Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Chopped by Archie, Powered by Fastfieros (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
Chopped by Archie, Powered by Fastfieros by Will-Martin
Started on: 06-23-2009 04:06 PM
Replies: 351
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 10-21-2010 03:26 PM
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
Good God!! You're the most patient man in the world! 5 YEARS?!?!? No way in HELL could I do it! I'll have to give you a plus for patience, I would have towed it home years ago. And probably hooked the wrecker up to the shop and towed it into the road... I hope you get it by August, even the most patient man MUST have a limit, no?
IP: Logged
FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
What is the date on this picture? That dont look like 5 years to me. More on this later, and it better be from Will.

http://www.fastfieros.com
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Well I guess everyone got in a mud slinging match in Smooth's thread so for those who asked, there has been no progress so far on my car. Yes mice, fiberglass sun rot, and the interior are very much a concern of mine. I put brand new wheels/tires on it when I got it back from Archie and never got to drive it after that. Sucks, but what am I gonna do?

Loyde told me he would have it done by August - right at the 5 year mark.

Will, I've told you that I like Loyde. He is a nice guy. I won't talk bad about Loyde like others.

Sorry that the smile that I saw on your face in the picture that was taken at Archie's is gone.

How many Augusts have to come and go? Who else does these swaps? I was looking at your first post where it just needed the exhaust worked out almost a year ago. I have not done any engine swaps (other than repair) but I can't see where it would take this long to complete. Have the projects that you mentioned that were in front of yours, been completed and out of the way? Have there been others added in front of yours? It has been indicated that you are constantly changing your direction with your engine. Is this true and if so, how?
I've got a running, tagged and inspected Fino that I'll trade you for your yard art.
Good luck in whatever direction you decide to go.

I wont add my sig, it seems mean in this post.

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastFieros:

What is the date on this picture? That dont look like 5 years to me. More on this later, and it better be from Will.

So... That was the date you put my first engine into another car?

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Will-Martin

1164 posts
Member since Aug 2002

Like I said, in August, it will be 5 years.

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 04-20-2010).]

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Is that 11+k? Now I understand why you are being patient. You gave the man 11k and still are waiting for delivery. Man! I do not know what to say!
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post

Pic removed for brevity

That looks an awful lot like an L67. I thought Will was getting an LS4?

[This message has been edited by 1986 Fiero GT (edited 04-21-2010).]

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
When was this picture taken of your car Will and who took it?
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Man - that's a sad sight!
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Will, you get a + from me for super human patients.

Back in '04 I took in a contract to build a Countach replica for a client, shortly after things changed in my life. By '06 it was clear that I wasn't going to be able to do the car in anything aproaching a timely fashion, legally, I could have shipped him the parts and called it good, that would have been a mess. Instead I did the right thing, I took out a loan and bought out the project, I just sent the last payment on the loan last week. I'm just now starting to liquidate the parts.

Joe
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I thought #019 was to have a LS4 under the deck lid?
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I thought #019 was to have a LS4 under the deck lid?

It is...

what Will said is that is a picture of his old engine that came out of #19.

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
5 years????? 11 grand???? just makin sure im correct.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Have the projects that you mentioned that were in front of yours, been completed and out of the way? Have there been others added in front of yours? It has been indicated that you are constantly changing your direction with your engine. Is this true and if so, how?

I have no idea who's projects are in front of mine.

I have only changed my mind 1 TIME about my project.

I paid Loyde in 2005 to do a very nice Series 2 3800SC / Manual transmission swap for me. I took it to Archie's, got it chopped in December of 2005 and trailered it back to Loyde. Loyde got my car complete in 2006 and I got to test drive it not too long after that and hated it. The manual was junk with the overpowered 3800SC, even with a new clutch, it would slip when hammered. So I wanted to pay Loyde extra to put in a 4T65E-HD. He told me it would be a PITA to pull it all out and redo the mounts/electronics etc... He told me it would be just as much extra money to do an LSX with an Auto as it would to modify the current setup.

He then offered a solution instead to sell my setup to someone else (which he did) and build an LSX for me. He took the complete 3800SC setup out of my car, sold it to someone (Buff) and installed it. That same guy has since fragged the transmission and Loyde has actually pulled it out, rebuilt it and put it back in for him.

So he has had my car 5 years this coming August, and technically yes 4 of those have been waiting for an LS1 install Loyde. And yes that is an $11,500+ check but I gave Loyde a lot of parts to put on the car that I bought myself like the brake kit, stuff from Rodney, wheels/tires. The car was cherry with NO rust and ran fine when I bought it and with the chop you can see I am into this project for a lot more than the check I wrote to Loyde.

Of course I want to see it finished, the whole reason I had Loyde do the work is I was too busy to do a swap myself. At any rate, I guess if he gets it done, he gets it done. If not, we will just have to go from there.

I will answer all the PMs later on today, please don't think I am ignoring you guys, there are just a lot of them and this should clear some of the things up people are asking.

--Will
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
WOW, 5 years!?!?! and it still isn't even being worked on???

Come on, Troy's car took less time (Jan 2006 until spring of 2009) and had a huge amount of customization done to it. At least in Troy's case the car was always inside, always being worked on or designed, the customer always stayed in contact with the business and the car was completed. There is a thread showing it's progress.

My questions are:
Have you inspected the car lately?
From it sitting in the weeds has rust developed?
Is Lloyd going to replace the tires he let rot?
What other damage has occured from sitting in the weeds under a hot Texas sun??

If you want to really get this project finished, My suggestion would be to have a formal written contract made out by an attorney. Inspect the condition of the car, from that point list all work that needs to be completed, who pays for what, and an agreed upon completion date. If it isn't completed by XX date then Lloyd should pay you a penalty for every week or month it hasn't been completed.

If Lloyd does not want to sign a written contract, I would then I would use the attorney to get my car and my money back.
Once I would get the car and money back I would contact a more reputable business like Archie or Sinister Performance (Darth Fiero) to do the swap/restoration.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 04-21-2010).]

Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooDirect Link to This Post
So Lloyde, it has been 5 years now since you got payment and used the money to do nothing so far , what would be causing you to have the balls to be posting disputing a date in a picture ?at this point just give thw man his money back ans let him take it to have it done somewhere else.

You obviously don't have the money to repay and I guess you are hoping and waiting this one out that he will go away and forget it ever happen,you are very lucky and some other would have you harmed in any way for playing games with their hard earned $$$.
Do the right thing and finish the man's car since you can't repay him and stop trying to defend yourself at this point as it is useless.

[This message has been edited by Boogaloo (edited 04-21-2010).]

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:
Without flaming, do you think he actually meant august this year?

LOL, how did I miss this. You know, he really didn't say.

Originally posted by IMSA GT:
I am NOT getting to involved in this discussion because one thread has already been closed by Cliff but I do have one question that has never been answered....if your car is sitting in the weeds in plain view, why not just tow it back to your house and say the hell with the wiring harness and swap. A few others make the same harness on here and will be happy to do the swap for you.

That check I posted up there. ^^

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:
I love the Fiero but I wouldn't wait 5 years for one I don't care how nice it is. You will never get back those 5 years. Trust me, thats why I have been driving around my projects.

I hear you.

I took it, 10-20-2008 after I could not get a hold of Loyde for a LONG time. He actually got pissed at me because I came on his property and took the pictures.

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 04-21-2010).]

deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap...

I thought the AMC world was the one with a buncha scumbags. I'll tell ya what there's a few in the fiero world that really just take the cake.
WTF! Pay this man back and chop the trees out from around his car so he can come get it..

Unbelievable..
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Loyde got my car complete in 2006 and I got to test drive it not too long after that and hated it. The manual was junk with the overpowered 3800SC, even with a new clutch, it would slip when hammered. So I wanted to pay Loyde extra to put in a 4T65E-HD. He told me it would be a PITA to pull it all out and redo the mounts/electronics etc...

I smell something a bit funny here... Justinbart has a manual 3800 making most likely double the horsepower, and at least double the torque with the same transmission, and a very basic spec stg3 clutch. I do not think that loyde has ever made a "overpowered" 3800 swap, ever. It looks to me like you had a 3.2 or a 3.4 pulley on that car even... which I would guess would result in a whole 275whp... not much over what Justin was making on race gas with a 3.2 pulley on his supercharger.

He told me it would be a PITA to pull it all out and redo the mounts/electronics etc

He was making s*it up.... The coolant lines.. belt routing... engine mounts... everything would have stayed the same. He DOES WIRING HARNESSES FOR A LIVING and probably had 300 people waiting 10 years for a manual swap harness, so that is just made up jibber jabber to extract MORE money out of you... seems to me it was a great plan.

Yes, he would have had to add in a trans cooler (2 hour job if you take your time), shift assembly (not even 2 hour job), and bolt in his 2 trans mounts, that again, he makes and sells so he would have had them in stock. The rest would have stayed the same.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Dam ! Ya'll don't trash Will's thread!!!!!

pm him with your comments, don't post mean things about the swap or the swapper!

you see what will happen when the insults starts flying..........thread closed happens!

Sorry Will, I did not want you to lose another thread.
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Can't believe that you didn't take my Fino for your car serious! Its feelings are hurt. I gave you a plus for handling this situation in such a calm manner. So is JOB your middle name?
I know that cutting edge can take a bit of time to iron out. WCF does this swap don't they? I saw this build under LS4 and I think it started in September 07 and the guy was drag racing in April 08.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000087.html
Sounds like you are going to have a blast once you get it completed. Have you decided on a color once it is running? Good thing it didn't have a new silver paint job on it. You know how the Texas sun kills silver paint when left outside. Let me know if you need any interior pieces that have been damaged from setting out so long.

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 04-21-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Can't believe that you didn't take my Fino for your car serious! Its feelings are hurt. I gave you a plus for handling this situation in such a calm manner. So is JOB your middle name?
I know that cutting edge can take a bit of time to iron out. WCF does this swap don't they? I saw this build under LS4 and I think it started in September 07 and the guy was drag racing in April 08.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000087.html
Sounds like you are going to have a blast once you get it completed. Have you decided on a color once it is running? Good thing it didn't have a new silver paint job on it. You know how the Texas sun kills silver paint when left outside. Let me know if you need any interior pieces that have been damaged from setting out so long.

Oh yes I saw that thread and posted in it. I was supposed to have the first LSX on a 4T65E-HD but oh well. Darth Fiero is one sharp cat.

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Yea I've been "playing with the idea" of the LY7 install. First I need to get everything running and/or sold.
I saw the (LS3?) install that Loyde did with the paddle shifter and thought it was cool. I'm lazy so I'm okay with the automatic. I figure a Fiero that gets in the 11/12s behind an auto, is quick enough for the street as a daily driver. If I don't drive it daily (or close to it) I see no reason to own it. Loyde offered a great deal to do the LY7 install but I know he has a lot to catch up on and I don't have $8K upfront to sit around. I figure that I'll get one and mock up the install and THEN worry about the electronics.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/104231.html

I looked at the 3800SC installs. Mstangs did a NICE job on Nosrac's install. Saw it at Spring Fling.
The 3800SC you did have in your car looked nice. So are the pedals already swapped to be an auto?

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 04-21-2010).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Will, I sent you a PM. I have a pretty good idea what you may be dealing with. Hopefully this will be over soon one way or the other. Let us know if there is anything we can do.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Will, I sent you a PM. I have a pretty good idea what you may be dealing with. Hopefully this will be over soon one way or the other. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Got it, all PMs answered. Thanks everyone.

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
So what color you got in mind for it? Going to NTFC meeting today? Going to round-up?
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Will, you've got a pm.

Joe
Fiero1K

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KDirect Link to This Post
If I was waiting that long I'd sue his ass. Maybe class action. On the upside, the engraving is gorgeous. Cannot wait to see it finshed.
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Any news?
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

So what color you got in mind for it? Going to NTFC meeting today? Going to round-up?

I usually don't attend NTFC when I am not driving a Fiero although I have been a few times just looking at everyone else's. Makes me sad.

For the color, I was thinking 2 toned. I would still like it to be this color scheme, with a little more bronze on the bottom.

Follow this link for more details.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/681128

Originally posted by Fiero1K:
If I was waiting that long I'd sue his ass. Maybe class action. On the upside, the engraving is gorgeous. Cannot wait to see it finshed.

Well there is a lot of money involved, but I am taking steps right now to ensure it will get done soon. More to come.

Any news?

Yes sir, I will PM you the details. I will also answer everyone else's PMs here shortly, I only get on every so often.

--Will

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Um, why are we speaking in PM here...?
PFF
System Bot
DougC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post

We don't want to startle the badgers?
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

So the thread doesn't get closed or moved to the trash can. This isn't his first thread on this if I remember correctly, the other one got trashed I think, but I will let Will answer that one. Besides, after seeing Loyde's reaction to what I posted in another thread and our conversation that followed, I'm sure Will doesn't want Loyde to have more reasons not to get the car done. It sucks when you have to play nice with someone that doesn't deserve the courtesy.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

So the thread doesn't get closed or moved to the trash can. This isn't his first thread on this if I remember correctly, the other one got trashed I think, but I will let Will answer that one. Besides, after seeing Loyde's reaction to what I posted in another thread and our conversation that followed, I'm sure Will doesn't want Loyde to have more reasons not to get the car done. It sucks when you have to play nice with someone that doesn't deserve the courtesy.

How's your car coming along? I haven't seen any updates in a while....Going to bring it to the SA show coming up in a few weeks?
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Im sorry Will! if you gave me a check for 11k you would be job one till you where on the road about 4.5 years earlyer
D.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Cliff has made it quite clear that any and all loyde fail threads are not to be trashcan'd, Even the thread that loyde was calling people child molesters didnt get trashcan'd.

I know that every post that you make regarding something true, but hurtful towards loyde, prompts a flurry of emails and PM's warning you to erase what you said, or suffer dire consequences. I never fell for the bully'ing but, I suppose when someone has over 5 digits worth of dollars invested with him, it is a different story. It is just sad that this loyde guy is immune to the bad publicity he has already received... There could be a thousand threads saying how useless he is, but if he makes one post saying he needs to go to china, I mean turned over a new leaf, he gets a thousand orders.

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

How's your car coming along? I haven't seen any updates in a while....Going to bring it to the SA show coming up in a few weeks?

It's going slow. The cradle was dropped but not much has been done recently. I'm not going to make excuses for them, it should have been done months ago. Now they don't even have a dyno since they moved their shop. I know they'll get it done one way or the other I just hope it's not the "other" way. The problem is, my business is looking rather grim right now and money is becoming a problem. In a way I'm glad it's not done, so I wouldn't be tempted to sell it. No, I won't be in SA because of the problems with my business, the Fiero not being done, and because my other car is in the body shop now since someone hit me at a red light. Let's just say April sucked.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 05-02-2010).]

SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Well I guess everyone got in a mud slinging match in Smooth's thread...

A N Y WORD ON ANY PROGRESS WILL..??
(yes, i was screaming to wake up Lloyd) j/k
------------------
SMTHGT.....
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E (under surgery)

[This message has been edited by SMTHGT (edited 05-02-2010).]

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

They were all PMing me, everything I post here is public, but specific conversations are going on in PM.

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Im sorry Will! if you gave me a check for 11k you would be job one till you where on the road about 4.5 years earlyer
D.

I hear you, and your workmanship is fantastic. I really like the convertible build you are doing. Ever think of doing one on a Fiero?

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

A N Y WORD ON ANY PROGRESS WILL..??
(yes, i was screaming to wake up Lloyd) j/k

I just had some surgery so my Fiero stuff was put on hold.

No progress yet, not holding my breath though. I will have my car back by June 10, finished or not.

--Will
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Will-Martin

1164 posts
Member since Aug 2002

Originally posted by Oreif:

WOW, 5 years!?!?! and it still isn't even being worked on???

Come on, Troy's car took less time (Jan 2006 until spring of 2009) and had a huge amount of customization done to it. At least in Troy's case the car was always inside, always being worked on or designed, the customer always stayed in contact with the business and the car was completed. There is a thread showing it's progress.

My questions are:
Have you inspected the car lately?
From it sitting in the weeds has rust developed?
Is Lloyd going to replace the tires he let rot?
What other damage has occured from sitting in the weeds under a hot Texas sun??

If you want to really get this project finished, My suggestion would be to have a formal written contract made out by an attorney. Inspect the condition of the car, from that point list all work that needs to be completed, who pays for what, and an agreed upon completion date. If it isn't completed by XX date then Lloyd should pay you a penalty for every week or month it hasn't been completed.

If Lloyd does not want to sign a written contract, I would then I would use the attorney to get my car and my money back.
Once I would get the car and money back I would contact a more reputable business like Archie or Sinister Performance (Darth Fiero) to do the swap/restoration.

Thanks Oreif,

I think you are onto something. I contacted an attorney this week and spoke with him concerning all of the above. I will have by car back by June 10, 2010 - finished or not. I just can't wait any longer, cars go way bad when you let them sit this long. I know Loyde is probably overloaded, but that is not my problem.

--Will
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock