Started on: 04-08-2004 10:42 PM
Replies: 354
Last post by: FieroMonkey on 01-21-2010 01:19 AM
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

I'm assuming that you’re referring to the rockers - they had to be removed to facilitate the frame welding...

If you’re referring to the roof - then

Both! At a glance one would almost think that the car has been vandalized (except for the fact that the wing is still there ). So - when do we get to see it with the rockers back on?

IP: Logged
B&BSpyder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for B&BSpyderClick Here to visit B&BSpyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to B&BSpyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Bill or Joyce,

Loved the convertible at Daytona.

What is the price of the B and B convertible conversion running? I am talking parts and labor out the door.

Exoticse
A complete convertible (minus paint) is $5500. That's subframe, top frame with removable targa, cloth and fiberglass (header, decklid vents, quarter panels). Paint cost obviously depends on the current paint, if it's fresh paint that can be matched (or blended) it's not to bad , if you want something like what we did for John Parks car it might set off the "check wallet light"
Joyce

------------------

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
man, the Dirty Rat has to be one of the most fun cars to follow on the forum

cool car Chester!

+ for B&B and Chester for inspiring others and all hard work you've done!

------------------
-Monkey

9 Fieros....help

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 04-14-2004).]

ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopDirect Link to This Post
Be interesting to see the targa formed from plexiglass...
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ChopTop:

Smoked plexiglass... Already though about it....

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by FieroMonkey:

man, the Dirty Rat has to be one of the most fun cars to follow on the forum

cool car Chester!

+ for B&B and Chester for inspiring others and all hard work you've done!

Thanks! Wait till my next project hits the web waves....

Rob D.

B&BSpyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for B&BSpyderClick Here to visit B&BSpyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to B&BSpyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ChopTop:

HMM, that is interesting, maybe we need to have a chat with the guy who bends our GT replacement glass!
Joyce

JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post
I never thought that much about a targa, until I drove a Vette with one, and I sure liked it.
Also happens that he had a few for the car, and had the solid tinted glass one in the day I drove it.
Nice!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by B&BSpyder:

Basic installation runs $1300. price may vary due to some mods if any are made,
Bill

So it's $1300 installed, right?

Chester, I'ed just got off the phone with your doctor and he said that due to the vehical being a "targa-top" your blood pressure might cause nauseness and sudden bout of jiberous talk. To avoid this condition just send the car over to Caleefornia and I'll handle it from here. hehehehe. Looking good!

------------------

B&BSpyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for B&BSpyderClick Here to visit B&BSpyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to B&BSpyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

So it's $1300 installed, right?

$1300. for the installation of the kit and due to rising steel prices the kit is now $1300. So that is a total of $2600.00
Bill

------------------

[This message has been edited by B&BSpyder (edited 04-14-2004).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

$1300. for the installation of the kit and due to rising steel prices the kit is now $1300. So that is a total of $2600.00
Bill

Hmmm, somehow that total has doubled in only a few days

PFF
System Bot
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

He had mentioned the kit now cost 1300. When later asked about installation, he mentioned that was 1300... Seems the same..

B&BSpyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for B&BSpyderClick Here to visit B&BSpyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to B&BSpyderDirect Link to This Post

Were i posted the price of the installation that was only installation and three posts of posts prior I had quoted the price of the kit it was my mistake I didn't add the 2 of them together. So the price has not double it is still the same.
Bill

------------------

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2004 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Kits don't normally come with labor, hence it's a "Kit" as in DIY

Common Steve - break out the 'ol sawsall and go for it!

Wish my car wasn't chopped, I'd save me some laber costs - NOT!

Rob D.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2004 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Anything new to post? A pic with Chester in the Targa top smiling from ear-to-ear will do.

------------------

B&BSpyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2004 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for B&BSpyderClick Here to visit B&BSpyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to B&BSpyderDirect Link to This Post

Anything new to post? A pic with Chester in the Targa top smiling from ear-to-ear will do.

Will this work Madcurl?

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2004 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Wow, you're sitting low in that sucker! I take it Archie lowers the seats as part of his chop tops? I was wondering how you'd have enough head room (well, you've got PLENTY, now, but you know what I mean).
ca_xtreme

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
User Banned

Report this Post04-18-2004 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ca_xtremeSend a Private Message to ca_xtremeDirect Link to This Post
just to add my 2cents car looks great i love the targa top ...... but you need to get some new door panels one from a 4cyl model ones with out the molding on them the archie scoops look sooooooo much better with out them IMHO.....*i have pics of what mine look like see sig or ask*

so when ya gonna paint it or do you have more surprises in mind? and what color?

------------------

My car is for sale if anyone is interested pm me

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Wow, you're sitting low in that sucker! I take it Archie lowers the seats as part of his chop tops? I was wondering how you'd have enough head room (well, you've got PLENTY, now, but you know what I mean).

Yeah, Archie lowers the seats or flatened the railings for a chop. Enough head room? If your taller than Archie, I'd be worried. I think, anyone over 6'2" should have a problem. On my choptop, I had the headliner fabric removed. That's at least 1/16" there?

Chester, the car looks great man! i may have to bring the Fiero Redux down to FL for a targa now? Question: Have any pics of the targa top inside the trunk? I know the shop mentioned about modifing the trunk for storage.
Any other(s) pics with the targa top on the car? Or with diferent angles?

------------------

B&BSpyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for B&BSpyderClick Here to visit B&BSpyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to B&BSpyderDirect Link to This Post

Chester, the car looks great man! i may have to bring the Fiero Redux down to FL for a targa now? Question: Have any pics of the targa top inside the trunk? I know the shop mentioned about modifing the trunk for storage.
Any other(s) pics with the targa top on the car? Or with diferent angles?

We didn't put it in the trunk because of the nos! We are working on other alternatives Heres one more for you and we will let Chester post the rest when he gets home.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Man! That looks sweet!
question: Now that the undercarage is welded in place, how can one get to the fuel pump? Or did you make a alternative opening from inside the car?

Chester has a "new" targa top plus this guy is smilling way too much. He's even sport'n new sun shades. He'd better leave Clearwater or ther're be a "new" Sunny Crockett in town, hehehehehe.

------------------

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-18-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ca_xtreme:

...... but you need to get some new door panels one from a 4cyl model ones with out the molding on them

Not sure if you caught the post but Rob said he's working on shaved door handle skins however are not on the car yet. My bet is they don't have the lower trim.

Wow, looks awesome Rob!

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post

Man! That looks sweet!
question: Now that the undercarage is welded in place, how can one get to the fuel pump? Or did you make a alternative opening from inside the car?

The frame has a removable bolt in center section. You can remove it to drop the tank.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Cool, very Cool.

Archie

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
So I guess it is a double chopped top now! nice.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Rob, the car is looking very saaweett! I think it would look even better all Black and without the lower aero pieces on the door skins.
wriott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wriottSend a Private Message to wriottDirect Link to This Post
VERY SWEET!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that one day i can have a car that looks as good as yours.... or better (if possible)

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post
I'd hit it :P
FieroJimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87FieroGTx:

I'd hit it :P

You'd better have a BIG engine, if you want to catch it to hit it, though...

Probably not quite what you had in mind.

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Okay Chester should be home by now? I just check the weather station and its raining over in your neck of the woods, right?
So that stop your smiling and take takes some pic please. Hehehehehehe

Experiences?

How does it feel?

How heavy is the targa top?

------------------

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Okay Chester should be home by now? I just check the weather station and its raining over in your neck of the woods, right?
So that stop your smiling and take takes some pic please. Hehehehehehe

Experiences?

How does it feel?

How heavy is the targa top?

I just pulled in at 5:30 this afternoon, had to unload the car and curio cabinet that my wife bought on eBay in Gainesville, and tried to head out to she her in the hospital Unfortunately, my Intrepid decided to develop a rod knock so I never made it there. I'm beat. I'll post in the am.

I have an interesting story about flying Hondas to tell tomorrow as well...

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 04-18-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2004 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

I just pulled in at 5:30 this afternoon, had to unload the car and curio cabinet that my wife bought on eBay in Gainesville, and tried to head out to she her in the hospital Unfortunately, my Intrepid decided to develop a rod knock so I never made it there. I'm beat. I'll post in the am.

I have an interesting story about flying Hondas to tell tomorrow as well...

Sorry to here about your wife. I hope she gets well soon.

I can't wait too hear about the Honda story.

------------------

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2004 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Sorry to here about your wife. I hope she gets well soon.

I can't wait too hear about the Honda story.

Thanks Curly - the Honda story is here - https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/040667.html

I have a couple more pics that I took in Florida. I haven't had the time to take any here as the weather today got shitty. When it gets nice and I get past all this with the Intrepid, the wife blah blah...I'll take the car out, wash it and shoot some good photos. It needs some items addressed that we just ran ot of time on and some finish work, but nothing major. I love the feel of the open roof!! I can't reall drive it till I replumb the cooling system (decided to change a few things) and get the windsheild resealed - there's NO sealent on the whole top edge of the windsheild. I don't know about any flex yet. If any car would put it to the test it will be mine since the clutch is so chattery...Anyway here are a few pics to get you by...

Topless - my fav all around

Top on.

This one amused me. The car looks like its smiling - happy to come home!!

Now I need a new sig - again!

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY!
383 Stroker MPFI with N2O
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
19" Motegi Roja's wrapped in BFGoodrich Gforce T/A KDW-2 rubber
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated Jan 21 '04 www.dirtyratracing.org

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 04-19-2004).]

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post04-19-2004 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Really nice you guys have raised the bar so high that I have to climb on a chair just to get my chin to reach to look over the fence

[This message has been edited by Master Tuner Akimoto (edited 04-19-2004).]

newfie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2004 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfieSend a Private Message to newfieDirect Link to This Post
Sweet ride, targa looks awesome with the chop. Personally I'd lose the wing though. I think it'd flow much better wing'less. Just my opinion.
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2004 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newfie:

Sweet ride, targa looks awesome with the chop. Personally I'd lose the wing though. I think it'd flow much better wing'less. Just my opinion.

It's funny on how every now and then the wing comes up...It stays. I like the look...

Thanks for the compliments on the rest...

Rob D.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2004 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Man, thats was a close call (on the other thread).

Looking good. I may have to get this mold on the other car? Hmmmmmmm?

------------------

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2004 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post

This one amused me. The car looks like its smiling - happy to come home!!

My kid's skateboard has more headroom !! Impressive as always. Those who can, do. The rest of us just drool....

------------------
Dave E

www.ltlfrari.com

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2004 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newfie:

hmmmmm....I think he's going for the Mean-Race car look? Plus it's "black." With black, you just can't have the "happy-easy going" look. The wing does match the rims and aluminum front air-dam which, in-turn matches the engine. IMO just bring the wing back 1-2" before painting it. It makes the car look "elongated." A metal front air deflector might do the trick for the front, but that's a different look w/the 355 nose, right?

------------------

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-19-2004).]

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2004 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
The targa chop-top is just badass, but boy i cant stand that front fascia, just loooks way too long and added on to me when the rest of the car looks natural
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock