so be it, but with such threads as this out there and unresolved it makes it hard for any prospective customer to do business with him

I don't understand how this hasn't been resolved already, its been way to long. I'm sure its hard on Will, if I had something going on for this long my blood pressure would skyrocket every time I thought about it.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

I don't understand how this hasn't been resolved already, its been way to long. I'm sure its hard on Will, if I had something going on for this long my blood pressure would skyrocket every time I thought about it.

Hell, I'd be soo mad that the blood pressure would have given me an anurisim long before now!!!

Will, it's time to take the gloves off, I honestly don't think he'll ever finish it, I don't understand how your car isn't at the top of his to do list, how long have his other projects been waiting???

Joe
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post
What a rip off.. 11k for a used motor swap that takes 5 years? Wowzors.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by InTheLead:

What a rip off.. 11k for a used motor swap that takes 5 years? Wowzors.

And still isn't even close to being done!!! While the car decays in the Texas sun.

Joe
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2010 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Will, at this point you should just show up with a tow truck and file a police report. Have the tow truck meet you outside of his property, call the cops and have them escort you onto his property to get your possessions. At least that way you have the car, or at the very least a report from the police saying he dienied you. He's not going to work on it, and possibly because of the attention he's gotten from it. He seems like a pretty spiteful person from the last conversation I had with him. I would start the proceedings the easy way, with a police report and witnesses to you trying to retrieve your car.

For some reason I kept thinking you were out of state, but your location shows DFW, so you can get your car and file a DTPA case against him. It allows you to sue for 3 times damages AND attorney's fees in TX. Basically you can get your $10k back plus the cost of the damages times three and add the lawyer's costs on top if you win. I'm sure that would be well over $50k. Yeah getting the money is harder but he has a lot of tools and parts you can put a lein on. Good luck
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock