Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Who's ready for a proper 4.9? (Page 16)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
Who's ready for a proper 4.9? by FriendOfYours
Started on: 10-03-2012 02:56 AM
Replies: 674
Last post by: MaxCubes on 06-06-2013 02:43 AM
FriendOfYours

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2013 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
My explanation is... I forgot. Seriously. With the exhaust and the fire, my mind was all over the place. I forgot simple things like his wheel cap covers and decklid vents. If he comes down this weekend I'll give them to him or I can ship them

I really wish I would have had more time to make it look better, but I spent much more time pulling the cradle in and out, fixing things that shouldn't have gone wrong

[This message has been edited by FriendOfYours (edited 01-28-2013).]

IP: Logged
Purple86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendOfYours:

My explanation is... I forgot. Seriously. With the exhaust and the fire, my mind was all over the place. I forgot simple things like his wheel cap covers and decklid vents. If he comes down this weekend I'll give them to him or I can ship them

Ok.. fair enough.. I won't lie, I'm not impressed but at least Capt got his car back and hopefully I get a kit some time soon...
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

I've got your parts together Capt and the dogbone that is on that motor is the wrong one, that is the old one that came with the Cadillac. I took it off to get to the back end of the motor and got them mixed up as the new one is sitting right here

If I'm not mistake that one is literally in half on the inside, you should be able to tell by grabbing the rubber

The Fuel Pressure Gauge that was on the fuel Rail I need that as well.

So far the list is

Both Rocker Support Beams. From the sounds of it, I am going to NEED THOSE.
Wheel Covers
Both Engine Covers
Fuel Pressure Gauge
My Solid Dogbone. Those are expensive joints.
If you have it, I would like my old exhaust back. This one hangs really low and frankly is louder than my straight through bottle muffler.
My old Poly Mounts, I know one was completely toast, but I plan to drill right through it and bolt it together, so at rest it is sitting on poly but when its under load it will act as a solid mount as the bolts will hold it together. I am also going to order the complete Poly Kit from Dickman.

Please get all these parts together and I will come to the shop and pick them up on either Wednesday or Thursday, as well as pick up the balance of cash.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

jake88gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88gtSend a Private Message to jake88gtDirect Link to This Post
Hey status on my kit as well? Sent a pm with no responce. Any chance you could ship out the parts you finished so i can get a move on with the swap itd be nice to get even the fuel pumpso ican install my gas tank
Zac88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zac88GTClick Here to visit Zac88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zac88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Sounds like a pushrod tapping away in there.

Is the smoke in the video from the exhaust on a cold day?

Yeah, I'd pull the valve covers and check the rocker bridges. Doesn't sound heavy enough to be a connecting rod.

[This message has been edited by Zac88GT (edited 01-28-2013).]

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm just throwing this out there but.. What about tossing the cam and slaping a turbo on there? Not a crazy "you need to tune it based on the weather, the blow off valve scares children" turbo, but just a mild 8-10lbs of boost. I think it would give you more power than the cam.

Honeslty... I know little to nothing about the 4.9.. and I own and drive many Caddy's lol.

[This message has been edited by Purple86GT (edited 01-28-2013).]

FriendOfYours

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2013 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

So far the list is

Wheel Covers
Both Engine Covers
Fuel Pressure Gauge
If you have it, I would like my old exhaust back. This one hangs really low and frankly is louder than my straight through bottle muffler.
My old Poly Mounts, I know one was completely toast, but I plan to drill right through it and bolt it together, so at rest it is sitting on poly but when its under load it will act as a solid mount as the bolts will hold it together. I am also going to order the complete Poly Kit from Dickman.

Please get all these parts together and I will come to the shop and pick them up on either Wednesday or Thursday, as well as pick up the balance of cash.

The gauge is under the bottle, I saw it last night and yes I still have your exhaust. I wouldn't put in on there tho, it's way too small now. I only drove it with the 2.5" twice and it never touched the humps around here, but I'd be happy to rework it when you come. Both the poly mounts were mushroomed, they are gone.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Yeah, I'd say broken rocker bridge, collapsed lifter or loose rocker arm. I'm sure if you take it apart you will find something loose or broken. Does it have steel rocker support? It also sounded like it started a little hard, maybe the timing is off causing the glowing manifolds? Whats the fuel pressure at? Oh, and what type of oil is in the car?
Joseph Upson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post
Check the firing order.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
What I tried to say but did a poor job of it, is there are 2 separate knocking noises. The loud constant one you could hear easily at fire up and a 2nd one that is a much deeper tone, like a main or rod bearing thumb. Unfortunatly due to the clatter noise you can't hear the other and I don't want to run it long enough to try and get the motor to make the other noise.

I have thought about a Turbo, but I need to get the car to simply run and be driveable before I go with any more mods.

I am going to pull the valve covers and see what is going on. However as I have mentioned I need to go to Oregon for 6 weeks and I am supposed to leave on Wednesday.

The oil is 10w40 with some sort of cam break in additive.

I will check the plug wires when I get a chance. When they went to bring the car up, they did have the engine bay fire and had to replace several of the wires, I guess it is conceivable that a plug wire snuck on in the wrong order. I will have to check that. I am going to look over as much as I can before I have to leave.

I think the most important thing will be to get the rocker bridges and install them. At least then we can rule that out. When I do the bridges I will also check the plug wire routing and check for any other wires that might be intermitantly shorting and such. I am going to toss up a photo gallery later tonight of the car and such.

@ Dallas, I will look under the NOS bottle to see if the Fuel Pressure Gauge is there. If it is Great, I just didn't see it when I was taking all the photo's. The Nitrous Pressure one is there though for sure, as its still attached to the NOS lines.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Capt Fiero

7657 posts
Member since Feb 2000

So far the list is

Wheel Covers
Both Engine Covers
Fuel Pressure Gauge

The gauge is under the bottle, I saw it last night and yes I still have your exhaust. I wouldn't put in on there tho, it's way too small now. I only drove it with the 2.5" twice and it never touched the humps around here, but I'd be happy to rework it when you come. Both the poly mounts were mushroomed, they are gone.

Oh and remember to set aside a 4cyl throttle cable.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Capt Fiero

7657 posts
Member since Feb 2000
The full gallery of all the photos I took today is at , http://captfiero.com/49foyend The end meaning end of the build.

This picture has several things I am curious about.

The red wires drooping down are unfused power wires I can't get in to really see them, but if they had made contact with the muffler that could have caused a short that burnt of smaller wires leaving the larger ones in tact. One of the reds does appear to be a bit melted. What do you think has turned the muffler that odd sort of brown in a few spots?

And lastly I mentioned in an earlier post, that I would need to replace a few missing bolts, this is one of the ones I did notice. I can see the one is ready to come out, so I am assuming the mount was put in loose to allow for adjustment and then your assistant must have forgotten to go back and tighten it down.

Also I forgot to ask, do you know where the grommets are, and the PCV Line/Valve parts. I am sure they are kicking around someplace. But I do kinda neat to get something in their.

I guess this must have been straight when you assembled it, and as it went through a few heating / cooling cycles has drooped, but it is barley 2 inches from the ground. If you saw in mine, I had a custom dog leg bend put in the old system, as a straight pipe from the muffler to the tip leaves the muffler pointing down. I don't know how to explain a dog leg bend, but it keeps the muffler high, then drops down to clear the cradle and has the tip attached level with the frame and tucked up.

I do want to say, overall the install was cosmetically very nice, and a huge improvement over what the car was. It needs some fine tuning to but if this motor ran right, I would be really pleased with the entire package and would be here ranting and raving about how cool it was.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 01-28-2013).]

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbDirect Link to This Post
i am really glad you got your car back .this thread had become like an addiction for me .i would open it expecting great things , only to go away disappointed needing a quick pick me up .good luck with the move and good luck with the rest of your build , and have a good sleep , i feel like you have been awake for months .
countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Direct Link to This Post
if you do go turbo, everyone seems to be remembering PBJ's set up bass ackwards. The turbo is a large one, off a 6.7 turbo diesel. The pressure he said it liked best was low, he said it liked to run about 3-5 psi if I recall correctly. As for this thread, I'm like everyone else, at a loss for words. I hope you get it ironed out okay.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Well, I'm trying to be optimistic, that loud "knocking" sound in your video could be something rattling against something else?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Well, I'm trying to be optimistic, that loud "knocking" sound in your video could be something rattling against something else?

I think it's a pushrod hitting the valve cover.
I'm guessing that a stud pulled out of a rocker bridge. I believe FOY said that it still had the aluminum rocker bridges.
If he's got the steel ones in hand, it should be a simple fix.
(It also looked like it had a "miss" from the way it was shaking. That would also point to one cylinder not firing.)

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post
well, if a valve ain't opening, that would cause a cylinder to miss...
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

first post from 10/12/12 "This weekend Capt Fiero is dropping off his baby for a motor swap and it'll be getting our best treatment"

Well I'll be dammed!

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

zkhennings

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsDirect Link to This Post
Hey Capt

Really sorry about all the problems I can't imagine what that must have been like to get bad news after bad news.

I was looking at this picture

And I notice that the nuts on the balljoints are not the crown type that accept a cotter pin to keep them from spinning... Which personally I would replace those with the right type of nuts unless that is the nuts they came with for some reason? But if they are off the shelf nuts I would not leave those there in case they back themselves off
gen2muchwork

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zkhennings:

Hey Capt

Really sorry about all the problems I can't imagine what that must have been like to get bad news after bad news.

And I notice that the nuts on the balljoints are not the crown type that accept a cotter pin to keep them from spinning... Which personally I would replace those with the right type of nuts unless that is the nuts they came with for some reason? But if they are off the shelf nuts I would not leave those there in case they back themselves off

I saw that too. they look like nylock, at least the bottom one. I cant imagine how annoying a nylock nut on a spinning balljoint could be to remove. Personally, I've never seen one used there, but maybe its right idk?

arte444

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
Might be a Jam nut. Still not ideal
PFF
System Bot
OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by arte444:

Might be a Jam nut. Still not ideal

I have seen them come that way new from the box, I feel safer with the cotter key design but these days it seems like more and more are being packaged with nylocks and if you want to go with a cotter key you need to drill a hole for it.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zkhennings:

Hey Capt

That is the way Moog is doing it now, they have moved away from cotter pins and moved to Nylocks. The first time I saw them on a customers car I was worried. IIRC there is a hole for a cotter pin and I may put a cotter pin in, if these do have the hole for one. I do trust Moog if they say the Nylocks are safe, I'll believe it.

That was one of the jobs that I had FOY do, was install a complete new front suspension, upper and lower controls arms with new moog ball joints in the top and bottom as well as all poly Bushings. In fact it was actually his Father that re-did the front suspension for me while FOY was doing the motor swaps. I met his Dad when they dropped the car off to me. Really nice guy.

------------------

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Capt Fiero

7657 posts
Member since Feb 2000

Originally posted by Raydar:

I think it's a pushrod hitting the valve cover.
I'm guessing that a stud pulled out of a rocker bridge. I believe FOY said that it still had the aluminum rocker bridges.
If he's got the steel ones in hand, it should be a simple fix.
(It also looked like it had a "miss" from the way it was shaking. That would also point to one cylinder not firing.)

Yes this motor does have the aluminum bridges we left the steel ones off of this motor to test the blown head gasket theory. Just in case the other bridges were made wrong and somehow putting pressure in places that it shouldn't.

I am pickup up the steel bridges from FOY in a couple days.

------------------

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

http://captfiero.com/videos/mycar/49knock.wmv

So now that you have watched the video, what's the bet that there is at the least a broken...

Yes, It IS definitely BROKEN...and needs to be redone,IMO. Sorry Man, as I know exactly how this feels!

If it were me I would go back 100% STOCK with some poly mounts.

Your lean condition is probably due to the Custom TB/Intake taking in too much air that is NOT compensated by the tune.

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelDirect Link to This Post
Did you remove the accessory drive belt and start the car?

[This message has been edited by Steel (edited 01-29-2013).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Yes, It IS definitely BROKEN...and needs to be redone,IMO. Sorry Man, as I know exactly how this feels!

If it were me I would go back 100% STOCK with some poly mounts.

Your lean condition is probably due to the Custom TB/Intake taking in too much air that is NOT compensated by the tune.

Once I get the rockers sorted out, I am going to check the oil pressure again with a mechanical gage, as it was reading 5lbs of oil pressure at idle and barley getting 20lbs at 3000rpms.

With 10w40 it should have been more, but I can't even address the bearing issue until I get rid of the top end knock.

I am also going to get my thermal gun and check to see if it is a bank that is lean, or the entire engine is lean, then as a last ditch I'll grab an adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator and some Mustang injectors and toss on there. FOY did give me 2 ECM's so I am assuming one ECM has His Tune in it and one my the chip with my Personal Tune in it. I don't have a Wide Band, but I do know where I can borrow one for a few days.

However all of this will have to wait as I am leaving in the Morning for 6 weeks in Oregon.

------------------

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Capt Fiero

7657 posts
Member since Feb 2000

Originally posted by Steel:

Did you remove the accessory drive belt and start the car?

Oh If it was just Front Caddy Main Bearing Thump I would be ecstatic, however that was not the knock I was hearing. I will however give it a shot, just to rule it out. When I get back from Oregon.

------------------

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Capt Fiero

7657 posts
Member since Feb 2000
I had to move the car out of the way so it can sit while I am gone. (only about 10ft forward) So it gave me another chance to video the engine at varied RPM ranges. I never reved it over 2500 and was moving on a muddy section of grass. (that's why I had to move it, wife did not want it left on the lawn for a month and a half) So while moving it onto the driveway, here is a new video.

I think the deeper knock only shows up when the engine is hot and the oil is thinned out. So there must be 2 totally different issues.

Here is the 2nd video.

http://captfiero.com/videos/mycar/49video2.wmv

------------------

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
All I hear is the loud upper end knock and can see there is a missfire. Get the upper end knock fixed (steel rocker bridges) then see what it does.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Oh and FOY I did find the Fuel Pressure Gauge under the NOS bottle. Thank You.
PFF
System Bot
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Capt Fiero

7657 posts
Member since Feb 2000

I am going to be leaving for Oregon hopefully Wednesday Jan 30th and heading by the shop. Can we arrange a time in the evening to pick up the parts for my car and the balance of the cash? I just sent you an email about it all.

------------------

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post

I am going to be leaving for Oregon hopefully Wednesday Jan 30th and heading by the shop. Can we arrange a time in the evening to pick up the parts for my car and the balance of the cash? I just sent you an email about it all.

Any chance you can pick up my swap kit at the same time? I tried to contact FOY and so far he has not been returning my messages...

Cheers!

[This message has been edited by Purple86GT (edited 01-29-2013).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Purple86GT:

Any chance you can pick up my swap kit at the same time? I tried to contact FOUND and so far he has not been returning my messages...

Cheers!

If he has it, I have no problem picking it up for you. He mentioned something about a shipment he had sent out and UPS called him to say they could not deliver the package as no one was there to pay the duty? Was that your kit?
So ya if you can get in touch with him about it, and tell him to have it ready with my stuff, I can grab it for you.

Side note, I just finished installing the MSD Digital 6 Plus Ignition Box on my Fiero and re-wired the huge Tach, between those mods and replacing the plugged up cat, I can't belive how well the car is running. It is going to be a joy to run to Oregon with.

------------------

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post

If he has it, I have no problem picking it up for you. He mentioned something about a shipment he had sent out and UPS called him to say they could not deliver the package as no one was there to pay the duty? Was that your kit?
So ya if you can get in touch with him about it, and tell him to have it ready with my stuff, I can grab it for you.

Side note, I just finished installing the MSD Digital 6 Plus Ignition Box on my Fiero and re-wired the huge Tach, between those mods and replacing the plugged up cat, I can't belive how well the car is running. It is going to be a joy to run to Oregon with.

That was my flywheel and filer neck. I refused the duty fees from UPS and self cleared the package through CBSA. I have that package. He said he was going to put my swap kit in your car and forgot as he... as he mentioned in this thread a few posts ago.

Hopefully he will respond to my emails or text message soon. If you can ask him about it it would be awesome.

Thanks!

.. autocorrect on this tablet is driving me crazy..... I had to edit this post 4 times and finally gave up! Lol!

[This message has been edited by Purple86GT (edited 01-29-2013).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Ok Gotcha, Both you and he have all my contact info, so call or text me with what you end up with. Oh if you are texting make sure you send it to 604-807-2623 I don't know if texting will work through call forwarding.

------------------

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonDirect Link to This Post
Not to detract from this riveting tale of Fier-woe but since everyone seems to be following it I suggest for shipping to Canada to use United States Parcel Service. I've had several Fiero Store deliveries through USPS & Canada Post & there were no fees other than those paid to the Fiero Store. I used United Pirates Society once & got fees & duties & fees to collect the fees! USPS & Canada Post have online traceability as well. Also, with all due respect to the expectations & efforts of the principal players in this thread, I can't help but wonder if the outcome would have been significantly better if the meticulous Bloozberry style attention to detail had been employed. Too bad he's at the other end of the road (the Trans Canada Higway). Anyway, here's hoping for ultimate success Capt.!
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

Not to detract from this riveting tale of Fier-woe but since everyone seems to be following it I suggest for shipping to Canada to use United States Parcel Service. I've had several Fiero Store deliveries through USPS & Canada Post & there were no fees other than those paid to the Fiero Store. I used United Pirates Society once & got fees & duties & fees to collect the fees! USPS & Canada Post have online traceability as well. Also, with all due respect to the expectations & efforts of the principal players in this thread, I can't help but wonder if the outcome would have been significantly better if the meticulous Bloozberry style attention to detail had been employed. Too bad he's at the other end of the road (the Trans Canada Higway). Anyway, here's hoping for ultimate success Capt.!

It seems that using USPS from where FOY is, there is no way of getting tracking information. (this is how my kit apperently originaly got lost...). I have no figured out how to self clear my packages when shipped via UPS. So I don't have to pay their retarded fees. As a matter of fact, when I self clear, it's cheaper than Canada Post brokerage fees.

I'm trying to get in touch with FOY but not having any luck... He said to always be in contact with him before "freaking out" on the forum. I held my word and doing just that. It doesn't seem to be working...

jake88gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88gtSend a Private Message to jake88gtDirect Link to This Post
You and me both.. no responce yet on my end
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Direct Link to This Post
Boy, Capt', that title heading for your thread isn't very appropriate anymore! Having met you and your wife, before, on one of your earlier Oregon trips, I really symathize with your situation. There sure seems to be a number of "experts" taking hard earned Fiero owners money and providing little in return. If I can't do the work, one of my friends can! That's my motto , and I'm sticking to it after seeing everyones problems with getting work done. I sure hope you get it all sorted out.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock