Started on: 01-11-2005 10:05 PM
Replies: 258
Last post by: Alex4mula on 03-28-2005 10:25 AM
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2005 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Corey:

Maybe you're missing my point. It was an adventure, right? Now you have a story to tell. Besides, you could have just left the gray coating on it and sat on the beach! Besides, you probably did better in the show than most of the guys that don't take their cars out of the garage for six weeks while they are cleaning it and getting them show ready! Hope you have a better trip this year - and more fun. Don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for winter to be over - it got down to 47 here this morning and will only hit around 65 today - looks like I'll have to button up the T-Tops or run with the windows up and the heat on going to work this morning! : )

Actually we got a first place in our class at the show- It's always fun at Daytona. The "pre show" show in the parking lot and the "post show" show in the parking lot. Also if you really know me then you know that I'm not happy unless I'm complaining.

IP: Logged
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2005 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

It was an adventure, right? Now you have a story to tell.

Phil's had an adventure and has a story to tell from RFTH 8 at Deal's Gap, but I don't think he'd say it was fun.

Tom Corey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2005 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Phil's had an adventure and has a story to tell from RFTH 8 at Deal's Gap, but I don't think he'd say it was fun.

Yeah, as I recall we left him there waiting on a trailer - electrical fires suck! Speaking of Phil's adventures, I saw where the Hot Rod 2005 Power tour will be going through Nashville and coming on down to Florida somewhere. I think more of us ought to hook up with the Power Tour this year - it would be a lot of fun to show the Hot Rodders what some Fiero swaps (other than Phil's 3800SC) can do.

Kento

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2005 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

I think more of us ought to hook up with the Power Tour this year - it would be a lot of fun to show the Hot Rodders what some Fiero swaps (other than Phil's 3800SC) can do.

I plan on attending the Gainsville to Kiss part of that this year.

Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2005 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
I already have all my hotel reservations from WI to FL
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2005 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:

I already have all my hotel reservations from WI to FL

Phil,

How do you know where they are running to each day. Is there a published schedule somewhere?

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2005 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Dates and Cities:

June 4 Miller Park - Milwaukee, WI
June 5 Illinois State Fairgrounds - Springfield, IL
June 6 Indianapolis Raceway Park - Indianapolis, IN
June 7 Gaylord Opryland Resort - Nashville, TN
June 8 Birmingham Race Course - Birmingham, AL
June 9 North Florida Fair - Tallahassee, FL
June 10 Osceola Heritage Park - Kissimmee-St. Cloud, FL
June 11 return to Osceola Heritage Park for Long Hauler Award and Photo

http://hotrod.com/113_0410_powertour/

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2005 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Coolness! This year's Power Tour is on my side of the world. I'm gonna try to catch it from Birmingham to Kissimmee.
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2005 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
Are there specific hotels where the Power Tour folks are planning to stay along the way?
Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2005 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post

Are there specific hotels where the Power Tour folks are planning to stay along the way?

Usually you make your own hotel choices
Here is my list of reservations
night of hotel
Jun 4 Motel 6 W Bluemound Rd Brookfield WI
Jun 5 Super 8 S Dirksen Hwy Springfield IL
Jun 6 Motel 6 Debonair Ln Speedway IN
Jun 7 Super 8 Dickerson Pk Nashville TN
Jun 8 Super 8 Moody Pkwy Moody Al
Jun 9 Motel 6 Apalachee Pkwy Tallahassee FL
Jun 10 Super 8 West Vine St Kissimmee FL

NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2005 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
June 9 North Florida Fair - Tallahassee, FL
Thats my area!
Let me know if any of yall are coming down for this.

back on topic
I am hoping on going to the car show. I need to fix my 1/4 windows and a couple other minor defects.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2005 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Ditto part deux, except it's a 30 hour drive!

Hmmmmmmmmm..........it's over 40 hrs for me or from the Pacific ocean to the Atlantic ocean.

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2005 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:

Usually you make your own hotel choices
Here is my list of reservations
night of hotel
Jun 4 Motel 6 W Bluemound Rd Brookfield WI
Jun 5 Super 8 S Dirksen Hwy Springfield IL
Jun 6 Motel 6 Debonair Ln Speedway IN
Jun 7 Super 8 Dickerson Pk Nashville TN
Jun 8 Super 8 Moody Pkwy Moody Al
Jun 9 Motel 6 Apalachee Pkwy Tallahassee FL
Jun 10 Super 8 West Vine St Kissimmee FL

Thanks for this information Phil, I'll pick up the power tour in Springfield after the Dells on Sunday and head back to Florida. I made these hotel reservations also. Why is Moody, AL so pricey?

I registered my 88 GT for the tour, but I may bring something else.

Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2005 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
The Birmingham racecourse is a dog and horse track? Are they talking about Barbor Motorsports in the same area.
It could be that there is better parking at the dog track or schedule conflict.
red GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for red GTSend a Private Message to red GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Last years special visitor to the Daytona show.

Last years special visitor will be there again this year so we hope you can make it....

------------------
8T6 GT

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Look !! Four people power !!

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 01-25-2005).]

Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
OK, guys, Frank says it's time to revive this thread! Last week, all of us Florida Fiero types met at Brian and Deidra's home in Orlando to eat some Chili, talk Fieros, and finalize the judging sheet for the Daytona show this year. Every year, we emphasize safety in judging and we try to emphasize different areas of the Fiero. Like I said earlier, this year I want to emphasize the interior. We have shifted points on the judging sheets in every class to do just that. We're looking for really great interiors. We want ot see the new dashes, consoles, and particularly technical upgrades in electronics. Come show us your ideas. Let's see DVD's in Fieros, GPS mapping systems, the big whomping sound systems, or whatever your brainchild may be. We are challengineg you all, and in particular the Custom and Modified classes to b ring the Fiero into the 21st century. Let's see what you have done to make your Low-tech Fiero high-tech. Come on down, enjoy the weather, the beach, good friends, really good people, but most of all show us your new hi-tech upgrades for your Fiero!

This year we do intend to run the 3 minute judging restriction for all classes, daily drivers do not have to show engine or front compartment, but may do so if they wish - unlikely to be an advantage either way. Stock class means exactly that. If it ain't completely stock, it's custom or modified - the idea is to preserve the ever increasingly rare STOCK Fiero! ALL conversions will be treated equal in the judging, be it a 4 cylinder conversion, a 3.1, a 3800, a 4.9, a SBC or whatever. Hi-tech is the buzz word this year, so let's see those LS-2's and the new supercharged 440 hp Northstar's in your Fieros - right I wish! For all you SBC guys out there, we need you to bring them in for the modified competition!! The 4.9 conversion whupped up on us last year - if you can't beat them on the track, at least come try to beat them in the show!! (And while we're at it maybe we can unofficially and off-line and unbeknownst to everyone but God and us find a place to do that Woodward Avenue thing right here in Florida! and kick some 4.9 butt - or maybe not!)

This may be the last year we ahve a hotel on the beach, sooooo - let's get those hotel reservations in, clean those cars, tune those engines, paint those chop-tops, finish off those DVD/sound system projects, and new dash conversions and get ready for Daytona 2005!!!! We are really looking forward to seeing you all again this year!

------------------

Tom Corey
Melbourne, FL
87 Green T-Top GT 5Spd SBC ZZ3 V8

[This message has been edited by Tom Corey (edited 02-07-2005).]

NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
sweet.
My cd player is coming in this week. My interior is ok cept for a couple dash cracks. Damn sun. Looks like I'll be in the daily driver class.
Ronnie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Hey Tom , are they dividing the classes by mileage or anything? Coupe / fastback?
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

...clean those cars, tune those engines, paint those chop-tops, finish off those DVD/sound system projects, and new dash conversions and get ready for Daytona 2005!!!!

Tom, have you snuck a peak at my "To Do" list??

bonzo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoDirect Link to This Post
How many classes are there and what are they? I'm sorry if this was already asked and I missed it.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Keep an eye out for the PSF group. Some of them are planning to attend and wear some derrogatory to PFF t-shirts. Im betting those leg humpers chicken out on the t-shirt part.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Keep an eye out for the PSF group. Some of them are planning to attend and wear some derrogatory to PFF t-shirts. Im betting those leg humpers chicken out on the t-shirt part.

I'm pretty sure you'll lose that bet. Anything that can draw attention to themselves is what they'll be doing.
I'm sure they'll be around causing as much trouble as they think they can get away with.

Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonzo:

How many classes are there and what are they? I'm sorry if this was already asked and I missed it.

Unless we get an unusually large number of cars, we do not plan to break down the classes based on mileage. If I get this wrong maybe Kevin or Frank will chime in and correct me.

Modified Fastback
Modified Coupe
Custom Fastback
Custom Coupe
Stock Fastback
Stock Coupe
Stock Formula
Stock Indy - I'm not sure, but will check with Kevin and Frank on this one - also can't remember if we ahve a class for notchback GTs this year.
Daily Driver Coupe
Daily Driver Fastback
Daily Driver Custom Fastback
Daily Driver Custom Coupe
Kit Car
Mera

Display - There will be an optional display area for former First in Class Winners or better, but no trophy or judging of the display cars.
There will also be a parking area in the back for support vehicles, Fieros you do not want to show.

I'm sure I've missed something. I'll check with Frank and Kevin to be sure I've got it right.

[This message has been edited by Tom Corey (edited 02-08-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hypotheical Question: What class would the Plasma be in? Kit class or Modified class?
FieroLinks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post
The Plazma competed in the Kit Car/Rebodied class.

-FieroLinks

LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Actually the Plasma was in a class by itself.
bonzo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoDirect Link to This Post
What is the difference between a daily driver coup and a daily driver custom coup? What makes a car custom? I guess it's obvious I am a new comer.
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonzo:

What is the difference between a daily driver coup and a daily driver custom coup? What makes a car custom? I guess it's obvious I am a new comer.

The Daily Driver classes are those cars that look pretty much stock and are driven daily and also the drivers may not really be interested in detailing their cars to the nines. The Daily driver custom class cars would usually have aftermarket wheels, maybe be lowered, and maybe even have conversions. - they may also have pretty neat interiors and are probably well detailed. However, the front compartment and the engine, engine compartment, and rear trunk will not be judged. All of the daily driver classes should be displayed during judging with the hood and deck lid closed, however that is not required. Just keep in mind you will get no additional points for a nifty 4.9 or SBC or tricked out front compartment in these classes - those areas will not be judged in any of the daily driver classes.

To take all this one step further, the Stock, Custom, and Modified classes are for the serious show-minded Fiero fanatics. The cars must be detailed to the nines inside and out just to be competitive. For example, Archie could bring his Stinger, which generally blows us all away, but if it were not detailed out, it would not be competitive in the modified class. It takes toothbrush cleanliness along with outstanding workmanship and great looks to trophy in the Stock, Custom, and Modified classes. There is a class for everyone, so come on down (or up in a few cases) and show us what you've got! Hope this helps.

Tom

FieroLinks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post
Classes as per the official website:

http://floridafieros.org/daytona2005/classes_for_daytona_2005.htm

Check back to this link in the coming days for updates.

Tenative Schedule for the show: http://floridafieros.org/daytona2005/Schedule.htm

-FieroLinks

[edit to add Tenative Schedule]

[This message has been edited by FieroLinks (edited 02-09-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

To take all this one step further, the Stock, Custom, and Modified classes are for the serious show-minded Fiero fanatics. The cars must be detailed to the nines inside and out just to be competitive. For example, Archie could bring his Stinger, which generally blows us all away, but if it were not detailed out, it would not be competitive in the modified class. It takes toothbrush cleanliness along with outstanding workmanship and great looks to trophy in the Stock, Custom, and Modified classes. There is a class for everyone, so come on down (or up in a few cases) and show us what you've got! Hope this helps.

Tom

Oche! Well that counts Archie and me out, hehehehe. I would be in a modified class, but the driven class but who loves to be around those who like Fieros, hehehe.

I guess I may qualify for the longest drive class? Oh wait, there is the Canada class who may drive a greater distant than me. Game over.

PFF
System Bot
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
What about more than one Indy class? Some Indy's have been converted to having a different engine like a quad 4 or even a superduty 4 and others have the Indy style scoop with strobe and different rims (but nothing major or more permanent like an engine swap) but are still very much an Indy Fiero. Now Fran's Indy GT beast would be a unique one to classify.
Anyway, I think it would be more fair for a pretty much stock Indy to not go up against a heavily modded Indy like one with a different engine.

Just a few thoughts

------------------

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
If it has a different engine , it's modified. Wouldn't matter if it's an Indy or not. Same as a Formula having an engine swap.
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ronnie:

If it has a different engine , it's modified. Wouldn't matter if it's an Indy or not. Same as a Formula having an engine swap.

Ronnie is correct. If you have a different engine and you wish to show in a class other than DD where the engine compartment is judged, it will be in the modified class - In the cases of an Indy or a Formula with an engine conversion, they would go in the modified coupe class.

[This message has been edited by Tom Corey (edited 02-09-2005).]

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
The classes at Daytona are based on what ever pre-registrations we get in. We like to spread awards around as much as we can and equitably. If you only have one or two cars in a class, that is not as competitive as class with 5 to 10 cars. We would incorporate the 2 car class into a larger class and then look at how we might be able to break the larger class down for the best of all.

Those working the Daytona shows have done their best to hopefully make them fair. I think that you can see in the past all the long distance travelers took awards out of Florida – and rightfully so.

This year Tom has tweaked the scoring to best reflect the changes in the Fieros.

So if you’re coming – get your registrations in. If not for the competition for the sunshine and camaraderie!!

Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2005 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
Surely you guys must be ready to head to Daytona for a break by now! Today was just another crappy day in paradise down here! It was partly cloudy, 75 degrees with a little breeze. I thought about putting my T-Tops on since it's a bit cool, but decided to brave it anyway. However, we did hear a rumor that it's a bit colder up north! On the serious side - be sure to bring a sweatshirt or jacket, hat, and sun block - and I am serious about this! The sun can burn you to a crisp, even on a chilly day in March without sunscreen and it often gets chilly enough for a jacket at the Daytona event. A long sleeve shirt and a wide brim hat for show day at the track are highly recommended to keep you warm and/or protect your arms and head from the sun.
Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2005 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Us northern folks use a protective layer or ice to guard against the sun
FieroLinks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post
This is a warning:

Only FOUR more weekends to get your car ready for Daytona!!!!!

-FieroLinks

achawkins

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
When is a good time to get my car to the track? Friday Early? Thursday Late? When does everyone bring theirs in?

------------------
____________________Marty
The Pearl White GT Build Up

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
The real show is Saturday. Once you pick up you registration on Friday at the host hotel, you can go to the track to get the Daytona photo and you can go to the track Friday and wander around. I usually head to the track early Saturday AM, get the photo, go to the Fiero staging area, park, then detail the car for judging. I wander around to look at all the other cars at Daytona (non Fieros). .

My experience though, has been the early AM photos have too many shadows. So if you go Friday PM, you can have better light, then pick up your photo at the Datona registration tent Saturday morning. If you don't like that shot, you can go back through and get a second photo. You'll get a yellow card from Daytona in the mail, if you register with The Florida Fiero Council. BRING THE YELLOW CARD WITH YOU for the Daytona Show registration!! Remember there are two shows: The Fiero Show and the Daytona Spring Show. The Daytona Show has a registration tent at the track. You'll get a dash plaque and some other stuff at the Daytona Track tent as well as from The Florida Fiero Council at the host hotel.

I hope this isn't too confusing.

For those coming in Thursday to the host hotel, many people just hang out at the hotel Thursday and Friday. There may be some impromptu lunch or dinner runs where several people want to hit the same restaurants. There are lots of restaurants in Daytona, Port Orange, the mainland side of Daytona Beach Shores where the Holiday Inn host hotel is located. Remember that this is during spring break time so expect some crowds in Daytona Beach proper.

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 02-17-2005).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock