Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Who's ready for a proper 4.9? (Page 9)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
Who's ready for a proper 4.9? by FriendOfYours
Started on: 10-03-2012 02:56 AM
Replies: 674
Last post by: MaxCubes on 06-06-2013 02:43 AM
gen2muchwork

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkDirect Link to This Post
make it stop! the suspense is killing me!
IP: Logged
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Ok I am coming in here to speak up before people start asking? Did the car show. The short answer is no it won't be here. However I spoke to FOY on the phone, he actually called me in fact to talk about this whole thing.

We have agreed he is going to reimburse me a fair chunk of change, and give me the completed car, however I have to meet him on the US side of the boarder tomorrow evening. Apparently there were issues with his arranged person to bring the car through customs. I am not going to get into that as this time its not my place.

So yes the car is delayed another day, but I did speak to him and am comfortable that he will make his best effort to get the car to me tomorrow.

Purple86 I did not speak to him about your kit, have you and him agreed to put it in my car? As I said if it is in my car I will ship it from my place in BC.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

FriendOfYours

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2013 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
I will have Purples parts with me all boxed up and ready to go, if you are willing to ship them. That would be a great help
81 4.9L X-11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 81 4.9L X-11Click Here to visit 81 4.9L X-11's HomePageSend a Private Message to 81 4.9L X-11Direct Link to This Post
Is it too early to give FOY props for doing what he can to make it right ?? I'm just saying many shops/ guys would have given up and screwed someone over by now... $ .02
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 81 4.9L X-11:

Is it too early to give FOY props for doing what he can to make it right ?? I'm just saying many shops/ guys would have given up and screwed someone over by now... $ .02

The right way always brings you good things and the wrong way always brings you hardship. Its just that some people are too stupid to believe this.
If FOY is trying to do the right thing thats good to hear but it should be taken for granted that he is honest. I know a guy right now who purchased was was promised to be a good engine but he installed it and it blew up on the customer in short order. The seller of the engine said 'tough luck". Now he is eating the labor and the engine cost to do the job all over again. That is one reputable mechanic.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

ZeroC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZeroCClick Here to visit ZeroC's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZeroCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

What, within the last hour or so?

haha im awesome i saw the day ...not the time posted lol
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

The right way always brings you good things and the wrong way always brings you hardship. Its just that some people are too stupid to believe this.
If FOY is trying to do the right thing thats good to hear but it should be taken for granted that he is honest. I know a guy right now who purchased was was promised to be a good engine but he installed it and it blew up on the customer in short order. The seller of the engine said 'tough luck". Now he is eating the labor and the engine cost to do the job all over again. That is one reputable mechanic.

Dennis in that instance it boils down to if the customer supplied the parts or the shop supplied the parts. If I do a motor swap for someone and I supply the motor, its my responsibility to make sure that it is a good motor. If the customer supplies it and it blows up, well I have not done anything wrong, I'll try to work something out with them and cut them a break. Now if I supply a motor and it blows up, then it is 100% my responsibility to make it right, and I'll eat the cost of it and my own shorts for food if need be. Which is why most shops don't allow people to supply their own parts. Shops charge a certain markup on parts which gives them a buffer if a part fails. If they don't make money off the parts, any "come backs" will bankrupt the shop in quick fashion.

I will however do my best to test out a solution before making any repairs, even if the customer comes in and says my car is broken, replace XX part. I will look at it and if I have a used XX part on the shelf I'll put it in and see if that fixes it. If the customer is right, I'll install a new one and away he goes. If it does not I'll call and let them know and if they want I'll still install a new one, and charge them for it, then find out what the real problem is. I won't however take a car and just randomly throw parts at it, and charge them if it does not fix a problem. (Unless they think they know more than me and demand I install parts that I know won't fix it)

Lisa and I got burned rather badly with out Blazer just recently, its a 96 Chevy Blazer 2 mechanics and a dealer shop, plus a 2nd dealer mechanic could not find the cause of an ignition miss. We had replaced everything Cap, Rotor, Plugs, Wires, even down to the spider injection system, and no change. We took it to a shop, they swore it was the coil. So they replaced the ignition coil and charged us $416 bucks. 2hrs diagnosis 240, plus 1hr install, plus price of coil and taxes. It didn't fix a damn thing aside from a lighter pocket book. Man I was pissed but their was nothing we could do. We authorized the repair before knowing how much they were going to charge us so it was out fault. In the end, I found a forum like Pennocks for Blazers. I found a guy locally that knew Blazers about as well as I do Fiero's. Took him all of 10mins to tell us, that the dist gear was worn. 30mins later he had changed the dist shaft out, road tested it and the car was perfect. We asked how much, he jokingly said, for what 1/2 hours work, and wasn't going to charge us anything. We practically had to force him to take 120 bucks, as he did give us another new cap and rotor.

Just goes to show that not legitimate shops are good or honest, and some of the best mechanics are smart guys that just work from their back yard garages.

Now as for FOY, I don't know his entire life, but he is trying to make this right with me, and at the same time, Purple86. He is offering a sizable refund for my expenses even though I said previously I was not going to ask for one. If everything goes as planned tomorrow, I will leave Happy.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I guess this re-enforces why I work on as much as possible myself with my own cars.
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2013 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
Drove the car to lunch and it started making a tapping noise in the rear on the way back to the shop. By the look of it I've been driving with it torn for awhile now and with the noise, the joint is probably done for

I'm gunna give you a ring and see if you have a preference on axles. I should be able to get it changed out and still make it if I hurry
arte444

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
Perhaps this thread should be closed until the vehicle has made it home safely. There might be a PFF curse that has attached itself to this project.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I have spare axles here, but I don't think you should risk it all the way to BC. If you have a spare toss it in, you still have a few hours before you said you would leave.

Just make sure that the failure is not from the Tri-pot coming in contact with the cradle under hard acceleration. I have had it happen before with that car, it would make a tapping / banging / thud thud thud noise under acceleration when motor mount was going bad, as it would allow the engine to torque over enough for the CV to start smacking the cradle.

Even if you are 1/2 or so later than expected that's fine. If you want I can bring you a replacement axle to put back in stock when you bring the car up. From the pic it looks like the driver side axle.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
arte444

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
If thats the factory axle and factory trans mount, it shouldn't interfere with the cradle. Maybe if the mount is worn.

[This message has been edited by arte444 (edited 01-08-2013).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
So just to update this thread I spoke to FOY on the phone and asked if he had any used OEM axles as that is what I would prefer as they are better than the cheap parts store ones. He didn't have any and getting an OEM would take over a day. So he is installing a cheap one for the time being. The cheapie would be at his shop at 5pm he figured he would have it done by 6pm. He has the car torn apart now, and as soon as the CV gets there he will install it. Its a 3hr drive each way plus say an hour for the exchange of car and stuff. Which would mean he would not make it home till midnight or 1am. I left it up to his discretion if he wanted to make the run tonight or not. I am waiting for his call back to see how things go. It sucks that this is another delay but, honestly would rather have it break before I get it back, LOL. (I am going to pay him for the CV shaft out of the money he was going to give me back as well) I am sure this will be the last delay and I will get the car soon.

------------------

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadDirect Link to This Post
Oh no!!!! What were you thinking?!?!?!?

"Im sure this will be the last problem.........

Well, it would have been if you hadn't said that.....
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Capt.,
This saddens me. As you know I am a 4.9L lover and enthusiasts. You and I converse on more than one forum and I was hoping for the best on this build. I wanted this to be a great build and even greater 4.9L Fiero. Don’t let this get you down and keep up the faith and testing of the waters.

Best wishes
DARKWING
Mike Parker
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroseblack:

I was hoping for the best on this build. I wanted this to be a great build and even greater 4.9L Fiero.

This whole ordeal has been crazy, but I still think it will be a great build! There's still time for everything to work out for the best. And overcoming all these hurdles and setbacks when most others would have given up makes this build that much better!

I'm rooting for you Capt. Nothing worth doing is easy.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Well??
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

Well??

I didn't want to be the first to say it. I hope the silence here is because Capt Fiero is enjoying his new ride...
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I didn't post as I didn't want to say how disappointed I am that I don't have the car yet. I got the call tonight at about 8:30pm after I had called at 6pm asking if he was on the road. His ride back to the shop bailed on him. He promised tomorrow he has 2 people scheduled that can give him a ride back. (its 3hrs each way, so I can understand a little bit trying to find a ride) However I think after the phone call tonight, he understands that the delay is starting to upset me. We have a West Coast Fiero's club meeting Saturday and nothing would make me more happy than to drive the car to the meeting and drift it sideways with the tires up in smoke as I come around the corner to the restaurant with the big 3" exhaust screaming. I have been driving our 3800SC Grand Prix GTP for too long. I want my freaking Fiero back.

------------------

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Ok in an effort to keep this thread a little bit light hearted, and keep me from going insane, I have 2 topics to discuss. First off, I just checked the weather forecast for the club meeting and they are forecasting a bit of snow and temps of 4 below zero. So even if I wanted to have the tires up in smoke while sideways, it will be a bit icy to pull that one off, unless I mounted the studded snow tires and attempted a brake stand. However the drifting into the parking lot could still be done with a little extra zing for the lack of stopping once I made it into the parking lot.

Ok Next Topic. From my phone conversations FOY has been doing a lot of shake down driving with my car. This was something that I requested he do, as I am going to have my 3 year old daughter riding shotgun with my on many drives. I wanted him to make sure the car was dead nuts reliable. As the idea of it breaking down in the dead of winter with her in the car was just not something I really wanted to happen.

I'd like to hear just his opinions of the car. How is the clutch doing, I did have a bit of chatter with it going into 1st gear before being a 6 puck clutch I was expecting that, but also hoping it might go away. How is that doing.
How are the tires, the car has been parked for almost a year and exposed to not only searing heat, but left out in the winter in -10 conditions. I tried to put tire shine on them for the 3 or 4 times I drove it over that year to meetings or events. All they really bad, or can I get away with them for another 6 months.

Now for the Biggie, comparing it to other 4.9's or any other swapped car you have driven how does it feel. RPM Band Wise, Peak, Bottom End. Is the Nitrous Hooked, and more importantly if it is, have you tried it.
Sound, Is it Louder with your muffler or with mine. Have you had any issues with the muffler you put in bottoming out?

Anything you care to add about the car, I am just looking for information here. Rather than dwell on the delays I'd like to hear the good or bad news about the car. The Good so I can be happy, and the bad so I can be prepared for it.

------------------

IROCTAFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIERODirect Link to This Post
I sure hope you get your car back.
Sending good thoughts your way.
PFF
System Bot
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I spoke to FOY on the phone and he was just cleaning up and getting ready to go. Just waiting on the person to arrive that would be driving him back. I don't want to jinx it and say I am excited, so I won't say that I am practically bouncing off the walls.

------------------

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post
The roads are going to be very slippery tonight this weekend. Everyone be careful. That goes double for you, Dave!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-10-2013).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I don't want to go into it, but I was told the person that was suppose to be there did not show and the 2nd person he said was booked, thought he was not needed so ended up not showing up either.

I was about ready (and actually got the OK from Lisa) to put our 2 daughters, (3 years old and 3 month old) into the car tomorrow morning and just go get the car. FOY says as soon as his wife gets out of school tomorrow at 2:30pm they are going to put their daughter in their car and bring my car up to me. I am going to call down at 3pm and if they are not on their way, I am going to say screw it pack Arianna, Erica, Lisa and I into the car and leave myself to go get the car. The club meeting is Saturday and I want my V8 to be their.

I remember last months club meeting I was hoping to have my V8 their and it didn't happen, this month I don't care what I have to pull off, my V8 damn will be their. If I end up having to go get the car, I'll load up basic tools into our GTP and bring them along just in case. We have a Fiero Friend that lives about 1/2 way between here and FOY's shop that has offered to help us if we have a problem.

------------------

KEV

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Capt. I think after this many times FOY has promised and failed to deliver your Fiero its best to just go get it yourself...good luck and have a safe drive.

------------------

2000 Malibu 3100 V6
1999 GMC Jimmy 4x4
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 auto
1985 Fiero SE 3.4 V6 4 spd
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels

arte444

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
Bring a trailer. Just move that thing already!
IROCTAFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIERODirect Link to This Post
What a joke.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Again??!!! You gotta be kiddin' me.......

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
Once that ball starts rolling, it snowballs fast...

I hope you get your car and everything is good to go!
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IROCTAFIERO:

What a joke.

Seriously. Somehow I think if Capt Fiero drives down there, he'll see the car still apart. I mean it's not hard to upload a video to youtube of the car running...
Jon350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jon350Send a Private Message to Jon350Direct Link to This Post
Ever heard of the movie Groundhog Day...

I hope you get your car soon
PFF
System Bot
IROCTAFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIERODirect Link to This Post
I feel like anyone doing major car surgery like this needs to have a written contract with huge penalties for errors and deadlines.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Too many broken promises doesn't present itself well for any shop. There have been problems explained here but a competant shop should have had these solved long ago. I just hope that the capt gets his Fiero back soon. He is patient but it sounds like it is running out.
fierofan25

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofan25Send a Private Message to fierofan25Direct Link to This Post
is there anyone close that can swing by his place to see whats going on?
arte444

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofan25:

is there anyone close that can swing by his place to see whats going on?

FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-11-2013 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
Just because other people have had issues on here, doesn't mean I'm one of those crooks. People that aren't even involved are acting like I'm some kind of evil guy out to rob him. I have been in constant communication and have put THREE DIFFERENT MOTORS in this car, all at no charge in labor and I'm even giving him a few hundred dollars back after I've spent thousands of my own on it. Penalties for missed deadlines? I have spent over one hundred and fifty hours on this car.

Here's a video from just earlier this week when I was fiddling with the tune one more time. I already posted a video of it driving

[This message has been edited by FriendOfYours (edited 01-11-2013).]

gen2muchwork

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendOfYours:

Just because other people have had issues on here, doesn't mean I'm one of those crooks. People that aren't even involved are acting like I'm some kind of evil guy out to rob him. I have been in constant communication and have put THREE DIFFERENT MOTORS in this car, all at no charge in labor and I'm even giving him a few hundred dollars back after I've spent thousands of my own on it. Penalties for missed deadlines? I have spent over one hundred and fifty hours on this car.

Here's a video from just earlier this week when I was fiddling with the tune one more time. I already posted a video of it driving

the fact that you are still in contact speaks volumes.
I think everyone here relates to Capt.'s situation through some bad experience, where few can relate the "shops" point of view.
We all just want a fellow member to get his car back.
Years from now nobody will care, when you have have set things right in the end, and this build can speak for itself.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
FOY Why O Why couldn't you have posted this video days ago, so many people including myself would have been put at so much more ease. LOL. I was going to ask Steve in Tacoma to drop by tonight after work, but that relaxes me a lot.

I'll talk to you at 3pm, have a great afternoon, and for gawds sake, put a plastic bubble around the car and yourself for that matter to make sure nothing happens to either one so you can be on the road today without issue.

My wife and are going to take both kids to the mall today so I will be away from the forum. I will have my cell with me if you need anything. 604-807-2623

David

------------------

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Hey man while I completely understand that this build has been a real ***** with three motors installed and you are probably wishing you never started it at this point I think what most people here are upset about is that you are having a serious problem of over promising and under delivering. It has been shown far too many times on thus forum that if you do a good job and keep in contact with the customers they will put up with some rather long delays to get what they want. I think the secret is to not promise anything that you are not 100% sure you can deliver on. It has been shown that if you complete a job foe these guys even if it takes a lot longer than they had hoped but the end result is a good one they are more than willing to forget the delays. It is when they are expecting something a certain way and have to wait a long time and are promised things over and over only to find that it did not happen that they start to get all pissy about it. You honestly can come out of this STILL smelling like a rose just do a great job and only promise what you absolutely can deliver... I have been in your situation with fabrication work before when things go bad so I can certainly feel for you but I think your missed promises are killing you slowly man...good luck and get these people their parts and cars and I am quite sure you will enjoy some good business around here. Peace

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-11-2013 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
Change your old radiator caps

Just put the last burn I'm going to do into the ecm, retimed to 11* and I hear a hiss coming from the front. Pop the hood and put my ear to the cap, tap it with my fingers and pewww

My eyes, right side of my face, neck and right hand are incredibly burnt. You're welcome to come get the car but I'm not going anywhere today. I really hate to make you drive so if you want to wait until tomorrow, Amanda and my Pa will drive. Again, if you want to come today, I'll leave the keys in it

[This message has been edited by FriendOfYours (edited 01-11-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock