Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Crazy Dave's ZZ430 FI Build Progress (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
Crazy Dave's ZZ430 FI Build Progress by crazyd
Started on: 07-25-2002 04:22 PM
Replies: 249
Last post by: crazyd on 04-03-2004 08:40 PM
Fatal Error

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fatal ErrorSend a Private Message to Fatal ErrorDirect Link to This Post
Are the videos still available?

What kinda MPG are you seeing?

Thanks

IP: Logged
Fatal Error

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fatal ErrorSend a Private Message to Fatal ErrorDirect Link to This Post

Fatal Error

170 posts
Member since Jul 2001
*bump*
boristheblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2003 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boristhebladeClick Here to visit boristheblade's HomePageSend a Private Message to boristhebladeDirect Link to This Post
Wow, i somehow managed to miss this thread, rediculous.
Can we please get some all out drag strip vids?
ImmortalFirefly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2003 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImmortalFireflyClick Here to visit ImmortalFirefly's HomePageSend a Private Message to ImmortalFireflyDirect Link to This Post
Bump for me too! I know its wintertime and all. I'm just wondering if you have any updates on the car. I'm simply amazed by what you've done with it.

ImmortalFirefly

------------------
Practice makes perfect, but since nobody's perfect, why practice?

If life gives you lemons, take them and throw them at people you hate.

crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2003 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, it's been a while since all this went down. The throttle body has been upgraded to a 58mm BBK and the change was dramatic. ECM analysis showed that the air/fuel ratio is now dead-on under acceleration, but it still remains off at cruise.

I have taken the car apart in a heated garage for the winter to do some work on it. Currently I'm treating the leather seats to soften them from the last 5 years of aging, having the aluminum valve covers polished, overhauling & cleaning the rear brake calipers, upgrading all rubber brake hoses to stainless steel, upgrading the brake master cylinder, replacing all a/c o-ring seals, and dyeing the trunk carpet. Most of that work is almost done - and just in time for winter. Next is to figure out a cold-air intake setup for it, as the intake air temps are usually in the 140degF range.

I get about 22mpg on the highway, and about 15mpg around town. Videos, photos, stories and specs are available at
http://www.crazydave.org/zz430-gt

To the new crop of forum members, welcome. Perhaps one of our more senior members would like to compile a list of recommended historical threads to read for those who are just joining us.

Dave

daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2004 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
I really love those rims on crazydaves car. Does anybody know what brand and model they are. I was thinking konig something but im not sure.

------------------
fast and reckless

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2004 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
Has it been down the track at all yet Dave?

Oh, and your video links are down...

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2004 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by daniel87fierogt:

I really love those rims on crazydaves car. Does anybody know what brand and model they are. I was thinking konig something but im not sure.

Konig Imagine

DustoneGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2004 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DustoneGTSend a Private Message to DustoneGTDirect Link to This Post
oops

[This message has been edited by DustoneGT (edited 04-03-2004).]

crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2004 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the note about the videos page, I've fixed it. There's also a new standalone site for the car.

zz430fiero.com

Dave

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock