Daytona Weekend Car Show by Tom Corey
Started on: 01-11-2005 10:05 PM
Replies: 258
Last post by: Alex4mula on 03-28-2005 10:25 AM
Dragon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2005 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:

Come on Daytona - getting another 6" on snow today in RI. Hopefully I'll be able to find my car somewhere in the driveway

Phil

I'd find it ASAP - today was glorious - we were back to swimsuit style weather almost

IP: Logged
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:

Phil

I'd find it ASAP - today was glorious - we were back to swimsuit style weather almost

This Houston weather should be in Florida in a few days...Today was sunny blue skys and 80 degrees

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:

I was hoping that Dave would bring his Coupe for a change

Ha, maybe next year. Still needs work, might look good in photo's, but not close up. I have plans to repaint it and do some front end work, ball joints, etc... I've been driving & enjoying it everyday since I bought it.

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
That's a "COOL" looking blue coupe Dave. Nice to have one you can drive isn't it. Bring it to RFTH's this year. Will be the most fun driving you've ever had !!!
Ronnie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post

Ronnie

2353 posts
Member since Oct 2000
Got a question for anyone that can answer along the lines of trailers. If I drive my motorhome and pull the car on a tow dolly , can I leave the M.H. parked at the track where the trailers park??? In a safe secure area?
Reason for this is, Carolyn just had surgery , and we were contemplating driving the M.H. down for her comfort. We would still be staying at the Hotel.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
CoolBlue would be better equipped to answer the motor home question, but if you are using it as a tow vehicle for the Fiero, it seems reasonable that you can leave it parked at the track with the trailers.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ronnie:

Got a question for anyone that can answer along the lines of trailers. If I drive my motorhome and pull the car on a tow dolly , can I leave the M.H. parked at the track where the trailers park??? In a safe secure area?

I don't see why not, most of the guys leave the trucks hooked up to the trailers. A motorhome would take up the same space. There is plenty of space. I've see a few tractor-trailer trucks parked overnite.

The area has been secure. They have guards watching over the grounds overnite. I'd double check with Frank (Dragon), see if he can contact someone to verify it for you. Good luck

bonzo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Ha, maybe next year. Still needs work, might look good in photo's, but not close up. I have plans to repaint it and do some front end work, ball joints, etc... I've been driving & enjoying it everyday since I bought it.

Yea mine is a 20' car but I'm still taking it.

------------------

bonzo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoDirect Link to This Post

bonzo

1350 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Tom,

I have some fiero parts I'de like to sell at Daytona. I am entered in in the daily drivers class. Can I have my parts nearby to sell?

Bonzo

Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonzo:

Tom,

I have some fiero parts I'de like to sell at Daytona. I am entered in in the daily drivers class. Can I have my parts nearby to sell?

Bonzo

Sorry, I'll have to pass the official answer to that on to Frank. Hopefully, he will chime in here. My best guess is you can do it at the hotel in the parking garage area, but if you're not a registered vendor, you cannot do it at the track. For Ronnie, You should be able to park whatever support vehicle you have in the back - RV or whatever. If you drive into the track pulling your Fiero on a dolly, they will allow the whole rig to enter. I have done it before with a truck and dolly.

Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Tom Corey

838 posts
Member since Feb 2002
OK, guys and gals - lets see the pix. Are you show ready for Daytona - I am!
PFF
System Bot
paulcal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
4 days, 14 hours, 55 minutes and I'm registered but no where near ready. I'll be there anyway.
NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm riding out there with paul. I will be ready by tomorrow
NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post

NorthFloridaFiero

918 posts
Member since Aug 2004
Watch the weather!
I'm praying for awesome weather.
I'm checking it everyday
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Oh well. I just checked it out and it looks really bad (see link below). We may have the first rain out since I started going in 1999

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html?locid=USFL0106

FieroLinks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post

This one looks more promising. This is Florida after all. That means it can be raining on one side of the street and not the other.

http://weather.mgnetwork.com/cgi-bin/weatherIMD3/weather.cgi?user=TBO&alt=MGIMD_local_forecast&&maxdays=7&daysonly=2&place=daytona+beach&state=fl

-FieroLinks

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Yeah. That's weird. I checked another one that shows Saturday completely sunny....
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alex4mula:
Oh well. I just checked it out and it looks really bad (see link below). We may have the first rain out since I started going in 1999
[QUOTE]

Blasphemy! Wash your mouth out with soap!

[This message has been edited by SC Coupe (edited 03-14-2005).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroLinks:

This one looks more promising. This is Florida after all. That means it can be raining on one side of the street and not the other.

-FieroLinks

So true... rain in Florida means that there is a shower over a small area then the sun comes out. Rarely do you get an all day, all over soaking rain, unless there is a tropical storm in the area.

Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Hey, give me a break here. I actually am a meteorologist (see, I can even spell it) and the forecast is partly cloudy, hi ~78 winds 5-10mph. It's going to be a great day and a beautiful weekend! - trust me

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
the only way to be sure of the weather on Sat. is to wait until Sun.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Getting that kid in a candy store feeling again !

It's getting clooooooooser !!!

Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Leaving for Daytona Tues at 1:00 PM finally going to get out of this blasted snow
NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
what time are you going to be arriving ?
If you run through jacksonville friday you might be able to cruise with some people
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick word of caution to you folks that may sunburn easily or even not so easily. The first thing you need when you get to Daytona is some Bull Frog sunblock. It is the best protection you can get other than staying indoors. It is waterproof and sweatproof, not greasy or smelly. You really need to spray all exposed skin with it, even the backs of your hands and particularly the tops of your feet if you wear deck shoes or sandals - won't burn your eyes or bother your contacts either. You will truly be glad you used this stuff. Come on down, be safe, and enjoy our Florida sun.
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
Here is a picture of the place we are getting together for lunch Friday afternoon

A real florida style location

------------------
Frank

1986 GT - & - 1987 5 Speed Lowered
Signiture By Reality

1988 GT - T-Top
87 Coupe - Tilt Front End in Progress
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

carolinajoe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carolinajoeClick Here to visit carolinajoe's HomePageSend a Private Message to carolinajoeDirect Link to This Post
Good Advice on the SunScreen, I laugh when I see the ones that are here on
Spring Break and want to tan fast, all they do is get RED.
I've been here 20 years and still Burn.
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
And if you can not find Bull Frog we do have free sunscreen from one of our sponsors.

It's available at registration Friday or in my "Emerald Dragon"

Frank

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 03-15-2005).]

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:

Leaving for Daytona Tues at 1:00 PM finally going to get out of this blasted snow

Your car not that fast?

Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

Your car not that fast?

Nope only half fast
achawkins

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
Well, I spent two days detailing my car and now it sits in the garage waiting. It's a good thing my trunk isn't being judged because it's packet to the top with "fiero emergency tools", i.e. half my toolbox and cleaning products. I'm leaving Thursday morning. Can't wait.

------------------
____________________Marty
The Pearl White GT Build Up

PFF
System Bot
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonzo:

Tom,

Bonzo

Tom gave you good information - bring your stuff on down

Frnak

Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
For those of you who want to keep tabs on the weather, I recommend this link

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/FLZ141.php?warncounty=FLC127&city=Daytona+Beach

Hi now expected to be in the lower 70's - makes accidental sunburn much easier.

paulcal

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
2 days, 20 hours, 41 minutes til I break out the suntan lotion!
Kento

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paulcal:

2 days, 20 hours, 41 minutes til I break out the suntan lotion!

Im just going to wear a shirt that says WATER LEAK. that way I will have to answer the same question 1000times over the weekend.

------------------
4.9 Caddy IN CAR!!!!! Coolant on Driveway! ACK!

http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.org

Proud Member and founder of the DOWN SOUTH SUNNY WINTER PICK ON SNOW PEOPLE COALITION!

NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Just curious
I want to know if someone with a L-67 swap will give me a quick ride in their car, I was seriously considering doing this swap this summer and would like to see one up close and what it feels like
FieroLinks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NorthFloridaFiero:

Just curious
I want to know if someone with a L-67 swap will give me a quick ride in their car, I was seriously considering doing this swap this summer and would like to see one up close and what it feels like

Me Too.

Is Ed Parks bringing his 4.9 Demo car? Id' like a chance to compare the two.

-FieroLinks

FieroLinks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post

FieroLinks

397 posts
Member since May 2002

Don't forget to bring your Yellow Cards.

Just a reminder for all of you getting ready to leave for the show.

alafieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for alafierosSend a Private Message to alafierosDirect Link to This Post
I talked to Rosy yesterday, and I'm pretty sure he is bringing the 4.9.
They have to get some new rear tires for it before they come down.
She says that the rear tires don't last long with all of the test drives. Imagine that.

They should be at the hotel sometime Friday.

David
Alabama Fieros

Originally posted by FieroLinks:

Me Too.

Is Ed Parks bringing his 4.9 Demo car? Id' like a chance to compare the two.

-FieroLinks

SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
Man, it is cold and wet up here! I can't wait to get to Daytona!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock