Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Would You Like To Build A Fino With Us? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Would You Like To Build A Fino With Us? by Archie
Started on: 02-21-2002 06:53 PM
Replies: 124
Last post by: chester on 06-14-2002 09:04 AM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
The build-up of the LT1 Stinger will continue to be an ongoing thread. However, we have moved on to our next major project and have started on a Fino buildup on a V-8 Fiero chassis that already has the V-8 engine in it.

With the success of our build-up of the LT1 Stinger, I thought you all would like to follow along with us in the building of a Fino.

In my original plans for going to the Daytona Show, I was going to take the LT1 Stinger and My Red V-8 powered Finale. However, I have this thing where I don't like taking the same car to the same show 2 years in a row. The Red Finale was at the Daytona show last year. So we decided that we should take my "T" top V-8 5 speed car and put a Fino body on it & try to get it done in time to go to the Daytona show. That means we would have 5 weeks to get it ready to go. I know it only takes a week to mount the body and the car already has a V-8 in it & the interior is in pretty good shape, so this should be a lot easier than it was to build the LT1 Stinger in 8 weeks.

Anyway, is anyone here interested in following this project here on PFF?

Archie

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Master_Sushi

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master_SushiSend a Private Message to Master_SushiDirect Link to This Post
Yes!
86 gt fastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 gt fastbackSend a Private Message to 86 gt fastbackDirect Link to This Post
well, sure would like to see and follow, even if i'm not a big fan of your fino.

keep up the good work

skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
Of course! Lots of pics again please

------------------

• Red 88 GT T-TOP
  • Red 86 GT
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
Archie, honestly... what kind of question is that???

(that was a yes btw... I love reading about car buildups!)

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
No! Absolutely not!

Oh, wait. What was the question? Uh-huh? Uh-huh? Fino!??

OH, HELL YEAH!

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
I'm salivating already!
First question: what kind of taillights are you going to use?

85 gt fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 gt fieroSend a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post
of course, can i have it when youre done

Randy

------------------

Rally car, full roll cage, skid plates, light bars, scs suspension, koni adjusters

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
DAMN STRAIT WE WOULD!!! I LOVE the Fino. gonna work some tricy things in it? scissor doors maybe, supercharger, custom interior, chop top ( man would that look sweet on a Fino), Nitrous Oxide? What color is it gonna be? Will it have enough power to kick some ass?

------------------
Adam J. B.
The search for a GT will never end!
IM AOL: GTFiero & Rumpdetective (dont ask)

HummelHund

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HummelHundSend a Private Message to HummelHundDirect Link to This Post
Man, and here I thought we were actually going to get to build a Fino...
Seriously....YES!!!!! I think the number of posts to the LT1 Stinger topic is evidence enough that we'd love to see a Fino come together.

------------------
Sean W.

'84 SE, The "Buzz Bomb". (restoration project/daily driver)
'84 SE (Dad's Project)

Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoDirect Link to This Post
Yes! Maybe it will help me to finish mine. But I still only have the V6 in mine.

Looking forward to seeing many photos.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyderSend a Private Message to SpyderDirect Link to This Post
Let's get it started!!

5 weeks!!!, you make me mad!
Since your doing it, how about making it into a Chop Top Fino...
I know, maybe if you had six weeks.

See You And The New Fino In Daytona!

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
AS IF YOU HAD TO ASK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
I'll be here.

Can we start coming up with color combo's for this one?

------------------
hoop
Red 86 GT 5 speed
Black 86 SE Automatic

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
I'll bring the popping corn
khs racer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for khs racerSend a Private Message to khs racerDirect Link to This Post
Lets roll with it!!!!!
1SlowFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1SlowFieroSend a Private Message to 1SlowFieroDirect Link to This Post
OUTSTANDING !! Can't Wait.

Personally I like the Finale body better, but I'm sure the process is similar.

You go Archie !!

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spyder:
Let's get it started!!

That says it all...... let's get it on!

The victim, you most resently saw this car for sale in the Mall. It is the car I took to the Dell's last year after the little mishap with my Finale & Fino (let's not get into that here).

Right after lunch today at 12:05 it looked like this:

At 2:46 pm we had the body off of it and it looked like this:

And at 5:24 pm we had already test fitted the rear clip.

Now I have told people that we can mount one of these bodies, hinged, latched and lighted in 4 normal days. Well with telephone calls, visiters, customers & their cars, I'm going to keep track of the number of hours we spend on this project. As I look at it now, 5 weeks would be plenty of time to get it ready for Daytona. However late next week we have a customer V-8 & chop top car to start on & another V-8 & Chop top car coming in 2 weeks after that along with a commitment to finish up an F-40 for a customer that we've been working on. So you can bet 5 weeks will go by very fast indeed. However, we have enough time before the next V-8 swap to follow through on mounting this body up to where it is ready to prep & paint. We are also doing a Video Instruction tape on the Fino/Finale body installation on this car and Mr. Blake from Kit Car has asked for still photos for a magazine article. So just about everything that can delay this project will be in play as we work on this thing. I've already shot some 30 minutes of the Video Instruction tape and as you would guess, my guys can't work on the car while the video is being shot.

Today, in 5 hours 24 minutes we completely reduced a nice drivable V-8 "T" top Fiero into a bare chassis. WE trial fitted the Fino rear clip and we shot 30 minutes of video and I took 23 still pictures of it all.

A good day.

Archie

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Just keep the pictures coming.

------------------

Kasdan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-21-2002 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KasdanSend a Private Message to KasdanDirect Link to This Post
yep, id be intrested in seeing this as well.

------------------
UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Rebuilt 2.8, Zr-1 Cowl
Induction Hood, 1/4 Window scoops,
removed spoiler, awaiting blue paint...

87GTZ34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTZ34Send a Private Message to 87GTZ34Direct Link to This Post
Archie,

Great threads... No not your clothes, I mean sharing your projects here on PFF. When you do those two other V8 chops, make a video of the chopping process. I realize you'll have to sell the video for more (than the V8 howto) as there is no material to peddle, but I'm should it would sell (at least one copy anyway).

[This message has been edited by 87GTZ34 (edited 02-21-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
FieroMGDriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMGDriverSend a Private Message to FieroMGDriverDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to know who else can tear down a fiero to nothing in less than 3 hrs?

------------------

AIM: FieroMGDriver
My Fiero Page

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GTZ34:
...(at least one copy anyway)...

That's exactly why he won't offer one.

Although, I'm working for a bodyshop now, and will be learning to "prep" on my own car, and would like nothing more than to chop it in the meantime. I don't have $2,500, but if I had instructions...

Archie, what model "was" that car? I love aero notchies. How much for the facias, hood and decklid?

------------------

TRiAD Motorsports ~ Performance Tuning of European, Japanese and Domestic Automobiles
Project MR1 / Let the modding begin! ~ triadtuning@hotmail.com * AIM ~ Michael Blue 72

Only the dead have seen the end of war. ~ Plato

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
BTW, I also have a GT style nose, rear bumper & aero side parts off of this car for sale.

Archie

Actually I have all the parts from this car for sale Except the rear clip (it was damaged in removal because of the "T" top). Deck lid with wing, hood, door panels, front fenders & 1/4 panels.

Drop me an email if you're interested in anything.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-21-2002).]

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
Wow...Archie, how's that for timing?

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

TRiAD

4464 posts
Member since May 2001
Actually, if you change the interior out as well, SE interiors rule.

tejas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tejasSend a Private Message to tejasDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
We are also doing a Video Instruction tape on the Fino/Finale body installation on this car

I just finished watching the video for the V8 swap (Filmed in 91 I recall). I can't wait to see the 2002 Archie in the Fino video!!!!

I am looking forward to seeing the progress on this project. Hopefully come December I'll have enough pennies saved for my very own!!!

Also wanted to thank you for taking the time to share this project with us.

Karl

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
thats some quick removal, fastest ive been able to remove a fiero body is about 6 hours, thats from front to back including all marker lights and webbing behind bumpers. but ive only stripped 3 fiero's 1 86 SE 1 85 SE and 1 84 SE highly regret the 86 SE it had no title, but it ran very good, but needed a new trans, interior was good with all power options, i feel bad everytime i strip one of these beautiful cars but i would for a finale body

matthew

AgaricX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AgaricXClick Here to visit AgaricX's HomePageSend a Private Message to AgaricXDirect Link to This Post
I bow to you're painstaking documentation on all the projects you've done.

Man... you're QUICK.

------------------

'85 SE 3800SC 5 Spd
I WANT A FASTBACK!!!

dourain86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dourain86gtSend a Private Message to dourain86gtDirect Link to This Post
Great I dea Archie!! I will be bookmarking this one!! For my hopefully future Fianle attempt!!!!
Your the best archie!
soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post
Archie! WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US! : )

Now the only thing I will be able to think about at work and school is comming home and checking this thread!

Love the work! I hate to say this but keep it all commin!

PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
WooooHoooooo! Another ARCHIE CAR!!!!!
Post Number 31!!! I am now responsible for lighting this Thread on FIRE!!! Can you tell I am a firebug?
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Archie, What color are you going to paint it? I know when you were going to re-paint the other you decided on silver. I'd like to suggest again the "British Racing Green" again.

I really like these "virtual building" threads. It shows how much work actually goes into what you do.

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:
Archie, What color are you going to paint it? I know when you were going to re-paint the other you decided on silver. I'd like to suggest again the "British Racing Green" again.

I really like these "virtual building" threads. It shows how much work actually goes into what you do.

I'm not sure as to what color to use. We have to remember that this car has a real nice stock Gray interior and I'm planning to leave it stock. We've been leaning towards painting it that dark Gray/Silver that is on the lower aero parts on the Indy Pace Car. I'm open to suggestions but the color has to go with the stock Fiero Gray interior. IMHO, BRG really needs a tan interior to look right.

Archie

Slammed Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
User Banned

Report this Post02-22-2002 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slammed FieroSend a Private Message to Slammed FieroDirect Link to This Post
Chrysler Plantinum or Charcoal as on the Viper.

What kind of wheels are you using on this? Dark color with darck (anthracite) wheels would be nice

I see that ASA makes a near perfect copy of the old TSW blades now in chrome

JM

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
I think a really bright silver would look good. One car I've noticed lately that is a great silver is the new Mustangs. I know ...but it's cool paint. Chrysler/Dodge also has a good silver, like that seen on the PT Cruiser. I think the new Mustang Silver is the best silver out there now; it would look good with that gray interior.

Here's some silver examples:
http://209.132.49.149/images-large/1999_mustang_fr500-1.jpg
http://209.132.49.149/images-large/2001_ford_mustang_gt-2.jpg

Pictures don't do it much justice, as it is fairly metallic and looks really deep. Oh, and if you can get past looking at the mustang twice...it looks good day or night.

Just an idea...

Bryce
88 GT

l_bilyk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for l_bilykClick Here to visit l_bilyk's HomePageSend a Private Message to l_bilykDirect Link to This Post
how about black? if you polish it to a mirror finish, it will make for one hot car
sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in the nose!

------------------
-Adam
sqoach@yahoo.com

86 SE V6 - daily driver

Fiero_24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_24Send a Private Message to Fiero_24Direct Link to This Post
Darn I want a Finale so bad!!!!!! Archie, you are doing this to temp us, aren't you.

------------------

New High performace
2.8 and lots of new parts.
http://www.geocities.com/fiero_24
1987 GT

fierodave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodaveClick Here to visit fierodave's HomePageDirect Link to This Post
Archie ~ Paint color~

Check your paint book chips and look at the 1989 Geo metro blue!(don't laugh it's a real great color for curved line cars) It has lots of fine gold and silver metallics. The curves of this car would pick up the light in the sun and they would reflect color slightly on the curved areas.
FD

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock