Started on: 04-08-2004 10:42 PM
Replies: 354
Last post by: FieroMonkey on 01-21-2010 01:19 AM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Rob,
Give me a holler, home or work. We were all talking at the Bluegrass Fieros Pool Party today about you and Renee, we'd all like to come over and see your new garage, Oh yeah, and the house to.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's always earned.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Ooops forgot about the money issue.

IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2005 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
I know of one person who as of this week was seriously considering a B and B Targa, but, just like most, has been unable to get a hold of them. I informed him of all your troubles and unsatisfaction and hopefully now he will more closely evaluate the situation and go ahead and get his second choice a chop top instead.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-15-2005).]

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2005 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I know of one person who as of this week was seriously considering a B and B Targa, but, just like most, has been unable to get a hold of them. I informed him of all your troubles and unsatisfaction and hopefully now he will more closely evaluate the situation and go ahead and get his second choice a chop top instead.

Taking it to Archies for a chop is a sure bet.

Rob D.

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2005 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Hey Rob!
That sucks about them bailing on you and their poor craftsmenship and not caring at all. You would think that if they wanted to continue to offer any services like that to other Fiero owners, they would make darn sure it was done right or at least opologize and admit it needs some more tweeking and make sure the customer was happy with reworking it or at worst a partial refund or something so others would still want to do business with them. Ignoring the customer is the wrong way to go, and they are abviously to dumb to realize that you are also a customer that is on the one and only largest Fiero forum with thousands of potential customers listening to this..duh! Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face kind of thing, geeze

I was surprised to see your garage, as I figured you would have had a 6 bay one by now or something

Steve

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2005 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post
Once we finish getting settled, we plan on having a house-warming get-together barbeque. Maybe Labor Day weekend or there abouts? I will bring it up to Rob and see what he says. Sorry, no pool, but plenty of parking!

Originally posted by blackrams:

Rob,
Give me a holler, home or work. We were all talking at the Bluegrass Fieros Pool Party today about you and Renee, we'd all like to come over and see your new garage, Oh yeah, and the house to.

------------------
Elvira
www.dirtyratracing.org
Blue 87GT 5sp (True-Blue)
Black 86GT 5sp (The Dirty Rat)
84 Indy-19k&300HP SD4!
Maroon 88 T-top Formula (1988-2003 RIP)

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2005 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post

Elvira

933 posts
Member since Jun 2001
Rob was so discouraged with the way he got the Rat back that he even talked about selling it, until he came to his senses! Now that we have an awesome garage, he is back in the mood to get working on it again. I told him at least he has a "rough" start to his targa. He will NEVER let the Rat out of his sight again. And it WILL be fixed the proper way since he will be doing it himself (with my help, of course!). I was really shocked that Bill did us that way. We got the proverbial "I'll come up and fix it." from him until
Rob got tired of hearing it and asked him for a partial refund so he could get it fixed himself, we never heard from Bill after that, and that was last Nov/Dec time-frame. I think Rob has been more than patient with him. He wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt before he said anything that would put their reputation on the line, but he has given them MORE than enough time to fix the problems or give him a partial refund to take care of it himself. If anyone is even considering getting ANY work done from B&B Spyder, consider yourself warned in advance! We will post more pics soon of the rest of the "craftsmanship".

Originally posted by Fiero5:

Hey Rob!
That sucks about them bailing on you and their poor craftsmenship and not caring at all. You would think that if they wanted to continue to offer any services like that to other Fiero owners, they would make darn sure it was done right or at least opologize and admit it needs some more tweeking and make sure the customer was happy with reworking it or at worst a partial refund or something so others would still want to do business with them. Ignoring the customer is the wrong way to go, and they are abviously to dumb to realize that you are also a customer that is on the one and only largest Fiero forum with thousands of potential customers listening to this..duh! Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face kind of thing, geeze

I was surprised to see your garage, as I figured you would have had a 6 bay one by now or something

Steve

------------------
Elvira
www.dirtyratracing.org
Blue 87GT 5sp (True-Blue)
Black 86GT 5sp (The Dirty Rat)
84 Indy-19k&300HP SD4!
Maroon 88 T-top Formula (1988-2003 RIP)

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2005 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Wow. I had heard some concerns about B&B from Ari's Kit Car Forum, but nothing with evidence, just related stories. When I first saw this thread, I just KNEW they would do an awesome job of the Dirty Rat because it was being chronicled here on PFF. I actually would have dismissed any high quality work as not necessarily average because they were under the microscope.

To do that crappy of a job, and knowing that everyone here will see it.... wow.
You can bet they will never touch my Fiero, nor anyone's I know of if I can help it.

And to think, LZeitgeist almost gave them his trophy winning Formula to do the Automoda conversion.
Thankfully Archie did it instead.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2005 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Elvira:

Rob was so discouraged with the way he got the Rat back that he even talked about selling it, until he came to his senses! Now that we have an awesome garage, he is back in the mood to get working on it again. I told him at least he has a "rough" start to his targa. He will NEVER let the Rat out of his sight again. And it WILL be fixed the proper way since he will be doing it himself (with my help, of course!). I was really shocked that Bill did us that way. We got the proverbial "I'll come up and fix it." from him until
Rob got tired of hearing it and asked him for a partial refund so he could get it fixed himself, we never heard from Bill after that, and that was last Nov/Dec time-frame. I think Rob has been more than patient with him. He wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt before he said anything that would put their reputation on the line, but he has given them MORE than enough time to fix the problems or give him a partial refund to take care of it himself. If anyone is even considering getting ANY work done from B&B Spyder, consider yourself warned in advance! We will post more pics soon of the rest of the "craftsmanship".

Great to hear about your new place & good to hear that you all are back in the mood.

As you know, I've been warning people about B&B for years.

Welcome back to the front.

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2005 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Hmm. I wonder what Chester is doing?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-18-2005).]

Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2005 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
glass roof for the targa?
JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2005 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post

Glasurit is paint, so I'm saying paint
PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2005 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
The choptop above is looking real nice. I wish I wasn't so tall... I suppose even with the Targa top, I'd look kinda silly driving down the road with my head sticking out of the roof- probably have to hear goggles, maybe a helmet, and carry a tooth brush whenever I drove it.
datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2005 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hmm. I wonder what Chester is doing?

Picking the car up from B&B in that picture.. the car still isn't painted.. cause the crappy fiberglass work that B&B did that Rob has to redo.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Still waiting for the Rat to resurface.

Sweet ride.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2005 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hmm...what's up with the Dirty Rat? It's been raining in his area for some time now. They say that Rats usually surface during a flood, hehe. Some pics please.

anubiscougar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2005 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anubiscougarSend a Private Message to anubiscougarDirect Link to This Post
bump.

and.. what about the targa kit from B&B, is that crap too, or just their crapsmanship?

very nice car though, i'm in love with it, and i never thought i'd love a rat... i usually feed them to my snake & laugh, hahaha.

glad to see Elvira is doing good, and congrats on the house. ya, i'm probably a bit to late on this post w/ all this but ohwell. I'm new the the forums.

any new pix of what you've gotten fixed on it yet? I'd love to see more. Have you noticed any damage w/ the chassis(sp)? I know you had the x frame installed, but.. you never know.

-bryan.

slickrick2000

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2005 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slickrick2000Send a Private Message to slickrick2000Direct Link to This Post
Bumpin this up.
Looking forward to any updates
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Sure is quiet in here.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
I'm getting out of Fieros... - Check the mall.

Yeah right! Just laying low...

Seems to be a lot of bickering BS on the forum lately that turns me off from posting...

Chester...

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY! Choptop Targa #1
383 Stroker MPFI with N2O
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
19" Motegi Roja's wrapped in BFGoodrich Gforce T/A KDW-2 rubber
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated Jan 21 '04 Web Site down - looking for a new host.

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 12-29-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

Chester...

Now that was funny !

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyDirect Link to This Post

Yeah right! Just laying low...

Seems to be a lot of bickering BS on the forum lately that turns me off from posting...

Chester...

that was pretty funny, i was almost in the mall before finishing reading the post and finding out he was kidding.

PFF
System Bot
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
This has me a little busy - -our first grandson -

Comming down to visit in two weeks - I can't wait!!

This takes first dibs even before the RAT.

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated Jan 21 '04 www.dirtyratracing.org

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 12-30-2005).]

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
Oh man.. i totally went to click on the ' Mall ' and then i read the rest...LOL

updates?

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Alright, I have to know; is the B&B kit ok, or is that junk too? I'm planing on buying a Fiero Roll Cage from Doug Chase, and I was also considering the B&B Spyder Targa kit, but I was going to do the work myself. If the kit is ok, I may get that still, but if the kit is junk, I'd rather a T-Top setup. Please, somebody let me know. Chester? Archie? Anybody know first hand the quality of the kit?
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

Alright, I have to know; is the B&B kit ok, or is that junk too? I'm planing on buying a Fiero Roll Cage from Doug Chase, and I was also considering the B&B Spyder Targa kit, but I was going to do the work myself. If the kit is ok, I may get that still, but if the kit is junk, I'd rather a T-Top setup. Please, somebody let me know. Chester? Archie? Anybody know first hand the quality of the kit?

I would go with a t-top kit and save my $$$ and frustration in a heartbeat have I known then what I know today. The parts I got SUCKED A$$. If you do decide to get the targa - be forwarned that you do so at your own risk. If you want the exotic look, are real good at fixing fiberglass parts (not a single straight line to be found on my parts) and are willing to pay the $$$ and redo the glass yourself then go for it. The only good thing I can say is that the support subframe is real nice - but then, it wasn't made by B&B - he contracted that part out.

Rob D.

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 01-20-2006).]

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Well Chester after many months of wonder you are finally speaking out, good for you!
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2006 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

The only good thing I can say is that the support subframe is real nice - but then, it wasn't made by B&B - he contracted that part out.

Any word on who did it?

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible
*Desktop Photo Here*

ibcruzn

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-30-2006 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ibcruznSend a Private Message to ibcruznDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LZeitgeist:

Any word on who did it?

I would to like know also.

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2006 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2006 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Chester was the plan ever to bond the old modified roof skin to the fiberglass targa top ?

Seems like to me that would have been and still might be the way to go to get a quality
top for the Targa.

Hey on the bright side your experience will help others. You just may become the new targa forum guru !! When will your kits be out ??? hehehe.

All this targa talk has me thinking about a possible future project.

P.S. How did you get so lucky to get a lady who is into fieros ????

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Because...."good threads should never die."
PFF
System Bot
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ibcruzn:

I would to like know also.

I was never told who did the subframe - just that it was farmed out. - Sorry...

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by exoticse:

Chester was the plan ever to bond the old modified roof skin to the fiberglass targa top ?

Seems like to me that would have been and still might be the way to go to get a quality
top for the Targa.

Hey on the bright side your experience will help others. You just may become the new targa forum guru !! When will your kits be out ??? hehehe.

All this targa talk has me thinking about a possible future project.

P.S. How did you get so lucky to get a lady who is into fieros ????

No, the top was made complete from a mold - the original top was not used.

As I look at this more and more I feel tha I'm going to redesign the top latches so who knows...

And as finding a lady that likes Fieros - hey - thats what you get when you find your soulmate!

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated Jan 21 '04 www.dirtyratracing.org

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Yea, I'm working on a Targa for my '86 GT, but I don't particularly feel like cutting into my roof, just in case I can't get it to work. I suppose I'll see if I can find a junk chassis to practice on, to experiment with. Maybe I'll even try to chop it at the same time, who knows? I just have to find a car.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Will 2007 be the year of the Rat ??

Here is a flashback to Daytona 2004, just prior to the targa, but after the chop.

1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2006 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
Just great, the ONE year that I could not attend the Dyatona event & I miss the RAT.

Your car has given me inspiration over the years Rob.

Actuall, a lot of people on this forum have inspired me.

What a great place to be.

Going to work on my ride now come to think of it.

Thanks to ALL!

John
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hmm. Let's see what's on RAT T.V.?
85GTV84FUN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GTV84FUNSend a Private Message to 85GTV84FUNDirect Link to This Post
Curleys board, he is pushing all my favorites to the top.
Good job bud
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2006 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85GTV84FUN:

Curleys board, he is pushing all my favorites to the top.
Good job bud

Hmm...what in the news???

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock