Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 45)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 59 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59 
Previous Page | Next Page
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 2332
Last post by: revin on 02-18-2009 09:08 AM
Falcon Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2006 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Anyone get a link to the PPE listing on Autotrader?? I can't find it.
IP: Logged
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2006 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Anyone get a link to the PPE listing on Autotrader?? I can't find it.

Go to www.autotrader.com
Use 97140 as the zip code
Select used cars
Select 1986 Pontiac Fiero.

It will be the first ad.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 10-26-2006).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2006 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Thanks found it just a sec ago. I agree...crappy pics. I also don't like the new rims! That sure is a nice car though. It has such a great history, I hope it goes to a good home. I am pretty sure it didn't sell for $19k a while back though

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 10-26-2006).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Remember this one?

Originally posted by Archie:

Rodney Booth's "Sidewinder"

We built this car last year for Rodney Booth. Well He's put the finishing touches on it and asked me if I wanted to post the 1st pictures of it.................. How fast can I say YES!!!!!!!

He says he has more pics, let's encourage him to post more of them.

Boy, I need another Coupe Chop Top.

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Whoa !

That is nice !

Then again you wouldn't expect anything but the best from Rodney

Archie, did you guys do the interior ?? Wow.

Uhhh Rodney more pics pleasssssssssssssssse !!!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Archie, did you guys do the interior ?? Wow.

No we didn't, Rodney is the one who made it look so nice.

Archie
GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKDirect Link to This Post
I really dig that interior color scheme, and that red is beautiful, but it looks like he needs to lower it some.

I have a question about the doors. The only way to open them from the inside is with a button, right? Is the button disabled somehow when the car is moving? I imagine it would be disasterous if the door popped opened at speed. The wind would catch it and throw it open... Not good.

They look cool, though, that's for sure!
DandRauto

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DandRautoSend a Private Message to DandRautoDirect Link to This Post
This is a sweet car. I always liked the notch back the best. But chopped this looks great.

Archie you guys do great work.

Now a question on the interior, Looks like from Pisa? I’m interested in the dash piece. Anybody know?
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GonsaiPK:

I imagine it would be disasterous if the door popped opened at speed. The wind would catch it and throw it open... Not good.

They don't call them suicide doors for nothing!!

That is beautiful, I hope to see it in person some day.

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the dash looks to be a Euro Dash from Pisa.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I like those seat belts.
PFF
System Bot
rodneybooth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't find the picture posting instructions! I sent Archie six more shots so maybe he will be kind enough to post them for me....

The dash is Pisa's Eurodash. I bought the fiberglass blanks because I didn't like the quality of the vinyl material they were using and had them covered at a local custom rod shop. The Pisa kit has some drawbacks and is not totally engineered right. But it looks good and makes me feel like I'm sitting in a Ferrari. The entire interior is covered in leather and really feels plush.

I wanted to lower the car some more, however the RCC shocks have a 3" throw on them and right now I am riding on 1" of usable shock. It is no fun hitting a bump and having the shock bottom out! I guess this will be an on going research project to find a shock with 4 to 5" of throw.

The suicide doors are really cool. Archie's system disables the door electronics while the engine is running and as long as the springs that hold the latch piston are strong, the door can't open. You get a lot of second looks with the suicide doors opening with door poppers.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Rodney are you coming to Daytona 2007 ??
rodneybooth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2006 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothDirect Link to This Post
????? When are the dates?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2006 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rodneybooth:

THe exact date has not been announced yet, but it is annually in March.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2006 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

It's usually D7 is held on the 3rd week of March. How far is your location from Daytona?
rodneybooth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2006 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful western North Carolina. (Did you notice the leaves in the pics?) D7 sounds like it coincides with Spring Break. It is a much shorter run than you have, MC. Are you going?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2006 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

MC. Are you going?

The Super Chopper Friends and I have been secretly comtemplating D7. I'd be ready to roll if we have a good showing. The only other super friend near you is Jim88GT. Thus so far, The Super Friends are being held hostage by kriptonite (causes lead-in-the-pants) by various obsticles like (turtle shops---paint shop, engine swap shop), and lite wallet issues, hehe.

I'm still waiting on #014, #019 & ShawnFL choptop owners which would make (4)... leaving Jim88GT, #004, Dirty Rat, Dr. CPU, and Archie--- a total of (8) choptops.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-05-2006).]

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Very Very Nice! The leather really adds a nice touch.

As MC said - I'm planning on making the trip to D7. If we get a nice "hole" of clear weather the week before - then I'll drive mine down, otherwise I'll be towing it somewhere south until I can find a PFF member where I can leave the truck and trailer combo for a week - and will drive the rest of the way in the TAZ to D7.

On the shocks - I'm talking with RCC (Russell) and they are talking with Archie. There are different coils you can use. Makes for a stiffer ride - but less bottom outs. RCC used to use shocks (from carrera) that had adjustments on them (dampening etc) but now the company wasa bought by another and now the shocks are one size fits all - without the adjustment option. Only other option is a stronger spring. Sounds like Russell and Archie know each other very well. RCC had other options - but first I need to figure out what Archie ordered for springs...

I've only included the very basics from my chat with Russell - I'll let you know how things shake out in the next week as Russell and Archie get talking.... I get more info etc...

------------------

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2006 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Rodney, BEAUTIFUL job on the euro interior ! When I did mine, i used only the top of the console and left the big lower piece out.
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2006 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, Hows chop #24 doing , any pics?
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2006 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

Installing the 1/4 windows later today & it's done.

I'll take some pics as soon as we can rinse it off.

We did the Black trim inside & put black headliner material on the fiberglass headliner.

Archie
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2006 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

The Super Chopper Friends and I have been secretly comtemplating D7. I'd be ready to roll if we have a good showing. The only other super friend near you is Jim88GT. Thus so far, The Super Friends are being held hostage by kriptonite (causes lead-in-the-pants) by various obsticles like (turtle shops---paint shop, engine swap shop), and lite wallet issues, hehe.

I'm still waiting on #014, #019 & ShawnFL choptop owners which would make (4)... leaving Jim88GT, #004, Dirty Rat, Dr. CPU, and Archie--- a total of (8) choptops.

I won't be able to make D7 - building a new house has the chopper back burnered for a while. Enjoyed D5 and I was the lone chopper at D6

Jim
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

and I was the lone chopper at D6

Jim

We did have at least three of the Super Chopper Friends at D6, just that two of us didn't have our cars with us!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

How's this look?

Archie
GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
All in one piece,and chopped. The only thing missing is the Curlly pose!!! Man is it cold here
Have a Great Day
Gary
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
WOW !! Thats Awsome !!
I will do the Curly pose when I pick it up, promise. I will call you tomorrow about a possible Saturday pick up Archie, and thanks again.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

WOW !! Thats Awsome !!
I will do the Curly pose when I pick it up, promise. I will call you tomorrow about a possible Saturday pick up Archie, and thanks again.

Looks darn Good! Hopefully you'll be at next years CTHC but in a chopper!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
He picked it up this morning.......... I think they really are cold in this picture.....

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2006 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Any future "mod" plans for #024?
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2006 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
I would like to lower the suspension some . Get the body work done and paint it and then SUPERCHARGE it ! Once I blow the motor up I will consider having a v-8 done
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Pics dang nab bit! We ain't getting any younger you know, hehe.
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Pics dang nab bit! We ain't getting any younger you know, hehe.

Well here I am picking up my new ride

Here my wife is taking a picture of the car on our way home.

Here I wanted to see how big of a person I could get into the car...This Is Taylor on the right and his brother Jordan on the left . They are 6' 4 and 6' 3. Taylor got into the car with no problem. His butt was just a little bit forward so his head would not be cocked to one side. He likes small cars and drives a new Miata.

I will post more pics when I get paint on it .
GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
Plz, get some paint on it
Gary
Stay warm!!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Way too cool. Thanks for posting pics!

What color are you painting the chopper?
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
I am thinking silver . What kind of silver is your chop Curly?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

I am thinking silver . What kind of silver is your chop Curly?

BMW 2002 silver.

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Here I wanted to see how big of a person I could get into the car...This Is Taylor on the right and his brother Jordan on the left . They are 6' 4 and 6' 3. Taylor got into the car with no problem. His butt was just a little bit forward so his head would not be cocked to one side. He likes small cars and drives a new Miata.

He he! If you like to drive with the knees on your ears you may fit even Shaquile
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Another Happy Ending!

Excellent looking chop you have there Corners!! I'm ready glad it all worked out for ya!

I did a few hours on my new scoop today. Will post the pics from my office tomorrow!!!

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2006 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Hey, Archie. Any V8's [swaps] cookin' at the shop?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-18-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 59 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock