Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 23)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 59 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59 
Previous Page | Next Page
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 2332
Last post by: revin on 02-18-2009 09:08 AM
YellowRooster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2005 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowRoosterSend a Private Message to YellowRoosterDirect Link to This Post
I just visited Archie's shop the other day on a Saturday. He was working! Archie was actually getting dirty getting the Fino ready to go. Awesome shop he has and the plans he has are also going to be cool for this new shop.

Archie, get everything in order so you can get some pics of that place. You need to show it off!!!!!!

Mike

edited -ooohhhh two owned pages in less than a month.

[This message has been edited by YellowRooster (edited 06-23-2005).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2005 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Anything new...Archie?
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2005 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Yes, all moved in, still have to put a bunch of stuff away though.

Open house will be a part of the NIFE FieroRama weekend on Saturday before the show on Sunday.

Archie

I assume Small block powered cars still take priority parking so save me a spot.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2005 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
We finished another one up today.

When we got this one it was a basket case. A POS Heritage 328 body that was so bad I don't think I even took any "before" pics of it.

BTW, I know the wheels are too small & it should be lowered some more but this is the way the customer wanted it for now.

This was a long term project started last winter & worked on between projects & when we had time. Kris (on the left below) made this "His project" built it into what you see here virtually on his own & did a very nice job. Mark (Firefox, on the right) did the final prep & paint.

Congrats guys, very nice job.

Archie

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2005 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, I'm getting ready to do a 350 v8 swap in the relatively near future.
I'm going to build a 360-400hp 350 SBC. If I delivered my Fiero, and the engine how much would it cost me to have you guys do the entire swap.

The V8 will be carb'd, delivered with no accessories (No alt. or water pump) and also no starter.
It'd be mated to a 5 speed and I'd want the high performance clutch, high performance water pump, 4-core radiator, and I'd need the custom flywheel because I'll probably be building an '88 (or so) 350,

I'd also have you folks be doing a custom exhaust off of already installed headers.

Is that enough info?
Thanks!

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2005 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oslo:

Hey Archie, I'm getting ready to do a 350 v8 swap in the relatively near future.
I'm going to build a 360-400hp 350 SBC. If I delivered my Fiero, and the engine how much would it cost me to have you guys do the entire swap.

The V8 will be carb'd, delivered with no accessories (No alt. or water pump) and also no starter.
It'd be mated to a 5 speed and I'd want the high performance clutch, high performance water pump, 4-core radiator, and I'd need the custom flywheel because I'll probably be building an '88 (or so) 350,

I'd also have you folks be doing a custom exhaust off of already installed headers.

Is that enough info?
Thanks!

I have a place on my web site where you can calculate the cost of your V-8 swap it's at http://www.v8archie.com/arch10.htm

If you want to EMail me (including name, addy & phone number) I can do a quote based on your exact situation.

Archie

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2005 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
thanks
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2005 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Okay, spill the beans Archie, hehe. We need updates. CNN/ESPN style.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2005 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Drooling for more pics !!!!

Any question who the chop top junkies are ??? hehehe

I need a fix !

gaas88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2005 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gaas88Click Here to visit gaas88's HomePageSend a Private Message to gaas88Direct Link to This Post
Archie,
I have an 85SE with a 328 GTS body and a 3800SC. The roof wing restricts the decklid opening by 50% which makes it difficult to work on the engine. Is there some way of making the wing easily removeable or hinged so that the decklid can open up to 100% the way it was designed to? If you have created a special mounting kit, I'd like to buy it.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2005 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Okay, spill the beans Archie, hehe. We need updates. CNN/ESPN style.

I'll be sit'n back awaiting your post. We love FIERO/ESPN sports.

PFF
System Bot
gaas88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2005 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gaas88Click Here to visit gaas88's HomePageSend a Private Message to gaas88Direct Link to This Post
bump - Archie, anything on the roof wing question?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2005 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Anything new on the LS1 swaps?
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2005 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Anything at all?
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2005 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gaas88:

Archie,
I have an 85SE with a 328 GTS body and a 3800SC. The roof wing restricts the decklid opening by 50% which makes it difficult to work on the engine. Is there some way of making the wing easily removeable or hinged so that the decklid can open up to 100% the way it was designed to? If you have created a special mounting kit, I'd like to buy it.

If it's built like the 328 above, I can't think of a way to make it any easier to remove and still have it look stock. There is a lot of wind turbulance up there and there would have to be a very solid latch system to keep it in place, but anything that substantial would be visible and probably not look too good on the car. I did help assemble this car, and I can't think of anything off the top of my head to make removal of the wing any easier. I do know that Archie doesn't sell this type of kit so I don't believe that he will have any kind of mounting kit for this application. You might try the maker of the kit and see if they have developed anything over the years.

Mark

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2005 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie,

What is the latest on Chop Top #17 ??

These are the last pics we saw.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-29-2005).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2005 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
A little Quiz for everyone...........

Who's car were we working on today?

More "hints" coming later.

Archie

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2005 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Tina's "Beast"? Something recognizable about that red undercarriage - and the care taken to protect the piant!

Thanks Kev for the hints!

...the real question is why is it there? Rumors... all I've heard are rumors

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 07-29-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2005 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Yeah but what about the chop top ???

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2005 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Yeah but what about the chop top ???

It's coming along just fine. This picture is from Wednesday. Since then all the windows are in the car and they put in the new windshield today too.

There will be several pictures of this next week as we finish putting the interior back together & get it buttoned up.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2005 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Tina's "Beast"? Something recognizable about that red undercarriage - and the care taken to protect the piant!

Thanks Kev for the hints!

...the real question is why is it there? Rumors... all I've heard are rumors

Korrrrrr ectum !!

I haven't been told as to why it's here but we got it all back together today.

The 2 things it did do while at my place is to

#1 Convince the guys as to why I won't be doing Lambo doors on one of my cars.

#2 Convince me that I need to build myself another car with a MAJOR engine in it.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2005 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
This is great stuff, Archie! You should create a Fiero build magazine. I'll do the layout for you..
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2005 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
...obviously something must've been done to the car...?
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2005 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Why won't you do the Lambo doors??
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2005 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Why won't you do the Lambo doors??

Well they work good & look good but for everyday use they could be a Pain in the butt to live with. When you're sitting in the car, opening & closing the door is quite awkward for an old guy like me. Opening the door out, then trying to push up on it is just hard on the arms.

I have 2 very young guys working for me. Rob & Kris are both in their young 20's & they've been around a LOT of nice Fieros in the last several years. They are also pretty hip on what the younger generation is up to with their cars. Ever since they saw pics of Curley's car & saw Tina's car at The Dell's, Rob & Kris have been after me to do a set of those doors on one of my cars. As of today, they've moved that request to a back burner.

I don't mean to discourage anyone from doing these doors, they can make that perfect last modification that makes your Fiero something special. Both Curley's & Tina's cars step up into a whole new class of coolness with the addition of the doors. But, as I say, for my own daily driver, I think they would be too much trouble.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 07-30-2005).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2005 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post

Korrrrrr ectum !!

I haven't been told as to why it's here but we got it all back together today.

HI all,

Maybe a new tranny????

Anyone know what size wheels are on this car????

Archie

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2005 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
so why was tina's car at the shop?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2005 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Well they work good & look good but for everyday use they could be a Pain in the butt to live with. When you're sitting in the car, opening & closing the door is quite awkward for an old guy like me. Opening the door out, then trying to push up on it is just hard on the arms.
Archie

Now come on Archie. You're not concidered a "old guy" until you leave the hot-rodding business and move-into a retirement home. Orville' is what...60+? He droped down one day and did 5-push-ups right in front of me. I know a few blump-kids who can't do that, hehehe.

Any pics of Tina performing the "pose"? Now that would be.....priceless.

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2005 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Now come on Archie. You're not concidered a "old guy" until you leave the hot-rodding business and move-into a retirement home. Orville' is what...60+? He droped down one day and did 5-push-ups right in front of me. I know a few blump-kids who can't do that, hehehe.

Now what "pose" is that? The push-ups or the door ups.

Anyways ... having a set of "Lambo's" isn't half bad for the arms.

See

Tina

[This message has been edited by Tina (edited 08-01-2005).]

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2005 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Tina,

Actually I think he meant this pose

------------------

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I love a woman in a fire suit.
PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
I'm still a bit curious as to why Tina's car was there. I know there were some rumors about a different transmission, but I guess that depends on wether that photo of the crade is a "before" or "after".

...we (Kev, RM24, & Myself) were pondering what else Tina would have Archie do - that she wouldn't have done locally <shrug>

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:
Anyone know what size wheels are on this car????

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20041015-1-043537.html

225/45/17 in the front... 265/40/18's in the rear.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Here you go.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

I'm still a bit curious as to why Tina's car was there. I know there were some rumors about a different transmission, but I guess that depends on wether that photo of the crade is a "before" or "after".

...we (Kev, RM24, & Myself) were pondering what else Tina would have Archie do - that she wouldn't have done locally <shrug>

You'll have to talk to Tina about that, but it wasn't the transmission.

Archie

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I love a woman in a fire suit.

Hehe, ... how about one with a grin from ear to ear wearing a fire suit.

As to why my car visited Archie ...just some routine replacement of some wear and tear parts.
Luckily, Archie was nice enough to squeeze the curse into his already way too busy schedule,
allowing me to have enough room in mine to have the time to practice for my E.T license.

Tina

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2005 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post

[QUOTE]
225/45/17 in the front... 265/40/18's in the rear.

[/QUOTE]

Hi all,

Thanx!

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2005 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
"Routine Maintinence?"

For some reason, I just wanna put up the BS flag here. For one reason and one reason only. Greg knows everything about that car, and that engine, so what is there that he can't do???

So for some reason, I think that is bogus. But hey, maybe I'm wrong. I hope not though.

For those that don't know, I know Tina and Greg pretty well, and am just playing around.

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2005 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
I sent this to Archie but I don't know if he got it because I didn't get a response. Seems to fit this thread so I'll throw it up here...

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2005 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

I sent this to Archie but I don't know if he got it because I didn't get a response. Seems to fit this thread so I'll throw it up here...

What kind of response did you want from me?

Was I supposed to tell you it was a great picture & that I'm glad you sent it to me?

If I did that, would you be sending me copies of every picture you come up with?

Then if I don't respond to those pics, would you then be plastering them all over my threads?

I get about 100 Emails a day that I should respond to & I'm gonna respond to someone sending me some picture.

Ok, so how's that response? Is it what you were looking for?

Archie

Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2005 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post
Zing!!

Haha, nice one Archie. I rarely have time to respond to people I get so much email :/

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 59 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock