Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
Dirty Rat update by B&BSpyder
Started on: 04-08-2004 10:42 PM
Replies: 354
Last post by: FieroMonkey on 01-21-2010 01:19 AM
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2004 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

hmmmmm....I think he's going for the Mean-Race car look? Plus it's "black." With black, you just can't have the "happy-easy going" look. The wing does match the rims and aluminum front air-dam which, in-turn matches the engine. IMO just bring the wing back 1-2" before painting it. It makes the car look "elongated." A metal front air deflector might do the trick for the front, but that's a different look w/the 355 nose, right?

Yes the wing will ge offset to the back a few inches and there's a few other "tweaks" that I have in mind.

Rob D.

IP: Logged
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2004 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

The targa chop-top is just badass, but boy i cant stand that front fascia, just loooks way too long and added on to me when the rest of the car looks natural

First negative on the front fascia...I like the fact that it makes it look longer. It looks funky because its not prepped or painted properly - yet. Give it a chance, it will look MUCH better when it's all done. Especially when its painted!

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY! Choptop Targa #1
383 Stroker MPFI with N2O
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
19" Motegi Roja's wrapped in BFGoodrich Gforce T/A KDW-2 rubber
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated Jan 21 '04 www.dirtyratracing.org

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 04-19-2004).]

fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2004 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
ok, i'll shoot

first of all, close call with the other thread.

I really like the targa top, I've always wondered how it would look on the Fiero, and I love it! You need to get that thing painted and all of the trim done! I think moving the wing back is a good call, and the front fascia im not too sure about yet. You better get some more pictures up quick!!

Great job on making a one of a kind Fiero!

Master Tuner Akimoto

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post04-19-2004 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
I have a 355 front on mine and it did take some getting used to unfinished but when finished it will not be the typical Fiero but a one of a kind exotic look.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2004 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Let's get one thing straight this car is bada** regardless of the facia and secondly the only person that really needs to like it is chester himself.

With that being said however I don't think it hurts for people to give their opinion, in fact as long as it is constructive i don't think chester minds. Chester ?

I think the front fascia is just " ok", it would not be my first choice either. I think it looked better with an aero nose, but even then i think it needed a little tweeking to give it a different look.

I think i am one of the few who actually like the wing, i just wish it were like maybe 1/4 less long (north and south).

Targa looks fabulous, great choice Chester.

Stinkin_V8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stinkin_V8Send a Private Message to Stinkin_V8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:
... Especially when its painted!

Can't wait to see that paint job, it sounds pretty cool!

Hey, how about some more pics of that hood vent? I think you wrote something about it in another thread that I just can't find right now..

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Let's get one thing straight this car is bada** regardless of the facia and secondly the only person that really needs to like it is chester himself.

You got it...

With that being said however I don't think it hurts for people to give their opinion, in fact as long as it is constructive i don't think chester minds. Chester ?

Agreed, I don't mind constructive criticism. A "I don't like" this or that really isn't constructive. Keep this in mind - I built the car to suite my taste and the only person that needs to be happy with it is - that's right, Me. Curly on the other hand has given me some great ideas - too bad I want to finally get my car to a finished state and DRIVE it for a while before I do another 6 months worth of mods. I have to leave some room for improvement!

I think the front fascia is just " ok", it would not be my first choice either.

OK is better then "I hate it!"

Targa looks fabulous, great choice Chester.

Thanks!!

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
RCC Coilover Suspension

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 04-20-2004).]

boristheblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boristhebladeClick Here to visit boristheblade's HomePageSend a Private Message to boristhebladeDirect Link to This Post
I' hope I had some kind of impact with that Targa thread, because that targa turned out absolutely fabulous.
So, would ya like to give us a hint or a spy pic of your next mod?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Heck, as long as Chester keep on posting on this thread I'm happy!

Yah need at least ONE choptop, V8 swap, 3800 swap, or body molds being done on PFF to keep the "ideas" flowing. Otherwise, I might as well turn on the Discover Channel.

Btw Chester, keep that darn car away from truck-trailers and cell phone drivers. We "all" need to see it finished.
The word "finished" is a incorrect word when applied to the Fiero. Thats why my check wallet light is always on, hehehehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-20-2004).]

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2004 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boristheblade:

I' hope I had some kind of impact with that Targa thread, because that targa turned out absolutely fabulous.
So, would ya like to give us a hint or a spy pic of your next mod?

If your refering to the one that B&B originally posted in - the answer is yes. When I saw it, I knew that was the mod for me...Thanks!! A+ for ya....

Actually it was Black-Azz-GT that posted the thread where I saw the conversion at B&B. A+ to him too!!!

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 04-21-2004).]

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2004 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Got the last few pieces to finish off the interior. Now that Elvira is back from the hospital I hope to get some progress done on the Rat. I should have a couple of updated pics to post by the end of the weekend. I haven't as much as even uncovered the car but once since I brought it home, that was when Phillipine came by...

Too bad Mr Mikes isn't doing the leather armrests anymore. I got the last ones. I think they look great!

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
RCC Coilover Suspension

PFF
System Bot
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2004 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
yep, got a look at it and a chance to whip out the tape measurer and check a thing or two. thanks for the look, and get well wishes for elvira. thanks for a good rear facia to work with too.
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2004 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
How do you install the arm rests???
fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

I was thinking the exact same thing. Does the leather come off?

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

The top screw is epoxied into the arm rest, so you spin the arm rest on and then fasten the 2 bottom screws in thru the slits in the leather.

Rob D.

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Agreed, I don't mind constructive criticism. A "I don't like" this or that really isn't constructive. Keep this in mind - I built the car to suite my taste and the only person that needs to be happy with it is - that's right, Me.

Rob D.

Yeah, well it's too bad that not everyone on this forum follows that kind of thought pattern Rob, as we have sadly seen in quite a few threads on here. I agree that in the end though all that matters is what we the owner of our car feels about what we are doing to it
The Rat is continually looking unique no matter how many different threads there are on it now
I can still remember that first show you and Elvira drove your GT that we all went together in Rhode Island to back in 2000. Just look at how it has changed and grown in 4 years since that day. Your dedication as well as your deep wallet really shows thru in what you have been doing these past few years on that GT
Hopefully sometime down the road you will make it back up here to a show in the New England area again with her so those of us who have been around it since almost day one of much of it's transformnation will be able to see it in person and check out all the latest things you have done since you and Elvira left to more southern pastures

Steve

------------------

Now over 500 pics of our growing fleet of Pontiac excitement:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/fiero5

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Got the last few pieces to finish off the interior. Now that Elvira is back from the hospital I hope to get some progress done on the Rat. I should have a couple of updated pics to post by the end of the weekend. I haven't as much as even uncovered the car but once since I brought it home, that was when Phillipine came by...

Too bad Mr Mikes isn't doing the leather armrests anymore. I got the last ones. I think they look great!

Rob D.

Looks nice Chester. Tht one of the nice things about driving the chop, the smell of new leather. Enjoy.

Btw. I'm glad your wife is back from the hospital and I hope se is doing well?

------------------

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Looks nice Chester. Tht one of the nice things about driving the chop, the smell of new leather. Enjoy.
Btw. I'm glad your wife is back from the hospital and I hope se is doing well?

Thanks Curley,
things are getting better.
Hope to have some time to get Elviras car on the road and put in some wrench time on the Rat this weekend.

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2004 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyDirect Link to This Post
hey chester, do you have any pics of the "A" pillar and "B" pillar trim, and pics of the interior with the top on?
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2004 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

The finish with the targa is just breath taking.....Fantastic job B&B.

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyDirect Link to This Post
TTT
PFF
System Bot
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by riley:

hey chester, do you have any pics of the "A" pillar and "B" pillar trim, and pics of the interior with the top on?

Not at the moment. The top that I brought back with me was a temp to get it home as it was sectioned about 4 different times to accommodate the chop differences and had a lot of body filler/excess fiberglass resin, which made the piece heavy. I have since sent the top to B&B so he can pull a mold from it and make me an all fiberglass top. I'm also getting a soft top to carry with me. As soon as I get the parts back I will continue on with the project. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress.

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
RCC Coilover Suspension

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

Hi all,

The finish with the targa is just breath taking.....Fantastic job B&B.

Thanks for the compliments. I felt that the targa with the chop would be an awsome combination.

Rob D.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Not at the moment. The top that I brought back with me was a temp to get it home as it was sectioned about 4 different times to accommodate the chop differences and had a lot of body filler/excess fiberglass resin, which made the piece heavy. I have since sent the top to B&B so he can pull a mold from it and make me an all fiberglass top. I'm also getting a soft top to carry with me. As soon as I get the parts back I will continue on with the project. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress.

Rob D.

When do you think your Rat will be finished? Painted? {Finished: a term used in the Fiero world but really has no meaning}

What's next Fiero show the Rat will be in? Wheatfest?

The Black Widow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The Black WidowSend a Private Message to The Black WidowDirect Link to This Post
Hey! How about some updates and pictures, I know its getting pretty warm in kentucky......So when do I get my ride
-Matt
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

When do you think your Rat will be finished? Painted? {Finished: a term used in the Fiero world but really has no meaning}

What's next Fiero show the Rat will be in? Wheatfest?

Have no idea. I never seem to make a deadline so I'm not making them anymore. A year, two, who knows...
On a serious note - 3-4 months...I hope. Got a lot on my plate including my daugther getting married this year so the car has taken second place to other commitments but trust me, no one wants it done more then me!

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by The Black Widow:

Hey! How about some updates and pictures, I know its getting pretty warm in kentucky......So when do I get my ride
-Matt

Read your PM's!

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

Rob D.

Not true - last ones went to Germany, see the evidence:

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com
17" DEZENT T wheels with 215/40 tires front and 235/45 rear, KONI shocks, EIBACH springs, polyurethane dog bone, bushings and engine mounts, K&N air filter, OZELOT exhaust, Mercedes SLK yellow, Mr. Mikes seats, shift and e-brake boots. Custom sound system with subwoofer behind passenger seat, F355 style front.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Not true - last ones went to Germany, see the evidence:

According to Mike, he wasn't making them any more and I had the last set. Maybe he changed his mind?

Thanks for pointing it out though... Looks good.

Rob D.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Okay, that was a good head-fake. i was hopping for updats! I went to the West fest and it was a blast! But I still haven't forgottin the DIRTY RAT!
Your daughter should be married-off by now and your wallet chek-light on full, hehehe. Anything? Pipe dreams?
gumert

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gumertSend a Private Message to gumertDirect Link to This Post
Friendly bump to all the nubbies like me who didnt get a chance to see this amazing thread
PFF
System Bot
ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2004 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Direct Link to This Post
I love the targa... i did mine myself altho its not done yet... but here take a look i would like to know where u got your frame connector x frame thing... id like to do that as well as my roll cage... i love the look u got with the top mine doesnt look as nice yet... i managed to crack my windshield as well but oh well
ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2004 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Direct Link to This Post

ShueGlue737

521 posts
Member since Apr 2004
maybe try this again

[img]www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=35436722306&photoid=15436722306[/img]

ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2004 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Direct Link to This Post

ShueGlue737

521 posts
Member since Apr 2004
grr
ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2004 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Direct Link to This Post

ShueGlue737

521 posts
Member since Apr 2004
its not a chop top but i think i would go one or the other....
Stinkin_V8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2004 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stinkin_V8Send a Private Message to Stinkin_V8Direct Link to This Post
Hope you get those pics working, I'd love to see your targa top.
ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2004 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Direct Link to This Post
ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2004 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Direct Link to This Post

ShueGlue737

521 posts
Member since Apr 2004
ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2004 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Direct Link to This Post

ShueGlue737

521 posts
Member since Apr 2004
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2004 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Here you go:

Cool. Your own fab work? what are you using for a top? More info!

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
RCC Coilover Suspension

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 08-24-2004).]