Started on: 01-11-2005 10:05 PM
Replies: 258
Last post by: Alex4mula on 03-28-2005 10:25 AM
carolinajoe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2005 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carolinajoeClick Here to visit carolinajoe's HomePageSend a Private Message to carolinajoeDirect Link to This Post
I knew I should've waited to start my Notchy conversion.
But I know I will find my lights at the swap meet.
What is it 10 more days, can't wait.
Here is the weather outlook,(Looking Good)
Sorry to the Northerners, but heck us Floridians
Love it

DayTona
March 17
Hi 74°F
Lo 46°F
Precip
20 %

IP: Logged
paulcal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2005 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
Ahhh 10 days, 5 hours, 58 mins but whos counting.
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2005 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paulcal:

I AM!!!!!! only have 3 days to work on the fiero and get it running~!@#!%$^&$%#^$#!

NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2005 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Dragon, Still havent got my stuff in the mail yet. What do I do?
achawkins

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2005 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
Yes, should I have recieved something by now? I need proof that you have my money!
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2005 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paulcal:

Wow, that's coming up fast! Guess I'd better start pulling the Coke cans and coffee mugs out from behind the passenger seat...

bonzo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2005 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoDirect Link to This Post
Got my card today

------------------

FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2005 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys for reminding me of one of the coolest fiero events that i'm gonna miss this year . Take plenty of pics of the cars and the hottie's
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2005 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
on the 18th the atlas F-1 older car guys will be touring the collier collection in naples
this is a first class racecar collection that is NOT open to the public
19th is the sebring 12 hour race you have heard of that?
you could not have picked a worse weekend to do this show for me

look at a calander next year

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2005 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
You will really be missed at the Daytona show.
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2005 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NorthFloridaFiero:

Dragon, Still havent got my stuff in the mail yet. What do I do?

You can register at the hotel Friday afternoon/evening. We'll be set up in the banquet room.

PFF
System Bot
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2005 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Tom Corey

838 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by ray b:

on the 18th the atlas F-1 older car guys will be touring the collier collection in naples
this is a first class racecar collection that is NOT open to the public
19th is the sebring 12 hour race you have heard of that?
you could not have picked a worse weekend to do this show for me
look at a calander next year

Actually, we don't pick the date. The Fiero show is a show within a show. The Spring Daytona Beach Car Show & Swap Meet is not run by The Florida Fiero Council or Space Coast Fieros. There are over 2,000 other cars there each year in March and I'm sure the weekend they get has something to do with what events are going on at the track during the other weekends - bikeweek, etc. Sorry, it didn't fit your schedule.

------------------

Tom Corey
Melbourne, FL
87 Green T-Top GT 5Spd SBC ZZ3 V8

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2005 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Corey:

You can register at the hotel Friday afternoon/evening. We'll be set up in the banquet room.

Do you need to check in at the hotel before being able to get in at the track on Friday? I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of parking my trailer. Archie and Coolblue suggested leaving the trailer at the track, but I'm trying to figure out if I need to check in at the hotel friday afternoon first? Thanks.

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2005 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Check your reservations beforehand. Two years ago I had two rooms and when I arrived only one was showing up. They screw up sometimes (maybe on purpose).
FieroLinks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2005 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Do you need to check in at the hotel before being able to get in at the track on Friday? I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of parking my trailer. Archie and Coolblue suggested leaving the trailer at the track, but I'm trying to figure out if I need to check in at the hotel friday afternoon first? Thanks.

You do not need to 'check-in' at the hotel before going to the track on Friday. If you haven't been to the show before, it would be good to stop by the hotel and check with Frank about where to setup. You don't want to unload your car in the wrong area. You will need the yellow registration card that was mailed to you, assuming that you prepaid with Frank (Dragon). If you didn't pre-register, you'll just pay them at the track to get in. The people at the track will explain where to put the trailer after you unload the car. It's my understanding that it's a secure area, but I'd still bring a heavy chain and a good lock, just in case.

-FieroLinks

achawkins

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2005 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
I have pre registered, but I have not gotten anything in the mail, no confirmation, no yellow card.

------------------
____________________Marty
The Pearl White GT Build Up

FieroLinks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2005 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by achawkins:

I have pre registered, but I have not gotten anything in the mail, no confirmation, no yellow card.

Make certain that you check with Frank. Don't go to the track and pay again. Talk to Frank first. There is still time before the show to receive your yellow card. I just got mine last Friday.

-FieroLinks

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2005 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroLinks:

You do not need to 'check-in' at the hotel before going to the track on Friday. If you haven't been to the show before, it would be good to stop by the hotel and check with Frank about where to setup. You don't want to unload your car in the wrong area. You will need the yellow registration card that was mailed to you, assuming that you prepaid with Frank (Dragon). If you didn't pre-register, you'll just pay them at the track to get in. The people at the track will explain where to put the trailer after you unload the car. It's my understanding that it's a secure area, but I'd still bring a heavy chain and a good lock, just in case.

-FieroLinks

Thanks that is what I needed to know. I have been to the show, I have my yellow card, and I am familiar with the area, (lived in central FL for 7 years) so I plan to drop the trailer at the track and bring the car and tow vehicle to the hotel.

By the way, change in plans, it looks like by popular demand I'm bringing Chop Top #14 instead.

------------------

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Fastback (4.9 Chop-top #1 of 1), 1984 Indy...Firebird Interior Installation Website

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 03-09-2005).]

FieroLinks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2005 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post
Just to clarify this a little:

Everyone should stop by the hotel on Friday to register their car for the judging. This is seperate from the pre-registration that you may have already done.

When you register at the hotel:
You get your goody bag, Shirts and Banquet Tickets
You enter your car in the class that best fits it
Your car will be assigned a number and you will get a color coded plaque (paper) to place on the dashboard of your car.
You get to meet all the people who work so hard to support the show
You get to meet with various vendors that will have tables setup
I believe there may even be a cake later in the day.

-FieroLinks

paulcal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2005 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
9 days, 1 hour and 37 minutes to go
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2005 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Is this counting down to 3pm Eastern on Friday? Is that when the registration at the hotel starts?
PFF
System Bot
paulcal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2005 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post

Is this counting down to 3pm Eastern on Friday? Is that when the registration at the hotel starts?

Yup.

Kento

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2005 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Just to clarify this a little:

Everyone should stop by the hotel on Friday to register their car for the judging. This is seperate from the pre-registration that you may have already done.

When you register at the hotel:
You get your goody bag, Shirts and Banquet Tickets
You enter your car in the class that best fits it
Your car will be assigned a number and you will get a color coded plaque (paper) to place on the dashboard of your car.
You get to meet all the people who work so hard to support the show
You get to meet with various vendors that will have tables setup
I believe there may even be a cake later in the day.

-FieroLinks

what about us who want judging and will not be there till Sat morning?

FieroLinks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2005 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kento:

You'll have to check with Frank or Tom about the registration times on Saturday morning at the track. Normally the chief judge will determine when registration closes on Saturday. In any case the plan is to have the registration table setup at the track in the Fiero section so you can register the car Saturday morning. In the past, they have ended registration when judging starts, but that is up to the chief judge (Tom Corey). Don't show up late.

Is your car ready yet?

-FieroLinks

Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2005 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Registration for the Fiero show will close at 10 AM Saturday morning. Judging will begin at 11AM. If you arrive after 10AM Saturday, you will be allowed to park in the back, but your car will not be judged and you will not be charged an entry fee for the Fiero show. Cleaning of cars will not be permitted after the judging begins.

------------------

Tom Corey
Melbourne, FL
87 Green T-Top GT 5Spd SBC ZZ3 V8

SCF [Dragon]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2005 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCF [Dragon]Click Here to visit SCF [Dragon]'s HomePageSend a Private Message to SCF [Dragon]Direct Link to This Post
Folks with trailers. Leave them at the track. You don't want to fight with the area around the hotel.

All the registrations are processed - but please remember that if you sent them in late they first have to come to us then sent to the Daytona Racing District, and then out to you. That is why we have shut down all mail in registrations. Most people should get their cards prior to departure. If not send me a message.

Alex brought up a good point - double check reservations. Give the hotel a call and make sure everything is good to go.

If need be shoot me a message at Dragon@spaceCoastFieros.com I try to get back to you as soon as possiable.

thanks

Frank

[This message has been edited by SCF [Dragon] (edited 03-09-2005).]

NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2005 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Just got my card today. thanks
Kento

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2005 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Is your car ready yet?

-FieroLinks

Nope, still have to fix the W/P sucks having a job that I work till Dark. only weekends to work on it Worst case I drive the LeBaron with the 14" Fiero Wheels on it!

achawkins

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2005 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
Got my card yesterday afternoon.
1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2005 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
I want to bring a professional camera & cameraman.

How canI get this in to the show? I presume that they think that I am taping the entire show to make money off of it.

Is there a "pass" that can get me in to shoot only the Fiero portion of the event?

Thanks.

John

1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2005 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post

1986GTV8

1259 posts
Member since Mar 2002
Bump to top.
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2005 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986GTV8:

I want to bring a professional camera & cameraman.

How canI get this in to the show? I presume that they think that I am taping the entire show to make money off of it.

Is there a "pass" that can get me in to shoot only the Fiero portion of the event?

Thanks.

John

If he can fit into the Fiero drive in with him and his equipment. The pass for car registration is for a passenger also.

Gate admission is $10 for Saturday to walk in.

1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2005 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
Are you suggesting that we place the camera in the trunk??

Would hate to loose the tape in the middle of the shoot if I get caught.

Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2005 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Come on Daytona - getting another 6" on snow today in RI. Hopefully I'll be able to find my car somewhere in the driveway
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2005 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986GTV8:

Are you suggesting that we place the camera in the trunk??

Would hate to loose the tape in the middle of the shoot if I get caught.

They don't care iif you bring a camera in, video or otherwise. So you don't have to hide anything or lie about anything, what Old Lar said is correct..

Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2005 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Tom Corey

838 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by Phil:

Come on Daytona - getting another 6" on snow today in RI. Hopefully I'll be able to find my car somewhere in the driveway

Hey, Phil - the forecast for next Saturday is partly cloudy and 78 degrees, that should melt some of your snow!

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2005 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

jscott,

The past few years, I've parked my trailer at the track, and left my car covered overnite at the with a few other Fiero's. The trailers are parked near gate 70, on the outside of the track (inside the gates). Usually there are 10 - 15 trailers parked. I'd advise at least a hitch lock. (better safe than sorry)

I try to get to the track early (10 - 11 am) on friday. I spend a few hours detailing the car & talking with other early birds. If you need anything brought back to the hotel, or need a ride from or to, let me know.

- That offer goes for any one else - My cell is (941) 286-3882

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 03-12-2005).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2005 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

jscott,

The past few years, I've parked my trailer at the track, and left my car covered overnite at the with a few other Fiero's. The trailers are parked near gate 70, on the outside of the track (inside the gates). Usually there are 10 - 15 trailers parked. I'd advise at least a hitch lock. (better safe than sorry)

Thanks for the info...I'm actually expecting to arrive with the real early birds midday on Thursday... Frank checked with the track and says I can drop the trailer on Thurdsay. I will lock it down with a hitch lock and heavy chain. I plan to bring my Fiero to the hotel, there is no reason to clean and detail as I don't even have paint!

Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2005 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dave , does that thing get that dirty inside the trailer??? Haha , just joking.
Looking forward to being there hopefully early afternoon on Friday.
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2005 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
I was hoping that Dave would bring his Coupe for a change
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock