Started on: 01-11-2005 10:05 PM
Replies: 258
Last post by: Alex4mula on 03-28-2005 10:25 AM
achawkins

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
Good info, I had no Idea I had to go to the host hotel first. Since I'm staying with Family I'd have been completely lost.

PS. This may be a dumb question, but you mentioned that it is 'two' shows, I only have to pay the one fee to the florida fiero council right?

[This message has been edited by achawkins (edited 02-17-2005).]

IP: Logged
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by achawkins:

... you mentioned that it is 'two' shows, I only have to pay the one fee to the florida fiero council right?

It's a show within a show. It's the annual spring show and swap meet at the Daytona speedway. There will be thousands of classic cars of all make and models inside the speedway. Within the show, the Florida Fiero Counsel has a specific area for all the Fieros where we'll be judging, enjoying, and showing off all out hard work. The pass you get when you register will get you into the speedway for all three days, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with Saturday being the main event.

I hope this helps,

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023174.html

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 20th Anniversary Show @ Pontiac, Mich - 7/2003
Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 8th Annual Fiero Fun Weekend @ Daytona - 3/2004

achawkins

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
Thanks.

I went to the show last year (love the swap meet), I just wanted to be sure about the fees.

I just noticed I have to send it out by the 20th or it costs $10.00 more. Gotta get my check in the mail Friday.

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Oche! Well that counts Archie and me out, hehehehe. I would be in a modified class, but the driven class but who loves to be around those who like Fieros, hehehe.

I guess I may qualify for the longest drive class? Oh wait, there is the Canada class who may drive a greater distant than me. Game over.

Just go for it Curl, I've put my daily driver Formula in modified a few times and done very well - Did spend hours cleaning and detailing though both before driving it 1500 miles to Daytona and after arriving.

------------------

SC3800

bonzo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoDirect Link to This Post
I never have liked the way the Fiero wipers sit so high. Will points be duducted for removing wipers for the show?

------------------

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Since all Fieros have wipers that sit "high", removing them for the show, probably makes no difference except for your personal preference. If you are competing in the stock class, it would be a no no, but in custom or modified why not.

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 02-19-2005).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Since all Fieros have wipers that sit "high", removing them for the show, probably makes no difference except for your personal preference. If you are competing in the stock class, it would be a no no, but in custom or modified why not.

I like the way the Fiero looks without the wipers - it's amazing how much sharper the lines look. And in the custom or modified classes, it can only eliminate things to get gigged for (e.g., dirty wiper arms) - particularly if the nubbies are covered up right. You won't lose points for not having wipers in custom or modified.

------------------

Tom Corey
Melbourne, FL
87 Green T-Top GT 5Spd SBC ZZ3 V8

[This message has been edited by Tom Corey (edited 02-21-2005).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonzo:

I never have liked the way the Fiero wipers sit so high.

Or you could just reposition them so that they sit lower

Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2005 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
OK, I need to pass along some show info here. From the pre-registration forms we have received so far, several people have indicated that they want to enter the "Display" class. I want to once again clarify the purpose of the "Display" class. The "Display" class is reserved for previous Daytona Best of Show, People's Choice, or First in Class winners that want to display their cars, but not have them judged for trophies. If you want to have your car on display with the rest of the Fieros and are not interested in showing for a trophy, and are not one of these previous Daytona winners you will be required to park your Fiero in the appropriate class display area and we will mark "Do Not Judge" on the window form so the judges will not waste time judging it. If, like myself, you are a previous winner, but are not bringing a car that won at Daytona, you will not be allowed to park a different car in the "Display" class area - it will be parked in it's appropriate class parking area with a "Do Not Judge" notice on it. The purpose of the "Display" class is not to set up an area to park a car you don't want to show, but to allow owners of those cars that could easily trophy to pass a trophy along to some new blood. For many of us who have shown our cars and trophied many times, we have missed walking around and talking to all the people and looking at all the other cars, so we elect to relax, pass a trophy along, and allow someone else to get addicted to showing their Fiero.

------------------

Tom Corey
Melbourne, FL

[This message has been edited by Tom Corey (edited 02-23-2005).]

NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2005 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm sending my late registration tomorrow morning.. Please I want a shirt!
PFF
System Bot
paulcal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Corey:

OK, I need to pass along some show info here. From the pre-registration forms we have received so far, several people have indicated that they want to enter the "Display" class. I want to once again clarify the purpose of the "Display" class. The "Display" class is reserved for previous Daytona Best of Show, People's Choice, or First in Class winners that want to display their cars, but not have them judged for trophies. If you want to have your car on display with the rest of the Fieros and are not interested in showing for a trophy, and are not one of these previous Daytona winners you will be required to park your Fiero in the appropriate class display area and we will mark "Do Not Judge" on the window form so the judges will not waste time judging it. If, like myself, you are a previous winner, but are not bringing a car that won at Daytona, you will not be allowed to park a different car in the "Display" class area - it will be parked in it's appropriate class parking area with a "Do Not Judge" notice on it. The purpose of the "Display" class is not to set up an area to park a car you don't want to show, but to allow owners of those cars that could easily trophy to pass a trophy along to some new blood. For many of us who have shown our cars and trophied many times, we have missed walking around and talking to all the people and looking at all the other cars, so we elect to relax, pass a trophy along, and allow someone else to get addicted to showing their Fiero.

Guilty...I already have my card for the show. I'm not sure what to do now. This is my 1st year bringing my 85GT and it is no where near "show ready" , it's still a work in progress and a rough one at that.

Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Guilty...I already have my card for the show. I'm not sure what to do now. This is my 1st year bringing my 85GT and it is no where near "show ready" , it's still a work in progress and a rough one at that.

We will make sure you're parked in the right place and that your card is marked "Do Not Judge" as you come into the Daytona Fiero show area. I just want you folks who have already put "Display" on your entry forms and are not previous First in Class or better winners to not feel bad when you're not allowed to park in the "Display Class" Area.

t-bird1963

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for t-bird1963Send a Private Message to t-bird1963Direct Link to This Post
So where is the parking if we are not registered? Only coming in for Saturday or Sunday.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
If you are not registered, you'll be parking outside in the parking lot and pay $10 to Daytona track for admission. There were 200,000 at the track for the Daytona 500, so there is lots of parking spaces surrounding the track.
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by t-bird1963:

So where is the parking if we are not registered? Only coming in for Saturday or Sunday.

Once again, if you are registered, you can drive into the Speedway infield (and bring a passenger) - and even get a free picture of you and your car if you like - and if you do not want to show your car or park it in a show class, we have parking in the back for whatever you drive in with. Plus your registration is good for entrance into the Speedway Fri, Sat and Sunday! Makes sense to register if you plan to come out.

[This message has been edited by Tom Corey (edited 02-24-2005).]

red GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red GTSend a Private Message to red GTDirect Link to This Post
So where do I get to park my cars Uncle Krusty? Sorry...

Craig

------------------
8T6 GT

[This message has been edited by red GT (edited 02-25-2005).]

Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2005 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by red GT:

So where do I get to park my cars Uncle Grumpy?

Craig

It's Krusty, not Grumpy you nitwit. And just for you we have special parking place in the "Display Area". Are you parking everyone else this year? All of you folks out there that want to show your car this year should be greatful that Craig is just displaying his Best of Show GT. Be sure to take a good look at his car at the show - and take a lesson on how to prep your car for show! Craig is hard to beat when he shows.

Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2005 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
I just want to get out of the snow (had another 7" last night and more on the way Mon.night) -really don't care where I have to park.
red GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2005 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red GTSend a Private Message to red GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Corey:

It's Krusty, not Grumpy you nitwit. And just for you we have special parking place in the "Display Area". Are you parking everyone else this year? All of you folks out there that want to show your car this year should be greatful that Craig is just displaying his Best of Show GT. Be sure to take a good look at his car at the show - and take a lesson on how to prep your car for show! Craig is hard to beat when he shows.

Yes I get to park cars again so if any of you that are coming get put in the wrong class blame in on.............................Frank or someone else! But have FUN...

Thanks Tom but your cars are detailed examples that I have learned from...

------------------
8T6 GT

[This message has been edited by red GT (edited 02-25-2005).]

ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2005 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
Phil LOVES the snow lol Hey I think I might try to bring some snow down for old lar I think he misses shovling and freezing your butt off while cleaning of the driveway or the car lol at least my babies are in the garage not that makes the wife to be very happy lol. But on the judging I think its been pretty fair. But I go to LOOK at all the sexy fiero cleaners and the fieros plus to have FUN. maybe phil will wear a 2 pc bikini hehe I got $5 for ya if you do it phil. Maybe we can raise more bids lol Well see you all in daytona and cant' wait to get there the parents are heading down some time soon. Now here is an old pic of what I mean by SEXY FIERO CLEANERS

Hopefully this doesn't upset anyone if so you have permision to beat me up. Now if phil could look this good !!!!!!

AC2

PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2005 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Hey, that looks like my car

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 02-25-2005).]

ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2005 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
Nice car but I think it should of been my yellow formula lol see you in fl BOOM back to the front
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2005 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
OK, guys and gals - it is March! 17 days and counting! Are you ready? I imagine its been at least a month since Clem and a few others last drove their Fieros. Mine will venture out Saturday to the Florida Fiero Council meeting in Orlando - but then I'm a "Do Not Judge" this year, so I can take some road dust. We usually lose anyway to the ones that drive through snowstorms and/or mud to get get down here and miraculousy get them show ready by Saturday morning! But we keep trying anyway. Hope you all have those caravans set up and hotel reservations made. Time's awastin'!!

------------------

Tom Corey
Melbourne, FL

Kento

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2005 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!!!!! does not elong on page 3

------------------
4.9 Caddy ON CRADLE in Garage! Car in Driveway! ACK!

http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.org

Proud Member and founder of the DOWN SOUTH SUNNY WINTER PICK ON SNOW PEOPLE COALITION!

FieroLinks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post
Does every realize that there are only TWO weekends let to work on your Fieros before the Daytona Show?

I still need to:
Register my wife's car
Put tires on my wife's car
Get an alignment on my wife's car
Repair some interior pieces on my wife's car
Polish my wife's car
and maybe wash MY car

-FieroLinks

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I still need to build CAI, relocate fuel expansion tank, install headers, install some connectors, reinstall the V8/cradle back an connect all hoses/wiring, modify struts for coil-overs and install them, install new rotors and pads, modify hood for more clearance, start engine and debug, etc. etc..... Wonder if I'll be abke to finish in two weeks...

------------------
Palm Beach Fieros
http://pbfieros.tripod.com

achawkins

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
I just sent my registration in the other day.

I think I'm gonna cut the top off and make it a convertible before the show, I should be able to get this done this weekend, unless it rains.

------------------
____________________Marty
The Pearl White GT Build Up

Kento

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

I still need to build CAI, relocate fuel expansion tank, install headers, install some connectors, reinstall the V8/cradle back an connect all hoses/wiring, modify struts for coil-overs and install them, install new rotors and pads, modify hood for more clearance, start engine and debug, etc. etc..... Wonder if I'll be abke to finish in two weeks...

I feel your pain, I still need to install cradle and attach the hoses and fuel lines. then start it for the very first time!

LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
I need to fill the gas tank.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
PFFFFttt I will be driving a Dodge
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2005 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

PFFFFttt I will be driving a Dodge

I'll be bringing the Civic, so don't feel too bad. There's just too much work left to do on the convertible and I don't want to rush anything. I will have it done in time for the swapmeet in April though.

See you guys in a couple of weeks!

------------------

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2005 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Meeting of the Florida Fiero council today.

Krusty's car:

FieroLinks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2005 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post

Only 1 more weekend to work on the cars:

I still need to:
Register my wife's car
Put tires on my wife's car
Get an alignment on my wife's car
Repair some interior pieces on my wife's car
Polish my wife's car
and maybe wash MY car

IOW: I didn't get anything done this weekend, except for the Florida Fiero Council meeting.

-FieroLinks

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2005 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

I need to fill the gas tank.

Ahhhgg.... I wish I could be retired too

Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2005 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
What's that green stuff on the ground in those pics of the meeting?
Suufmeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2005 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuufmeisterSend a Private Message to SuufmeisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:

What's that green stuff on the ground in those pics of the meeting?

Hehe. That's called grass.
Got snow much?

Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2005 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Suufmeister:

Hehe. That's called grass.
Got snow much?

Not much left, down to about 6" now but some more"flurries" on the way for the next few days.

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2005 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
And , look at those fools running around in short-legged-britches !!! Don't they know it's still winter !!
Actually , we've had a few nice days lately ourselves. Course , then it turns off cold to remind you it's just early March. See you guys in a couple more weekends.
Ronnie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2005 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post

Ronnie

2353 posts
Member since Oct 2000
OOPS , double post

[This message has been edited by Ronnie (edited 03-07-2005).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors