Started on: 04-08-2004 10:42 PM
Replies: 354
Last post by: FieroMonkey on 01-21-2010 01:19 AM
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
So is that crossmember going to hold up the fuel tank now? I noticed it doesn't have the stock tank straps now.
IP: Logged
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, the straps and that center brace still look to be there to me..
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Nice Work Chester...Between you and Curley the rest of us might as well compete for third in the custom class...

That is the truth...

Chester... You are a Dirty Rat are'nt you????

------------------
aka."SmoothGT"
Custom Built W I D E B O D Y ~ GT!! One of One!!
3.4DOHC/5speed swap coming soon..(gathering part's now!)

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Nice Work Chester...Between you and Curley the rest of us might as well compete for third in the custom class...well you both are actually modified so I better keep that 6 banger in mine or I don't have a chance.

nah... somebody has to keep raising the bar or this stuff gets boring. bump it UP !! YEAH !!

------------------

3.4 DOHC Turbo swap in progress

avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
OK, upon closer examination, I did see the tank bracket. It was right under the X of the crossmember. How did I miss that on the first place?
PontiacRcr4evr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacRcr4evrSend a Private Message to PontiacRcr4evrDirect Link to This Post
HOLY (&*#*&@!*!!!!

There isn't much more to say than that. I just can't wait till I graduate college. Maybe then I'll have enough money to make a car 1/10 as cool as the rat!
Keep up the good work.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by B&BSpyder:

You could have stopped by, your car was just down the road from the shop

Hmmmmm........at the time, my "check wallet light" was on. Maybe for the Fiero Redux next year? Can't decided wheather for a electric moon roof or targa top now? However, the Silver Choptop is getting wide body and some paint and thats it!

------------------

moto838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for moto838Send a Private Message to moto838Direct Link to This Post
Swweeeettt!!!!!!! Joe
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
You know.. I REALLY... REALLY... need to win the lottery!!

------------------
aka."SmoothGT"
Custom Built W I D E B O D Y ~ GT!! One of One!!
3.4DOHC/5speed swap coming soon..(gathering part's now!)

OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroDirect Link to This Post
He he, I know where the original molds came from for B&B's Targa design, I have the car sitting in my garage.
Hey Dirty Rat, I have been to that shop a few times, man are you gonna be happy with his craftsmanship, that man does wonders on anything he touches. Also have to say that I like that look of the choptop with a Targa top, niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice choice there, that thing is gonna look so sweet when you get it back.
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Hmmmmm........at the time, my "check wallet light" was on.

I hate it when that happens! Been there - done that over and over now....

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 04-11-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Chester,
I'll give you this, you have a passion and a willingness to reach deep into the ole wallet, congrats on a beautiful car. Can't wait to see it in person.

------------------
Ron
88 Formula, 4.9, auto, daily driver
88 Formula, 3800 SCII/4T65E Swap in Process, almost done.
88 Formula, 5 Spd, 3.4 TDC Swap in Process, just started.
88 Formula, Stock, 5 Spd, T Top, Special Days Only!
02 Dodge Ram Diesel with 32 foot Gooseneck Fiero Transport.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
Chester,
I'll give you this, you have a passion and a willingness to reach deep into the ole wallet, congrats on a beautiful car. Can't wait to see it in person.

Well Ron,
You got it partially right - I have a passion to create what I really want and have no problems with reaching deep into my wallet to get there. Reaching deep into my wallet is certainly not a passion - but a means to the end.

You can't wait to see it - I can't wait to show it!

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY!
383 Stroker MPFI with N2O
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
19" Motegi Roja's wrapped in BFGoodrich Gforce T/A KDW-2 rubber
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated Jan 21 '04 www.dirtyratracing.org

PontiacRcr4evr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacRcr4evrSend a Private Message to PontiacRcr4evrDirect Link to This Post
Any chance of posting a few more pics?
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PontiacRcr4evr:

Any chance of posting a few more pics?

I'm awaiting some new pics. As soon as I get them today or tonight I'll post them.

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001
The latest update pics...hot off the press!

Since the roof on a chop is a little shorter then a stock roof, the targa section has to be sectioned to fit properly...

I asked that the seam in the roof be glassed together.. I figure the seams from the targa will be enough, once the targa is removed the roof will have a smooth look.. Check out the custom headliner in the upper left corner - that looks SWEET! Also got a few sweet replicas in this one...

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 04-12-2004).]

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001
What the inside of the targa top looks like before the glass work.

This is how it fits before the outer skin is bonded...looking good Bill

Thanks for the update pics and the good work. Can't wait to see her done this weekend!!! Rock on!

Thanks for looking!

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
RCC Coilover Suspension

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 04-12-2004).]

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Uhh.. wow.
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Lookin' great!

B&BSpyder - Just curious, but what does an average targa top conversion for a Fiero cost?

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Not to speak for them or inhouse setup but...

He said in another post.. $500 for the underframe, 700 for the fiberglass... BB, this still the same?

B&BSpyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for B&BSpyderClick Here to visit B&BSpyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to B&BSpyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

Not to speak for them or inhouse setup but...

He said in another post.. $500 for the underframe, 700 for the fiberglass... BB, this still the same?

That was correct but due to the increasing price of steel lately the frame is know $600. and $700. for the fiberglass.
Bill

PFF
System Bot
shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post

That was correct but due to the increasing price of steel lately the frame is know $600. and $700. for the fiberglass.
Bill

How much for installation, or is that included?

Kris

------------------

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
I guess what I was looking for was a total cost start to finish. What would be my bill when I show up after it's all done (less paint I'm sure) and I am ready to drive it away?

Thanks

Steve

B&BSpyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for B&BSpyderClick Here to visit B&BSpyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to B&BSpyderDirect Link to This Post
Basic installation runs $1300. price may vary due to some mods if any are made,
Bill

------------------

PontiacRcr4evr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacRcr4evrSend a Private Message to PontiacRcr4evrDirect Link to This Post
Wouldn't a 4 point roll bar inside eliminate the need for the frame underneith? Hey, it also make you nhra legal to run under 12. With the sidebars inside, you could strip down the guts of those heavy azz doors. Just a thought. Trying to get ideas for the day when I have some $$$ to build my own car .
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Basic installation runs $1300. price may vary due to some mods if any are made,
Bill

Wow! Thats not bad. Not bad at all.
Hmmmmm.....

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Dammit Chester stop making me drool all over my keyboard!
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PontiacRcr4evr:

Wouldn't a 4 point roll bar inside eliminate the need for the frame underneith? Hey, it also make you nhra legal to run under 12. With the sidebars inside, you could strip down the guts of those heavy azz doors. Just a thought. Trying to get ideas for the day when I have some $$$ to build my own car .

Sure... if your goal is to make a NHRA legal drag car. But I believe chester's goal is to build a sweet "Street Rod" Fiero that's fast as well as fast-looking. A cage inside would make getting in & out of the car more difficult, whereas the subframe support retains the (relative) easy in & out of the car.

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
Burrrrrp, I mean bump.
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Sure... if your goal is to make a NHRA legal drag car. But I believe chester's goal is to build a sweet "Street Rod" Fiero that's fast as well as fast-looking. A cage inside would make getting in & out of the car more difficult, whereas the subframe support retains the (relative) easy in & out of the car.

What Minn said Yeah, I feel I'll go to the track, bust some 11's, get warned, hope for lower and get kicked off I'll just go to another track if I want to test out any other mods. This is a Street car, not a drag car - even though I'm sure it will hold its own. I used to have a chrome roll bar and really considered having Archie section it when I did the chop, but I decided to let Elvira have it. Looks like shes going to need a bar in the near future!

BTW I should have some update pics tonight

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
RCC Coilover Suspension

B&BSpyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for B&BSpyderClick Here to visit B&BSpyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to B&BSpyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

BTW I should have some update pics tonight

Rob D.

They were just sent
Joyce

------------------

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Bill or Joyce,

Loved the convertible at Daytona.

What is the price of the B and B convertible conversion running? I am talking parts and labor out the door.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
All I have to say is

Someone pinch me - is this for real?!?! The look of the car is exceeding my expectations!!!

Like I say - pictures are worth a thousand works and with the buzz I have right now - I'll let the pictures do the talking

All I have to say is your work rocks Bill!

The pics...I hope my keyboard doesn’t short out from the drool!!

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 04-14-2004).]

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001
And some more

I friggen love it!!!!!
Good night!

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
RCC Coilover Suspension

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Man that is bad Rob! Those wheels are just killer I swear. Nothing has ever caught my eye before these wheels!!! That targa is friggin sweet though. That is the raddest car Ive seen in a while on here and your buildup threads are always filled with pictures. Can't wait for the paint. Good luck buddy.

-Amir

------------------

Maroon 1987 GT 5 spd: 2.8L
Ferrari Red 1988 Formula 5 spd: 3800 Series II Supercharged In & Running.....

My Website: http://www.members.cox.net/rare88/
CarDomain Website: http://www.cardomain.com/id/rare87gt

DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginDirect Link to This Post
WOW!!! Simply stunning!!! Wonderful work your doing there!! Now someone photoshop that roof onto a 308 and we just might have ourself a mod for next year!!! Man that would so make my car complete!!!! LOL More I do the closer I get to the cost of a real one!! I'm sick I swear!!

------------------

Ferrari 308 GTB rebody on a modified 86SE chasis Soon to have a highly hooped up 3800SC..Ohh yeah baby!!
Contacts _ AIM / Zildjianfx _ Yahoo / djdraggin
Remember, always brush your milk, drink your teeth, dont do sleep and get eight hours of drugs.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Awesome
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

https://images.fiero.nl/pffimages/MVC-57F.jpg

Hmmm.... something seems to be missing...

Looks awesome - looking forward to seeing it finished soon!

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Hmmm.... something seems to be missing...

Looks awesome - looking forward to seeing it finished soon!

I'm assuming that you’re referring to the rockers - they had to be removed to facilitate the frame welding...

If you’re referring to the roof - then

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

Man that is bad Rob! Those wheels are just killer I swear. Nothing has ever caught my eye before these wheels!!! That targa is friggin sweet though. That is the raddest car Ive seen in a while on here and your buildup threads are always filled with pictures. Can't wait for the paint. Good luck buddy.

-Amir

Thanks Amir! I love the rims - but still didn't get best rims at the Daytona show Oh well, to each his own I guess. I lovem' and thats that counts!

Rob D.

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 04-14-2004).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock