Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 59 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59 
Previous Page | Next Page
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 2332
Last post by: revin on 02-18-2009 09:08 AM
Smoooooth GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2003 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Do you have like a couple Platnum Credits Cards, so we can get started?

LMMFAO!!

------------------
~~Steve~~
~~SmoothGT~~

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

IP: Logged
cooguyfish

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2003 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cooguyfishSend a Private Message to cooguyfishDirect Link to This Post
Hey i was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to photoshop either that white choptop or the silver one into a solid medium red, so i can get an idea of my dream car.

-Fish

GMGW3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2003 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMGW3Send a Private Message to GMGW3Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SanBerdueFiero:

..Anything done to the interior?

Whos Mr White?.. The interior was kept nice and simple, basicly stock with a new black headliner,black carpeting and the new blacked out fiberglass pillar covers and leather seats. Shifter is a Rodney Dickman short shifter.

Glenn1963

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Glenn1963Send a Private Message to Glenn1963Direct Link to This Post
Hey Archie, am I the only one having a problem with your email? If I send an email to archie@v8archie.com (or reply to one of your previous emails), I get a message back from your mail server:

For <v8archi@v8archie.com>, the destination server said: Command RCPT rejected: the sysadmin here has banned (v8archi@v8archie.com) (from v8archie.com:127.0.0.1)

Not sure why there's a missing 'e'.

G

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Glenn1963:

Hey Archie, am I the only one having a problem with your email? If I send an email to archie@v8archie.com (or reply to one of your previous emails), I get a message back from your mail server:

For <v8archi@v8archie.com>, the destination server said: Command RCPT rejected: the sysadmin here has banned (v8archi@v8archie.com) (from v8archie.com:127.0.0.1)

Not sure why there's a missing 'e'.

G

I got the same thing on Monday when trying to send a message... I re-sent it yesterday and it never "bounced" so I'm assuming it went through then..?

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2003 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

We need to see more of this car. Cary did such a nice job with it, I thought I'd give it a bump.

Mark (Cary's friend)

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2003 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
I like the lines of the Fiero as they are but I have an engineer's curiosity of the "Chop Top" process.

Does anyone have pics of the before, during, and after. How do you stiffen the frame, modify the A-pillars, is the glass all cut using templates, etc. What about head clearance?

Intel

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2003 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IntelSend a Private Message to IntelDirect Link to This Post
Man I can't get enough of those choptops. Maybe I should sell a few of my cars and buy a flight ticket and go Chop Top Shopping.

------------------

J. Larsson, Supporting Member

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2003 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

My new desktop wallpaper! Don't suppose you have that in 1024x768?

Could someone photoshop that to have black 88GT diamond spoke wheels, please?

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2003 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Someone pointed out to me that I hadn't posted to this thread in a little while.

How about some pics of what we have at the shop today?

yeah those 3.8SC's are really hurting the business.

fierogt3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2003 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3Send a Private Message to fierogt3Direct Link to This Post

That paint is beautiful.

PFF
System Bot
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2003 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
What kind of sick owner would drop a ram port 383/5spd in an 88Gt choptop? After the way today has gone, I needed a "lift" - thanks for posting the pic!

Jim

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2003 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Archie,
What kind of sick owner would drop a ram port 383/5spd in an 88Gt choptop? After the way today has gone, I needed a "lift" - thanks for posting the pic!

Jim

Glad we could give you a lift. I just emailed a bunch more pics. a few minutes ago.

Archie

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2003 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
i see you got chesters "limo" there...

How about the dirty rat?

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2003 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

Someone pointed out to me that I hadn't posted to this thread in a little while.

How about some pics of what we have at the shop today?

Now THIS ought to be interesting. Archie, I see Chester's "limo" in the background of this pic...you planning on doing a chop on that one, too???

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2003 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
^^ haha, great minds think alike ^^
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2003 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromadman:

i see you got chesters "limo" there...

How about the dirty rat?

Ahhhhhh..... dunno, does it look like this........

Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2003 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockDirect Link to This Post

yeah those 3.8SC's are really hurting the business.

LOL-too funny. You've already had a car in HPP, I'm sure the Wall Street Journal is next.

Don't get in a huff, its just a joke.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2003 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gridlock:

LOL-too funny. You've already had a car in HPP, I'm sure the Wall Street Journal is next.

Don't get in a huff, its just a joke.

Shut up.

Danno88GT5Spd

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-17-2003 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Danno88GT5SpdSend a Private Message to Danno88GT5SpdDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Danno88GT5Spd (edited 09-19-2003).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2003 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danno88GT5Spd:

I really wanted my GT to get a Choptop and rockers before I install my 3800. Not everyone hates V8's and I definetely do not. I was going to buy your kit to swap an SBC in my 88 coupe for a summer weekend cruiser.

Everytime I get a day off from work I get online and look over your products and the cars they are installed on and drool.. But after seeing your attitude in numerous threads I can see you're far from a business man. I wouldn't do business with anyone who goes out of their way to offend and insult someone. Just because some think 3800's are the greatest and some think V8's are the greatest isn't a good reason to offend every 3800 owner. I like them both for there own reasons, and planned on owning one of each.

Welcome to the forum... I see that you're realtively new here, so I imagine that you may not have a complete grasp on the V8 vs. V6 situation. For years (pretty much since the beginning) there has been a V8 vs. V6 issue... and due to his profession (of putting V8's into Fieros) Archie has always been the main target of all sorts of criticism. It's only natural after awhile that he becomes a bit cynical towards those who have attacked him repeatedly. (if you don't know what I'm referring to, then check out this topic: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20021104-1-014855.html )

Archie has given respect a number of times to 3800 owners, but it's hard for anyone to continue to respect those who still bash you every chance they get with stupid attitude.

Originally posted by Archie in https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20030204-1-022596.html:

Well I think the maturity of the V-8 guys is showing.

You'll remember a few weeks ago when"the v8 crowd" had a nice little fun thread going on and X had to jump in there and turn it into a flame war.

Here he starts a thread & we have enough maturity & class to let him enjoy his thread. That's more than he did for us.

Good job so far X.

Archie

This is only one example... and I can locate more if necessary.

You've definitely got the wrong impression if you think that the V8 crowd (and specifically Archie) are always the instigators in these situations...

Hmmm... I realize now after typing all this that I don't need to defend Archie, he's good at doing that himself

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 09-17-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2003 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

... But after seeing your attitude in numerous threads I can see you're far from a business man. I wouldn't do business with anyone who goes out of their way to offend and insult someone. Just because some think 3800's are the greatest and some think V8's are the greatest isn't a good reason to offend every 3800 owner...

I must agree with Minn on this Danno,

If you were ever to meet Archie, you would immediately realize how DRY his humor is, and how much this stuff actually makes him laugh. I visited him when I picked up a Fiero and being from Texas, it was clear that while different from Southern humor, his "Northern Outlook" on these types of things is truly light hearted. He really knows his stuff when it comes to Fieros, and as for being a business man - How long have you been in business Archie? I was REALLY impressed with his business set up, and he took time out of a HECTIC schedule to show me around all morning and answer all of my questions - he was preparing for a NIFE show being held that very weekend I believe. He knows his stuff when it comes to Fieros, and I will be the first to vouch for him.

P.S. I, like you, have respect for both the V8 and V6 swaps. The time and talent involved in either is just fantastic to me.

--Will Martin

thegreep

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2003 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thegreepSend a Private Message to thegreepDirect Link to This Post
I like the franchise idea. . .lets put one in Salt Lake.

------------------
Updated: 8/18/03 Check out some of my rides:
http://shawn.ccicom.com

Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2003 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockDirect Link to This Post

Shut up.

Thanks big guy. Way to handle a joke.

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2003 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thegreep:

I will handle the North Texas Shop!

--Will

87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2003 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

Hey archie I forgot to get a picture of the red outline you have on the front of headlights. Can you post one or e-mail it to me... thanks Also, I will have a $$$ for you on the rear window ones to by friday.

Danno88GT5Spd

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-17-2003 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Danno88GT5SpdSend a Private Message to Danno88GT5SpdDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Danno88GT5Spd (edited 09-19-2003).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2003 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

But just because some represent 3800's badly, doesn't mean all the owners should feel inferior or not welcome to do business with him.

I think you may be reading into his comments a bit too seriously if you feel that offended by his 3800 references - might I simply suggest that you reserve final judgement until you actually meet and/or deal with him. He's not at all one to "discriminate" against you based on what you've got under the hood. -just a suggestion!

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2003 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

He's not at all one to "discriminate" against you based on what you've got under the hood.

yeah, weather it be a battery or a spare tire, he still respects all

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2003 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thegreep:

Sign me up for the New England region!

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2003 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

I can understand... I was really enjoying reading through this thread and seeing the pictures.. But the 3800 comment out of the blue really bugs me. And in another thread of Chesters out of nowhere the 3800 comes into play when there wasn't any discussion.. I was also reading that thread because of the pictures and my interest in what Archie has to offer. It appears he has no problems finding customers, so losing my business will not effect him either way.

I guess I just don't feel welcome to his products and the nice things he has to offer due to the engine under my decklid.

Also I wasn't saying he was instigating. I completely see why he defends himself, his services and the products he offers. But just because some represent 3800's badly, doesn't mean all the owners should feel inferior or not welcome to do business with him.

[This message has been edited by Danno88GT5Spd (edited 09-17-2003).]

Well, I'm glad you got that off your chest and I hope you feel better.

Now I'll give you my angle on this.

#1 I've taken a lot of crop from certain people in this group. I'll return it in kind, they Reap what they Sow.

#2 When it gets to the point where I have to k1ss everyone's behind just because "I'm in business" then I'll just open a Dairy Queen. If a guy acts like a jerk, I'm gonna treat him like a jerk.

#3 Some of these guys don't have any info in their profiles, they want respect, they want their word to mean something but they want to hide behind the Keyboard. I'm out in the open, everyone knows where I work & live. They have my phone numbers and I'm operating right out here in the open with nothing to hide. NO ONE on this Forum is more accessible that I am. That makes me an easy target for some punk that wants to make a name for himself.

#4 What you see is what you get. I am probably a nicer guy in person. I don't lie to people and I've never screwed anyone. I won't call someone a liar until I'm 100% sure (99.9% isn't good enough), but once you've lied to me or screwed me, you'll never be forgiven.

#5 The beauty of what I do is that I don't have to deal with jerks. If a potential customer comes off as being a jerk, I make sure I'm too busy to do a swap for him. Life is too short to deal with jerks. I know a good businessman would do business even with the jerks. I'm sure I'm not a good businessman, if I was I'd own a Dairy Queen.

This thread is about What's up at Archie's, if you don't want to know then change the channel.

So if you don't mind I'll take my thread back.

So......What's up at Archie's?

How about Jim's car.....

Archie

------------------

The LT1 Stinger Build Thread

PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post09-17-2003 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Archie, I've met you on more than one occasion, and I think you're an interesting character.

JazzMan

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2003 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

Archie, I've met you on more than one occasion, and I think you're an interesting character.

JazzMan

HaHa...... that's all I can ask.

L67Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2003 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67FormulaSend a Private Message to L67FormulaDirect Link to This Post
Well said Archie! I apply a similar philosophy to my business and I enjoy going to work.

BTW, got the 4 core radiator. Very nice!
Thanks, jp

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2003 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 09-18-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 09-18-2003).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2003 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
OMG I think I just messed myself, that car is SO SEXY. Kinda looks a little bit Mclaren, or Ultima GT to me. That with a Twin Turbo Northstar and nothing would touch it. Maybe just add a dash of chin spoiler and IMSA rockers. Oh Yaaaaaa.

------------------
85GT 2.9 4spd MSD Everything, Big Cam, No Cat and Nitrous. Nawzz babeee!!!!
http://www.captfiero.com

Danno88GT5Spd

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-19-2003 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Danno88GT5SpdSend a Private Message to Danno88GT5SpdDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the reply. I realize where your sarcasm was coming from now, I don't know why I took it personally..

On a brighter note do you have any pic's of the new welds after the chop maybe? And any pics of a sunroof in a chop top?

Also do I need to make an appointment to stop by and check out the products and ongoing projects?

Lastly do you stock the V8 master swap kits? I'd like to pick one up when I can swing by~

Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2003 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post

I don't lie to people and I've never screwed anyone. I won't call someone a liar until I'm 100% sure

Archie

Speaking from personal experience, I would have to disagree.

------------------
1987 Fiero Coupe 3800 Series II Intercooled Turbo (12.79et @ 106.6mph)
1987 Trans Am GTA 5.7L Superram 4L60-E (13.1et @ 109mph)
1985 Fiero SE 2.8 (soon to have an L36)

Fiero-related Conversions Performed:
1985 SE 3800 Series 1 SC 4T60-E
1987 Coupe 3800 Series II Turbocharged 4T60-E
1987 SE 3.4 TDC 5-speed
1984 Coupe SBC V8 non-OD to 4T60 OD swap, electric power steering install
1985 SE 3800 Series II Supercharged 4T60-E

http://dtcc.cz28.com

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 09-19-2003).]

edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2003 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post

Well, I'm glad you got that off your chest and I hope you feel better.

Now I'll give you my angle on this.

#1 I've taken a lot of crop from certain people in this group. I'll return it in kind, they Reap what they Sow.

#2 When it gets to the point where I have to k1ss everyone's behind just because "I'm in business" then I'll just open a Dairy Queen. If a guy acts like a jerk, I'm gonna treat him like a jerk.

#3 Some of these guys don't have any info in their profiles, they want respect, they want their word to mean something but they want to hide behind the Keyboard. I'm out in the open, everyone knows where I work & live. They have my phone numbers and I'm operating right out here in the open with nothing to hide. NO ONE on this Forum is more accessible that I am. That makes me an easy target for some punk that wants to make a name for himself.

#4 What you see is what you get. I am probably a nicer guy in person. I don't lie to people and I've never screwed anyone. I won't call someone a liar until I'm 100% sure (99.9% isn't good enough), but once you've lied to me or screwed me, you'll never be forgiven.

#5 The beauty of what I do is that I don't have to deal with jerks. If a potential customer comes off as being a jerk, I make sure I'm too busy to do a swap for him. Life is too short to deal with jerks. I know a good businessman would do business even with the jerks. I'm sure I'm not a good businessman, if I was I'd own a Dairy Queen.

This thread is about What's up at Archie's, if you don't want to know then change the channel.

So if you don't mind I'll take my thread back.

So......What's up at Archie's?

How about Jim's car.....

Archie

That is a great post.

Ed

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2003 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

Speaking from personal experience, I would have to disagree.

See Danno....... this is the kind of stuff I'm talking about.

Someone who won't sign his name or tell us any details, jumps up and tries to find a place to stick it in.

Darth, start your own fu@kin' thread you a$$hole....... I don't even know your name, how am I supposed to respond to your one liner?

Archie

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 59 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock